Logan (2017)

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,220
    Logan was flames. I am not sure what timeline it is supposed to follow, but this is what Wolverine films should have been like from the beginning.

According to the director Logan takes place 5 years after the good future of DoTP.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,519
    Film would have been better with Kuze's Theme during the final battle.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,448 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Film would have been better with Kuze's Theme during the final battle.

giphy.gif
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Odin,

Yakuza 0 (game) is love. Yakuza 0 is life.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,573
    Logan was flames. I am not sure what timeline it is supposed to follow, but this is what Wolverine films should have been like from the beginning.

According to the director Logan takes place 5 years after the good future of DoTP.

Which doesn't make any sense. However, Logan is a great movie. Fox's timeline is cluster fuck, but I won't let that ruin the film for me. I've only seen it once but I thought
    Xavier accidentally killed the X-Men seven years before Logan takes place. Also if a new mutant hadn't been born in decades, how was there a school full of them 5 years before Logan.
    I'd just see it as a standalone film.
    Fuck all the trash they released in the past 15 years or so.

If you try to be consistent with timelines and shit in Marvel movies and comics, you got nothing left except for writing complete garbage.
    Ever tried to explain to a friend what the history of Wolverine, Spider-Man or any other Marvel comic hero is?
    You come to realize that it's all completely retarded bullshit and you sound like a fucking moron.

That's why people like Alan Moore and other good writers just start clean when they take over an established character.
    You can't write a proper story if you have to take 40 or more years of mostly bullshit into account.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,126
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Likely seeing it tomorrow. I've read everything from "Logan is amazing!" To "Logan is OK at best" so we'll see.

I don't even know why you watch movies :rofl:

You still salty as fuck about me not liking Rogue One aren't you? :rofl:

Just got out from seeing Logan. It's the best of the wolverine trilogy but that isn't saying much.

That's not to say I disliked Logan because I didn't. I genuinely enjoyed it. They did x-23 really well. I was worried first about having her so young but the girl who played her did a really good job. The movie also made me want to play The Last of Us really badly.

I'd see it again.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

Which doesn't make any sense. However, Logan is a great movie. Fox's timeline is cluster fuck, but I won't let that ruin the film for me. I've only seen it once but I thought
    Xavier accidentally killed the X-Men seven years before Logan takes place. Also if a new mutant hadn't been born in decades, how was there a school full of them 5 years before Logan.
    Mutants got wiped by being secretly sterilize with corn syrup in everyday food products. This must have happen when the X-Men were still around and didn't know about it.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,501 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Does Logan take place 5 years after DOFP or did the incident take place 5 years after DOFP? I just know the year was 2029.
    Rogue One is garbage though and Rock Bogart likes every film with explosions.
    edited March 6
    Likely seeing it tomorrow. I've read everything from "Logan is amazing!" To "Logan is OK at best" so we'll see.

I just know you don't like anything.

thats not even remotely true.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Does Logan take place 5 years after DOFP or did the incident take place 5 years after DOFP? I just know the year was 2029.

The movie takes place five years after DoTP. The film makes it unclear how long ago the incident with Xavier was.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,501 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Save the bullshit for people who don't know you on Facebook :rofl:

Save the bullshit for people who don't know you on Facebook :rofl:

All I post is pictures of shit I buy and pho. I have no idea what you're even talking about. Lol
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,767
    Richter wrote: »
    That scene where the farmer goes to the water pump
    Was anybody else expecting the white guys to say some racist shit right off the bat? Scene felt more awkward than tense without the expected racist dialogue lol. Racism must've died in 2029.

I know i was waiting for it lol
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,573
    voodazz wrote: »
    Richter wrote: »
    That scene where the farmer goes to the water pump
    Was anybody else expecting the white guys to say some racist shit right off the bat? Scene felt more awkward than tense without the expected racist dialogue lol. Racism must've died in 2029.

I was expecting them to at LEAST say "boy" . lol!

"Wiln like ya kind round'ere boy"
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Saw it Sunday night. Was surprised that it was actually great. Even just as a movie on it's own it's great.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just saw it. Thought it was a great movie and a better story. Didn't realize it was 2 and half hours long.
    - adamantium poisoning ftw
    - I thought it was hilarious how the soldiers would constantly try to surround X-23 with their guns drawn and get as close as possible. Brilliant tactics there guys.
    - That OML/Weapon X-24 mirror match was cool.
    - The cussing was hilarious. Especially from Picard
    - I expected the country boys to be more racist towards Eric lasalle. But I'm glad it didn't happen.
    - Idky Logan was surprised Laura could talk. Didn't she her growling and screaming when she was killing people? She wasn't mute dude.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

It was a really good story. I'm gonna watch it again with my son.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,854
    Finally got to seeing this tonight, and damn was it worth the anticipation. I was worried making X-23 a kid (since she's like 16-17 when she runs into Logan in the comics) would make her come across as a character that needs to be constantly rescued a lot of the time, but thankfully that didn't happen.

My only complaints are ultimate small and minor ones that would probably just be me nitpicking, if I'm being honest. I enjoyed the film so much that even after getting food, I was still semi-freaking out over it a bit as I was driving back home from it. That being said, (and I say this as someone who hasn't seen any interviews or whatnot on the matter) it seems safe to me to assume that this is going to lead directly into the "New Mutants" film with possible stuff to an X-Force or X-Factor one if they decide to do so.

That, and looking back over stuff, I kinda feel dumb for missing the bit of a nod to the All New Wolverine stuff they put in there, since I've read Volumes 1 and 2.
    Driving could be potentially useful in a combat situation whereas pony riding machines that she's never seen before would only be useful as something to throw someone into or toss at people? I dunno.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,247
    One of my friends didn't care for the movie too much.
    Guess he got depressed. LOL.

I saw it. I liked it good. Gave me some feels... moreso with Stewart.
    But goddamn, if the film was supposed to be five years after the (good) ending of Days of Future Past, then this shit was still a Shaggy Dog Story for mutantkind.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,377
    edited March 8
    My friend was confused as to why Wolverine was so old looking when he was born in the 1800s and still looked like he was in his early 30s in the first X-Men movie.

And I had to explain to him that the adamantium had been slowly poisoning him since the Weapon X Project (Which Wolverine explained).

Now whether that simply stopped the non-aging aspect of his ability to heal or whether the adamantium was overriding his ability to heal as he got older and he kept sustaining more and more fatal injuries (not unlike how Deadpool is still hideous because he keeps regenerating his cancer cells too) I couldn't make a guess of.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,226
    Was adamantium poisoning a recent thing? I don't remember hearing about that in the 90's/early 2000's...
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,247
    Funny thing...the comics long ago explained things as such with Wolverine's healing (and also retconning why he was granted an INSANE boost to his healing factor when he was really getting popular).

When he had the metal claws and such, he had the healing factor yes, but he was still able to be knocked out and sometimes was really put out of commission from a hard enough hit (and in some AU stories, outright killed).

And then the epic shit of Magneto ripping out all of Wolverine's adamantium from his bones. Nearly killed him, but didn't.
    So not only did they put in about him always having claws (the start of bone claws Wolverine), but then way later they did make up the bit of the metal being poison in his body, hence why after that bit, his regeneration got to be pretty insane.

Seems they took from that bit, at least. Perhaps if he didn't have the metal in his bones still, he'd still be relatively spry?
    And shit, makes me even more sad of where and what the hell happened with Sabertooth?
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,138 admin
    It's from Fatal Attractions back in 1993. Led to bone claw Wolverine for a while.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,226
    OK, I do remember him getting adamantium removed by Magneto, missed the bit about poisoning lol.
    Was adamantium poisoning a recent thing? I don't remember hearing about that in the 90's/early 2000's...

Adamantium poisoning has always been a thing. His healing factor is what prevents the poison from killing him.
    DukeC wrote: »
    My friend was confused as to why Wolverine was so old looking when he was born in the 1800s and still looked like he was in his early 30s in the first X-Men movie.

And I had to explain to him that the adamantium had been slowly poisoning him since the Weapon X Project (Which Wolverine explained).

Now whether that simply stopped the non-aging aspect of his ability to heal or whether the adamantium was overriding his ability to heal as he got older and he kept sustaining more and more fatal injuries (not unlike how Deadpool is still hideous because he keeps regenerating his cancer cells too) I couldn't make a guess of.

His healing factor decaying is what's allowing the adamantium to poison him. I want to know if the lost of his healing factor is due to age or mutants being wiped out.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,079
    I wouldnt mind if they let this merge into All New Wolverine movie saga.
    DukeC wrote: »
    One of the only complaint me and my friends had was when the fuck did X-23 learn how to drive, but not know how the pony machine worked?

I thought that was obvious, she is constantly studying him like a child picks up traits of their parents. Logan did all the driving at the begining it makes sense that having watched him that she learned through his actions how to drive.

Yeah, it's a little thing, but if you notice, part of what's up with that look she always has when she's quiet is that she's studying everything in the area around her, so she'll better know how to handle things if shit goes bad. And it's not like she didn't have an extended period of time to study how driving a car worked.