the 209 thread ver. 1.5

1101112131416»

Comments

• LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,551
    I wanna learn KOF, we can play at my house. I'm a Marvel player, but I wanna learn KOF and Tekken. Add me on twitter: DG_Infinite
    Okay sweet. Just please don't kill or rape or do both to me and you'll learn KOF well. I dunno about Tekken, I'll learn it with you with my already limited experience learning Virtua Fighter.
  • Geo63Geo63 Gold Member Joined: Posts: 59
    Okay sweet. Just please don't kill or rape or do both to me and you'll learn KOF well. I dunno about Tekken, I'll learn it with you with my already limited experience learning Virtua Fighter.
    You're not down for killing or raping? I'm having second thoughts about this...
    My iron body is invincible! So beware!
    PSN: DG_Infinite
  • KoolblaidKoolblaid Frame traps all day Joined: Posts: 30
    And then the AE scene never grew here :P
    You're not down for killing or raping? I'm having second thoughts about this...
    As long as I'm not the recipient I'm good.
    And then the AE scene never grew here :P
    If we can all get a place to get together to play, I'll learn to play AE with you. I'm most probably gonna stick with Dhalsim, Yun, Fei, and Guile to start with as I've already had previous experiences with those characters back in Super before I quit the series.
    Sorry I responded so late I've been working on my Cody Google Doc that I've been making, I don't have a place to host, I was talking to some guys on Eventhubs as well and it'd be nice to get some casuals in here.
  • The USF DonThe USF Don Joined: Posts: 159
    Hello 209,

Does anyone know if there are any tournaments from now till mid January going on? I'm home for the semester and wouldn't mind playing while I'm in Stockton. I play AE exclusively (sorry Marvelheads) but I'd be decent competition :)
    We'll meet again, someday soon.
  • JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644
    I don't know of any tournaments, but there are always weeklies! There's a very small handful of AE players, including myself.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ndt-weeklies-sessions-saturdays-gamers-etc-stockton-ca.167270/
    Happy Holidays guys hopefully something around here happens soon :D
  • KorngoKorngo ______ Joined: Posts: 3,620
    hey, just thought of something... would someone from the 209 be down to make a page on facebook strictly for the 209 fgc on facebook??? that way, in case of anyone wanting to have a random session, you can just post it up on there instead of having to check back here (srk) to find out??? just wondering... looking for anyone down to play marvel from manteca area, but now i guess im willing to play AE as well.
  • DarkguyverDarkguyver Joined: Posts: 16
    Anyone live near Forest Meadows, California looking play KOF can host and if need be can rent space for bigger events latter
    hey, just thought of something... would someone from the 209 be down to make a page on facebook strictly for the 209 fgc on facebook??? that way, in case of anyone wanting to have a random session, you can just post it up on there instead of having to check back here (srk) to find out??? just wondering... looking for anyone down to play marvel from manteca area, but now i guess im willing to play AE as well.
    Add me on twitter @DG_Infinite. If you're willing to make the drive, we can play some Mahvel at my house. I'll invite some friends as well. I sometimes go to Manteca to visit my dad, so either way I'm sure we can play :P
  • team_cvfsuteam_cvfsu Joined: Posts: 109
    here is our group if you would like to join 80+ members at the moment https://www.facebook.com/groups/215082161849420/
  • sef24sef24 Joined: Posts: 8
    Turlock, CA here

My complex has a decent size rentout room that I can use to host a gaming event. Gonna try and see if I can get a good amount of interest in the next couple weeks and host it if enough commit. If worthy, ill host these regularly.

Will be posting these at Stanislaus and Modesto JC in hopes to attract more local attention.
    Join http://www.facebook.com/groups/209fights/ for up to date info.

Ad posting:
    http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5254/209fightsad.png
  • agcalonicoagcalonico Still Churnin' Butter Joined: Posts: 467
    Hey guys long time no see. Who's down to play some AE or marvel around Manteca??? I have a bike so I can get around but I'm free during the day from like 9-5. I have AE on Xbox and a controller. I suck at marvel but I can learn. I don't have a spot to play anymore sadly. Message me I need to get back into it!!
    "Says the honda player because watching a half naked fat guy with face paint who isn't even supporting a hockey team spam a move that lets us simultaneously notice how uneven his butt cheeks are and what color his thong is is sooo much more appealing"
    SSFIVAE: Dudley, Zangief, Guile
    Moe and korngo you guys still here in Manteca?? What's good lets play!!!! 2096882137 just text me I just moved back from Portland
    "Says the honda player because watching a half naked fat guy with face paint who isn't even supporting a hockey team spam a move that lets us simultaneously notice how uneven his butt cheeks are and what color his thong is is sooo much more appealing"
    Damn the. 209 is dead again or what??
  • Akuma FORCEAkuma FORCE Join the Darkside Joined: Posts: 89
    Where's all my Modesto Peeps at??? PM ME!
    Let me know where you'll play at?
    I got us place to play in Modesto & because I want as many people as possible to show up, I want to know:

What day's are best for u guys?
    what time?
    can you bring a set up and games?
    do you want casuals or tournament to kick things off?

Lets try and get the Modesto FGC going guys...
    he are hitting up that session/tourney in turlock this weekend we are also streaming alot lately the main games there are marvel and ae
    Found a possible venue in Manteca. It's a magic the gathering shop but I've been going in there with korngo and playing( they have tv's/Xbox) and they've been really cool about it. They are undergoing ownership change at the moment and the soon to be owner seemed interested in setting up some tournaments or ranbats if we came make the numbers work. We're right in between Modesto, stockton, etc so I feel it's a good spot. Any interest of questions hit me up I'd love to have some more people come play with us soon.
    Well, this forum hasn't been moving very quickly. Summer is in the air and hopefully we're all more active this year. I know I'll try to be, as for the what Infinite is referring to Saturdays tend to work best for me personally.
    working on a tourney in the near future hoping for a saturday koolblaid lol
  • TurtleHugoTurtleHugo Higher Marvel Joined: Posts: 131
    What's good ag! Yall still playing/smoking?? What's good lol haven't played in forever but down to start again haha let me know whats good bro, I work down the street off Louise everyday so shouldn't be to hard yee!!
    Just playin' the game....
    ok guys here it is!! koolblaid my bad i know the situation with you and sundays http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/187828/feb-23-last-man-standing-3-cencal?new=1
  • moe wifimoe wifi Joined: Posts: 332
    Sup guys hmu im tryna get back into fighting games seriously
    BURRRRRR
    I guess Stockton's trying to get back in this.

tinyurl.com/GEtcMar2014
    Sup im trying to start a weekly for us in manteca at this magic shop called war torn front post up if u want it to go down! Ill be down for tues or wed every week or maybe sundays just post n let me know!!
    BURRRRRR
    510 921 6985 hmu guys, im trying to have it be ae and umvc3 consistently but im down for any game if u guys bring it just hmu and lets all level up no more bs im tryna get good at melee too
    BURRRRRR
  • MisteranthropyMisteranthropy Joined: Posts: 14
    1005849_10200975624184894_1172582756_n.jpg

Max Cancel is a Bi-weekly fighting game house session in Manteca, California. The goal is to provide a place for the local communities to level up and play new people.

Our game selections will expand along with our turnout. The more people we get the more diverse the games will be. So come out and play and help the local scene grow!

These events are open to the public

Questions/Contact Info:

www.facebook.com/groups/valleymax/

Twitter: www.twitter.com/maxcancel

Email: valleymaxcancel@gmail.com
    edited May 2014
    Saturday the 17th! Another Stockton monthly. AE2012 and Marvel. Gamers ECT - 6521 Pacific Ave, Stockton, California (next to traders joe)

Fees:
    $2 Venue Fee
    $5 Tournament Entry Fee (each game)

Marvel will be streamed by my buddy, Kevin. I'll be doing direct capture for AE and will go directly to YouTube.

https://www.facebook.com/events/431263726977184/?ref=25

Previous months results and footage:

March 2014
    The turnout for March 15 was 13 for Marvel and 10 for AE2012.
    UMVC3

1st. Pictochat
    2nd. Snakedux
    3rd. Philip
    4th: kNice
    5th: Sunny
    5th: John W.
    7th: Harban G.
    7th: Choo
    9th: TheEduardo
    9th: Juliann
    9th: AlexL
    9th: Eddie J.
    13th: Idiocy
    http://challonge.com/gmretcmar14umvc3

AE2012
    1st: Jeff
    2nd: Idiocy
    3rd: Jay
    4th: Snake
    5th: John W
    5th: Knice
    7th: Juliann
    7th: Joutai
    9th: Tokubap
    9th: Harbon G

http://challonge.com/AEstockton

April 2014
    UMvC3

1st: Snakedux
    2nd: Pictochat
    3rd: Sunny
    4th: CatOffChoo
    5th: Daryl
    5th: Idiocy
    7th: Jeff
    9th: Ron (Who Hates Marvel)
    http://challonge.com/GEtcApril2014UMvC3

AE2012

1st: Jeff
    2nd: Joutai
    3rd: Idiocy
    4th: Sunny
    5th: Daryl
    5th: CatOffChoo
    7th: Melissa
    http://challonge.com/GEtcApril2014AE
  • Mr__CHUCKLESMr__CHUCKLES Joined: Posts: 239
    Hello people :-D
    I haven't been on this site in over 2 years i think. Hows everybody.
    Decided to come back. I pick up my fighting stick hop on street fighter. Believe me not i couldn't do a single combo. I dnt even know if i was holding stick right. Just smashing buttons. Wanna get back into this so i need lots of help. Complete noob
  • MisteranthropyMisteranthropy Joined: Posts: 14
    Our session is still going on bi weekly and our next session is tomorrow and looks like its going to be a good turn out. We would love to get more people so feel free to message me here and we can work out the details.
  • Sousuke21Sousuke21 Joined: Posts: 21
    Sessions at gamers etc still going on?
    They're charging $20 for an entry fee and replaced the monitors with HDTV's, so no :\
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1558172557833436/1558180394499319/

Some of us are going to run SFV tournies in the 209

209 Throwdown: War Torn Front - Street Fighter V tournament

Date: Sunday, February 21at 1 PM

Location: War Torn Front - 506 N Union Rd, Manteca, California 95337

Details:

Street Fighter tournaments return to the 209 with Street Fighter V.

Game: Street Fighter V (PS4)
    Tournament organizer: Daryl Bunao, @DarylBunao

Venue Fee:$5, reduced fee $2 if players bring a full setup (TV, console and game)
    Pot entry: $5
    Prize pot breakdown:70/20/10 percent of the total prize pot for 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively

Rules:
    All characters allowed
    Double elimination bracket - 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games
    Winners, Losers and Grand finals will be 3/5 games
    Bring your own controllers/arcade sticks