Springfield, MO - No, really, we play fighting games here!

Comments

• PeppermexPeppermex Joined: Posts: 33
    timmytmcd wrote: »

Thanks for thinking of me. I was trying to figure out a time to get some games in but I'm having a hard time coming up with an answer. I have class on Monday & Thursday nights and church on Wednesday night. I have homework on Tuesday and Friday. If we could do it on Saturday morning, I'd be in for sure. My next Monday night off is October 21st.

Do you really need two days for homework? Lol
  • CaravelCaravel Handsome Kung Fu Master Joined: Posts: 83
    I talked to Ryan about the Meta schedule and he suggested Thursdays. That might not work for Tim, but it would give the people who want to be up late the option of going to Barkade afterwards. Thoughts?
  • timmytmcdtimmytmcd hyper uppercut Joined: Posts: 136
    Hey Tom, I saw your post about the monitor bag. Unfortunately I'm not sure what I'm doing with all my stuff yet. There is a chance I'll be getting a computer and will need the monitor and bag. I think I can let you know this week. KOF XIII SE full unlock today!
  • TaigaBellTaigaBell The Dawkness Joined: Posts: 35
    Hey there! I recently came out to Springfield from Delaware to go to school and I was wondering who around here plays fighting vidya? It's been awhile since I've tried to play seriously but I figure since I'm here now, it might be an opportunity to play. I guess I'm best at Guilty Gear and I want to get better at Street Fighter and possibly Marvel I guess.
    If you want to play fighters, come by Metagames on Monday nights. People generally show up by 7, and we always play Street Fighter. I bring Marvel, KOF, and Injustice, too, and we'll play whatever people want to play that we have. Metagames is at 3309 E Sunshine St; it's over by Sunshine and 65 highway on the east side of town.
    On the plus side. I'm glad I waited to buy my fight stick. http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/sep/15/evo-2014-be-played-xbox-360-systems/
  • TaigaBellTaigaBell The Dawkness Joined: Posts: 35
    Ah, mondays are usually a bit odd for me...actually most days are except friday unless I get transportation. I'll try to see about asking around for anyone on campus if I see stuff goin down.
  • hypnautixhypnautix Joined: Posts: 117
    Just a reminder guys. I'll be bringing the xbox from now on unless tournament console changes again lol. Bring one extra xbox stick please.
    I'm going to be skipping Metagames tonight to deal with sick children, so someone else might want to bring a setup.
    Caravel wrote: »
    Wed. night is bad for me as well as Tim. I can do Tuesday or Thursday, though.

Also: Tim, are you interested in selling your monitor bag? Now that I'm bringing a setup nightly, it seems quite appealing.

Tom, Amazon has the monitor bag in stock again. It says there is only one left but more on the way. Here is the link...
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RSQ732/ref=dra_a_cs_mr_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradisplay-20
  • Tek7Tek7 Joined: Posts: 71
    edited October 2013
    I feel a bit sheepish posting to this thread again when most of you probably won't remember me, but I cleared my PSN friends list tonight (since many of the folks on my friends list hadn't logged in to PSN in over a year) and I wanted to invite anyone who'd like to do so to re-add me!

My PSN ID is gummyzergling.

You can also add me on Steam if you'd like. You can find my Steam profile at http://steamcommunity.com/id/tek7/

I'd still <3 to get out to a local event some time, but parenthood has a way of taking control of one's schedule. :)

While I'm here, I might as well ask: A while back, there was talk of Next-Level Games opening a second location. Is that still in the works?
  • humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,403
    I'm not going to be at Meta tomorrow, since I've got to do some family stuff. Someone else might want to bring some extra sticks.
  • Go_Fish07Go_Fish07 Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey guys, at some point I'm going to be hosting SSFIV AE:2012/Ultimoot Mahvel 3 at my new place so we could have another time to meet weekly and train. Everyone is invited to come and bring setups.

I'm calling it "Grind Sessions"

sweet huh? anyway the first one will be tonight starting at 6/7 until 10/11ish Sang and I will be grinding out UMVC3 tonight so if anyone wants to play something else by all means bring the game and an extra setup.

Text me (Aaron) at 816-267-1492 for directions!
    Like the name. Won't be able to make it tonight. As for best times. Tuesday and Thursday would be the best time for me and Kiko. We can show up on Fridays and Saturday nights but weekends can be spotty due to it being the weekend.
    Kiko and I won't be able to make it to Fight Night this Monday 11/11/13. Kiko been working more hours and needs some rest. I'm still all high on Dental surgery drugs. If there is another "Grind Sessions" we will be able to make that. Also for those who were not there last Monday just wanted to give you a heads up that Sang said he wouldn't be able to make it this Monday as well. We'll see ya's at the next Grind Sessions or if not, then we'll see you all the Monday after.
  • King Takes PawnKing Takes Pawn Joined: Posts: 345
    Shoot. I was going to be able to make it tonight.
    Hey guys, I won't be able to make it out today as well. Just got bathroom renovation taken care of, now I need to clean it up. I'll be out again for the next week.
    I'll be there tonight with my setup, probably 630 or 7.
    We'll be there and bring our setup. So we will have enough.
  • MarkusMarkus Squirrel Enthusiast. Joined: Posts: 121
    Hey guys, planning on actually being there. Will I need to bring my PS3 or will one be there?
    TG: the thing with time travel is
    TG: you cant overthink it
    TG: just roll with it and see what happens
    TG: and above all try not to do anything retarded
    More is always better!
    Bring the ps3. We have Xboxes, but not ps3s.
    edited December 2013
    Me and Kiko hosting a Fight Night at our apt tonight at 7pm. Anyone interested? Let me know and I'll send you my address.
    Post edited by Peppermex on
    edited December 2013
    So Tim, with school out, will we see you at fight night or Thursday night Grind Sessions?
    Thursday night Grind sessions? Who is hosting it?
    That was a general question for Tim. Kiko and I have been hosting Thursday fight last couple of weeks. Won't be able to do it tonight though. I'm down for Friday night.

Another question I have for all. I know Christmas is coming but that won't bother my schedule. I'm down to meet up on normal Mondays. Just wondering if anyone else will be there?
    Yep, school is out (for a week anyway). This Thursday is out for me but Monday the 23rd might work. Is anyone getting the Marvel stuff they need before it's gone for good?
    Back in Action. I should be there the 23rd.
    I'll be there on Monday as normal.And I got Marvel downloaded for $5, so I don't have to bring the disc anymore.
    I'll bring our setup on Monday. Also, SSF4:AE is half off on steam. I bought it. So if anyone want to play on there let me know. I find its net code way better then consoles.
    Sorry guys but I won't be out to Meta tonight. I've had a cold this weekend and was hoping I would be better today. I'm actually worse. I'll have to try for next time.

Tony, I'm on PC from time to time. Add me to your steam and xbox live account. I'm looking forward to online training mode in Ultra.
    Tim, is your I'd the same on steam and xlive? Also, what is your steam id?
    Yep, same on steam and in GFWL. It's timmytmcd.
    Hey guys, I have two early Christmas presents that I'm looking to sell. I have a 12 month Xbox Live Gold Membership. It's worth $60 but I got it for $35 so that's what I'm asking. Also, I have a 25th Anniversary Street Fighter Box Set for Xbox 360 that is sealed and in perfect condition. I got that for $50 so... hit me up if you are interested. I can meet up anytime.
    Oh, yeah...I just formatted a 320 GB hard drive for Xbox 360 that I'd like to sell. $35 makes it yours. It comes with the plastic hard drive case for the Xbox and everything.
    So found out the PS3 controller really does't work on PC that well. Also, seeing how I'll need an xbox 360 controller anyway I was wondering if any of you guys getting rid of old TE fight sticks for xbox360? Or Was thinking about buying those qanba type controllers you guys have. How well do those work on computers?
    The Qanba sticks work fine with the PC. That's what I use and they are pretty much plug and play.
    I'm thunt79 on Steam. Feel free to add me.
    I'll second Tim's assertion that Qanba sticks will work on PC fine.
    Done and done. Got a Q4 Black. Now we play the waiting game...
    timmytmcd wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have two early Christmas presents that I'm looking to sell. I have a 12 month Xbox Live Gold Membership. It's worth $60 but I got it for $35 so that's what I'm asking. Also, I have a 25th Anniversary Street Fighter Box Set for Xbox 360 that is sealed and in perfect condition. I got that for $50 so... hit me up if you are interested. I can meet up anytime.

I'll take the gold membership off of your hands, Tim. Let me know where/when you want to meet.
    I went ahead and started an open Facebook group for us. It's https://www.facebook.com/groups/219267108253063/, listed as Springfield MO Fighting Game Players. If you're not in it, it's probably because I'm not FB friends with you or because I am and I forgot that I was; adding people to a group is tough.
    Got my Q4. Its strange how I couldn't get it to work on PC mode but xbox mode works fine on my computer lol Anyways i'll be up tonight playing Street fighter if anyone wants play on steam. Steam name is nightwz and windows live name is Peppermex
    edited January 2014
    Peppermex wrote: »
    Got my Q4. Its strange how I couldn't get it to work on PC mode but xbox mode works fine on my computer lol Anyways i'll be up tonight playing Street fighter if anyone wants play on steam. Steam name is nightwz and windows live name is Peppermex

Didn't see your post last night as the SRK forums were struggling. I was playing KOF on Steam last night. Glad you got your Q4. Which color did you get?
    Black. Also, I totally forgot to get KoF when it was discounted. I'll be playing most of today. Nothing else to do while in this storm
    So, who's going to be a truly dedicated street fighter and come to meta tonight? I can be there if I'm not alone.
    I'll be happy to go. Got the Streetfighter/Kof fever, and I think I owe you for not making New Years anyway.
    In my defense, it was a weird night.
    Me Kiko and Ronnie will be not be going tonight. Too cold