Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Comments

• Yeah Dood 120%Yeah Dood 120% Now, 20% more pumped Joined: Posts: 1,926 mod
    Awesome games to Sonicabid. One of the best sets I've had online. Really intense matches and a flawless connection. We'll totally have to battle again... dood!
    "A man hurls himself towards his fate, his soul ablaze! There is nothing that can hinder me!"
    UMvC3 teams: Jill/X-23/She-Hulk, Jill/Nemesis/Firebrand, Chun-Li/Jill/Iron Fist, Jill/Spiderman/Felicia
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,063
    lookin for a rival and sparring partner Death_Loner_Kage
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • Exia 00Exia 00 #deathtoanime Joined: Posts: 904
    PSN: ExiaSmasher

Add if you want to play. Skill level doesn't matter to me.
  • meepxzeromeepxzero Joined: Posts: 319
    Is it me or is there barely anyone playing this game on psn anymore? I wasn't having no problem finding people to play when the game came out :l Does xbox version have more people online playing this game now? I'm in the east coast near the md/va area.
  • BeastEGBeastEG One day, I'll realize I'm bad at FG's Joined: Posts: 405
    Howdy,

PSN I.D: BeastyEG

I'm always looking forward to playing with anyone who is looking to improve his or her game and can help me improve as well.

I'm looking to get better and would love to do dedicated practice with people. Ideally, I would like to get to the level where I could eventually go to a tourney or two and not look like complete garbage. Perhaps do sets and then discuss things regarding each other strategies and mistakes.

East Coast Time Zone
    SFV: Ryu
    VF5FS: Sarah Bryant
    GG Xrd: Ky
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa, Russia / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    it really is horrible playing this game on psn. almost everyone is wireless with really shitty connections, tons of scrubs and ragequitters, and the only decent people seem to be in lag city mexico.
  • taidai1338taidai1338 Salt Mine Foreman Joined: Posts: 61
    it really is horrible playing this game on psn. almost everyone is wireless with really shitty connections, tons of scrubs and ragequitters, and the only decent people seem to be in lag city mexico.

While this is true, I've seen better connections and less ragequitters (aside from the ones who disconnect all the time to pad their wins) the higher up in the ranks I go. Played against a couple masters and a cosmic the other day, next to no lag (and one was from japan, i'm in canada)
    I made you a combo, but I dropped it.

PSN/Steam: Taidai1338
    I assume that's the case, although I was actually talking about my experience in lobbies/casuals. You wouldn't believe the amount of ragequits I run into in freakin lobbies.
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,710 mod
    I tried to play some MvC3 but it was boring as fuck. Nothing but corner mother fuckers and running away.

lkedirty
    Supersayindru
    Yojizzle

I tried to enjoy the game but no...they just stay in one damn corner and I can't wave dash in the game cause it has that stupid auto correct bs which does random special..
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
  • Chinaman318Chinaman318 Joined: Posts: 198
    Any good to very good players want to add me for competitive matches, PSN ID: Mr_McDull

PS: I live in Louisiana, WIRED INTERNET
    I tried to play some MvC3 but it was boring as fuck. Nothing but corner mother fuckers and running away.

lkedirty
    Supersayindru
    Yojizzle

I tried to enjoy the game but no...they just stay in one damn corner and I can't wave dash in the game cause it has that stupid auto correct bs which does random special..
    lol...I've never even heard of this complaint. I think you're playing it wrong...
    lol...I've never even heard of this complaint. I think you're playing it wrong...
    How can I be playing it wrong? Then again, this is probably your game scrubby.
    How can I be playing it wrong?
    You could be playing it like all the other mvc2 losers who tried it and went "omg my top tier mvc2 team doesnt play exactly like it did in that game!!11 this one suxxors!1!!"

I mean really, complaining about people going to the corner? Like most fighting games, you WANT the other person to get stuck in the corner, it's the best place for you to have them.

And runaway? Hahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, I see what you mean I hate all those mvc3 cables who just jump back and shoot and call commando assist. Oh wait....

Seriously you sound like a week 1 scrub. It's fine if you don't want to play it (it is easier to stick to a safe haven where you don't have to learn new things, I know), but don't make stupid criticisms than can be proven wrong after spending more than a day with the game.
    You could be playing it like all the other mvc2 losers who tried it and went "omg my top tier mvc2 team doesnt play exactly like it did in that game!!11 this one suxxors!1!!"

I mean really, complaining about people going to the corner? Like most fighting games, you WANT the other person to get stuck in the corner, it's the best place for you to have them.

And runaway? Hahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, I see what you mean I hate all those mvc3 cables who just jump back and shoot and call commando assist. Oh wait....

Seriously you sound like a week 1 scrub. It's fine if you don't want to play it (it is easier to stick to a safe haven where you don't have to learn new things, I know), but don't make stupid criticisms than can be proven wrong after spending more than a day with the game.
    P. Gorath,

The only reason you're enjoying Marvel vs Capcom 3 is because you suck hardcore in Marvel vs Capcom 2. You were so terrible when we were playing. Also, Marvel vs Capcom 3 is nothing but an OTGs fest. People like yourself doesn't know how to rollover and now that it's gone. It makes it easy to land more combo after another. That's the whole reason I don't like. It takes the skills out of it. This game has no skills what-so-ever and if it did. I doubt US would be losing to Japanese players. The game is fun time to time but it gets mad boring.

Also, I don't remember seeing Cable in MvC3. Not to mention, there's a lot of people that sucks with Cable and surely I am able to handle them with my low tier. You, you just suck at the game. I can't blame you. Afterall, you think you're good at fighting game. However, as time goes by. The game is now more of a casual scene. From shooting, to racing, to RPG, and to adventure games.

As for the players that doesn't play Marvel vs Capcom 3 because it's too friendly. I respect them. I wouldn't want to play a friendly game. You guys bitch too much. This character is too OP. Nerf them. It's a good thing Japanese doesn't bitch like you guys. They learn to adapt and handle all obstacles.

I can see it now in 3rd Strike. You bitching about it.
  • Aoishi2ALAoishi2AL Joined: Posts: 280
    Bad games to Psylocke. You complained I was spamming when you have a team of Phoenix, Trish and Morrigan LMAO.

GGs to ThisGuileKillya or something.

I think I played P.Gorath the other day, not sure, gg if we did.

GoForBroke: I KNOW people enjoy MvC3 more than 2 because you can actually win with most characters.

MvC2 = 10/56 characters can actually win.

MvC3 = 39/40 characters have something abusable. Heck, 40/40 if Hsien-Ko gets hyper armor and uses senpu bu as an assist.

MvC3 > MvC2 all the way. It's just not fair when one character has fullscreen 4 frame projectile super that recovers so quick it can be linked 5 freaking times and
    Ryu can only perform one Shinkuu Hadoken.

Looking forward to 3rd Strike Online!!!
    Bad games to Psylocke. You complained I was spamming when you have a team of Phoenix, Trish and Morrigan LMAO.

GoForBroke: I KNOW people enjoy MvC3 more than 2 because you can actually win with most characters.

MvC3 = 39/40 characters have something abusable. Heck, 40/40 if Hsien-Ko gets hyper armor and uses senpu bu as an assist.

MvC3 > MvC2 all the way. It's just not fair when one character has fullscreen 4 frame projectile super that recovers so quick it can be linked 5 freaking times and

That's because the game is an OTGs which allows all character to step in and do combo and DHC's glitches.

Also, X-Factor makes a lot of difference in the game. So, that boost up the roster by a lot. The game isn't competitive but just an enjoyment.

Even if Marvel vs Capcom 2 has 10 characters. It's a hype game and I just started in 2009 and my low tier is doing straight when it comes to high/god tier battles.
  • EricGGMusicEricGGMusic Online Tournament Organizer Joined: Posts: 1,754

Since when did the amount of characters playable made a game more enjoyable?

The fighting system in MvC3 is a lot worse than MvC2.

39/40 characters are viable??? Maybe in online when people can get away with anything. Why do you think top 8 at majors only consist of also around 10 characters?
    PSN: Simply_EGGy
    MvC2: Rogue/Sent/CapCom
    3SO: Chun Li, Remy, Sean
    SSF4 AE: E.Honda, Chun Li
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,335
    UMMMM.... P. GORATH IS A BITCH.
    LETS SEE:
    4 GODS
    IRONMAN
    STRIDER
    DOOM
    SPIRAL
    CYCLOPS
    PSYLOCK
    CAPTAIN COMMANDO
    THIS ONE TIME I SAW JWONG USING SERVBOT, ROLL, AND MEGAMAN IN FINALS

CABLE GOTTA WORK FOR THOSE BARS IT'S NOT LIKE U GET IT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MATCH LIKE X-FACTOR.
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
    Since when did the amount of characters playable made a game more enjoyable?

Since Street Fighter II.
    That's because the game is an OTGs which allows all character to step in and do combo and DHC's glitches.

Also, X-Factor makes a lot of difference in the game. So, that boost up the roster by a lot. The game isn't competitive but just an enjoyment.

Even if Marvel vs Capcom 2 has 10 characters. It's a hype game and I just started in 2009 and my low tier is doing straight when it comes to high/god tier battles.

Saying a game isn't competitive but just an enjoyment makes no sense to me. Why play a game when you don't enjoy it?

I don't see what you have against OTG's.

I've played Marvel 2 since it came out circa 2001 and it's still a horrible game. Horrible music. Horrible sprites.To put it lightly, I think the guys from capcom probably got the idea from a drunken stupor they had in a jazzy xylophone bar.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. And there is nothing that low tiers can do against top tiers.
    Since Street Fighter II.
    Well, I hope you can enjoy MvC3 while you can. Top 8 at majors are already winding down to 10 or so characters. Oh yea, Chris G plays Ryu so clearly he's viable in tournament play too. That would also be like me saying VDO plays Rogue/Colossus/Ken, so all those characters are also viable in tournament play for MvC2.

Let's take a look at MvC3 characters that will be the only ones that matter.
    Wolverine
    Akuma
    Sentinel
    Magneto
    Phoenix
    Dante
    Wesker
    She Hulk
    Zero
    Haggar
    Tron
    Amaterasu
    Spencer
    Doom
    Dormammu
    Taskmaster

One half of the roster is already not playable at high level and the game has only been out for almost half a year. Like I said, enjoy MvC3 while you can because the characters in this list will only be getting shortened and shortened.

You forgot Viper, Spiderman, Trish, MODOK, Storm, Ironman, Deadpool, Thor, X-23, Morrigan, Ryu, I can keep going. I haven't seen Chris G do anything spectacular with his Chris, Ryu and whomever else, but he still wins, that and XFC makes most characters viable. (cept Hsien Ko)
    Nope, I didn't forget about them. Like I said, if you really wanted to count the characters that only 1-2 known players use at majors, then that makes the MvC2 roster even more used.

Though I will give you this, that X-Factor makes most characters viable. It also doesn't mean that players will use them either when there are BETTER characters like the ones I listed above that can make better use of X-Factor than the ones you listed. There's literally 2 people in the US that are known for using Viper. Who uses MODOK? Marlinpie's alternate team? It's an alternate team for a reason.

If you just wanna remain an online player, then I don't really have anything to argue with you. There aren't any good online players either because the netcode is so bad that no one can take it seriously. If I didn't have to press my buttons one second ahead so I could make sure they all comboed together, maybe I'd still be playing it today.
    Since Street Fighter II.

Saying a game isn't competitive but just an enjoyment makes no sense to me. Why play a game when you don't enjoy it?

I don't see what you have against OTG's.

I've played Marvel 2 since it came out circa 2001 and it's still a horrible game. Horrible music. Horrible sprites.To put it lightly, I think the guys from capcom probably got the idea from a drunken stupor they had in a jazzy xylophone bar.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. And there is nothing that low tiers can do against top tiers.

I also played Marvel vs Capcom 2 since 2001. However, I got into in 2009. I used to go to the cabinets when it was available back in the old days before it was released for XBL/PSN. I have nothing against OTG's. However, they made it where you can't roll out of it. In previous games, you had the ability to roll out of it. This one, you can't. You're locked and you'll get punished easily.

I agree, the game did had a terrible music. However, the gameplay improved vs the previous cross-over. Companies will ALWAYS, ALWAYS use the same engine/graphic when making a new game. Look at SFxTK. They're using the same graphic from SSFIV..They only created the Tekken characters and added a few extra animation on the SF's characters.

These are the following characters you'll see in the TOP 8.

Wolverine
    Wesker
    Magneto
    Phoneix
    She-Hulk
    T.Bonne (they use her for assist wise)
    Zero
    Dante
    Akuma
    Spencer

I'll tell you this. If Mago, Tokido and Daigo makes the top 3. This will be a sad story for the Marvel vs Capcom community. Especially a game that was meant for us to represent. They represent the Street Fighter Community.

People like yourself don't love the game because you get bodied easily. I understand. We all understand.

VDO, has shown us that low tier can make it to the top including Clockw0rk.
  • Shiro_420Shiro_420 Tournament organizer Joined: Posts: 4,512
    got my psn going add me

shiro420xsf
    The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn
    Long time no see Shiro. We should duke it in MvC2 time to time and some bit of XvSF and then MvC3!
  • Shiro_420Shiro_420 Tournament organizer Joined: Posts: 4,512
    I'm down add me
    The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,335
    WHAT ABOUT SENTINEL'S UNBLOCKABLE IN CORNER
    HK SUPER JUMP LP ROCKET PUNCH HP WAIT HK DOWN LASER.
    ALSO, IRONMAN'S HK SUPER JUMP UP HP DASH FORWARD HP WAIT HK INTO INFINIT
    LOL Y AM I DEFENDING MVC3.:lame:
  • DeathrangeDeathrange Joined: Posts: 2
    My Psn name is: Deathrange, anyone wanna fight for a couple of rounds? Best 3/5 for anyone who's interested. :)
    TobiSig.png
    GGs to those who I played.

As for one guy h3026w. You suck hardcore. Stop mashing and trying to beat me with your shitty Sentinel along with your xfactor and then leaving my room when I was pwning Sentinel with Magneto.
    GGs to those who I played.

As for one guy h3026w. You suck hardcore. Stop mashing and trying to beat me with your shitty Sentinel along with your xfactor and then leaving my room when I was pwning Sentinel with Magneto.
    Y DO U KEEP PLAYING THIS GAME?????????????
    Y DO U KEEP PLAYING THIS GAME?????????????
    Cause the game is GODLIKE.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ggs to viewtful joe these past few days have been fun, keep testing stuff.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

• x misogix misogi [Chupa] Joined: Posts: 249
    If anyone wants to play, i'm down. Please don't expose me!

Indiana, PSN: X_Misogi.
    PSN: X_Misogi
    Bad games to ErebusXES, lunarwolf8679, hmg_drifer and MA-rikaner.

I kicked all of your asses with and without lag and all you guys do is bitch.

Erebus if you're gonna complain about spam go play Regular Street Fighter.

MA-rikaner: you called my Ammy a scrub because she ocv'ed your team of Wolvie, Dante and Sent. You are pathetic.

Good games to Joshx1000 and nch2112 (ur spidey is really good).
  • Capi0223Capi0223 Joined: Posts: 57
    I just started playing online, and I will admit, I'm not great at this game (not even close lol) but I like to learn etc add me on PSN:

capi0223
    @ TX
    PSN: capi0223
  • Julios14Julios14 Joined: Posts: 2
    PSN= KoolJulios14
    Team- Wesker,Dante,Ironman =D
    Way to rage quit when my Zero Dorm OCV'ed your team Higher Jin or behold optic blast.

ODT or whatever: you suck. You are a lagswitcher the only reason you have 2,000 wins and 1,800 and are still a high lord or whatever.
  • OnlyWingedAngelOnlyWingedAngel Nemesis T-Type Guru Extrodinare Joined: Posts: 9,496
    PSN is Dangerexcite hit me up anytime,
    Team is Wesker,Dormmamu,Sentinel
    UMvC3: Nemesis T-Type (y)/Hawkeye (a)/Strider Hiryu (y)
    SCV: Siegfried, Nightmare, Leixia, Mitsurugi TTT2: Lei Wulong/Marshall Law
    PSN: OnlyWingedAngel
    Nemesis T-Type - Tutorial and Combo Videos Here
  • issadracissadrac Joined: Posts: 76
    Hey Guys,
    I suck badly Id like o change this
    PSN name is isadrac
    Team Dr. Doom, Dead pool and Spider man
    Time Easton PA 11:30 PM every night