the 209 thread ver. 1.5

Comments

• team_cvfsuteam_cvfsu Joined: Posts: 109
    Every Sunday 2pm-9pm at 100 w main street Merced last week was about 30 people since a group of Fresno guys showed up
  • Geo63Geo63 Gold Member Joined: Posts: 59
    Every Sunday 2pm-9pm at 100 w main street Merced last week was about 30 people since a group of Fresno guys showed up

Nice!... if you guys play Mahvel, I'll be there
    My iron body is invincible! So beware!
    PSN: DG_Infinite
    3 Set ups of marvel last week
    cool, I'll probably come thru this sunday then
  • SchmidtnurfaceSchmidtnurface Safe On Block Joined: Posts: 320
    Okay so the next NDT is up. July 29th and possibly a special event in August during a car show with live music and other goodies.

Calling you out now Moe if you still wanna stream =)
    Dont be "that guy".
  • MaggotSaiMaggotSai Joined: Posts: 65
    For anyone who doesn't know, the arcade in Tracy's West Valley Mall now has Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Super Street Fighter IV AE ( Not sure if 2012 or not), and even Street Fighter X Tekken. Street Fighter X Tekken is $1.00 for 15 minutes of play before the controller disconnects and the Xbox resets, pretty innovative if you ask me. I also saw USB ports on the cabinet so you may be able to use your own controllers on it too.
    Allright all I have two tournaments going within the next month so no excuses lol. Hope to see yall there.
    Dont be "that guy".
  • KorngoKorngo ______ Joined: Posts: 3,620
    For anyone who doesn't know, the arcade in Tracy's West Valley Mall now has Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Super Street Fighter IV AE ( Not sure if 2012 or not), and even Street Fighter X Tekken. Street Fighter X Tekken is $1.00 for 15 minutes of play before the controller disconnects and the Xbox resets, pretty innovative if you ask me. I also saw USB ports on the cabinet so you may be able to use your own controllers on it too.

i seen that yesterday!!! man... street fighter x tekken is hella garbage... y'all can't just throw umvc3 in that cabinet???

there ain't nobody who plays marvel in manteca/tracy, huh??? anybody????
  • MaggotSaiMaggotSai Joined: Posts: 65
    Allright all I have two tournaments going within the next month so no excuses lol. Hope to see yall there.
    Will definitely be there on the 29th not sure about August yet.
  • agcalonicoagcalonico Still Churnin' Butter Joined: Posts: 467
    ill play korngo, but i dont have the game homie
    "Says the honda player because watching a half naked fat guy with face paint who isn't even supporting a hockey team spam a move that lets us simultaneously notice how uneven his butt cheeks are and what color his thong is is sooo much more appealing"
    SSFIVAE: Dudley, Zangief, Guile
  • KoolblaidKoolblaid Frame traps all day Joined: Posts: 30
    Why is it that all of our tourneys are on Sundays? It blows because I'm always busy on Sundays :/. On another note I just got back from SDCC and other stuff there and I have a new found interest in getting better at AE(and I guess Marvel..?)
    Its because the weekend is usally the best time to throw tournaments. Due to people working during the week, going to school, etc. I also post tournaments on SRK at least a month in advance so people can plan for that day and request it off if need be.
    Dont be "that guy".
    Yeah I definitely understand you on that point as I do work all weekdays. I'm just extremely limited on Sundays due to religious views among other things like means to getting to places and such, but that's just me. Has anyone been to the new Gamer's Network I've heard that there are multiple 360 consoles or something in some room and iirc people have had tourneys there at the old one? It would be awesome if this scene really built and became somewhat known like Norcal and Socal are, not that we are as massive. Getting back to my first point for future reference if we can get tourneys on Saturday you can pretty much assume that my friend and I will be trying to make it out there.
    we are plannin another one in merced it will be on a sunday i know sundays arent everyones favorite but thats the only day we have the building each week. everyone who came to our last one knows its a great turnout including koolblaid^ lol he have an even bigger venue with lots of parking than our last one. alot of the valleys players show up.no set date yet waiting to see when fresno is having there next tourney first so there is no conflict between the two and just thought we would still give you guys a heads up. moe, digitalmaiden aka punishere aka eric lmao im still gonna get you on sf4 ae, ipfreely, kid ikarus you guys better come through!!!

moe and ipfreely i changed my number text 559-201-8050
    Woah Woah Woah, that was still on a Saturday when I attended :D. But I definitely understand about how Sundays are the only day that a lot of this can even occur or are the most convenient for the most people.
    Woah Woah Woah, that was still on a Saturday when I attended :D. But I definitely understand about how Sundays are the only day that a lot of this can even occur or are the most convenient for the most people.
    yea i know it was a saturday wish it could still be on saturdays. just saying you were able to make it and what a good turn out it was
  • moe wifimoe wifi Joined: Posts: 332
    sup schmidy so i finally got my HD streaming equipment!!!!!!
    i only have the laptop camera for the commentators atm tho
    also i need to know the venues internet upload speed to determine if i have to stream HD or standard so hit me up
    here is my page guys plz follow http://www.twitch.tv/cvl_209
    also i only have 1 mic atm so if u guys can bring 1 more that would be great
    shit is going down this weekend i will be there early!!!!!
    BURRRRRR
  • moe wifimoe wifi Joined: Posts: 332
    also if u guys wanna stream some sessions hit me up i can only stream standard at my house tho
    BURRRRRR
    Sounds sick dude. I will have to have Nicole do a speed test and get back to me. Meet me there on sunday at like 10ish if you can so we can figure out where you need to set up and what not.

@Koolbaid. The last two NDT's were on saturday I honestly dont know why I chose sunday must of been a fruedian slip. I prefer saturdays too.
    Dont be "that guy".
    Sorry for double post wouldnt let me edit.

I also wanted to let people know that we are starting a Beta for a ranker system. Everything is submitted to a website and you can see were you stand in the rankings. I will link how it works in this post. It seems like it will be pretty cool.

Here is the link if you are interested.
    http://dromstruction.com/arcade-fighters-league-rating-system-begins-july-30th
    Dont be "that guy".
    Yo Gamers etc. is throwing a COD tournament on Saturday if any of you are interested here is the link to the info. http://www.facebook.com/events/232986243489365/
    Dont be "that guy".
    ok heres a teaser flyer for the upcoming tournament still deciding which sunday in august will work best. if no one is going to revelations we might just do it the 18th. we also may add sfxt , scv, or tekken 6 to get ready for tag 2. give me some feedback on what you guys think or wanna do
    if08av.jpg
    Curses! on Sundays yet again, lol
    Curses! on Sundays yet again, lol
    come after church atleast to hang out and play casuals
    ok heres the event hope you guys can make it out i already have people confirmed from sacramento visalia and bakersfield attending
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-19-2012-last-man-standing-tournament-merced-ca.166093/
    LAST MAN STANDING TOURNAMENT RESULTS!
    sf4 ae top8

xsk samurai
    tommy
    javier
    jared
    seabass
    albert
    jacob
    ryan

umvc3 top 8

mine
    xsk samurai
    tommy
    jared
    snort me im dope
    eyoel
    james k
    tasp

p4a top 8

andre
    johnny
    brian r
    wicked decisions
    miller
    phil
    eric
    maracio

scv top 3

snort me im dope
    andre
    aroma

sfxt n/a
    tekken 6 n/a
    No support for SFXT?
    Dont be "that guy".
    NDT STARTS WEEKLIES ON THE FIRST SATURDAY OF SEPTEMBER. 9/1/12. I will link the thread for you lazy bones.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ndt-weeklies-sessions-starting-9-1-12-gamers-etc-stockton-ca.167270/
    Dont be "that guy".
  • ODigitalMaidenOODigitalMaidenO Joined: Posts: 42
    Lol wow didnt know I was being exposed on SRK lol.
    Today its Hip pop not Hip hop. That died years ago. . . Punishere.
    Lol wow didnt know I was being exposed on SRK lol.
    where?
  • PunisherePunishere Joined: Posts: 4
    where?
    Lol who I am. Hella AKA's hahaha.
    Lol who I am. Hella AKA's hahaha.
    lmao eric aka digital maiden aka punishere aka the guy im still gonna beat at sf4 lmao i get you know lmao
  • jfarr01jfarr01 Joined: Posts: 11
    Where are the gatherings in thee 209 im movin back and tryna see how the scene is
  • JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644
    Sessions every Sunday in Merced $3 from 2-9pm and fright fight tournament october 7th address is 100 w main at Merced I'll post the flyer soon
  • LenohLenoh Joined: Posts: 3
    And still nothing in Modesto, lol.

Oh well, it'll be good to drive somewhere and get my fight on. :D
    No one ever really does much around here, although it would be great to have something here Nobody hosts.
  • KevinMaaka92KevinMaaka92 Joined: Posts: 9
    I went to the NDT gathering this saturday in stockton's game ect! With an xbox 360 controller lol Those dudes are sick! Had a blast! Is the Merced sunday sessions still going? I plan on going if there is.

GT: KevinMaaka
    Game of Choice: UMVC 3
    C. Viper/Dante/Vergil
    streaming some tekken if you guys wanna watch or join up http://www.twitch.tv/RandomSausage209
    sorry man session are down till the reloaction of our building is complete i will let you know as soon as sessions are back to sundays
    Just purchased an eightarc Qanba Q4 White + Red from the official site! I hope someone here in the Stockton area would want to hang out so I can graduate from a standard controller in UMVC 3 or other fighting games.
  • JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644
    Just purchased an eightarc Qanba Q4 White + Red from the official site! I hope someone here in the Stockton area would want to hang out so I can graduate from a standard controller in UMVC 3 or other fighting games.

I'm free sometimes on Fridays' depending on how much homework I have. I live in the northern part of Stockton by WalMart and the Stockton Honda place.

I believe Sunny may be having sessions at his place sometime soon which is around the same place I live.
    I'm free sometimes on Fridays' depending on how much homework I have. I live in the northern part of Stockton by WalMart and the Stockton Honda place.

I believe Sunny may be having sessions at his place sometime soon which is around the same place I live.

Dude! Count me in! I live around the UOP area so we're not that far apart! I can deff do fridays since it's my free day from work. I'll PM you so we can make this happen :D

Getting kinda tired of being an online warrior that suffers from occasional lag TT_TT

(P.S. I HAD Fridays off, but now my December schedule has changed X_X)
    Looking forward to Satuday night shenanigans with my fellow fighters ;D

Have you guys considered putting up a flyer about our weeklies? Like on the glass door of the Games ect. building? Or around the Delta college campus? Cause I think we could really get this thing going. Heck... If our group gets big enough It'd be great of we all banded together and carpooled to venues like Sacramento or San Francisco for those big tournaments as a group representing San Joaquin! lol
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,556
    And still nothing in Modesto, lol.

Oh well, it'll be good to drive somewhere and get my fight on. :D
    I can't really host anywhere but I live in Modesto and I'm willing to learn new games. I'm mainly a KOF player but fuck man, I need a scene out there and the fucking job market sucks and can't money to drive out to Stockton.
  • two2tonetwo2tone R U Hmoob? Joined: Posts: 1,359
    Wassup STOCKTON!!! lol
    The more I play SF4, the more I realize how 3S is such a better game SF4 is.
    We need AE play in Modesto, I'm not a big fan of marvel and I'm not very competent but we need something here in Modesto/Riverbank
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,556
    We need AE play in Modesto, I'm not a big fan of marvel and I'm not very competent but we need something here in Modesto/Riverbank
    I'd learn to play AE as much as I am not fond of SFIV just to get something started in Modesto. Do you know any place we could have sessions?
    I can't really host anywhere but I live in Modesto and I'm willing to learn new games. I'm mainly a KOF player but fuck man, I need a scene out there and the fucking job market sucks and can't money to drive out to Stockton.
    I wanna learn KOF, we can play at my house. I'm a Marvel player, but I wanna learn KOF and Tekken. Add me on twitter: DG_Infinite