Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Ez-The-ChampionEz-The-Champion UH OH It's The CHAMPJoined: Posts: 1,379
Think it's time we get an official thread for this game on PSN. This is not a speculation thread but rather the official thread where players can interact, discuss, or discuss tactics regarding players gameplay or style.

Game is not out yet but please feel free to start telling us who you are and why your team is the best in mind at the moment while we patiently wait for the midnight release of this game a few days from now.

My team as of right now is as follow:

Taskmaster (which ever assist suits well)
Haggar (spinning lariat arms assist)
Chun Li (lightning kick assist)

LET'S KEEP THE THREAD ROLLING!!

The MAHVEL HYPE CONTINUES YEEAAHHH!!:rock:
"Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"

Comments

• smooth assassinsmooth assassin Exellence in a Jar! Joined: Posts: 2,008
    I think im liking taskmaster,dante,sentinel for my first team. i just hope sentinel kind of feels the same.
    Hello my name is Edgar and im a marvelholic.
    Casual Cartel - "We aren't random, We Improvise!"
    Playing Mvc3 online is like trying to jack off with your left hand. In your head you know what you want to do but it never comes out like you want it to and you feel like you've just been molested.
  • PerelmanPerelman Waltz of Life Joined: Posts: 41
    I'm going to try every character first :P , but the team that is calling my attention the most is Zero/Ammy/Chun-li
  • Shoestring057Shoestring057 Joined: Posts: 124
    Currently I like Spencer, Haggar, Thor, but I'm gonna try everybody out as well.

Taskmaster, Wisker, Magneto looks like they would be fun...
  • sokloeumsokloeum PSN: sok13- Joined: Posts: 184
    Just like MvC2 I'll play everybody, but I'm looking to make my main team Hsien-ko/X-23/Ammy. Hsien-ko's going to be my Sakura for MvC3 XD.

I'm so hype for the game. Just need to somehow make it past next week...

~ Sokloeum
    Skullgirls: Valentine/Cerebella/Parasoul || BBCS:EX: Platinum, Lamdba-11, Makoto || UMvC3: Hsien-ko/Morrigan/Ammy || KoFXIII: Kula/Yuri/Athena || MvC2: Sakura/B.B. Hood/Cap Com || AH3: Weiss || SF3S:OE: Makoto
    (GG:AC+: Dizzy || P4A: Chie)
  • NickRocksNickRocks We are coming Joined: Posts: 22,331
    posting in an epic thread.

havent picked a team yet, but i really like iron man and dante
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • cedNesscedNess Joined: Posts: 7
    Im liking storm and dante myself, but will probaby give everyone a try. This seems like the longest two weeks ever waiting for this game to come out..
  • Ultra OptimusUltra Optimus Joined: Posts: 117
    Hey EZ, can you update ur first post w/ a list of known repeat R-Qers when the game comes out?
    Do not write here:

O K
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,265
    ohhhhhhhhhh YEAH I AM GOING WITH COMBOFIEND MSS OR PHX =PHOENIX, HAGGAR(Hsien-ko) AND X-23
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • Ez-The-ChampionEz-The-Champion UH OH It's The CHAMP Joined: Posts: 1,379
    Hey EZ, can you update ur first post w/ a list of known repeat R-Qers when the game comes out?

Yeah I could but I prefer not too since there are too many Ragequitters on Mvc2 and this game is a completely new game thread so I prefer to start fresh with everyone here. Please feel free to put the list of all rage quitter guys if you guys feel like it.
    "Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"
  • Rod DriguezRod Driguez gg no t-bag Joined: Posts: 570
    Still BFL - will definitely be using Hulk, Thor, most likely Haggar. Dormmy may qualify too if his stamina is good.

M.O.D.O.K looks interesting.

Also liking the "little big men" I see: Captain America, Spencer, She-Hulk... there are other candidates. Strong, hard-hitting characters that don't have the size issues.
    PSN Gamertag: Juggrknott
    I'm hoping that new people start posting on this thread, so far I've only seen two. On a side note, I would like to add that us mvc2 hardcore players might not enjoy this game since it does look different but let's keep in mind that we can't be stuck on a 11yr old game so we have to move on and play what's new competitively.
  • KhaosdragonKhaosdragon IronSent Joined: Posts: 1,655
    Dante/Sent/IM Team Hellsgate. Sign me up SON!!!!
    "I'd say penis vs vagina is a 10-7 matchup.....penis usually wins, but vagina has pregnancy sneak attack for lockdown...guardbreaking and unblockable on wakeup" Quote by: Nickguy
    I'm hoping that new people start posting on this thread, so far I've only seen two. On a side note, I would like to add that us mvc2 hardcore players might not enjoy this game since it does look different but let's keep in mind that we can't be stuck on a 11yr old game so we have to move on and play what's new competitively.

i played it at NYCC

i loved it

cant wait for it!!!!!!
    King of the Post-09ers
  • sterlingtemplesterlingtemple Joined: Posts: 117
    Surely this thread will get much MORE hype when the game comes out. Then again SRK might be shut down because of the traffic. Since I'm a Colossus fan I'm going with Haggar as he seems to have a little bit of Colossus and Zangief in him. Hulk seems to play like HE supposed to, he's very threatening with the damage he can inflict, regardless of the tier level in the game. Well I wanna try out Haggar, Hulk and Thor as they all seem to deliver the BLOWS.
  • Rod DriguezRod Driguez gg no t-bag Joined: Posts: 570
    ^ :lol: I fully expect this.

The site may become semi-unusable for a couple of months.
    PSN Gamertag: Juggrknott
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,172
    X23, SSkrull, (undecided)
  • TessiusTessius Scrubulous Joined: Posts: 442
    Magneto, Sent, Wesker for starters.

I just hope Mvc3 won't feel anything like SF4 did on PSN, sluggish and like you were playing underwater. While HDR and Mvc2 netcode is godlike, hope they can come close to those 2 instead this time!
    "I hope you little shits are cast into a furnace of hell-fire with your mouths duct-taped shut, while Ono repeatedly tells you he's changing the DP execution to one button." - SynikaL
  • LuteLupusLuteLupus Staying salty deep down Joined: Posts: 72
    Gonna roll with Ammy/Dante and zero

I pray that the netcode is not shit or like SSF4 or TvC. Goddamn Capcom get your shit right for once
    Jailed until I can learn a reliable reversal
    SF5 mains:Bison
    XBL:GalioGiligan
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wolverine, maybe x-23, maybe thor...basically whoever isnt too popular i will play

...and for the delusional ppl who think mvc2's netcode was better than sf4...i want some of what youre smoking

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  • TessiusTessius Scrubulous Joined: Posts: 442
    Backbone got one thing right imo, and that was the netplay. I'm from europe so granted we have a better internet but I never encountered any real problems except when fighting against geographical lag(halfway around the world games).
    "I hope you little shits are cast into a furnace of hell-fire with your mouths duct-taped shut, while Ono repeatedly tells you he's changing the DP execution to one button." - SynikaL
  • HisNameIsLHisNameIsL Your best friend Joined: Posts: 518
    Zero, Danto, and Captain America for me, baby.
  • New Era OutlawNew Era Outlaw Guntoting Superhero! Joined: Posts: 412
    Viewtiful Joe/Tron/Zero for me. I just pray they give as a third MM character as DLC.
    Mega Man/Roll - MvC----MM/Tron Bonne/Roll - MvC2---MM Trigger/Roll/Zero - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
    Zero/Sentinel/Tron - MvC3 Zero - SvC Chaos
    http://neweraoutlaw.deviantart.com

Yes, I play Sentinel. Deal with it.
  • SandraYinSandraYin Joined: Posts: 40
    Captain America/Iron Man/Thos (avengers)
    X-23/Wolverine/DEadpool (Weapon X)
    Spidey/deadpool/Dante (douchebag team)
    Thor/Hulk/Shehulk (raw powa)

And if they decide to include cyclops...someday.. Cyke/wolvie/x23 THE EFFING XMEN!
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,710 mod
    It seem that the stream will be a little different for Marvel vs Capcom 3 until they get a spectator up and running.
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
  • Nemesys_SyndromeNemesys_Syndrome What the?! Where?! Joined: Posts: 2,412
    Hopefully, they'll have a patch after.
    Hopefully, they'll have a patch after.

They have to have patch eventually. Almost all new games and old they bring out a new patch. I've heard that MVC3 will not have a spectator mode in the lobbies which I think kinda sucks. Hope they implement that change but who knows, game will be out in about a week.
  • NeedlecrashNeedlecrash Back to Basics. Joined: Posts: 2,028
    Nathan Spencer, Chris Redfield/Albert Wesker & Dante for me.
    The Gaming Confessions Blog
    Needlecrash's Youtube
    Working on leveling up. Follow me on Twitter @Needlecrash
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,050 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dunno who I will be playing..wesker/whoever/whoever
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

Captain America/Iron Man/Thos (avengers)
    X-23/Wolverine/DEadpool (Weapon X)
    Spidey/deadpool/Dante (douchebag team)
    Thor/Hulk/Shehulk (raw powa)

And if they decide to include cyclops...someday.. Cyke/wolvie/x23 THE EFFING XMEN!

please stop posting. ever.
  • Famous531Famous531 Joined: Posts: 16
    Haven't played the game as of yet, but I know I will try to master Dante for sure. Looks very interesting. Along with Phoenix and C-Viper.

Can't wait!
  • KhaosdragonKhaosdragon IronSent Joined: Posts: 1,655

omg LMAO ROFL
    "I'd say penis vs vagina is a 10-7 matchup.....penis usually wins, but vagina has pregnancy sneak attack for lockdown...guardbreaking and unblockable on wakeup" Quote by: Nickguy
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,785
    Trish/Chun-li/C.viper will be my main team or
    Trish/Deadpool/C.Viper

Morrigan/Dante/Storm
    Sentinel/Morrigan/Taskmaster
    X-23/Storm/Taskmaster

I can't wait for this game to come out.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Mika/Kolin

dunno who I will be playing..wesker/whoever/whoever

Start looking at videos son.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,050 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    why watch when I can play...RIGHT NOW! :wink:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• SandraYinSandraYin Joined: Posts: 40

hey great reply.. so full of nothing. Like your head :D

have a cookie!
    Don't bitch at me when I slap you guys across the field. :)

MAG-FUCKING-NETO, STORM and Sentinel is my main.
    hey great reply.. so full of nothing. Like your head :D

have a cookie!

Looks like the Mahvel Hype is continuing LOL!!
    Don't bitch at me when I slap you guys across the field. :)

MAG-FUCKING-NETO, STORM and Sentinel is my main.

Sorry GFB, but that team is not going to make it on this game. May be the "favorite team" but think there's other characters that are just as good or better in my opinion.
    You have yet to see their potential. Especially, Magneto.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,531 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ugh I got wait till the official release :(

I know for fact I'll by using hsein ko and dante, dunno who the last filler will be
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • Sweet PoisonSweet Poison Knowledge is power. Joined: Posts: 981
    Phoenix, Dormanu, Wesker

Being a Dhalsim player Phoenix seems intriguing.
    My hunger's never satisfied. Knowledge is what fuels me.
  • krazykrakakrazykraka Joined: Posts: 167
    All i know is that C. Viper be will be on my team. Random select the others if possible.
    Phoenix, Dormanu, Wesker

Being a Dhalsim player Phoenix seems intriguing.

I'm a hardcore Dhalsim player myself and I don't see Phoenix being intriguing. If you have ps3 play me some marvel 2 fool....I wanna see your Sim in action.
    all i know is ill be using sentinel. i like magneto, i like doom, i really like iron man, i like dante, i want to explore wesker and chris.
    King of the Post-09ers
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,433
    Dormammu and Shuma Gorath, I'll figure out teammates for them when the game comes out.
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,026
    ammy/deadpool/sent

i don't know which assists yet and the team will not necessarily be in that order.
    i mean who knows, i haven't even touched the game, don't know what the chars will "feel" like, etc.
    DA ROBOT

King of the Post-09ers
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,265
    MMS IS GOING TO BE GREAT, THE ONLY PROBLEM THEY ARE GOING TO FACE ARE SPEED CHARACTER; THEN SENTINEL MAYBE SOME 100% WON'T WORK ON HIM.

I WANTS SOME COOKIES lol
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • Sweet PoisonSweet Poison Knowledge is power. Joined: Posts: 981
    I'm a hardcore Dhalsim player myself and I don't see Phoenix being intriguing. If you have ps3 play me some marvel 2 fool....I wanna see your Sim in action.
    I am an exclusive Sim player myself on HDR and SSFIV and all other iterations that have been out. I unfortunately do not have MVC2 well not on xbox or ps3. I have it on my Dreamcast.

My logic though for being intrigued by Phoenix though is being a Sim player you have to be on top of your A game and not allow people in. You have to play a great keep away game and typically Sim normally has an answer for every type of situation. Again it depends on which game you are playing with Sim. Most would agree that ST and Alpha 3 were the best iterations. Sim has always struggled once an opponent gets in and this definitely seems the case with Phoenix with what I have read. I will be getting this on my xbox and ps3 so yeah look me up.

I'm relatively new to the versus game so it may take a little time getting use to MVC3. But make no mistake I'm a fast learner. You can look up Sweet Poison or Welcome2troyland to see my Sim in action or type in Troyicus to see all my videos I have put up.

Looking forward to playing all of you.
    My hunger's never satisfied. Knowledge is what fuels me.
  • Syke1Syke1 Prettyboy Slugfest [Remix] Joined: Posts: 12,449 mod

:rofl::rofl: I died and phoenix resurrected. Hopefully I have more life however.

Right now I'm with Ammy/Sent/Doom or Ammy/Trish/Doom
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
    doesnt seem like anyone in socal has gotten shipments of mvc3 yet