CSULB 49ers!!! SSF4, MVC3, all other fighting game related businesses

Comments

• GoBot GabeGoBot Gabe Joined: Posts: 108
    Time to start training for Japanese BBQ.
    My UMvC3 team: TRY THIS TRY THIS YA LIKE THAT TRY THIS EAT THIS YA LIKE THAT EAT THIS EYEEEE OF AGAMOTTO
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just curious, if I come by on a day to play there, is there anything restricting me from coming? I see the lounge is just open to walk in, when I was there on Saturday, but not sure what sort of restrictions is. I'm alumni and I have an old ID, not sure if they card people or what not.

And does anybody come down on the weekend to get games in? I'm guessing it's just a weekday thing like it always has been here, but that room seems like a good place for a session on weekends and I'm wondering if it gets used.

And does anybody know anything about this? http://www.beachcon.org/register.php

seems to be some sort of gaming expo held at CSULB? I signed up and fuck it Im taking a Console setup

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • nzgcnzgc Joined: Posts: 260
    Hey guys there's a tournament every other week on sat at CSULB for mvc3, bbcs, ssf4, etc.

http://shoryuken.com/f7/2gg-tatsumaki-iv-3-26-11-csulb-long-beach-ca-mvc3-ssfiv-bbcs-melee-230221/#post8610129

We been hosting these for a while and I hope more CSULB players attend. Last one we had 150 people and it was legit.

Hope to see u guys there
  • BearAkumaBearAkuma Joined: Posts: 64
    Just curious, if I come by on a day to play there, is there anything restricting me from coming? I see the lounge is just open to walk in, when I was there on Saturday, but not sure what sort of restrictions is. I'm alumni and I have an old ID, not sure if they card people or what not.

And does anybody come down on the weekend to get games in? I'm guessing it's just a weekday thing like it always has been here, but that room seems like a good place for a session on weekends and I'm wondering if it gets used.

And does anybody know anything about this? Beachcon 2011

seems to be some sort of gaming expo held at CSULB? I signed up and fuck it Im taking a Console setup

I think it's open for anyone with a csulb school id to play (they hold the id when you rent a console booth). No one at school really wants to come on the weekends, but we've all been coming in good numbers on Thursday till 7pm.

As for the beachcon thing, this is the first time i'm hearing about it, it seems like something i'd be into, so i'll see you there!
    Hey guys there's a tournament every other week on sat at CSULB for mvc3, bbcs, ssf4, etc.

http://shoryuken.com/f7/2gg-tatsumaki-iv-3-26-11-csulb-long-beach-ca-mvc3-ssfiv-bbcs-melee-230221/#post8610129

We been hosting these for a while and I hope more CSULB players attend. Last one we had 150 people and it was legit.

Hope to see u guys there

Hey Champ, I was wondering which saturday these "every other week tournaments" start on, but i've been to the last battle frontier which was great. I'll definitely be up for this next saturday since my ps3 stick will prove useful for mvc3 this time around.
  • jtrgmrjtrgmr Joined: Posts: 472
    Depending on work, i'll try to make it to this one.
    Don't mind me, I'm just here.
    Working on UMvC3 tricks!
    Always willing to play puzzle games!
    Hey Bear

the first one is 3/26, then 4/9, then 4/23, and so forth. I really want to leave fliers in the game room and stuff but apparently it's "illegal" and I would get in trouble for it.

Kinda wack =/
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think it's open for anyone with a csulb school id to play (they hold the id when you rent a console booth). No one at school really wants to come on the weekends, but we've all been coming in good numbers on Thursday till 7pm.

As for the beachcon thing, this is the first time i'm hearing about it, it seems like something i'd be into, so i'll see you there!.

So then if somebody rents a booth, nobody else really needs anything but then to show up? I guess my old id should work if anything haha

e$ports
    oh also. If u guys are willing to provide your own equipment, I can technically get a "club meeting" during the time u guys want and you can use the room without being disturb.

Just an offer to u guys. I wanna help u guys out since the club is for esports haha

@ pimp - u don't need to be a student to use the lounge. Anybody can use it the last time I asked.
    So then if somebody rents a booth, nobody else really needs anything but then to show up? I guess my old id should work if anything haha

Exactly. As long as everyone chips in (we've had a few who took advantaged of our generosity), then we all can have a good time.
    Depending on work, i'll try to make it to this one.
    New face? I'm happy to see new posters. Hopefully, you're a student so you can come often . :)
    oh also. If u guys are willing to provide your own equipment, I can technically get a "club meeting" during the time u guys want and you can use the room without being disturb.

Just an offer to u guys. I wanna help u guys out since the club is for esports haha.

@nzgc(Champ) that sounds great! it'll save us the cash.. we've been spending 15+ at the sticks lounge on theraputic thursdays. :/
    yeah man. When do u guys meet up? I would love to meet up and play with u guys and stuff too. I just have the unfortunate semester of having classes from 5-10pm mon - thurs =(
    yeah man. When do u guys meet up? I would love to meet up and play with u guys and stuff too. I just have the unfortunate semester of having classes from 5-10pm mon - thurs =(

There are people playing on Tuesdays to Thursdays from 12-2pm with arcade sticks. On Thursdays, we generally play past 2pm until we get tired (about 4pm last Thursday).
  • andyocrandyocr J.Mp --->teleport Joined: Posts: 610
    E-Sports Club Meeting!
    E-Sports Club Meeting!

haha the battle frontier is an esports club. I just haven't been able to spread the words (due to being busy but mostly laziness)

If you guys have a certain time u want to have a meeting, I can make it official and get us a room. With that room, people can bring tv & system and just play in there till our meeting time is over.

I have a 360 to let people use but need a portable tv. Then we're good. Maybe I'll buy the evo monitor for us to use since I can sue it for tourney too.

also Andyocr, I think u should change the thread title to something like "CSULB sessions and tournaments" thing. Then on the 1st post, have info about when people meet up weekly and the biweekly tournament on saturday! I know there's a lot of hidden players in csulb, they just don't know that esports exist yet.
    Good Games Today
    Quit pushing buttons charles!
    Good Games Today
    Quit pushing buttons charles!

I need a 12-step to kick the habit. :[
    do any of u guys want to do commentary? We're going to have a stream and it be cool if we have like a staple csulb commentator for the event
    Who's free? Obviously not Iamfree!

:]
    shout outs to raph for playing thor
    Might stop by the tournament tomorrow, but I'll be with my son so I won't be able to actually play. I have to make sure to keep an eye on him because he'll try to steal everyones joysticks and play himself

e$ports
  • ixismiffyixiixismiffyixi -SW SMITH- Joined: Posts: 258
    GGs guys, Thrustmaster and the South American guy to good!!!

After Spring break, KBBQ.
    PROGRESSIVE TRANCE|HOUSE|BREAKS

MATTHEW ZOHAR - ELECTRIC DAISY CARNIVAL CHICAGO 2013 MIXSET
  • noSkillznoSkillz Grand Master of Hentai and Tentacles Joined: Posts: 122
    So me and Robert for commentary tomorrow? I'll try my new teams out
    I don't even know who to play anymore
    UMvC3: Spencer/Doom/Frank
    thanks for coming all. Imma try to hit the thursday session when we come back from spring break.

Thanks for the commentary too
  • retrox05retrox05 Joined: Posts: 60
    Might stop by the tournament tomorrow, but I'll be with my son so I won't be able to actually play. I have to make sure to keep an eye on him because he'll try to steal everyones joysticks and play himself

Haha steve, I havent heard or seen you in ages. Didn't know you were still keeping up with SF/Mvc3!
    I finally saw the archived footage of the tournament. Good job commentating, Raph and Robert haha
    My UMvC3 team: TRY THIS TRY THIS YA LIKE THAT TRY THIS EAT THIS YA LIKE THAT EAT THIS EYEEEE OF AGAMOTTO
  • nf0xnf0x Bionic Brunch Joined: Posts: 248
    Damn, reading all the updates makes me extra sad I missed last Thursday's session. I'm visiting my friend for spring break, but I'm planning on showing up and staying at Thursday sessions starting next week. Are there any other days during the week that people would like to meet up on campus? I'd be down for Monday or Wednesday casuals too.

I'm also planning on going to this 4/9 on campus tournament.

http://shoryuken.com/f7/4-9-11-2gg-smackdown-1-2-csulb-long-beach-ca-mvc3-ssf4-melee-230221/#post8610129

I live 10 minutes away from campus, so if anyone else plans on attending and wants some matches earlier in the week or a pre-tourny Friday night, hit me up and we can get some shit going at my place.

Rap, your Task is so clutch. We need to get some casual sets in asap.

Hope everyone's spring break has been dope.

-Nick
    (Spencer, Task, Haggar person)
    lol dude yeah pretty much. I need to start working on my other characters now haha
    Damnit Nick, I don't know if I wanna enter this Saturday. Hopefully majority of us do enter and I might just bring my setup for the venue.

Eddy mentioned casuals at his place Wednesday and now you mention your place too haha.

Hit us up this Thursday though.

Rap - "You?re about to deal with forces you can?t possibly comprehend."
    Also, reteach me Magneto wavedash H combo again. I can only do 2-3. :(

Rap - "You?re about to deal with forces you can?t possibly comprehend."

Do I hear a MM about to start? :D
    Dude I'll teach you, but I just came up with an anti-Pheonix team.... good luck trying to beat it! Muahahaha!!
    im gonna mash lariat assist & snapback at the same time until that bitch comes in
    when r u guys gonna be there on thurs? I don't have any test till next wed so Imma try to drop by
    someone's usually there around 12:30 or so and people come and go because of classes. we usually stay there for a few hours so there's a long gap for you to drop by and play
  • illcontestedillcontested Black0ut Joined: Posts: 105
    Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong spot because it's not CSULB related, but it's a spot in long beach, so I figure I should put it here.

My friend recently opened up a gaming store, and he wants to start holding mvc3 tournaments pretty regularly and needs participants.

If you guys are interested, please check out this thread: http://shoryuken.com/f7/p-lay-cards-games-weekly-mvc3-tourney-long-beach-california-every-fri-sun-270392/
    Marvel 3 blog (+ other random gaming goodness eventually): Ahblack0ut.tumblr.com (zero instead of o)
    Gamer handle: Black0ut
    Main team: Chris/Taskmaster/Wesker
    I'm back from the bay area! What did I miss?
    Can't Nobody Hold Us Down, Can't Nobody Stop Us Now...

"She can't control it."

I'll see you guys at tomorrow sessions.

Let's get that E-Sport club rolling out soon.

Just a reminder about Beachcon.org, it's saturday from 7-2am, seems to be completely free, and I'm gonna make sure theres some Marvel setups going. The organizers said if theres enough interest in MvC3 they'll give prizes out and host a tournament

e$ports
    Just a reminder about Beachcon.org, it's saturday from 7-2am, seems to be completely free, and I'm gonna make sure theres some Marvel setups going. The organizers said if theres enough interest in MvC3 they'll give prizes out and host a tournament

Wow beachcon seems to go on pretty late, and conveniently right after the 2gg tournament also. Will have to check if out for sure if there are prizes involved.
    2morrw is a csulb game day i guess haha
    dude i got home last night, tried turning on my ps3 and it just would not work.... i have such bad luck with them... -_-'
    dude i got home last night, tried turning on my ps3 and it just would not work.... i have such bad luck with them... -_-'

Is it past the 30 day return policy yet?
    yeah for the store. i have to send it for the playstation service thing
    I was at beachcon until 3 am playing Marvel and SC2 : ) was fun

e$ports
    our biweekly is shaping up well. Hope it becomes established! Also, I'm going to talk to the ASI people 2morrow about the room on thurs. Wish me luck
    good luck!!! the sooner we get the room, the less we have to spend each week XD
    Wessssskerrrrr
  • DeismDeism Overman Joined: Posts: 31
    tournaments at csulb?
    What is the ape to man? A laughing-stock, a thing of shame. And just the same shall man be to the Overman: a laughing-stock, a thing of shame.
    tournaments at csulb?

Yep. Every other week all the way to 2012! Next one is on 4/23

http://shoryuken.com/f7/4-23-11-2gg-smackdown-1-3-csulb-long-beach-ca-mvc3-ssf4-mk9-brawl-230221/

anyways, bad news guys. All the room on 3rd floor are already used on thurs 2-6 or 3-6 or 2-5pm. They said I can get the room on second floor but have to be an event isntead of a meeting so I'm going to try to make that happen. It would be in room 202 btw.
    Fun times at RFC. Urien on Urien action...

Gabe: The video you asked for. McD's tray-slide gone wrong. Read Info 1st haha.

Charles: MAE MV, if you like their stuff, just message me if you want their album.

Rap: Shut up!

Andy: Yes, I need to be AGGRESSIVE, still searching for that team...

Angela: Who do you think gonna shed tears for Jihyun on 49 Days? Go 49'ers....

Champ: Thanks for giving us a reply back. We'll figure something out.

Anyways, EDC 2011 won't happen in LA :(. It's being held at Las Vegas in June instead. I guess because of politicians didn't want any overcrowded people and drugs. The only next event that's coming up is Nocturnal in September 23/24. Plus there's Monster Massive every Halloween but that place gets super pack.

Next week: 3s on a laptop, no more spending $ on MvC3.

Sorry for the post but another one of my

#100!!! do i win something?
    You get the 100th post star.