Springfield, MO - No, really, we play fighting games here!

1202122232426»

Comments

• King Takes PawnKing Takes Pawn Joined: Posts: 345
    Wife just told me she's already scheduled tonight, so I'm staying put apparently , however I am totally up
    for playing online if we want to make a room on Steam or something.
  • timmytmcdtimmytmcd hyper uppercut Joined: Posts: 136
    Can't make it. School is cancelled but class is not. We are moving it to an online environment this evening.
  • CaravelCaravel Handsome Kung Fu Master Joined: Posts: 83
    I picked up Pokemon X. I'll be Pokemon training now.
  • ChivalricTech5ChivalricTech5 Joined: Posts: 4
    New to the Shoryuken boards here, but excited there are some people that play in Springfield. Will there be some games tonight? And does anybody play UMVC3? I'm just a casual fighter but would enjoy getting a couple rounds in.
  • PeppermexPeppermex Joined: Posts: 33
    Yeah we meet every Monday 7pm at MetaGames. We mainly play street fighter but we do play UMVC3 as well. If you show up we'll play it. Also, we all play with fight sticks. If you don't use a fight stick I suggest grabbing a wired controller to play with. We always have 1 ps3 and 1 xbox360 to play on.
  • hypnautixhypnautix Joined: Posts: 117
    I'll be out there tonight. Got today off as a holiday :)
    I won't be there tonight, but I should be around next week.
    Kiko and I will be hosting a Thursday night throwdown! Be at our place by 7pm. We have three controllers, two screens, and one ps3. So if we have a lot of people we might need another Controller and System. Address is 821 e battlefield apt 29. If you need help finding it let me know.
    edited February 2014
    Another Thursday Night Throwdown at my place this Thursday! Let me know if you're interested or just show up. We'll be playing till 11/11:30ish
  • MarkusMarkus Squirrel Enthusiast. Joined: Posts: 121
    Did anyone in here happen to pick up Skullgirls Encore on PS3? If so, my PSN is Markus_Arx. I'd love to have some more games in it.
    TG: the thing with time travel is
    TG: you cant overthink it
    TG: just roll with it and see what happens
    TG: and above all try not to do anything retarded
    Anyone making it out today?
    Kiko and I will be there
    I'll be there.
    Cool. I don't have a setup with me, but I have my stick.
    We'll bring our setup.
    If anybody without a stick is looking for one, I found this stick on Amazon. Looks/sounds decent for the cheap price and easily modded. Maybe some of the stick experts have a better opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015PHMFU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2F2Q3IXBIADLJ&coliid=I3V2O1KQJJXN7X

I'm thinking about picking this stick up as it is half the price of any 360 sticks I can find, if I can get my adapter working. Which by the way, if anybody has a Microsoft wired xbox 360 controller and would be willing to trade for a black Microsoft wireless Xbox 360 controller with the play & charge battery pack let me know.
    I may not be able to make it next Monday, in case Wayne? I think is his name, was bringing a Wii for TvC. I am hoping to grab a copy of Super Smash Brawl and installing Project M before I next come to Monday Night MetaGames Meltdown Madness, mwahahaha.
    I posted this on the Facebook group, but I'll post it here, too. The wife and kids are out of town on Friday night. Anyone want to come over and play Street Fighter?
  • King Takes PawnKing Takes Pawn Joined: Posts: 345
    Anyone on Steamworks SSF4AE yet? Tried it and it's laggy as all heck. Downloading a patch now.
    rumblemcskirmish on steam if this thread still lives....
  • HezronHezron Joined: Posts: 30
    Hey Springfielders. I'm hailing from the Joplin area, was just wondering do you guys still have weeklies?
    edited July 2014
  • MarkusMarkus Squirrel Enthusiast. Joined: Posts: 121
    Since this thread has been sitting for a month, and new people may have dropped by, just to let you know we do still live. And I guess I'll post an updated list of Games we have on hand (off the top of my head).

-Ultra Street Fighter 4
    -BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma
    -Under Night In-Birth JP Only atm
    -Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    -The King of Fighters XIII
    -Persona 4 Arena (Going to change to Ultimax ASAP)
    -Street Fighter X Tekken (I'm positive someone still has it)
    -Arcana Heart 3 (I think I'm the only one with a copy right now)

And I'm sure I'm missing some, since I know we do have some 3D Fighting games around too, I just can't remember which ones.
    TG: the thing with time travel is
    TG: you cant overthink it
    TG: just roll with it and see what happens
    TG: and above all try not to do anything retarded
    I have Soul Calibur V. I'd be willing to pick up Tekken Tag Tournament 2 or smash bros brawl if anyone is interested in playing those. Prolly will end up getting them eventually anyways.
  • pj_lebehnpj_lebehn Joined: Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Yo, I hope this is still alive. From the Joplin area and just so happened to stumble into this. Please tell me y'all still breathing and doing weekly's.

PS what games y'all playing?
  • Professor_DavisProfessor_Davis Joined: Posts: 3
    Are people still meeting up for Mondays? Tonight?
  • Latino_LinkLatino_Link Joined: Posts: 145
    edited February 2015
    A2QPUy4.png

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
    The Spring Showdown will take place on Saturday April 11th, 2015 in downtown Des Moines, Iowa.
    Holiday Inn Downtown Des Moines - 1050 6th Ave, Des Moines, Iowa 50314

REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT NOW!
    ---> http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---

The official registration page is live! You have over a month to register! There will only be a VERY limited late registration at the event. 99% of people should register through the payitsquare form. There is a special $5 venue fee for early bird signup until March 28th. IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP FOR THIS EVENT USING THE LINK BELOW YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A SPOT IN THIS TOURNAMENT.

---> http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---
  • Professor_DavisProfessor_Davis Joined: Posts: 3
    Is anyone meeting tonight? If I brought a Marvel setup, would anyone be interested?
  • Hottracer88Hottracer88 PS4 Gamer Joined: Posts: 3
    hey whats up im hottracer88 on ps4 anyone still around here from missouri trying find the local scene for fighting games i got MKX and been grinding hard on it
    Whelp, I may not be entirely sober, but somehow I just won three straight on the Steam. OH YEAH! I'M THE MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE! SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!
    edited April 2016
    This form hasn't been updated in awhile. Just letting people know who see this post.

1. Yes, we still are playing.
    2. Games seem to just be street fighter for now but we are always open for more.
    3. We usually show up at meta games at 6:30pm on Mondays nights

Also, our Facebook page has more activity.
    Check it out! https://www.facebook.com/groups/227462520920762/

We've also moved on to a different form in SRK

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/209249/fighting-game-community-of-the-ozarks-hub-city-springfield-mo?new=1
    Post edited by Peppermex on