CSULB 49ers!!! SSF4, MVC3, all other fighting game related businesses

12346»

Comments

• noSkillznoSkillz Grand Master of Hentai and Tentacles Joined: Posts: 122
    Yeah, so I am guessing everyone wants to play this Wed/Thurs? Me and Charles usually meet up around 2-3 on Wed. and an hour or so later on Thurs. if anyone's interested. If we're gonna play at the lounge for scramble mode, remember that they have the new ps3's, so we can't hook up more than two sticks (assuming other people bring theirs)
    I don't even know who to play anymore
    UMvC3: Spencer/Doom/Frank
  • ixismiffyixiixismiffyixi -SW SMITH- Joined: Posts: 258
    I'm gonna swing by on Wednesday afternoon probably around 4:30- 6PM because I gotta hit up my SW alumni event that day. I hope to see you guys there and play with the best.
    PROGRESSIVE TRANCE|HOUSE|BREAKS

MATTHEW ZOHAR - ELECTRIC DAISY CARNIVAL CHICAGO 2013 MIXSET
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,710
    Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that I'll be holding a SFxT casuals session over at Alex's Arcade on Thursday night, starting at 7pm. It's about a 15 minute drive from CSULB.

Alex's Arcade
    626 S. Harbor Blvd.
    Santa Ana, CA 92704

We'll be having them on 2 PS3 setups, pads and sticks will be provided, as well as one H2H arcade cabinet setup. Additional setups may show up.

We'll be charging $3/hour, or $7 flat rate to play the entire night. If you guys show up in a group of 4 or more, I'll give you guys a discount of $2/hour, or $5 flat rate.

I'm also planning on holding future tournaments and casual sessions at Alex's, for a variety of games including: UMVC3, SF4:AE2012, SFxT, SFxT 2v2 Scramble Mode, ST, MVC2, and KOF13.

I'll keep you guys posted if you're interested.
  • BearAkumaBearAkuma Joined: Posts: 64
    Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that I'll be holding a SFxT casuals session over at Alex's Arcade on Thursday night, starting at 7pm. It's about a 15 minute drive from CSULB.

Alex's Arcade
    626 S. Harbor Blvd.
    Santa Ana, CA 92704

We'll be having them on 2 PS3 setups, pads and sticks will be provided, as well as one H2H arcade cabinet setup. Additional setups may show up.

We'll be charging $3/hour, or $7 flat rate to play the entire night. If you guys show up in a group of 4 or more, I'll give you guys a discount of $2/hour, or $5 flat rate.

I'm also planning on holding future tournaments and casual sessions at Alex's, for a variety of games including: UMVC3, SF4:AE2012, SFxT, SFxT 2v2 Scramble Mode, ST, MVC2, and KOF13.

I'll keep you guys posted if you're interested.

sounds good! unfortunately, im on foot so 15 min turns into an hour or two.. if the guys over here feel like going, then youll see us there for sure.

anyways, hope sfxt gets a nice turnout over at alex's arcade.
    sounds good! unfortunately, im on foot so 15 min turns into an hour or two.. if the guys over here feel like going, then youll see us there for sure.

anyways, hope sfxt gets a nice turnout over at alex's arcade.

Thanks bro. Hopefully we'll see some of you Long Beach guys showing up to represent in Marvel and SFxT. I think we only had one player from LB at last Saturday's tournament, but he lost to the OCC guys.
    Thanks bro. Hopefully we'll see some of you Long Beach guys showing up to represent in Marvel and SFxT. I think we only had one player from LB at last Saturday's tournament, but he lost to the OCC guys.

yeah.. were not too familiar with those outside of our school.. even in
    lb. the only guys going to tourneys regularly are airtola and ponce.. and former csulb like andy. we dont even have 2gg anymore, so we're dying for some casuals.. :(
    yeah.. were not too familiar with those outside of our school.. even in
    lb. the only guys going to tourneys regularly are airtola and ponce.. and former csulb like andy. we dont even have 2gg anymore, so we're dying for some casuals.. :(

I think 2gg moved his operation out to Gameplay, don't quote me on this though.

Well, if you guys don't mind travelling down the 22 freeway to get to us, we'd love to have you guys. From what I saw at the last 2gg event, you guys are pretty good at Marvel, and I think it'd be awesome if you guys tried out our casual sessions and/or tournaments to sort of test how good you guys are compared to other arcades.

If you guys want, I can also set up some casual sessions for you guys to play UMVC3 at Alex's arcade for a flat rate. Maybe have a tournament for you guys for fun? Let me know if you guys are interested.
    I think 2gg moved his operation out to Gameplay, don't quote me on this though.

Well, if you guys don't mind travelling down the 22 freeway to get to us, we'd love to have you guys. From what I saw at the last 2gg event, you guys are pretty good at Marvel, and I think it'd be awesome if you guys tried out our casual sessions and/or tournaments to sort of test how good you guys are compared to other arcades.

If you guys want, I can also set up some casual sessions for you guys to play UMVC3 at Alex's arcade for a flat rate. Maybe have a tournament for you guys for fun? Let me know if you guys are interested.

Good stuff dude, I haven't gone to AA in a while. I am pretty interested (I don't know about the rest of the guys though). Most of us are done with classes by Thursday so I'll try to get some people to head over. Gonna do a lot of playing this week, then maybe catch up on school work lol
    Good stuff dude, I haven't gone to AA in a while. I am pretty interested (I don't know about the rest of the guys though). Most of us are done with classes by Thursday so I'll try to get some people to head over. Gonna do a lot of playing this week, then maybe catch up on school work lol

Sounds good. Yeah, I have the same problem as the rest of you. It's pretty hard trying to balance school, work, arcade stuff, and personal life together. Like the old saying goes, "Real life gets in the way of Street Fighter", lol.

I'll be at Alex's at 6:30pm to help set-up the stations and get everything prepared, hopefully yohanan drops by early with his setups, to get the show started at 7pm. Yohanan just recently won our Marvel tournament last Saturday, so if you want to test your might to see how well you'd do in the tourney, there's no better benchmark.
  • GoBot GabeGoBot Gabe Joined: Posts: 108
    I get out of class at 6 if you guys want to head out to AA. I'm still super bad at SFxT and I haven't played Marvel in a minute though... hahah
    My UMvC3 team: TRY THIS TRY THIS YA LIKE THAT TRY THIS EAT THIS YA LIKE THAT EAT THIS EYEEEE OF AGAMOTTO
    today is the day!

1stick confirmed for sticks lounge... need up to 3 more by 1:15pm. post if you can come and/or bring stuff~
    I get out of class at 6 if you guys want to head out to AA. I'm still super bad at SFxT and I haven't played Marvel in a minute though... hahah

Everybody is bad at SFxT. Plus the majority of guys at AA have barely even touched the game other than at last Saturday for a few hours. It'll be a good chance for all of us to grind it out and see what the game is all about.

That and just pick the abusive characters in the game, lol. I know I'm definitely rolling with Rolento, since he's got everything you want in a character.
  • GoBot GabeGoBot Gabe Joined: Posts: 108
    The day I didn't have class at 2, nobody comes to the lounge. =(
    My UMvC3 team: TRY THIS TRY THIS YA LIKE THAT TRY THIS EAT THIS YA LIKE THAT EAT THIS EYEEEE OF AGAMOTTO
    Hey guys. I'm holding another tournament for a variety of games, including UMVC3 and SFxT. Check out the link below for additional information, and read the newest post.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/mar-24-2012-revival-entertainment-presents-saturday-showdown-santa-ana-ca.155338/
    hey guys,

just wondering if anyone's interested in buying a vita.. my bro is selling his wifi vita (with all the packaging) including umvc3 and 8gb memory for 190 or offer.

let me know if you're interested.

Edit: he's now selling it for 150 with the game and memory.
  • nzgcnzgc Joined: Posts: 259
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?events/snm-street-fighter-x-tekken-umvc3-tournament-gameplay.6688/

This is our next event on 4/7. UMVC3 & SFXT.

We usually get good amount of people and this time we'll be doing a giveaway on Anime Expo 2012 pass. Yusef will also be streaming the event so it should be fun!
    Hey guys...

Free sticks lounge on Wednesday?? Let's do thisss
    I am down, but are we gonna play? I am bored with Sfxt... Marvel? lolol Kof?
    i cant make it today, got to do a birthday thing.. x|

But hey, I got a pretty light day tomorrow, let's play some marvel then..
    Yo guys come this Thursday. I'll bring KOF and I am not gonna go to my last class since it's all presentations (and I just did mine last week).
  • Mindless02Mindless02 Joined: Posts: 3
    anyone interested in playing UMvC3 thursday after 5 at the usu?
    anyone interested in playing UMvC3 thursday after 5 at the usu?

Rap and I stay pretty long on Thursdays, but 5 is kinda rough since I bus home.. But let us know if you're around, we usually play some fighting games on Thursday anyway.
    Hey guys, just letting you know what tournaments I've got going on this week over at Alex's Arcade in Santa, Ana. First up, we got our weekly tournaments for both SF4 and UMVC3. We'll also be having casuals for Skull Girls, so feel free to drop on by.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/may-3-2012-revival-entertainment-presents-thursday-throwdown-santa-ana-ca.158962/

We've also got a tournament for UMVC3, MVC2, and ST, coming up this Saturday, May 5th. Discounted food and drinks will be available in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, as well as a stream for UMVC3.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/may-5-2012-revival-entertainment-presents-saturday-showdown-santa-ana-ca.155338/

Hope to see some of you guys there!
    Rap and I stay pretty long on Thursdays, but 5 is kinda rough since I bus home.. But let us know if you're around, we usually play some fighting games on Thursday anyway.
    well i have class until 4:45. ima drop by the game lounge after class and see if anyone is around and wants to play.
    Yo guys come on Wed/Thursday. It's gonna be last time we get to play before finals.
  • nzgcnzgc Joined: Posts: 259
    EVO anyone?
    Now that everyone's settled in their new schedules, let's talk sessions.

Veterans of CSULB and unknown watchers of this thread... we're gonna play Thursday afternoons in the Student Union. Feel free to come by and play if you've got time. New faces welcome. I'm tired of being in the top 3.
  • aaaaaaaaaa Joined: Posts: 1
    What time what game what console
  • SuidAfrikaMitsuSuidAfrikaMitsu Joined: Posts: 10
    Anybody wanna buy a brand new Hitbox arcade stick from me? I have one and never use it. So I'm selling for $125.00. I got it brand new for $159 + $20 for shipping, paid $179 for it. So It's $50 reduced. call me if you're interested, and we can meet up some place and trade. 951-710-7141
  • PejmonPejmon Joined: Posts: 5
    So are people still playing on Thursdays? I'm out of class at 2.
  • PhazonPhazon Joined: Posts: 1
    Does anyone still play? what time and what games?
  • dancingfighterdancingfighter twitch.tv/DancingFighter Joined: Posts: 1
    What is up everyone~!!

This is my first time posting here and would like to send out an invite to those interested in all things FGC to join us for a club we decided to make official at CSULB during the Fall semester 2013,

We're called the "Salt Miners" and we JUST had our first meeting last week. We welcome everyone including alumni~!!

We just started but I would love to see some more people in this new thing we started, we usually have a set up ready to go every wednesday so if you can't make it out to WNF or want to have a place to be before WNF, we hope you consider us~!!

Here is a link to our group page and just come in and say hello~!!
    I feel like getting back into Umvc3. I havent played it in a couple of months but i believe I'm still pretty good haha. Anyone wanna meet up at the USU on thursdays past 5?
  • shellheadshellhead Joined: Posts: 3
    massive bump.

Just transferred to csulb. Does anyone play fighting games?
    I know it's already posted, but the salt miners are a good group on campus. https://m.facebook.com/CSULBSaltMiners.
    They came after i graduated, but I've played with them once. From what I remember they meet on Wednesdays and try to play a lot of different games.
    Pejmon wrote: »
    I know it's already posted, but the salt miners are a good group on campus. https://m.facebook.com/CSULBSaltMiners.
    They came after i graduated, but I've played with them once. From what I remember they meet on Wednesdays and try to play a lot of different games.

thanks. Seem like they havent updated the page since 2 years ago.
    They have active conversations, I think you have to join their Facebook group to see.
    Pejmon wrote: »
    They have active conversations, I think you have to join their Facebook group to see.

hmm..I dont see any when I joined.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=155224864646287&tsid=0.8426996597554535&source=typeahead

I posted the wrong link, my bad. That should the the link to their public group.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Are people still active on campus? Alumni here, my best SF memories were in that arcade playing for hours at a time. RIP Arcade room.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
12346»