CSULB 49ers!!! SSF4, MVC3, all other fighting game related businesses

andyocrandyocr J.Mp --->teleportJoined: Posts: 610
So spring semester is starting next week and I will probably be in the Game room
If you are on campus feel free to post here
Maybe we can get some games in

I'm also looking for active players for the Rival Schools Event
only qualification for the team is that you must be a student

That is all :woot:

Comments

• BearAkumaBearAkuma Joined: Posts: 64
    Hey Andy, it's Charles, the bad adon player lol. I'm always watching people play ssf4 in the sticks lounge too. If anyone is up to play on Tuesday/Thursdays from 10am-2pm, hit me up on AIM: happycaper035.
  • GoBot GabeGoBot Gabe Joined: Posts: 108
    I just moved to Long Beach from the Bay Area. I'm gonna check it out!
    My UMvC3 team: TRY THIS TRY THIS YA LIKE THAT TRY THIS EAT THIS YA LIKE THAT EAT THIS EYEEEE OF AGAMOTTO
  • SanchezSanchez Needs More Powerbomb Joined: Posts: 3,156
    Do they still have 3S?
    Passion and Gradualness.
    Do they still have 3S?

Nope, the game room got flooded a while ago and since then, it has been replaced with a console arcade room with lcds mounted on the walls.
  • BeefJerkinsBeefJerkins Babyshoe Joined: Posts: 10
    How receptive are you guy to non-student players? I live a block or two from campus and I'm eager to level up my offline game.
    Do you guys typically have sessions during the day? Night?
    How receptive are you guy to non-student players? I live a block or two from campus and I'm eager to level up my offline game.
    Do you guys typically have sessions during the day? Night?

As long as you're the one to come up to us and ask to play, we will let you join in. We don't have many players at school, so it gets awkward if we invite people to play who just sit and stare. Of the people who actually play, there are only a handful of people decent at ssf4, and Andy is by far the best imo.

As for the time of sessions, it's totally random. Whenever our lunch hours seem to connect really. The price is kinda steep ($5 per hour) though it can be cheaper if everyone chips in. I typically hang around the sticks lounge from 10am-2pm Tuesdays/Thursdays, so if you're fine with the monetary stuff, feel free to come play. :]
  • andyocrandyocr J.Mp --->teleport Joined: Posts: 610
    Bumping it

Any1 and every1 is welcome
    I am still looking for people that want to participate in the rival schools event
    Current student or alumni is fine
  • BeefJerkinsBeefJerkins Babyshoe Joined: Posts: 10
    Thanks for the response guys. It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it if the meetups take place during my work hours. If you guys happen to be doing something on campus during the weekend, I would still be interested.
    Thanks for the response guys. It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it if the meetups take place during my work hours. If you guys happen to be doing something on campus during the weekend, I would still be interested.

Um, we could try to set something up if you're really itching to play offline. Honestly, I have been an online warrior so long that it has made me learn bad tactics, so i'm trying to return to the offline world. Try pming AndyOCR, the more the better!
  • ixismiffyixiixismiffyixi -SW SMITH- Joined: Posts: 258
    Post up the days when you guys are there, unless T/Th are the only times. I'll try swing by and I miss 3s.

Are you guys playing on the PS3 or X360 version?
    PROGRESSIVE TRANCE|HOUSE|BREAKS

MATTHEW ZOHAR - ELECTRIC DAISY CARNIVAL CHICAGO 2013 MIXSET
    Post up the days when you guys are there, unless T/Th are the only times. I'll try swing by and I miss 3s.

Are you guys playing on the PS3 or X360 version?

Oh no, that's just based off my own schedule.. We can try to play on other days as well (willing to come on a Friday). In fact, tomorrow around 12:45-2pm, we are planning to play if you want to stop by. As for the version of ssf4 we play, I use a ps3 TE, and the person bringing their equips tomorrow has a ps3 SE. It's not exclusive to ps3 providing that we have 360 sticks.

P.S. 3s and the other arcade machines are no longer in the game room due to the arcade distributor's contract ending, and CSULB not renewing to make a console arcade room.
    Sorry I didn't make it around 12-2PM, I was there after 2:40.

I met Mike, ggs. I'll try and see if Will planning on joining y'all for the 5v5.

Let me know when you guys are around and I'll try to swing by again. I have 1 of each arcade-stick for the console so in case...

Sorry I didn't make it around 12-2PM, I was there after 2:40.

I met Mike, ggs. I'll try and see if Will planning on joining y'all for the 5v5.

Let me know when you guys are around and I'll try to swing by again. I have 1 of each arcade-stick for the console so in case...

Nah, don't have to apologize.. I mean we're all in this to have a good time, right? Anyways, I haven't asked anyone to play tomorrow yet, but i'm bringing my TE tomorrow since I have a 4 hour lunch from 10am-2pm. Feel free to come and I will post again if a session does happen tomorrow. I don't know Mike or Will but I will keep an eye out for them if they're playing in the lounge.

P.S. I'm beyond free, don't wanna get your hopes up lol.
    ill be here around noon
    with a TE
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I graduated a few years ago, but I went back to check out the arcade a few months ago and was blown away it was gone! Crazy, but the PC/Console setup actually looked pretty cool. Sadly I work m-f so I can't swing by to visit, but as long as you keep the school going on fighting games I'm happy

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Im going to post the date for the Long Beach State Qualifiers
    So stay tune

Autospots are me and Otachris

3 spots open and itll be round robin

2/3 rounds and 2/3 games

Every game won will be awarded 1 point and every game lost will be penalized -1 point

I will tally up the points at the end and the 3 highest points will be awarded spots

Example

I beat chris 1st game but he beats me 2nd game and 3rd game
    so chris is awarded 1 point for the whole match and i will have -1 point

I beat chris 1st and 2nd game.. I will be awarded +2 points and chris will have -2 points
  • mysticnamjamysticnamja 3S- Alex, SF4- Honda Joined: Posts: 325
    I go to a seminary/Private Christian Grad school so i don't fit anywhere. I wanna try at this.

When's rival schools?
    No God = No reason to live.
    I still haven't dropped by. =( Is anyone there on monday? Also, which Rival Schools? The original?
    My UMvC3 team: TRY THIS TRY THIS YA LIKE THAT TRY THIS EAT THIS YA LIKE THAT EAT THIS EYEEEE OF AGAMOTTO
    I still haven't dropped by. =( Is anyone there on monday? Also, which Rival Schools? The original?

I'm usually out of class by 11-11:30am until 2pm on Mondays due to easy assignments in lab, so it varies for me. Mike, an awesome gouken player if i remember correctly, seems to be there on Mondays too. Anyways, let's set something up if you're interested.
    Bleh, I'm not available until 3. I guess I'll see you guys on tuesday. Also, is anyone bringing Marvel 3? I might be able to bring it on tuesday for the PS3 if I get my copy before school. I'll be there around noon-ish.
    Bleh, I'm not available until 3. I guess I'll see you guys on tuesday. Also, is anyone bringing Marvel 3? I might be able to bring it on tuesday for the PS3 if I get my copy before school. I'll be there around noon-ish.

As far as I know, no one has marvel 3 except Andy probably. If you could bring Marvel 3 tomorrow, that'd be amazing, but I just hope we'd get to play it (developer's contracts for the consoles and such). Does Marvel 3 use criware like ssf4?
    GGs today guys. I'll add you on PSN Charles
  • PiffyPiffy Joined: Posts: 4
    Any news on the Long Beach qualifiers for rival schools or if a team has already formed? The event is coming up next saturday and I'd like to try out!
    This whole time I thought it was for Rival Schools the game, LOL.
    Come with ur joysticks and stuff this thursday around 5

i will run a roundrobin for the last remaining spots
    This isn't good. I actually have a night class that starts at 5pm on Thurs. Is it possible to do it on some other day or maybe at an earlier time instead? Also, how many spots are open? Three?
    GGs today guys. I'll add you on PSN Charles

Ah! I just looked in my message box a few hours ago. Yeah, it was fun on Tuesday. Hopefully, the conversion from super to marvel 3 will run smoothly. Being hyped for this game for so long, I just hope there's some tournament love for it. Too bad it isn't looking good in that respect..
  • anathema728anathema728 Joined: Posts: 53
    what do you guys play on? the mounted tvs? whats the lag on those?
    what do you guys play on? the mounted tvs? whats the lag on those?

From what the other players have noticed, the lag is enough to mess up 1 frame links... Though in my experience on those tvs, they are not laggy enough to be gamebreaking, considering their screen size and my lack of linking.
    reminder
    Qualifiers are at UCI today
    Show up if u want a spot
    im tired of no shows
    reminder
    Show up if u want a spot
    im tired of no shows

Makes me sad to want to go play and not be able to get there. Actually, not having enough dedicated players to consistently form a team looking at the student body pop is pretty sad too. :[
    reminder
    Show up if u want a spot
    im tired of no shows

First time I heard of this. Was this posted elsewhere on the forums?
    LOL
    uhh i dont care anymore
    right now im guaranteeing spots to myself otachris and mike
    theres 2 available
    come to the game room tuesdays and thursdays around noon
    if ur good ill consider u
    no qualifiers
    just me handpicking
    its a dictatorship
    Hey everyone,

Since last Thursday's afternoon session was really fun, two other guys (possibly three) and I are going to play this Thursday (2/24) in the Sticks Lounge again. We will be starting from 3:30pm to when we feel like stopping. As of now, there will be 1 PS3 TE, 1 PS3 SE, and a copy of PS3 marvel 3 to use for tomorrow (super is already there). Bring sticks for 360 if you want some simultaneous action of super and marvel 3. Please try to chip in as a courtesy to other players ($3 to $4 will be fine if you're planning to stay for a while). If you're looking for us in the room, we are probably the guys with TE's and SE's.

Feel free to stop by and test your skills (my pad Amaterasu is pretty goddessly haha). If you need to contact me, my AIM is happycaper035. I might not respond right away, but I do look at messages I get while offline, so leave an email for replys. Anyways, hope to see you there!
  • nf0xnf0x Bionic Brunch Joined: Posts: 248
    Aren't the flats in the game lounge laggy? The 2 or 3 times I visited when super was fresh, it was enough to make me not come back. I'll try and make it tomorrow around 3:30 to meet yall.
    Aren't the flats in the game lounge laggy? The 2 or 3 times I visited when super was fresh, it was enough to make me not come back. I'll try and make it tomorrow around 1:30 to meet yall. My name's Nick. holla

Hey Nick. We try to make do with what we have. My goal with these meetups is to awaken our sleeping fgc (rip arcade game room) at our school. I just really enjoy playing fighting games and talking about it. Not only to my benefit, but also it is to make it convenient for those who want to level up, but can't really head to the arcades and other events.

Moving on, 1:30pm is fine to play with the guys down there. I can't make it down there at that time because I gotta study for a midterm, but have fun! Hope I see you there by the time I get out.
    Sounds good. If you and your buddies are chill, I'm down to meet up at someones place sometime to get some casuals in off campus. Just a heads up. See you tomorrow.
    GG's Raphael, Andy, and everybody else whose names I forgot. Lots of good games. Andy, I definitely can't make it on Saturday, sorry. Have a great weekend and gl at Rival Schools.

-Nick
    I'm down with off-campus sessions. We just have to find a place haha.
    Guys is anyone going to the Focus Documentary Screening tomorrow? If anyone is planning to go (and has room in their car), I'd gladly chip in for gas to go.

New edit: So how did our school do at Rival Schools? Last time I was watching the stream we were still undefeated.
    Black and Yellow
    Black and Yellow

I guess that colorful message (and terrible song lyric) says everything I needed to know. Pittsburgh U won.

Anyways.... I have a little spare time tomorrow from 11am-2pm, so i'm bringing my TE if anyone is interested in playing some super, or mvc3.
    Grats on the win. I missed the stream; how did the tournament run?
    Hey 49ers,

Therapeutic Thursdays (3/3) are happening again in the Sticks Lounge. Bring sticks, super or marvel, and yourself to relieve that frustration from midterms week on wakeup ultras, level 3 x-factor sentinel, and whatnot.

As always everyone is welcome to join (and encouraged to play), but please do try to chip in to make the costs low for everyone. The sessions can start as early as 10am-2pm for me, but most likely it will start at noon when people are out for lunch. There will also be an afternoon session starting at 3:30pm with a couple regular people if you are too busy during the noontime.
    Therapeutic Thursdays, ha
    Word. I'll see you all there Thursday. Would there be any reason for me to bring a 360 TE?
    Word. I'll see you all there Thursday. Would there be any reason for me to bring a 360 TE?

That's fine if Andy comes to play with his dual mod TE.. Apparently he's been busy lately and the most of the guys use ps3 versions of games and sticks.

Make-shift session today after 3. Rap, Gabe, and I are warming up for wed night fights. I got a question though, do we have to sign up for casual play? If so, how is it done?
    GG's to all this Thursday. I should stop trying to get back into super and instead fully embrace Marvel & Capcom vs Sentinel 3.
  • angelapicklesangelapickles Joined: Posts: 12
    Charity gaming event for JAPAN!! Check it out :)

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186269718083072
    Good stuff to "I AM FREE" aka "Rap" making that top 8 Wednesday Nights Fight!!!
    I'll see you guys in 12 hours from now at the lounge for MvC3 mainly.
    Next Wednesday, WNF
    Next Thursday, Japanese BBQ