Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Comments

• Pile_Driver_DonPile_Driver_Don Joined: Posts: 7
    Haggs here looking for Nemesis and Virgil players. If you want to level up add me.
    Yarghh!
    My PSN: theteflondon187
  • ocelot1278ocelot1278 Joined: Posts: 2
    very new umvc3 player tired of training mode lol, in need of training bad
    psn: ocelot1278
  • Myke with a YMyke with a Y New Old Guy Joined: Posts: 19
    Hooray copy pasta!

Online a lot and sick of randoms.

I play Ryu, Nova, Frank West, Deadpool, Wesker and, uh... Phoenix Wright.

Intermediate player, need experience, general match-up knowledge, and to just play against people that know what they're doing.

30x5 internet connection when I'm home. Ethernet connection always.

XBox: Myke with a Y
    PSN: Myke_with_a_Y
  • minybob4minybob4 Joined: Posts: 9
    Hello everyone I'm minybob4
    PSN is link852258
    I live in QC
    I'm just beginning so any advice will be appreciated.
  • NeedlecrashNeedlecrash Back to Basics. Joined: Posts: 2,030
    GGS to YeahDood 120%. Sorry I had leave early, the misses needed food. Your Jill is sick man.
    The Gaming Confessions Blog
    Needlecrash's Youtube
    Working on leveling up. Follow me on Twitter @Needlecrash
  • blackwolfblackwolf Only God can judge me Joined: Posts: 39
    blackwolf1007
    30Mbps/3Mbps
    North NJ

Waz up Myke.
    Fatal error!!!!!!!! Does that mean im going to die.
  • The_Ravager21The_Ravager21 Joined: Posts: 7
    Hello I'm new to Umvc3 and I suck I need help getting better so feel free to challenge me anytime
    my psn is The_Ravager21
    Team wolverine/task master/sentinel
    psn - The_Ravager21
  • Benji41Benji41 Joined: Posts: 136
    My psn: ironbenji
    SSF4 AE 2012 Main:Guile,Dee Jay
    Back up:Balrog,Makoto
    UMVC3 Main:Mag,Storm,Task
    Back Up:Cap,Spencer,Nova
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • KronoscarKronoscar Joined: Posts: 25
    PSN: KronoscarX
    I'm on the Vita (pretty sure I can still play against PS3). Learning the game. Running Dormammu/Hulk/Wesker
    I'd appreciate any matches!
    Time zone: GMT+1
  • HokuwokkHokuwokk Y.A.O.W.A Joined: Posts: 146
    Anybody down for some Casuals? I live in Massachusetts so any East Coast players hmu or just add me on PSN...well it doesnt really matter as long as you got a good connection I guess huh?

PSN:Hokuwokk.

In need of some serious matches . Need some training .
    Welcome to the Terradome

XrdR: I-No
    SFV:???

• Saikyou PenguinSaikyou Penguin Joined: Posts: 6
    gonna post again
    PSN: SaikyouPenguin
    My new team is
    Cap
    Iron Man(Gonna change to Shuma when I get him)
    Spencer
    PSN:HybridPenguin
    Games:UMVC3
  • ChrizZChrizZ Joined: Posts: 2
    I'm looking to fight some guys who are still in the scrub stage, such as myself. Feel free to add me if you're willing to give me a shot.
    I go with Wolvy/Vergil/Raccoon, but I'm still considering characters.
    PSN:CrazedChrizz
  • SesshaZLSesshaZL 春麗 豪鬼 Joined: Posts: 1,028
    Whats the best possible team to form out of these chars? Chun storm wolvie gouki lei lei morrigan?
    50/50 post Hyoukusen mixup is dirty!!
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • Brandt BlankenshipBrandt Blankenship Joined: Posts: 14
    Hey Guys!!! I just started picking up UMVC3 and I am really bad at the game. I am spending alot of time in training mode and mission mode. I've played fighting games my whole life - even in the arcades back in the game but I am just now getting back into them about 4 months ago and I am really competitive and want to get better. I am a faster learner but I fill like I have to get some buddies to play with so we can help each other out. If anyone else is a newbie or wants to mentor me let me know. My PSN is EllusionSRK - I can't remember if there is a space after Ellusion or not but you'll get it. I don't plan on playing very many online matches until I get my team situated etc. PLEASE HELP!!!! - also I just started on a arcade stick about 3 - 3.5 months ago and I am doing really well with it but it still a challenge esp when learning a new game. AGAIN that is EllusionSRK on PSN.
  • VirulentVirulent Joined: Posts: 38
    edited March 2014
    sfsdg
    Post edited by Virulent on
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Nice Joined: Posts: 4,100
    Whats the best possible team to form out of these chars? Chun storm wolvie gouki lei lei morrigan?

Nothing that involves Chun or Hsien-Ko.

Wolverine/Storm/Akuma (team JWong) is the only functional team I see, severe lack of strong assists for any of the other characters.
    Wolv/Spencer/Akuma or Wesker/Doom/Spencer
    Spencer/Doom/Ammy or Mag/Doom/Ammy because A-bomb
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1fwva0.png
  • Good Grief!Good Grief! (LHI) Joined: Posts: 170
    Whats good? Grimy Grizzly PSN No_Defence looking to play with anyone whenever im online
    Hittin lariats in the Marriott!!!!

Wanna be pilots get swatted out the sky around I King Kong ain't got shit on Grief! www.youtube.com/GrimyGrizzly
  • Arz2003!Arz2003! PSN: Arz2k3 Joined: Posts: 196
    gg's to all the people that i played last night on rank matches
    psn: Arz2k3
  • Arz2003!Arz2003! PSN: Arz2k3 Joined: Posts: 196
    nobody plays umvc3????
    thread is dead here
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,710 mod
    CAPCOM is done with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 since the Marvel's Dev is pretty much done with the game and creating a patch will just be a hassle on their end. If an infinite is found by a player. They will not remove it. I am digging the idea.
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
  • FatMonkeyFatMonkey Joined: Posts: 18
    Sup folks,looking for someone to play Marvel with me today.I'll be playing on stream over at www.twitch.tv/karastormlive I promise to go easy on you guys lol
  • FatMonkeyFatMonkey Joined: Posts: 18
    hi everybody.just letting you wonderful amazing folks marvel folks know that umvc3 is being streamed today at the karastorm stream.You're all welcomed to come by and play and chat.Thanks guys,have a good day.:)
  • ToastehToasteh 8======D Joined: Posts: 311
    Just got umvc3 the other day and could use some people to help me get better. I suck ass atm so don't expect much DX
    I think this shit's kicking in...
  • J. AgamemnonJ. Agamemnon Standing up for the little guy one punch at a time Joined: Posts: 14
    new to srk, and pretty decent on console...
    PSN: JAgamemnon

please add me and I was wondering if anyone does any casual online tournaments?
    PSN: JAgamemnon
    Currently playing UMVC3, 3SO, Battlefield 3, KOF, ME2

Straight Outta Austin - the podcast
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • mkryumkryu Joined: Posts: 150
    guys, please spam "ibeatyourbest". he said that "he's too good to be fought" and that his record is like "1132-11" but he's not on the leaderboards. and whenever i invite him to a match, he always dodges my challenges, trolls like him need to pay, please help me -_-

1. Create a new PSN ID. (He always checks people's Trophy data before confirming a match. Too many trophies, he will dodge you. He only wants to get matched up with NOOBs. That's why you will need to create a fresh new PSN ID since reseting your battle record won't erase your trophy collection)
    2. Create a match in Ranked and search with ANY/ANY selected.
    3. Wait for him to show up in your lobby. He usually plays late at night (after midnight)
    4. Choose a team that counters his Herp Derp jumping S Ghost Rider with Hidden Missiles. Note: he always calls out his assists recklessly so he's easy to punish. I think he just mashes S + Assist button or H + Assist button.
    5. Have Fun! Taunt and t-bag during the match and be prepared to have your inbox flooded with hate mail afterwards. He will write stuff like "you're Pathetic, garbage, etc...) He won't ragequit in ranked because he knows he looses a lot of rank points. He only ragequits in the Lobbies so he can retain his skull and crossbones badge to match his Ghost Rider icon.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ragequitters-on-blast-thread-post-their-g-tags.159022/page-3#post-7495588
  • Aszk1ckerAszk1cker Joined: Posts: 21
    1. Create a new PSN ID. (He always checks people's Trophy data before confirming a match. Too many trophies, he will dodge you. He only wants to get matched up with NOOBs. That's why you will need to create a fresh new PSN ID since reseting your battle record won't erase your trophy collection)
    2. Create a match in Ranked and search with ANY/ANY selected.
    3. Wait for him to show up in your lobby. He usually plays late at night (after midnight)
    4. Choose a team that counters his Herp Derp jumping S Ghost Rider with Hidden Missiles. Note: he always calls out his assists recklessly so he's easy to punish. I think he just mashes S + Assist button or H + Assist button.
    5. Have Fun! Taunt and t-bag during the match and be prepared to have your inbox flooded with hate mail afterwards. He will write stuff like "you're Pathetic, garbage, etc...) He won't ragequit in ranked because he knows he looses a lot of rank points. He only ragequits in the Lobbies so he can retain his skull and crossbones badge to match his Ghost Rider icon.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ragequitters-on-blast-thread-post-their-g-tags.159022/page-3#post-7495588
    just did and absolutely killed him. lol
    just did and absolutely killed him. lol
    NICE! did you get h8 mail?
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    NICE! did you get h8 mail?
    a month later and he's still doing that
    a month later and he's still doing that

Now he's gotten paranoid with fresh new PSN IDs since he must've gotten trolled like crazy since I posted this. If you have a small number of trophies, he will dodge you...but will invite you to a Player Match to see if you are any good before playing a match with you in Ranked. I accepted his fight request and picked 3 random characters, played like a noob and let him beat me. Then when I got matched up with him in Ranked, I destroyed him. LOL
    Now he's gotten paranoid with fresh new PSN IDs since he must've gotten trolled like crazy since I posted this. If you have a small number of trophies, he will dodge you...but will invite you to a Player Match to see if you are any good before playing a match with you in Ranked. I accepted his fight request and picked 3 random characters, played like a noob and let him beat me. Then when I got matched up with him in Ranked, I destroyed him. LOL
    he doesn't even do that to me on my second account he just says I'm not worthy because he's a cosmic lord :( shame because he already gives me salty messages and I haven't faced him ever :p
  • L.LL.L Joined: Posts: 31
    Hey guys I'm holding an open lobby right now pm me if you want an invite or just friend me and we can play later! Psn: achin131
    Hey guys I'm holding an open lobby right now pm me if you want an invite or just friend me and we can play later! Psn: achin131
    where abouts you from
    I don't want to lag you out plus my ps3 is being weird...
  • HanSoo417HanSoo417 Joined: Posts: 105
    PSN: HanSoo417

Just got a stick and looking for some friendly casual matches to improve my game. I'm still a complete beginner :)
    PSN: HanSoo417
  • FifeFife Scrub Joined: Posts: 126
    PSN: nosison
    im okay at marvel and a little bit rusty from a long break. lets play some gaimz!
    Sailor Samurai Mans to Exacting School Justice!
  • CaoZtarCaoZtar Joined: Posts: 2
    PSN: CaoZtar
    Just picked up Marvel 2 weeks ago. I'm a complete scrub looking for practice and tips. More use to AE. Stuck using a gamepad till I can afford an arcade stick. In FL just in case location matters to you.
  • destinydmmdestinydmm Stay salty my friends!!! Joined: Posts: 165
    CaoZtar wrote: »
    PSN: CaoZtar<br />
    Just picked up Marvel 2 weeks ago. I'm a complete scrub looking for practice and tips. More use to AE. Stuck using a gamepad till I can afford an arcade stick. In FL just in case location matters to you.

When the next time your going to be on? I'll be happy to help you out. Also, I build sticks and am also located in South Orlando/Kissimmee area. Hit me up destinydmm on PSN.

• Chukz15Chukz15 Low Tier Option select is the future. Joined: Posts: 492
    Psn:Chukz15 need someone who is at a begginer level becuase I'm sick of getting Tod every ficking time.
    PSN:Chukz15
    GFWL: Darkerfire706
    Skill level: D tier
    Injustice: Superman, Batman
    Mahvel:Nova/Vergil/Hawkeye alt Wolverine/Doom/Vergil
    SSFIV: Dan/Balrog

• razersaw36razersaw36 Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey everyone. I've played MvC3/Ultimate on/off since both versions orignally came out, mostly with just a few online friends, but I'd like to actually start trying to get better. Looking for fellow beginners/noobs to play with to gain experience(and have fun). I suck at this game. . .alot.

Ps3 tag is razersaw36
    Region: US.
    State: LA
    CT Timezone

Add me please!

PS: I prefer voice chatting on Skype than Ps3 game chat. Skype is ryan.alford36
  • BuddenOneBuddenOne Lone Wolf Joined: Posts: 83
    Lag
  • RoyRekuRoyReku 我是Noob Joined: Posts: 19
    Hey all. I'm pretty new to this game, and most fighters in general, but I'd really like to play with more people around my skill level.
    My PSN is RoyReku. I play UMVC3 and Persona 4 Arena.
    I'm from Minnesota BTW.
    UMVC3 Team : Zero, Vergil, Amaterasu
    Persona 4 Arena : Yu Narukami aka Proswagonist and Elizabeth
    BlazBlue : Noel, Jin
    Super Smash Bros Melee : Roy, Falco, Dr. Mario
    Super Smash Bros Brawl : Falco, Marth, Pikachu
    Super Smash Bros 4 : Mega Man, Rock Man, Jump n Shoot Man