Springfield, MO - No, really, we play fighting games here!

Comments

• drunkninja42drunkninja42 My Little CvS Joined: Posts: 1,697
    Sounds good, I'll give that a shot this Monday.

Gotta find a way to deal with that damn Wesker, lol. Well, just need to get my execution down in general. So many failed mirage feint crossups and random tenderizers with Skrull due to mashing:wonder:
  • zenkixzenkix Joined: Posts: 59
    I'm worried about the time we'll spend button checking. Is everyone using the same button layout? I think mine is different so you guys will hate me for having to set it up before each match.

M H S
    L A1 A2
  • RavingGreenRavingGreen Strictly Viper Joined: Posts: 44
    That reminds me of blazblue layout. Some characters have use for buttons S + L. So my layout is:

L M H
    S A1 A2

As long as your don't have chars that use those two buttons, else I would like to see how those buttons as the same time.
  • WardenWarden RICHARDS!!! Joined: Posts: 240
    Nobody is going to mind if you have to change the buttons, dude. ^^
    No, I mean...I start thinking, you know, and it makes...MRRRR URRRRRGH IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86
    I know, but it's going to get annoying, at least for me, during casuals and stuff. Are the majority of the people using Sang's layout? I'll give that a try this weekend and see if it works for me.
    That's kind of the "default" for playing on sticks. If you change the control scheme to Beta, that's what you get.
    No, I mean...I start thinking, you know, and it makes...MRRRR URRRRRGH IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86
    Unless you're on an MvC stick, like me. Seriously, it puzzles me how they totally did not design one of the defaults to map to that stick :/

But yeah, the layout Sang posted is the default for the game.
  • CaravelCaravel Handsome Kung Fu Master Joined: Posts: 83
    All I have to do now is figure out how to play MVC3. And choose a team. And get some actual combos down. And learn to spam assists.
  • Electric_GypsyElectric_Gypsy 40th Successor to Bushinryu Joined: Posts: 99
    Just started to dig into MvC really good this morning, been running Spidey (Web Ball)/Wesker (Samurai Edge)/Iron Man (Unibeam) and Viper (Seismo)/Storm (Whirlwind)/Doom (Rocks).

In team 1, I use Wesker's assist to set up OTG Maximum Spider, and use Unibeam to cover Web Zip approaches or Wesker teleports. Team 2 is basically all about giving Viper time and cover to approach and build meter for Storm, and DHC into Hailstorm.

Any opinions on these teams and how I can improve them? I'd like to get pretty decent so I can take a Monday off and bring some game to one of these tournaments.
    "I'm not a vegetarian because I Iove animals; I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." - Stacy

May the power of Bushinryu be forever etched into your retinas.
    Sounds like a pretty solid gameplan there. Shoot me an invite if you're online sometime and I'll play you a bit.
  • ZanaOyakataZanaOyakata Ichigeki Hisatsu Joined: Posts: 433
    I have been using layout beta since it leaked and it has been useful for my Wolverine. Oh and WTF with all these people trying to pick up wolverine? Seriously...

Sang your team is Double D's
    Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything. - Tendou Souji
    Most cheapest man in the world, is Mago. - Tokido
    Lately I've been thinking of using X-23 instead of storm. In terms of combo X-23 feels more natural to me than storm. However, without air dash I feel like I can't get around very well. I tried hoping around and got smacked with hyper and projectiles. I'll see how I do tonight with Storm on the team.
    For what it's worth, I discovered that I like Wolverine by accident. I heard about Justin raping a couple days after. lol

I managed to get used to the default controls. Well worth the hour of frustration that it took.
    Let's see - Wolverine does sick damage, is really fast, can pass through projectiles.....and bottom line, he's just really fun to play. Him and X-23 have the "I hit the button and they get cut instantly" feel to their combos. Wolvie has more life than X-23, and his combos are a bit easier, I think. He's got fewer mixups, no insane command grab, and no good OTG xx Hyper combo, but I think Berserker Charge more than makes up for his downfalls.

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86
    Oh and he can 100% Sentinel with LMH M.Barrage Xfactor M.Barrage ad nauseum instant overhead with j.S or j.L with all other characters.
  • Professor LexProfessor Lex Joined: Posts: 38
    Good games to everyone.

Next week, I promise I have your number, Clint.
    Dude, your whole team was solid....sick use of assists to prolong your Wesker combos. Tron was a nightmare when she hit me, but I think I can deal with her......but Phoenix man, wow. I'm going to have to figure out what is possible against her.

Great fights though, this game is the next level of hype.

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86
  • Professor LexProfessor Lex Joined: Posts: 38
    When you switched to Deadpool, I was really confident that I had it. I was not expecting you to be so solid with so many characters. Doom is a disaster waiting to happen for me. You would not let things just go with him. It was a lot of fun playing against you at such a high level of play already, and that goes for everyone I was up against.

Next week, I'm going to be rocking that team even harder, so watch out.
    Deadpool is super annoying, but he also can do some sick damage off his combos. After I left I decided he earned a permanent spot on my team, hehe. Chris didn't really do me any favors, though. Doom is great because he can switch playstyles from rushdown to zoning at the drop of a hat.

There are too many good characters in this game, it's really hard to focus on just 3. Can't wait to see what you'll pull out next monday.

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86
    Let's see how I do next week with X-23 on my team instead of storm. Also, do we have a day on a second hookup?
    Let's see how I do next week with X-23 on my team instead of storm. Also, do we have a day on a second hookup?

I haven't heard anything yet, I think Dennis is still getting info.

Btw, I should have updated ranking info up tonight, been busy these last few nights.
    ...And I realized last night that I left the laptop at Meta, lol. I'll have to run by and see if they have it today.

...And I forgot while I was at work. Eh, at this point, I might as well leave it up there for next Monday and update everything then.
    So who is going to Evo?
    Sang
    Torrey
    ???

I would like to split a room.
    So who is going to Evo?
    Sang
    Torrey
    ???

I would like to split a room.

So far just us, but my plans still aren't solid yet. I'm definitely down for splitting a room. I know Clint wants to go, but last I talked to him, he still wasn't sure if he'd be able to. I'm definitely in if we can get at least 3 of us together to split a room. Considering the rooms are substantially cheaper this year anyway (the amount split between Clint and I last year is around the same as the total cost of the room this year), this should make things far more doable. If we plan for getting there the 28th and leaving on the 1st, the cost would be $416 (before taxes and any other fees) for the room according to the site. So if everyone shares a room, with 3-4, that's be $139-$104 per person. And if you get airfare from Allegiant right now, it's $160 or so each way on those days (after fees and such), so around $450 or so for the trip (excluding costs for entering the tourney, food, etc). Pretty reasonable.

Personally, I'd like to make some solid plans with everyone fairly soon, just to be sure I can get off work, get the rooms and flights booked, and have everything ready to go.
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Hey guys, A.R.K. III (one of the largest fighting game tournaments in the South) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people at this tournament featuring games such as SSF4, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Arcana Heart 3, Blazblue: CS, Tekken 6, Melee, Brawl, Project: M, and more! We will have a recording station available for you to record whichever matches you deem necessary (just work it out with the station manager) as well as a stream station. If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://shoryuken.com/f7/r-k-iii-conway-ar-4-2-11-ssf4-mvc3-mk9-t6-bb-smash-more-261820/. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Street Fighter/Marvel community as a whole. Thanks guys!
    So far just us, but my plans still aren't solid yet. I'm definitely down for splitting a room. I know Clint wants to go, but last I talked to him, he still wasn't sure if he'd be able to. I'm definitely in if we can get at least 3 of us together to split a room. Considering the rooms are substantially cheaper this year anyway (the amount split between Clint and I last year is around the same as the total cost of the room this year), this should make things far more doable. If we plan for getting there the 28th and leaving on the 1st, the cost would be $416 (before taxes and any other fees) for the room according to the site. So if everyone shares a room, with 3-4, that's be $139-$104 per person. And if you get airfare from Allegiant right now, it's $160 or so each way on those days (after fees and such), so around $450 or so for the trip (excluding costs for entering the tourney, food, etc). Pretty reasonable.

Personally, I'd like to make some solid plans with everyone fairly soon, just to be sure I can get off work, get the rooms and flights booked, and have everything ready to go.

I was thinking more like 3 nights Thursday Friday and Saturday and leave on Sunday I looked and it was 347 for the room.

Maybe we can see when some guys from KC are going and try and get a group rate airfare or something.
    If you can find some good airfare for Sunday, I might be able to leave then. I just wouldn't want to miss finals. I know last year finals ran well into Sunday night. All of us just wound up staying up and sleeping on the flight back in the morning.

And yeah, I'm up for seeing what the KC guys are doing, we hung out quite a bit last year anyway.
    Alright folks, after much delay, I have our current MvC3 ranbat standings!

To get it all out of the way:

Week 1 Top 8:
    1: Warden (Clint)
    2: Alex
    3: Josh
    4: Sang
    5: Masaki
    5: Sala
    7: R. Swain
    7: DrunkNinja (Torrey)

And Week 2 Top 8:
    3: Sala
    4: Sang
    5: Zenkix (Aniel)
    5: Josh
    7: Tom
    7: DrunkNinja (Torrey)

So that puts our current standings as such:

1: Warden (Clint) - 14pts
    2: Alex - 10pts
    3: Josh - 6pts
    3: Sala - 6pts
    3: Sang - 6pts
    4: Masaki - 2pts
    4: Zenkix (Aniel) - 2pts
    4: DrunkNinja (Torrey) - 2pts
    5: R. Swain - 1pt
    5: Tom - 1pt

Lots of tied places, but that should even out soon.
    Anyone have a 360 stick that I could borrow for a bit?

Warden, Can you help me out with the ROM loop sometime?
    ^ Isn't that the Magneto infinite in MVC2? I don't know how to do that.....

I can do two different Mag combos in 3. I'll show you the timing on them though, np.

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86
  • jrsdrumzjrsdrumz DID YOU KNOW?! Joined: Posts: 33
    the ROM loop is pretty crazy....

you probably want to do the basic magneto bnb: after launching you just H, air dash forward, M, H, land then jump H, adf, M, H....you can do this 3 times I'm pretty sure... then land, H into lvl 1 or lvl 3.

The ROM loop seems impractical but I'm pretty terrible so maybe I'm wrong....
    Oh wow, had no idea that still worked (somewhat) in MvC3. God, I spent hours trying to do it in MvC2 months ago, got like 2 reps down, lol.

Anyways, for anyone who didn't catch Dennis monday, we're going to be playing at Next Level Games this Sunday starting around Noon (new game store by the Tower Theater if you didn't know). So come out and bring some game!
    Oh sure Torrey, get on here and drop a comment but don't post the updated MvC3 points!!! :P

By the way thanks for being the one who does that for us! :D
    I'll look up the new game store. BTW what are the results? Also, who is all going to KC next weekend? I'm going for sure.
    I'll look up the new game store. BTW what are the results? Also, who is all going to KC next weekend? I'm going for sure.

I am going for sure.
    You joining into 1 car or leaving on a different day?
    Oh sure Torrey, get on here and drop a comment but don't post the updated MvC3 points!!! :P

By the way thanks for being the one who does that for us! :D

I'll try to have them up tonight. I was just lazy and didn't dig my laptop out of the car :P
    Alright, latest results are official. We only had 8 this week, so a good chance for a few people to get a nice point boost :D

2: Sala
    3: Masaki
    4: DrunkNinja (Torrey)
    5: R. Swain
    5: Fenske
    7: Tom
    7: Jay

Good games everyone!
  • eVileeVile Retired Frame Trapper Joined: Posts: 50
    I can post!!!

Anyways, the 2nd day will be as follows:

Location: Next Level Games 1914 S Glenstone Ave (Sunshine & Glenstone Plaza Center)
    Time: Sundays @ Noon starting Sunday March 13th

After this Sunday, we should have something worked out for Thursdays as well.
    No, I will not play a different character.
    I will be there for sure on Sunday fellas!
  • eVileeVile Retired Frame Trapper Joined: Posts: 50
    I've messaged a few people, but if anyone is coming Sunday, that can bring a PS3 stick, please do! I just went all over town to find out no one sells them anymore! Of course as soon as the Next Level finds a decent distributor, they will (along with Sanwa and Seimitsu parts), but I digress.
    No, I will not play a different character.
    I will bring both my sticks and a setup.
    Good games today fellas! It was nice to have another day to get some practice before the tourney Monday. All the staff seemed happy to have us there and it sounds like the setup is only going to get better! I'm looking forward to playing there again and working with them on future events.

So do we want to start running other ranbats?... like SSF4 again? Maybe we can alternate between MvC3 and that each time? Or we could use our second day at Next Level to run it?...Just some things for us to think about...Let mek now what you all would like.
    Good games today fellas! It was nice to have another day to get some practice before the tourney Monday. All the staff seemed happy to have us there and it sounds like the setup is only going to get better! I'm looking forward to playing there again and working with them on future events.

So do we want to start running other ranbats?... like SSF4 again? Maybe we can alternate between MvC3 and that each time? Or we could use our second day at Next Level to run it?...Just some things for us to think about...Let mek now what you all would like.

Yeah, I've been thinking of alternating, since I'd like to keep my SSF4 game up as well, and I know others do too. I think it'd be better for the Next Level stuff to just be casuals (at least for now) and see where it goes from there. We should gather some opinions tonight and see.
  • Electric_GypsyElectric_Gypsy 40th Successor to Bushinryu Joined: Posts: 99
    Oh, NICE!! I will definitely be making it out one of these coming Sundays for sure! I can bring a stick or a fightpad for either console as well, if needed.

Looking forward to the learning experience again :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "I'm not a vegetarian because I Iove animals; I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." - Stacy

May the power of Bushinryu be forever etched into your retinas.
    Alright, in a bit of break from my norm, I actually have results from TONIGHT :rock:

3: DrunkNinja (Torrey)
    4: Sala
    5: Josh
    5: Fenske
    7: Masaki
    7: Sang
    9: eVile (Dennis)
    9: Tom

Good games to everyone that came out, it definitely looks like everyone's game is stepping up! And to the AH3/BB players that came out, ggs as well (sorry, I don't think I caught anyone's names), I may have to step back into the CS arena a bit.

And now for the question: I'm thinking we do one more week of Marvel ranbats before finalizing those results and moving into a new alternating schedule with MvC3 and SSF4. Obviously we'll have both games for casuals each week. Any thoughts?

And last thing, I updated the OP with info for the Next Level Games hookups on Sundays.
  • TarinTarin Confused Joined: Posts: 6
    Good games to everyone that came out, it definitely looks like everyone's game is stepping up! And to the AH3/BB players that came out, ggs as well (sorry, I don't think I caught anyone's names), I may have to step back into the CS arena a bit.

*raises hand* That would be me and my friends. I was the spazzy Lambda/ Petra player. The names Zach and the Makoto/ Akane player was my friend, Markus.
    So far, Torrey, Alex and I are going to KC this week. Who else is going?
    *raises hand* That would be me and my friends. I was the spazzy Lambda/ Petra player. The names Zach and the Makoto/ Akane player was my friend, Markus.

Awesome, great to see some new faces around, hope to see more of you guys! Maybe if we get some interest going again, we can hold a BB or AH3 tourney one of these weeks.
    I really wanted to go to KC this weekend but other obligations popped up. :(

You guys will have to tear it up without me.

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86