Logan (2017)

RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.DJoined: Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited March 5 in General Discussion
Friend just told me that Aronofsky was directing it and didn't see a topic for it. Its supposed to take place in Japan. Hoping it doesn't suck.

The Wolverine (2012) - IMDb

WOLVERINE Sequel Titled ?THE WOLVERINE?; Matthew Libatique Will Be the Cinematographer

Darren Aronofsky's Wolverine film will officially be called... - JoBlo.com
Post edited by RockBogart on

Comments

• shatterstarshatterstar still unauthorized Joined: Posts: 8,553
    isn't there an anime out too?

av by Me
    my av makers: 1. Monkeyspank 2. DarkGiygas 3. aLee 4. givequicheachance 5. Nastradamus 6. OrangeCat 7. Seth 8. Yeah Dood 120% 9. PsychoSquall 10. DarkDragon 11. Master Chibi
    http://officialniapparel.blogspot.com/
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    isn't there an anime out too?

We don't like to talk about that.
    We don't like to talk about that.

Sorry, Brock. I had no clue.

av by Me
    my av makers: 1. Monkeyspank 2. DarkGiygas 3. aLee 4. givequicheachance 5. Nastradamus 6. OrangeCat 7. Seth 8. Yeah Dood 120% 9. PsychoSquall 10. DarkDragon 11. Master Chibi
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    it better have violence. Showing Wolverine's history, and instead of showing the badass that he was, showing how fucking cuddly and pussy like he was, didn't do much for me. The wolverine origins video game shit all over the fucking movie. Case in point, look at the helicopter scenes.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • spideymanspideyman Much Luv to the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    this better be rated R
    Much love to the midwest.
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,059
    this better be rated R

PFFFFT! Don't hold ya breath!

All this movie has to do is be better than the 1st....
  • Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377
    at this rate wolverine is going to be more popular than spiderman..
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649
    definitely Silver Samurai. Yuriko(sp?) as his love interest?
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
    definitely Silver Samurai. Yuriko(sp?) as his love interest?

*reaching* maybe pre-Besty-Asian?

av by Me
    *reaching* maybe pre-Besty-Asian?

It might be pre Silver Samurai and deal with his marriage to Itsu , birth of Daken, training with Ogun.
  • SpoonmanSpoonman Joined: Posts: 387
    this better be rated R

We are talking about Fox here, that doesn't help much. I like the fact that its Aronofsky at the helm thou.
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    Fox shouldn't be allowed to make Marvel movies. They have too many bad ones already on their resume.
    Punisher, Elektra, Ghost Rider, F4, F42, X3, Daredevil, Hulk 1, looking back Wolverine 1.

I wonder why Marvel gave them the rights to continue using X-men characters exclusively. I wonder if that will affect Deadpool too.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

• REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649
    Fox shouldn't be allowed to make Marvel movies. They have too many bad ones already on their resume.
    Punisher, Elektra, Ghost Rider, F4, F42, X3, Daredevil, Hulk 1, looking back Wolverine 1.

I wonder why Marvel gave them the rights to continue using X-men characters exclusively. I wonder if that will affect Deadpool too.

Punisher? Ass
    Elektra? Extra Ass
    Ghost Rider? Coulda been better
    F4? Coulda been way better
    F42? this was more like theSS movie costarring 4 lames
    Daredevil? ....terrible
    Hulk 1? ......EFFIN terrible
    Wolverine1? I liked this alot

damn you're right, thats a shitty track record
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277
    The Wolverine? What like The Batman?
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,436
    The Goddamned Wolverine. imo.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Goddamned Wolverine. imo.

lol it should be titled what every villain says when they see wolvy coming "oh shit its wolverine!"
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    Punisher? coulda been better
    Elektra? Extra Ass
    Ghost Rider? Coulda been better
    F4? Coulda been way better
    F42? this was more like theSS movie costarring 4 lames
    Daredevil? ....theatrical cut was horrible...Directors cut made the movie WAAAY better.
    Hulk 1? ......EFFIN terrible
    Wolverine1? I liked this alot

damn you're right, thats a shitty track record

Fixed that for ya.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    1st Wolverine movie was awful; liking it invalidates your opinion about everything else.

Literally, everything else. Even gravity and math.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,921
    What? Nobody liked the plot of the adamantium bullet causing him to lose his memories?
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,310
    1st Wolverine movie was awful; liking it invalidates your opinion about everything else.

Literally, everything else. Even gravity and math.

wolverine was quite a well balanced movie imo they did the special effects correct. they fucked up deadpools appearance but that's about it

glad aronofsky is doing it cos that track record fox has is fucking awEfull
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,778
    Punisher was by far the best marvel movie they've made.

That's a damn lie.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/118382/always-bet-on-black-o.gif

at this rate wolverine is going to be more popular than spiderman..

Where have you been the past 10 years?
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,778
    oh wait was Blade Fox? okay then Blade 1 and 2 then Punisher.

Blade was New Line. When you said "they", I thought you were referring to Marvel in general.
    wolverine was quite a well balanced movie imo they did the special effects correct. they fucked up deadpools appearance but that's about it

no it wasn't. They fucked up Sabretooth by never showing how he lost his memories between Origins and X-Men, which just left a lot of people scratching their noggin's. They never properly dealt with the two of them. They mangled Deadpool horribly. The Merc with a Mouth is Mouthless??? They never show Wraith and Mystique (great setup for Nightcrawler), they do show Xavier, which makes a mess of things. They completely avoid epic moments like Wolverine saving Magneto during WWII. They took a page from Nintendo and made an R rated character into a kiddy fucking mess, and basically marketed the movie to the tween crowd.

All this shit about "i'm the best I am at what I do, and what I do ain't pretty" then you find out wolverine went to wars and didnt kill, then falls in love, moves to a mountaintop, and becomes a fucking lumberjack...................yeah, that was better than showing him waste deep in the dead in other countries, taking out highly trained mercenaries and other mutants.

Play Wolverine Origins, then watch the movie, and do the math. Marvel should either tell Fox to fuck off, or have the intelligence to start their own studio, devoted to their own works, so none of the other studios fuck it up any worse than I'm already worried that Disney will do it.

When you boil it down, they just plain avoided too much of the TRUE wolverine history, that we've learned over the years in Marvel comics, and decided to make their own fucktarded story instead.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

• goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Origins: Wolverine would have been a shitty movie even if they did hit all the points that the fans wanted. The style of the movie is just too rushed and slapdash.

Movies are a combination of a lot of different specialized fields. Wolverine was amateur hour in every one of them. Sure, they could have fixed it up a little by refocusing the story and staying more true to the character, but it would be like giving the world's best cake recipe to someone who's really bad at making cake. You're still going to wind up with a bad cake.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DARREN ARONOFSKY?

This movie is going to be AMAZING. The Wrestler, Black Swan, and I think he was a producer on The Fighter. Holy shit. This is like Christopher Nolan making Batman movies. OH WAIT --

Sorry Dr. B, but you can't make a better film than Darren Aronofsky. You can make one almost as good though, and for a guy who once defeated Galactus with a toothpick, that's pretty impressive.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • KORYNTHYANKORYNTHYAN Pinteresting... Joined: Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What the hell!? Aronofsky? Whoa, I'm totally down with this now. His films are frikkin crazy. And
    wow, 2nd time he'll be working with Jackman? (I own The Fountain on DVD with Jackman/Aronofsky).

~K.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    LESTWINS
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    This is like Christopher Nolan making Batman movies.
    Well I certainly hope not :smile:
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    Sigh...Wolverine is such a horrible character..they continue to milk the hell out of a guy with a pseudo tragic past instead of releasing a film about an anti-ero with a MUCH more sympathetic past...yes I'm talking Deadpool. And not the baraka clone fomr the movie.
    - :bluu:
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,658
    Origins: Wolverine would have been a shitty movie even if they did hit all the points that the fans wanted. The style of the movie is just too rushed and slapdash.

Movies are a combination of a lot of different specialized fields. Wolverine was amateur hour in every one of them. Sure, they could have fixed it up a little by refocusing the story and staying more true to the character, but it would be like giving the world's best cake recipe to someone who's really bad at making cake. You're still going to wind up with a bad cake.

I have to agree. Origins started so strongly, and just went progressively down-hill. It's kind of like how awesome the first 50 minutes of Watchmen were.
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho

it's not just hitting the points the fans wanted. They ignored canon storylines, the PG'd the hell out of it (please explain why/how you ignore Wolverine's violent past, when making an ORIGIN story), and to top it off, piss all over Deadpool and finish with an adamantium bullet.

Nobody involved with that movie had any Wolverine knowledge, it seems they just made a movie based off of what they had seen in the three X-Men movies.

• NeREMIXEDNeREMIXED [S.H.] Joined: Posts: 1,954
    I think I've read that Daredevil 1.5 was good? Can anyone confirm?
    www.SkyHighMinds.com
    I think 99% of Deadpool fans dont realize he's a parody character.
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    I think 99% of Deadpool fans dont realize he's a parody character.

No, they do, and he's still 900x better than alot of the established characters out there.

Come on, wolverine...super healing and super longevity...his life is filled with misery because...

Deadpool...was going to die from cancer...an identifiable issue...and had his DNA altered based upon wolverines to fix the cancer, however the side effect is a constantly eroding personality/mind because its actually self regenerating even when not being damaged....he's a 'truely' tragic hero, who's original nature also paints him as an anti-hero. I honestly don't see a single facet of Wolverine that eclipse Deadpool's except for him being the poster child...plain and simple.

He's also entertaining to read...he steals the show...and he's funny - especially in the TV show "Psych" capacity of jokes and puns based on 80s and 90s entertainment. I doubt more than 1% of SRK even knows who Bea Arthur is.
  • DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 608
    all live action comic movies are ass, they should stick to 2D animation only! btw that wolverine anime is pretty good actually.
  • Da BoogeymanDa Boogeyman Joined: Posts: 2,292
    Iron Man shits all over that iron man anime
  • Rush_MarineRush_Marine Bitter Root Joined: Posts: 611
    The Wolverine? Lame name.
    Be mindful of the Dharma.
  • Rush_MarineRush_Marine Bitter Root Joined: Posts: 611
    Bea Arthur is.

Everyone knows who she is.
    Be mindful of the Dharma.