Logan (2017)

Comments

• CLU 2CLU 2 Capcom's gonna get sued for that ass. Joined: Posts: 5,710
    What I really want, is for whomsoever produces this thing, to find a new, fresh face for the role.

...who happens to actually approximate the 5'1" that Logan is actually supposed to be.

I, for one, am goddamned sick and tired of having 6+foot tall dudes portraying the might mutant scrapper.

As I see it.
    "Terribad FG." ~ Hatred Edge, on Soul Calibur V

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
  • NandoNando 1337 Joined: Posts: 3,530
    who made Punisher:Bad fuckin Ass
    haha
    where he kills a lot of people...

my fav combo Is Fierce into Fierce. #GGOP Good Game Play on ....Party On...

• J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I thought the punisher had great potential it just:

1. Did not have enough action/violence.
    2. John Travolta is a horrible bad guy. He hammed up every scene he was in. It was painful.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • NandoNando 1337 Joined: Posts: 3,530
    Lionsgate made the good one
    I think!

Wolv movie was cool! except deadpool, lmao! a

it would be cool if the have the re-animated (after they die, dnt they come back?) Weapon x people...
    and saber tooth all feral! ha! looks cool anyways!

my fav combo Is Fierce into Fierce. #GGOP Good Game Play on ....Party On...

• RoninChaosRoninChaos Treading Paper Joined: Posts: 4,091 mod
    I hope Hugh Jackman sticks with the franchise. That dude is wolverine.
    -[E.M.S. for life]- -[Da Foot Clan]- -[Kobra Kai]-

Fuck Dan Marino

"Let's get shit straight: NOTHING can protect you from Ronin." -- Ducky

Making use of my "I am a bitch" card right now, please acknowledge it. -- OMFG

I don't mean to sound cold or cruel or vicious, but I am, so that's the way it comes out.
  • CLU 2CLU 2 Capcom's gonna get sued for that ass. Joined: Posts: 5,710
    I hope Hugh Jackman sticks with the franchise. That dude is wolverine.

And quite possibly Clint Eastwood's illegitimate child.

But he's too tall.

As I see it.
    "Terribad FG." ~ Hatred Edge, on Soul Calibur V

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
  • Las Vegas PimpLas Vegas Pimp XBL: Da Big Punisher Joined: Posts: 3,568
    I wanna see someone other than Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Someone a bit more rigid, shorter and stockier. No examples come to mind but there's gotta be someone else out there.
    Still have that SRK OG mentality.
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    I wanna see someone other than Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Someone a bit more rigid, shorter and stockier. No examples come to mind but there's gotta be someone else out there.

yeah well until somebody comes along, Jackman is Wolverine. To me if an actor/actress can get familiar elements of the characters that we know then i'm down for them playing the part. Little things like height doesn't matter much to me.
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Fans should count themselves fortunate that they found someone to play the role who cares to do more with it than stalk around, chew on a cigar, and say "bub" a lot.
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277

But he's too tall.

As I see it.
    OMG I'm not the only one who sees it. He really does look like Clint Eastwoods love child or something.
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    The Real Reason Darren Aronofsky Isn't Directing Wolverine 2 - CinemaBlend.com

Fox should've caved in.

But he's too tall.

As I see it.
    Do some Avatar or Benjamin Buddens shit to adjust his height. Either way, Wolverine fans seriously could not ask for a better actor to play the part, and a little gratitude wouldn't hurt.
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277
    Yea Jackmans the perfect Wolverine. Only thing wrong is the hight and honestly fuck that little detail cuz he gets everything else right.
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    Werner Herzog is needed. That's all I want.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,522
    we need a psylocke movie

angelina jolie ftw?
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • umthrfkrumthrfkr /Bane Voice Joined: Posts: 7,269
    nothing compares to blade or blade 2 for that matter for good marvel movies. all others sucked ass compared to those two. i did like punisher war zone though.
    fuck you all
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    why am I not surprised at the REAL reason Aronofsky left Wolverine?

Since day one, I've heard terrible stories about Fox, and its inept executives. No sentinels allowed in X-Men movies, completely changing major characters (Deadpool, Phoenix, Juggernaut), making Cyclops a complete and total fucking tool, fucking up what is considered the BEST storyline from any comic (the Dark Phoenix Saga), the list goes on and on. From the first moment I heard Fox was doing X-Men, I just fucking KNEW it would end up getting fucked up more and more, and wondered what it would have been like if one of the better studios had done it.

Even Hugh Jackman knows this. If Fox was smart, they'd rehire Darren, give him the control he asked for (fuck you, you don't tamper with Oscar geniuses work), and SHUT THE FUCK UP before they run another franchise into the ground
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    why am I not surprised at the REAL reason Aronofsky left Wolverine?

Since day one, I've heard terrible stories about Fox, and its inept executives. No sentinels allowed in X-Men movies, completely changing major characters (Deadpool, Phoenix, Juggernaut), making Cyclops a complete and total fucking tool, fucking up what is considered the BEST storyline from any comic (the Dark Phoenix Saga), the list goes on and on. From the first moment I heard Fox was doing X-Men, I just fucking KNEW it would end up getting fucked up more and more, and wondered what it would have been like if one of the better studios had done it.

Even Hugh Jackman knows this. If Fox was smart, they'd rehire Darren, give him the control he asked for (fuck you, you don't tamper with Oscar geniuses work), and SHUT THE FUCK UP before they run another franchise into the ground

Yet another reason why i say Marvel should throw some money at Fox(since thats obviously all Fox wants) and get Wolverine back.
    Not too sure about that. Iron Man is pretty much the only good thing to come out of Marvel Studios, and that was because Marvel Studios wasn't very involved in the production. Going from Fox to Marvel would by no means guarantee an improvement of any kind.
    Not too sure about that. Iron Man is pretty much the only good thing to come out of Marvel Studios, and that was because Marvel Studios wasn't very involved in the production. Going from Fox to Marvel would by no means guarantee an improvement of any kind.

but they could then give it to a BETTER studio, one that wouldn't interfere too much. Fox is a horrible studio to work for, unless you're James Cameron. If I recall, it's a studio exec named Tim Roth that's apparantly a HUUUUUGE problem at Fox.

I want the X-Men to be given a proper reboot, with no stupid lame storylines or characters that aren't who they were in the comics (changing a goddess to a lame mutant was dumb....juggernaut being a lame mutant, rather than Xaviers brother = wtf).

They should have done them in trilogies. Fuck this first clASS bullshit. Gimme a trilogy with the sentinels, then gimme Age of Apocalypse, then try the Dark Phoenix Saga
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

• Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wolverine was quite a well balanced movie imo they did the special effects correct. they fucked up deadpools appearance but that's about it

People were saying weird stuff about it, like they could see his claws "wiggle" or something. I saw it in hd via..."other" methods, and I didn't see any of that.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!

you serious right? Going from Fox to Marvel would be a HUGE improvement. Granted at this point they've only had three movies, those three movie alone show how much quality those movies are compared to what Fox has churned out.
  • RoninChaosRoninChaos Treading Paper Joined: Posts: 4,091 mod
    Fans should count themselves fortunate that they found someone to play the role who cares to do more with it than stalk around, chew on a cigar, and say "bub" a lot.

Agreed.

I read an interview where Jackman said he would continue to play Wolverine as long as fans wanted to see him do it because without them he wouldn't be successful at all, and that he owes his career to playing wolverine. That's really cool, especially since there are so many people who've played super hero roles that act all fucking indignant about it, like they're above the role. Tobey Maquire and that dumb snaggle toothed bitch that played Mary Jane come to mind.
    -[E.M.S. for life]- -[Da Foot Clan]- -[Kobra Kai]-

Fuck Dan Marino

"Let's get shit straight: NOTHING can protect you from Ronin." -- Ducky

Making use of my "I am a bitch" card right now, please acknowledge it. -- OMFG

I don't mean to sound cold or cruel or vicious, but I am, so that's the way it comes out.
    Agreed.

I read an interview where Jackman said he would continue to play Wolverine as long as fans wanted to see him do it because without them he wouldn't be successful at all, and that he owes his career to playing wolverine. That's really cool, especially since there are so many people who've played super hero roles that act all fucking indignant about it, like they're above the role. Tobey Maquire and that dumb snaggle toothed bitch that played Mary Jane come to mind.

that's something that always bothered me. Classic Hollywood actors never worried about being typecast, in fact they LOVED those roles. Look at Bela Legosi. He was fucking BURIED in his cape.

Now you see dudes make 2-3 movies, and suddenly they think they have complete control over the character, and everybody's opinion is wrong. I still remember the stupidity of the Kirsten Dunce (not a spelling error) Spider-Baby comment

that's something that always bothered me. Classic Hollywood actors never worried about being typecast, in fact they LOVED those roles. Look at Bela Legosi. He was fucking BURIED in his cape.

Nobody wants to be another Ed O'Neil.
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Now you see dudes make 2-3 movies, and suddenly they think they have complete control over the character, and everybody's opinion is wrong. I still remember the stupidity of the Kirsten Dunce (not a spelling error) Spider-Baby comment

To top it off, Dunce is a terrible actor and is ugly. MJ was supposed to be a smoking hot super model...I can't believe anybody is attracted to Dunce. With all the attractive women in Hollywood they pick that washboard? At least get acting talent if you're not going to cast the character correctly, but Dunce sucks at that too. I'm glad she's gone.

And screw Maguire, it's not like he was that good either. I'm glad they're rebooting the franchise, because the actors they used were awful. The first one was good just because the script was so good and because of the novelty. They can do a LOT better. Dark Knight and Ironman have showed everyone what happens when you combine good acting, good writing and special effects together for a comic flick.

I am looking forward to films like Captain America and hoping new Spidey and X-men films are done correctly. These are fantastic movies when done correctly. That means actors that understand their material and how to act.

Is Deadpool still on? Reynolds can easily make a franchise out of that because he actually cares about the character and pulls it off. I personally think Deadpool with Reynolds will set the bar...a bar which probably won't be surpassed anytime soon afterwards.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Reynolds said he would only do the Deadpool movie if it was more like the comic version and not the lame one in the Wolverine movie. He blasted that movie pretty hard before it even came out, talking about how bad it was.

The sad part is in that whole travesty that was Spiderman The Musical aka Spiderman 3, Topher Grace should have been Spiderman the whole time.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    The first one was good just because the script was so good and because of the novelty. They can do a LOT better.
    The first half of the first one was really good. That whole arc from the beginning of the film on through when he becomes Spider-Man was terrific. It was like reading the old Steve Ditko comics, without Stan Lee's weird-ass dialogue.

Once the whole Spidey vs. the Green Goblin section of the story begins, it turns into a bland, generic action movie.

I think I've said this here before, but my ideal Spider-Man movie would be the origin stuff from the first movie and the villain from the second. Doc Ock was a much more interesting, potent bad guy in the movies, with all due respect to Willem Dafoe and his creepy facial expressions.
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    I still don't get why they dressed Dafoe up like a Power Rangers villain. I mean the man doesn't need makeup or a mask to be a supervillain, his actual mug looks deranged and menacing enough.
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,579
    with aronofsky out, i am too.

hope he can now make that year one comic with Miller
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • CI581CI581 Joined: Posts: 3,297
    maybe I'll get drunk & watch a matinee. :P
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,579
    People were saying weird stuff about it, like they could see his claws "wiggle" or something. I saw it in hd via..."other" methods, and I didn't see any of that.

problem?
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm genuinely staggered by the fact that people liked the Wolverine movie. Did all of you guys watch it on your computers? Maybe I was extra-offended by how bad it was because I saw it in the theater.
    I'm genuinely staggered by the fact that people liked the Wolverine movie. Did all of you guys watch it on your computers? Maybe I was extra-offended by how bad it was because I saw it in the theater.

I didn't like it. Didn't hate it, either. It was just something to watch...like every damn Marvel movie since the first X-men movie...with Spider-Man 1, 2 and Iron Man 2 (never saw 1) standing out as actually entertaining. I guess you really have to be a serious fanboy to actually really like a marvel film. They just keep letting directors and animators dick over their ip with what said idiots think would be kewl. I can't respect that.

It is hysterically bad.
    It is hysterically bad.

I found that the game spoiled me. I was exPecting them to show his violent past, rather than skip those parts, or even change them to make wolvie a pussy.

I mean how do u leave out shit like him jumping from a chopper without a chute or him stabbing the fuck out of ppl??

• hold dathold dat I Strike Joined: Posts: 1,321

agreed

There were only two good scenes in the movie

1. when he bursts out of the tank after the adamantium bonding process

2. his reaction to silver fox getting shot

I would like to erase that movie from my memory banks. i'll never understand why they put out a movie that they know is bad
    The Killers Revival...coming soon
  • Legendary GokouLegendary Gokou 210Nem Joined: Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The sad part is in that whole travesty that was Spiderman The Musical aka Spiderman 3, Topher Grace should have been Spiderman the whole time.

I'm honestly surprised that he wasn't the first name to come up when it came to casting the role of Spiderman. I think the type of humor Spidey has makes it a no brainer.

As far as Wolverine, I'm happy with Hugh Jackman but really wish they'd let some of the other characters shine. I'm fine with it if they specify it in the movie titles, but it felt like in the Xmen movies it was mostly about Wolverine anyway.

Personally I'd like to see the Rogue x Gambit storyline be covered.
    CFN: 210Nem
    SFV Karin

I actually watched the workprint release when it was leaked then went to the movies to see it again. It really wasn't bad. 2 Things they should've changed that would've been better:
    1. They should've had it where Stryker drugged Logan and then had him bonded with adamantium. I didn't like how he just agreed to it just cause.
    2. Deadpool. There was really no reason why Deadpool had to look like that at the end.
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

yeah i've been stating for years that eric foreman would have made the perfect spiderman. they should have cast donna as MJ because we already know the two have chemistry on screen. and maybe fez could have done a cameo with bruce campbell. oh well.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • Machineking1313Machineking1313 Infamous User Joined: Posts: 1,449
    So let me guess, its going to have Weapon X in it. Everything with Wolverine has weapon X in it. Haven't we seen/read enough of weapon X?

Its getting to the point where they are taking non-weapon X characters like Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike and turning them into weapon X creations.....think of something new for the love of Christ!!
    Everyone! Get your torches lit and your pitchforks ready! We are storming Capcom's headquarters while shouting "SHORYUKEN!!!!"

Check out my Yu-Gi-Oh product opening channel! https://youtube.com/channel/UCQXD7kWDoEKw51lPfngMELg
    Please like and subscribe if you enjoy the videos!
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The 6 second prelude to a teaser as a gif (the above link not working for me)

iSPiSsgs0COJV.gif
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,079
    edited March 2013
    YouTube link:

Here's the original link with audio on Vine:
    Post edited by Wil on
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,079
    Who is that blond supposed to be? Looks like fucking Enchantress lol.

The back of Silver Samurai's head looks, ummm good....

anywho, I heard they're putting blood in this (and saw pics too), considering a huge complaint people had was that Wolverine would stab people yet his claws were perfectly clean every time.

• ZeroZero Ruler of Dimension X Joined: Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That implies that he isn't already.

It was good, but I don't see how it's better than Iron Man.

Iron Man wasn't Fox.

Old Boy was a great movie
    "Dont call it a comeback / I've been here for years"

Steam ID: drzerogi

Aura Crusher:
    www.geocities.com/xybaz (this site is dead, BTW)
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,214
    I am just happy they using japaneses in this movie

Silver Sanurai about to blow up
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,339 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    Wonder if we will get another game from the same folks who made the 2009 Xmen Origins game.