Logan (2017)

Comments

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,035
    edited March 26
    Someone on another board called Logan the "Dark Knight" of the Marvel movies. I'd say that's accurate.

Could any other Marvel flick fit that bill?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,471
    Da Stunna wrote: »
    Was it ever even explained how the facility got a hold of Logan's DNA?

How many times did Logan got cut or wounded in a fight over his long career?
    And you don't think they could of just swab up some blood at a scene after the action died down?

You don't even need blood, a hair, skin or what ever else tissue sample would work just as well.
    It's pretty common for Wolverine to get cut or rough up in a fight. Finding DNA samples of Logan is not a challenge.

In the Comics the Weapons Plus Program already has Wolverine's DNA, they used his DNA to give Deadpool his regenerative abilities.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/fox-black-white-logan-may-16th-for-one-day-1202403312/

Logan to have black and white theatrical showings on May 16th(US only)

Also, Logan blu ray to be released on May 23.

Is that the quickest turnaround for a mainstream Hollywood movie that did WELL?
    (2 months and 3 weeks approx)
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    https://drafthouse.com/event/logan-noir

Logan Noir screenings list (Unfortunately only a handful of states with Texas having the lion's share of screenings :sad:)

Logan Bluray Special Features:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/396257-logan-noir-screening-details-plus-blu-ray-features#/slide/1
    The 90 minutes of special features on the Logan Blu-ray include:

— “Logan Noir”: a black-and-white version of the film

— Audio commentary by director James Mangold.

— Deleted scenes with optional audio commentary by Mangold (Blu-ray only)

— “Making Logan” — behind-the-scenes documentary (Blu-ray only)

Logan will be released on 4K, Ultra HD and Blu-ray May 23.

Walmart version will come with 9 small posters with each image from an x-film that Jackman appeared in.

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,109
    just watched it, movie was decent
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/fox-black-white-logan-may-16th-for-one-day-1202403312/

Logan to have black and white theatrical showings on May 16th(US only)

Also, Logan blu ray to be released on May 23.

Is that the quickest turnaround for a mainstream Hollywood movie that did WELL?
    (2 months and 3 weeks approx)

Fox probably looking to capitalize on those DVD/Blu-Ray sales while the movie is still fresh in everyone's mind. I don't blame them, i plan on getting it ASAP. Logan was really good. And i wouldn't mind seeing the black & white release in theaters but, one day only and limited release? Probably not happening for me lol.

Those whining about Fox not letting Marvel/MCU get the right to X-Men, in this case i think that's good. This, alongside Deadpool, are the type of movies i can't see Marvel(Disney!) approving of. Sure we'd get stuff like X-Men crossing over with Avengers and that might be cool but, it would be the same PG-13 light-hearted romps we've been seeing. They simply wouldn't have the balls to release stuff like Deadpool and Logan as they are, and we'd miss out.

Besides most of Fox's X-Men universe flicks have been good/decent and now they have another hit.
  • airdoojieairdoojie Joined: Posts: 55
    Pretty interesting movie. I don't watch many comic book movies and the violence in this particular film was a shocking surprise haha
    airdoojie wrote: »
    Pretty interesting movie. I don't watch many comic book movies and the violence in this particular film was a shocking surprise haha

I rewatched the first 3 X-Men movies recently and the way they censored things and found ways to "avoid" showing any blood from Wolvie's attacks, is now much more noticeable after seeing Logan. In X-Men Origins, he close up stabs Sabretooth through the hand. Not a drip of blood.

-Jawaharlal Nehru
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,229
    This was so wolf and cub and i loved it

The old cowboy dies at the end

Marvel only gets dark and violent with netflix

I loved the first half of season 2 daredevil with big pun
    edited May 24
    Just bought the Blu-Ray today, which is actually a 3-Disc set. With a DVD version and the Black & White Logan Noir Blu-Ray.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,229
    Fox is on a run

From first class to now, they been doing good by the x-men

Now they just need to really do good by the fantastic four.

I'd rather have a Dr. Doom origin movie and him being evil and benevolent
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dab00g wrote: »
    Fox is on a run

i beg to differ, with respect. they are making a profit but it's more a disservice than anything else trying to keep the film rights and cranking out "movies" that are substantially and thematically subpar imo
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,722
    Fox is on a run

You clearly didn't watch Apocalypse movie
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    locoghoul wrote: »
    You clearly didn't watch X-Men Apocalypse

fixed. and no, he obviously didn't see that garbage fire.
    edited May 26
    X-Men Apocalypse was awesome.

Don't get me wrong, it was underwhelming considering the character but, there's only so much you can do in a 2-hour movie. What was there was still pretty good.

Fox is on a run

The first class trilogy was pretty good overall. Actually reminds me of the nolan Batman trilogy.

First Class being kinda like Batman Begins, with it's cool origin story of the characters. Not the best X-Men movie but, still good and a stepping stone to better things later on....

Then they knocked it out of the park with Days of Future Past. That was like their "Dark Knight" with the trilogy at it's peak.

Lastly, X-Men Apocalypse. Like Dark Knight Rises, it was also pretty good but had it's weak moments and didn't quite live up to the high-bar set by Days of Future past.
    lmao, it was trash

@po pimpus preach this fool plz
    edited May 26
    Go right ahead, lol. I'm not afraid of that taste cancer.

(You guys should really get that checked out by the way)

you already are taste cancer.

pfft, why is this ass-clown even in here shilling all over the place and acting a fool?
    dignity plz

yeah, you're entitled to your opinion but when A LOT of people tell you otherwise then own it like a man and kindly fuck off.
    pretty plz
    lol
    edited May 26
    odin wrote: »
    Xmen Apoc good?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/26gs6vEzlpaxuYgso/giphy.gif

You won't find many people that agree with that assessment.

They aren't hard to find:

tataa8P wrote: »

you already are taste cancer.

pfft, why is this ass-clown even in here shilling all over the place and acting a fool?
    dignity plz

yeah, you're entitled to your opinion but when A LOT of people tell you otherwise then own it like a man and kindly fuck off.
    pretty plz
    lol

I'm sorry you can't handle others disagreeing with your opinion, much less your diagnosis of taste cancer lol.

It's not too late to seek treatment. However, every day that goes by makes you act more like a ignorant dumbass that can't let others have their own views. So don't wait too long ;)

Post edited by AlphaCharlie on
    edited May 26
    So you are trying to qualify your unpopular opinion with other people's opinion pieces.

A middle of a road review admitting the film has problems
    And overly-hypd You tube discount John Cena who likes almost anything (except Fant4sic), BUT he also finds plenty of fault with the film.

Opinions can be wrong, especially when they come from a position of ignorance.

What is wrong with Xmen Apocalypse:
    • No pacing
    • Most of the new actors to the IP acted like they are in a Twilight film, all wooden. Which is a shame becuase I seen how Sophie Turner plays Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones. She just got shit writing and shit directors. Which leads to my next point
    • Shit Writing and shit directing
    • Horrible composition of each shot
    • Horrible Lighting. (Ivan Ooze look on Apocalypse)
    • Apocalypse's Costume. The fact there cosplayers than can put fox efforts to shame with a smaller costume budget.
    • Complete disregard for source materials.
    • Only really good scene is the Quick Silver Scene

Fox is on a run

Not going to happen. Fox can still use the IP but Marvel has to give the Green Light.
    The thing is Marvel just can't Garbage-can a movie they don't want Fox to make ; unless they have to have a strong reason. (the Good Faith Clause).
    After 4 terrible movies I think Marvel is well with in their rights to shit-can any attempts of Fox doing a 5th Fantastic Four movie.

edited May 26
    Darksakul wrote: »
    So you are trying to qualify your unpopular opinion with other people's opinion pieces.

Don't really care. It's not the first time around here that i've encountered those who can't appreciate a good thing(points to avatar). Or ignorant asshats that can't let others have their own opinion(again, points to avatar).

It definitely had some problems for sure but, overall, i still LOVED X-Men Apocalypse.

For every problem the movie had, there was a really good point that easily made up for it.

Don't really care. It's not the first time around here that i've encountered those who can't appreciate a good thing(points to avatar). Or ignorant asshats that can't let others have their own opinion(again, points to avatar).

It definitely had some problems for sure but, overall, i still LOVED X-Men Apocalypse.

For every problem the movie had, there was a really good point that easily made up for it.

You know if came up with good argument points instead of saying everyone got taste cancer
    [sips tea]
    edited May 26
    You know if came up with good argument points instead of saying everyone got taste cancer
    [sips tea]

Good argument points? lol. The mistake you're making is thinking i was trying to convince you to begin with.

Again, if you can't appreciate a good thing, that's on you. I still loved the movie.

Edit: And i got called a fool for saying i liked the movie first. Prior to the taste cancer epidemic. Oh, and that tea has clearly expired.

• 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 964
    X-Men Apoc was awesome?

DOFP was the Dark Knight of X movies, trilogy wise?

People like that are why Trump is in office dropping score streaks on people...

I will say him saying good reviews of Apocolypse aren't hard to find then only posting TWO reviews cracked me up.
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,147
    I thought XMen:A was pretty bad....

Storm was hawt tho.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    the first 20 maybe 30 mins of Apoc was good (especially Magneto's scenes) then it goes to shit. Maybe not F4ntastic levels of bad but definitely F4 levels of bad. Classic Fox
    edited May 26
    the first 20 maybe 30 mins of Apoc was good (especially Magneto's scenes) then it goes to shit. Maybe not F4ntastic levels of bad but definitely F4 levels of bad. Classic Fox

^^ Whoa, whoa, i can understand not liking it but, to compare it to the F4 movies? (sigh).

I wasn't going to say anything further on this topic but.... if one needs any further indication of taste cancer among certain SRK members....THIS is it.

Sir. You've been officially diagnosed. Seek treatment immediately. And to think this was the guy that first called me a fool for liking the movie. lol.
    edited May 26
    >post unpopular opinion
    >calls all opposing opinions taste cancer
    >looks for bias confirmation rather than have any good discussion points.

And you wonder why people railed against you over the NES classic.
    I bet he liked X3.
    I bet he liked X3.

X 3 that shat over the dark Phoenix saga, the best x-men story arc ever.
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I just realized a really funny post credits scene they should have done. Wolverine reaches his claw out of the dirt, then you see Freddy Kreuger's claw grab him by the wrist and pull him back under. That's right, full on Jason Goes to Hell ending.
    >post unpopular opinion

Only after i was insulted for having an opinion different from the majority, yup.

Wait, "people"? Naaa, pretty sure it was just one person: You. Being a douchbag to anyone here that wanted to talk about the system.

By the way, you still hav'nt answered my early question. If you plan to act that way again when SNES Classic launches this christmas.
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,655
    I liked every X-Men/Wolverine movie to some extent, but Apocalypse is my least favorite. That's including X3 and Origins:W.

DoFP was a tough act to follow, but Apocalypse really missed the mark. (I do own it and all the others.)
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
    >post unpopular opinion

Only after i was insulted for having an opinion different from the majority, yup.

Wait, "people"? Naaa, pretty sure it was just one person: You. Being a douchbag to anyone here that wanted to talk about the system.

By the way, you still hav'nt answered my early question. If you plan to act that way again when SNES Classic launches this christmas.

Who said there going to be a SNES Classic?

Are you still going to be a salty bitch about when people tell you to shut the fuck up?
    edited May 27

Are you still going to be a salty bitch about when people tell you to shut the fuck up?

lol. Such language, tsk tsk. Guess i struck a nerve ;)

And the SNES Classic has been confirmed. So are you going to pull the same crap this christmas as well? I remember how butthurt you were last year about everyone being so excited over a "rombox".

There's plenty of SNES fans here. You could at least do us the courtesy of a heads-up, so we can be prepared for your incoming douchbag behavior.
    Post edited by AlphaCharlie on
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,228
    Apocalypse is terrible.

Really wish Fox would just do a Paramount deal, letting Marvel make the movies, and they make a percentage of the gross for a set number of movies, before the rights fully revert back to Marvel.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
    edited May 27
    Apocalypse is terrible.

Really wish Fox would just do a Paramount deal, letting Marvel make the movies, and they make a percentage of the gross for a set number of movies, before the rights fully revert back to Marvel.

If that happened we would'nt have EVER gotten awesome movies like Deadpool and Logan. At least not in their current form, as they'd have been heavily sanitized and PG-13'ed to hell.

The Marvel MCU is good but there are clearly limits on the kind of movies they can do, due to their self-imposed PG-13 restriction. Fox however, has the balls to put out the kind of movies marvel/disney won't.

So its worth them keeping the license.

lol. Such language, tsk tsk. Guess i struck a nerve ;)

And the SNES Classic has been confirmed. So are you going to pull the same crap this christmas as well? I remember how butthurt you were last year about everyone being so excited over a "rombox".

There's plenty of SNES fans here. You could at least do us the courtesy of a heads-up, so we can be prepared for your incoming douchbag behavior.

And what this have to do with Marvel movies? :coffee:
    Apocalypse is terrible.

If that happened we would'nt have EVER gotten awesome movies like Deadpool and Logan. At least not in their current form, as they'd have been heavily sanitized and PG-13'ed to hell.

The Marvel MCU is good but there are clearly limits on the kind of movies they can do, due to their self-imposed PG-13 restriction. Fox however, has the balls to put out the kind of movies marvel/disney won't.

So its worth them keeping the license.

Deadpool and Logan is a fluke. They are the only really good acclaimed Comic book movies Fox did in a long, long time.

Every standalone Wolverine movie sucked before now, and Logan isn't even a Super Hero movie (as all the Super heroes are dead or retired).
    And Fox didn't even want to do Deadpool, it took Ryan Renolds leaking the test footage force their hand. And I am suprised they took the bait instead of canceling the project and tried to sue Renolds for the leak.
    Because that would be Fox for you.

Because Dark and Gritty normally don't work for Comic book movies.
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 964
    I'm still trying to figure out why you are all still on this guy, if he has bad taste, ignore him.

At this point he's just fucking trolling you all & you're all falling for it. Let him have his terrible taste & keep it moving.

Fucking Logan thread & niggas are in him talking about a NES Classic....holy shit....
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,228
    edited May 27
    Can't be worse than Liefeld.

527ca781332c3aba921ba9700b09b356.jpg

0acb23727bd715c5bf06067d8d7c5698.jpg

e197e9b314eee81066a6a6c6dc41cfa0.jpg

He has no grasp of human anatomy, and is especially terrible at faces.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That Derpverine is 10000x worse than Leifeld.
    At least Rob had edgy looking 90s art that appealed to me as a kid.

Not some Napoleon Dynamite looking Wolvie.