Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Comments

• smOke_ringzsmOke_ringz Joined: Posts: 15
    Sup dudes..I'm down to play whoever, whenever I'm online. And to get an idea of how good I am, I played against combofiend, and got ocv'd. Hahah So feel free to add me, I think I'm a pretty nice guy. Cali-based.

My handle: sm0ke_ringz007
    PSN: sm0ke_ringz007

UMVC3 & 3s

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • YanguriaYanguria Hello thar Joined: Posts: 5
    We just ran a set of 6. I beat you 5-1 using Deadpool (b)/Viper(a)/Mags(a) vs your Tasky/Sent/Doom and Wesk/Hag/Doom.
    The things that I noticed that you didn't not capitalize on especially when you went to Haggar/Doom were the assists. Those are some of the best assists in the game use them to free up space on the screen so Wesker can teleport and be annoying. Our last match you only called Haggar once and Doom twice also you died without burning any of your meter during X factor... Out of all your characters I would say Tasky is the strongest, get his combos down and setup your team around Tasko.

\late response
    Yeah those were interesting matches indeed,i did enjoy those sets,i learned a lot,hope to play with you again
    FIST-A-FURY
  • cecilececile Joined: Posts: 26
    Looking for more serious comp. I live Cali.

PSN: thecolortechnic
    Team: Hsien Ko/Taskmaster/Spencer
  • DC1902DC1902 Joined: Posts: 260
    is this game playable with the speed of dsl, 5 megs download cause i might get it, i don't plan on getting higher
  • ZodiacZodiac My fists pack one million volts! Joined: Posts: 308
    Down for fellow newbies or sympathetic experienced players to play with... check signature for net ID.
  • EitraEitra Joined: Posts: 77
    My Psn is The1of0
    Team Zero Dr.Doom Deadpool
  • CytexCytex Waning Moon Joined: Posts: 6
    Just started playing UMV3 2 days ago and I am looking for training partners I guess ? My PSN CytexX

I am free to play whenever I am on.
  • notoriousLEMONnotoriousLEMON Joined: Posts: 69
    Hello There!

My PSN is notoriousLEMON so feel free to add me whenever to play. I like to just play and...have fun, and of course it's still a fight but i generally play for fun and just work on things and...ya! I'm pretty fun! See ya! :)
    USF4: C. Viper & Poison
    TTT2: Hwoarang/Baek
    UMVC3: Viewtiful Joe/Magneto,Dormammu,Doctor Strange
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,183
    Hey everybody,
    I just saw this thread and wanted to try to get some matches with some people so i can improve my game. My Psn is Datdudeiceman191 and i live in oklahoma. Hope to have fun playing with some of y'all and i hope i can learn a few things.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • NeedlecrashNeedlecrash Back to Basics. Joined: Posts: 2,028
    Good games to Yeah Dood 120%, and beating me 33-8 because of his insane ass Jill. I got ocv'ed by Jill enough times to make me wonder how he does it so well.
    The Gaming Confessions Blog
    Needlecrash's Youtube
    Working on leveling up. Follow me on Twitter @Needlecrash
  • Yeah Dood 120%Yeah Dood 120% Now, 20% more pumped Joined: Posts: 1,926 mod
    Good games to Yeah Dood 120%, and beating me 33-8 because of his insane ass Jill. I got ocv'ed by Jill enough times to make me wonder how he does it so well.
    We battled? I don't recognize your name... dood!
    "A man hurls himself towards his fate, his soul ablaze! There is nothing that can hinder me!"
    UMvC3 teams: Jill/X-23/She-Hulk, Jill/Nemesis/Firebrand, Chun-Li/Jill/Iron Fist, Jill/Spiderman/Felicia
    We battled? I don't recognize your name... dood!
    Sean's Apprentice = FujiwaraDashing = Needlecrash.
    :)

I got name change on SRK.
    Needlecrash's Youtube
  • Yeah Dood 120%Yeah Dood 120% Now, 20% more pumped Joined: Posts: 1,926 mod
    Sean's Apprentice = FujiwaraDashing = Needlecrash.
    :)

I got name change on SRK.
    Ah, I see. Yeah fun set we had. Hit me up if you want to battle again. GGs... dood!
    "A man hurls himself towards his fate, his soul ablaze! There is nothing that can hinder me!"
    UMvC3 teams: Jill/X-23/She-Hulk, Jill/Nemesis/Firebrand, Chun-Li/Jill/Iron Fist, Jill/Spiderman/Felicia
    Ah, I see. Yeah fun set we had. Hit me up if you want to battle again. GGs... dood!
    I should be on sometime either tonight or 2moro. As usual, I require practice lol.
    Needlecrash's Youtube
  • whysoDinosaurwhysoDinosaur Joined: Posts: 4
    This is my first fighting game and I would like to be less of a noob.
    my handle is whysoDinosaur and i live in southern california
  • shiro-chanshiro-chan junior theorist ;D Joined: Posts: 90
    i need people to play online, i play wesker/doom/sent, magneto/doom/akuma and c viper dante doom add leon_the neon on bout 3-5 days a week in the afternoon
    mvc3: wesker/dante/akuma
    umvc3: taskmaster/wesker/doom~magneto/doom/wesker~doom/magneto/taskmaster~wesker/dante/doom~zero/any/any

bb:csex: lambda/makoto
  • SharktongueSharktongue Joined: Posts: 637
    hey anyone having trouble finding opponents or joining lobbys? for some reason i can't anymore. anyone tech savvyy? i queue up for rank and it says failed to find opponent eveyrtime or just freezes
    Real men shed blood before they shed tears.....

READ MY FAN FIC! ITs in the fan fic forum :) Leave criticisms please!

Originally posted by AmakusaShiroTokisada

An educated opinion holds a higher degree of validity than an opinion of ignorance. You may not associate a sense of right or wrong with your opinion but static truth exists regardless.

Av done by tigergenocide thnx man! :cool:
  • Aszk1ckerAszk1cker Joined: Posts: 21
    guys, please spam "ibeatyourbest". he said that "he's too good to be fought" and that his record is like "1132-11" but he's not on the leaderboards. and whenever i invite him to a match, he always dodges my challenges, trolls like him need to pay, please help me -_-
    add me on psn guys, its aszk1cker :)
  • ken123103ken123103 You're just mad because your angry Joined: Posts: 597
    Hey guys my psn is Ken123103. I am a pretty good Captain America player, and you can check out my awesome Cap youtube videos at youtube.com/ken123103. Trust me you won't be disappointed. So yeah, I just want to get some matches in with people I don't normally face, and since psn is ass with ranked match, I want people in my region also. I live on the EC, so anybody who is on EC please message me or add me and I will be glad to face you.
    UMvC3: Captain America, Spencer, Hawkeye

www.youtube.com/ken123103 <---- Amazing Captain America Videos, Check it out!

• Pile_Driver_DonPile_Driver_Don Joined: Posts: 7
    Haggs here looking for Nemesis and Virgil players. If you want to level up add me.
    Yarghh!
    My PSN: theteflondon187
  • ocelot1278ocelot1278 Joined: Posts: 2
    very new umvc3 player tired of training mode lol, in need of training bad
    psn: ocelot1278
  • Myke with a YMyke with a Y New Old Guy Joined: Posts: 19
    Hooray copy pasta!

Online a lot and sick of randoms.

I play Ryu, Nova, Frank West, Deadpool, Wesker and, uh... Phoenix Wright.

Intermediate player, need experience, general match-up knowledge, and to just play against people that know what they're doing.

30x5 internet connection when I'm home. Ethernet connection always.

XBox: Myke with a Y
    PSN: Myke_with_a_Y
  • minybob4minybob4 Joined: Posts: 9
    Hello everyone I'm minybob4
    PSN is link852258
    I live in QC
    I'm just beginning so any advice will be appreciated.
    GGS to YeahDood 120%. Sorry I had leave early, the misses needed food. Your Jill is sick man.
    Needlecrash's Youtube
  • blackwolfblackwolf Only God can judge me Joined: Posts: 39
    blackwolf1007
    30Mbps/3Mbps
    North NJ

Waz up Myke.
    Fatal error!!!!!!!! Does that mean im going to die.
  • The_Ravager21The_Ravager21 Joined: Posts: 7
    Hello I'm new to Umvc3 and I suck I need help getting better so feel free to challenge me anytime
    my psn is The_Ravager21
    Team wolverine/task master/sentinel
    psn - The_Ravager21
  • Benji41Benji41 Joined: Posts: 136
    My psn: ironbenji
    SSF4 AE 2012 Main:Guile,Dee Jay
    Back up:Balrog,Makoto
    UMVC3 Main:Mag,Storm,Task
    Back Up:Cap,Spencer,Nova
  • KronoscarKronoscar Joined: Posts: 25
    PSN: KronoscarX
    I'm on the Vita (pretty sure I can still play against PS3). Learning the game. Running Dormammu/Hulk/Wesker
    I'd appreciate any matches!
    Time zone: GMT+1
  • HokuwokkHokuwokk Y.A.O.W.A Joined: Posts: 146
    Anybody down for some Casuals? I live in Massachusetts so any East Coast players hmu or just add me on PSN...well it doesnt really matter as long as you got a good connection I guess huh?

PSN:Hokuwokk.

In need of some serious matches . Need some training .
    Welcome to the Terradome

XrdR: I-No
    SFV:???

• Saikyou PenguinSaikyou Penguin Joined: Posts: 6
    gonna post again
    PSN: SaikyouPenguin
    My new team is
    Cap
    Iron Man(Gonna change to Shuma when I get him)
    Spencer
    PSN:HybridPenguin
    Games:UMVC3
  • ChrizZChrizZ Joined: Posts: 2
    I'm looking to fight some guys who are still in the scrub stage, such as myself. Feel free to add me if you're willing to give me a shot.
    I go with Wolvy/Vergil/Raccoon, but I'm still considering characters.
    PSN:CrazedChrizz
  • SesshaZLSesshaZL 春麗 豪鬼 Joined: Posts: 1,028
    Whats the best possible team to form out of these chars? Chun storm wolvie gouki lei lei morrigan?
    50/50 post Hyoukusen mixup is dirty!!
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • Brandt BlankenshipBrandt Blankenship Joined: Posts: 14
    Hey Guys!!! I just started picking up UMVC3 and I am really bad at the game. I am spending alot of time in training mode and mission mode. I've played fighting games my whole life - even in the arcades back in the game but I am just now getting back into them about 4 months ago and I am really competitive and want to get better. I am a faster learner but I fill like I have to get some buddies to play with so we can help each other out. If anyone else is a newbie or wants to mentor me let me know. My PSN is EllusionSRK - I can't remember if there is a space after Ellusion or not but you'll get it. I don't plan on playing very many online matches until I get my team situated etc. PLEASE HELP!!!! - also I just started on a arcade stick about 3 - 3.5 months ago and I am doing really well with it but it still a challenge esp when learning a new game. AGAIN that is EllusionSRK on PSN.
  • VirulentVirulent Joined: Posts: 38
    edited March 2014
    sfsdg
    Post edited by Virulent on
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Nice Joined: Posts: 4,096
    Whats the best possible team to form out of these chars? Chun storm wolvie gouki lei lei morrigan?

Nothing that involves Chun or Hsien-Ko.

Wolverine/Storm/Akuma (team JWong) is the only functional team I see, severe lack of strong assists for any of the other characters.
    Wolv/Spencer/Akuma or Wesker/Doom/Spencer
    Spencer/Doom/Ammy or Mag/Doom/Ammy because A-bomb
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1fwva0.png
  • Good Grief!Good Grief! (LHI) Joined: Posts: 170
    Whats good? Grimy Grizzly PSN No_Defence looking to play with anyone whenever im online
    Hittin lariats in the Marriott!!!!

Wanna be pilots get swatted out the sky around I King Kong ain't got shit on Grief! www.youtube.com/GrimyGrizzly
  • Arz2003!Arz2003! PSN: Arz2k3 Joined: Posts: 196
    gg's to all the people that i played last night on rank matches
    psn: Arz2k3
  • Arz2003!Arz2003! PSN: Arz2k3 Joined: Posts: 196
    nobody plays umvc3????
    thread is dead here
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,710 mod
    CAPCOM is done with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 since the Marvel's Dev is pretty much done with the game and creating a patch will just be a hassle on their end. If an infinite is found by a player. They will not remove it. I am digging the idea.
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
  • FatMonkeyFatMonkey Joined: Posts: 18
    Sup folks,looking for someone to play Marvel with me today.I'll be playing on stream over at www.twitch.tv/karastormlive I promise to go easy on you guys lol
  • FatMonkeyFatMonkey Joined: Posts: 18
    hi everybody.just letting you wonderful amazing folks marvel folks know that umvc3 is being streamed today at the karastorm stream.You're all welcomed to come by and play and chat.Thanks guys,have a good day.:)
  • ToastehToasteh 8======D Joined: Posts: 311
    Just got umvc3 the other day and could use some people to help me get better. I suck ass atm so don't expect much DX
    I think this shit's kicking in...
  • J. AgamemnonJ. Agamemnon Standing up for the little guy one punch at a time Joined: Posts: 14
    new to srk, and pretty decent on console...
    PSN: JAgamemnon

please add me and I was wondering if anyone does any casual online tournaments?
    PSN: JAgamemnon
    Currently playing UMVC3, 3SO, Battlefield 3, KOF, ME2

Straight Outta Austin - the podcast
  • mkryumkryu Joined: Posts: 150
    guys, please spam "ibeatyourbest". he said that "he's too good to be fought" and that his record is like "1132-11" but he's not on the leaderboards. and whenever i invite him to a match, he always dodges my challenges, trolls like him need to pay, please help me -_-

1. Create a new PSN ID. (He always checks people's Trophy data before confirming a match. Too many trophies, he will dodge you. He only wants to get matched up with NOOBs. That's why you will need to create a fresh new PSN ID since reseting your battle record won't erase your trophy collection)
    2. Create a match in Ranked and search with ANY/ANY selected.
    3. Wait for him to show up in your lobby. He usually plays late at night (after midnight)
    4. Choose a team that counters his Herp Derp jumping S Ghost Rider with Hidden Missiles. Note: he always calls out his assists recklessly so he's easy to punish. I think he just mashes S + Assist button or H + Assist button.
    5. Have Fun! Taunt and t-bag during the match and be prepared to have your inbox flooded with hate mail afterwards. He will write stuff like "you're Pathetic, garbage, etc...) He won't ragequit in ranked because he knows he looses a lot of rank points. He only ragequits in the Lobbies so he can retain his skull and crossbones badge to match his Ghost Rider icon.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ragequitters-on-blast-thread-post-their-g-tags.159022/page-3#post-7495588
    1. Create a new PSN ID. (He always checks people's Trophy data before confirming a match. Too many trophies, he will dodge you. He only wants to get matched up with NOOBs. That's why you will need to create a fresh new PSN ID since reseting your battle record won't erase your trophy collection)
    2. Create a match in Ranked and search with ANY/ANY selected.
    3. Wait for him to show up in your lobby. He usually plays late at night (after midnight)
    4. Choose a team that counters his Herp Derp jumping S Ghost Rider with Hidden Missiles. Note: he always calls out his assists recklessly so he's easy to punish. I think he just mashes S + Assist button or H + Assist button.
    5. Have Fun! Taunt and t-bag during the match and be prepared to have your inbox flooded with hate mail afterwards. He will write stuff like "you're Pathetic, garbage, etc...) He won't ragequit in ranked because he knows he looses a lot of rank points. He only ragequits in the Lobbies so he can retain his skull and crossbones badge to match his Ghost Rider icon.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ragequitters-on-blast-thread-post-their-g-tags.159022/page-3#post-7495588
    just did and absolutely killed him. lol
    just did and absolutely killed him. lol
    NICE! did you get h8 mail?
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    NICE! did you get h8 mail?
    a month later and he's still doing that
    a month later and he's still doing that

Now he's gotten paranoid with fresh new PSN IDs since he must've gotten trolled like crazy since I posted this. If you have a small number of trophies, he will dodge you...but will invite you to a Player Match to see if you are any good before playing a match with you in Ranked. I accepted his fight request and picked 3 random characters, played like a noob and let him beat me. Then when I got matched up with him in Ranked, I destroyed him. LOL
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Now he's gotten paranoid with fresh new PSN IDs since he must've gotten trolled like crazy since I posted this. If you have a small number of trophies, he will dodge you...but will invite you to a Player Match to see if you are any good before playing a match with you in Ranked. I accepted his fight request and picked 3 random characters, played like a noob and let him beat me. Then when I got matched up with him in Ranked, I destroyed him. LOL
    he doesn't even do that to me on my second account he just says I'm not worthy because he's a cosmic lord :( shame because he already gives me salty messages and I haven't faced him ever :p