Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Comments

• debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,033
    xbox ppl already have a ggs thread. yes i'm jelly.
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,545 mod
    This game is flooding Chinatown streets. Me & my boy are gonna pick up his copy this weekend. I'm still going to wait for my CE to arrive though.

Did the 360 version ship first or something?
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    no, it just leaked online. all the shit you see in chinatown are just downloaded bootlegs
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,545 mod
    No there are legit copies that are selling...
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,574
    MMS IS GOING TO BE GREAT, THE ONLY PROBLEM THEY ARE GOING TO FACE ARE SPEED CHARACTER; THEN SENTINEL MAYBE SOME 100% WON'T WORK ON HIM.

I WANTS SOME COOKIES lol

IM GOING TO HAVE THE BEST IRON MAN/SENTINEL COMBO IN DA WORYULD(dont tell khaos i said this, hell get mad because he knows its true)
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    is the 2nd M MODOK or Morrigan?

• xsbxsb Joined: Posts: 6
    I cant wait!
    psn: sbracco
    xbl: kingbrac
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,303
    im going to have the best iron man/sentinel combo in da woryuld(dont tell khaos i said this, hell get mad because he knows its true)

and i will have the best phoenix

lets hope i get good enough so i can go to evo

FUCK SCHOOL
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • Viciou$Viciou$ I'm not finished yet! Joined: Posts: 232
    Maining X-23/Storm/Wesker(Hustle & Flow), wanna tryout Hsien-ko/Sent/Chun(Made in China) and Deadpool/Sent/Dante(Fully Loaded Clip) as well.
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Lei/Jaycee
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Storm/Super Skrull/Akuma
    PSN - Akushitsu
    Av by Savaii
  • vasili0svasili0s Ο ΤΟΛΜΩΝ ΝΙΚΑ Joined: Posts: 287
    Wolverine/Deadpool/Dormammu with Taskmaster on the bench substituting Dormammu when needed !

Only a few days left, get HYPE !!!
    " In war, truth is the first casualty. " - Aeschylus

UMvC3: Magneto/Taskmaster/Sentinel
  • Ez-The-ChampionEz-The-Champion UH OH It's The CHAMP Joined: Posts: 1,379
    For some reason I get the feeling this game is going to be a great game. Played it just last night and only issue I have is adapting to button layout. Everything else looks great so hope those last people still against this game hops on the bandwagon and enjoy a great game.
    "Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"
  • reactorreactor Can't do infinites?! Resets to the rescue! Joined: Posts: 339
    I didn't properly budget my money and now I'm looking for things to sell..my brother wants it too so he wouldn't buy my gran turismo 5 :sad:
    mvc2>mvc3, cable is trash, cable>your mom, my mom>nickguy, houndiest best on psn
  • zennouxzennoux Joined: Posts: 5
    Amaterasu/Zero/Dante for me.
    Finally got to play this game at my friends house. My friend who's a manager at gamestop took home his own copy early and we were playing it. Love the game just need to get used to button layout.
    "Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"
  • deviljin102deviljin102 Joined: Posts: 240
    I'm really excited for this game. My local best buy has it, and loved playing, although it was on the 360 and the pad was horrid, I still liked it, tuesday can't come soon enough! :(
    **~** L.R.B. **~**
  • stratospherestratosphere Lone Wolf Joined: Posts: 13
    I am currently looking into using Amaterasu/Hsien-Ko/either Zero or Dante..
    UCSC YEAH!
  • sokloeumsokloeum PSN: sok13- Joined: Posts: 184
    I got it today and I've been playing it all night. It's a really fast game so the speed might catch some people off guard for a little bit. Lol, I didn't really realize how horrible Phoenix's health was until I played her. The CPU is ruthless (which is good, for once) btw.

Anyway, if anyone wants me to test something (not something unreasonable), just shoot me a message. Well, back to the addiction...

~ Sokloeum
    Skullgirls: Valentine/Cerebella/Parasoul || BBCS:EX: Platinum, Lamdba-11, Makoto || UMvC3: Hsien-ko/Morrigan/Ammy || KoFXIII: Kula/Yuri/Athena || MvC2: Sakura/B.B. Hood/Cap Com || AH3: Weiss || SF3S:OE: Makoto
    (GG:AC+: Dizzy || P4A: Chie)
  • Famous531Famous531 Joined: Posts: 16
    Got my copy today for the PS3.. Got it around closing time of this chinese store. He got a late shipment and there it was. Got the PS3 one.. Gonna get the 360 one next week.

Game is real nice man.. I love the feeling.. The fighting system has been perfected. I got kinda puzzled with the 3 button attack buttons only, but I adapted,and now it feels good.

My favorite team right now is Spencer,Dante,Viewtiful Joe. Also C.Viper, Sentinel and Dante (Great rush down)

I'm a real fan of MVC2.. Been playing it for a long time, and I must say that I thought they were going to kill the game with making it 3-d and such and such, but damn.. This shit is just perfect. It will welcome newcomers with open arms.. My boys who sucked at Marvel 2 were having fun, and the learning curve isn't as complicated (Until you fight a very skilled player)

I just hope we get DLC of more characters real soon. This game would be great with MANY other fighters. I hope Capcom cashes in a makes a ton of DLC. I will be buying all of them shits.
  • SandraYinSandraYin Joined: Posts: 40
    IM LOVING THIS GAME :D

Bye bye MVC2 , you had 10 good years.
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,710 mod
    Marvel vs Capcom2 will never die. :)
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
    Marvel vs Capcom2 will never die. :)

It truly won't.

Hello new ST.

• SandraYinSandraYin Joined: Posts: 40
    i used to play whit Captain, ironman and wolvie on MVC2

but on MVC3 they play soooo diferent.. im loving cap rigth now but im having troubles adapting to ironman and wolvie, X23 plays way more like the old wolverine.. this is so awesome
    i used to play whit Captain, ironman and wolvie on MVC2

*giggle*
    King of the Post-09ers
  • xanmatoxanmato Joined: Posts: 54
    Question: When u play against friends on PSN does it count as a ranked match, and if it does can I use it to get the 5x in a row trophy
    Question: When u play against friends on PSN does it count as a ranked match, and if it does can I use it to get the 5x in a row trophy

Are you referring to Mvc2 or Mvc3?? I know in mvc2 if you play against a friend in rank then yes it counts to get trophies. I'm sure same for mvc3.
  • metricmetric - Joined: Posts: 1,203
    Just thought I'd try my luck with finding some new VS players to learn the game with in the westcoast/central area. If you're down for some online crack sessions when the game drops throw me a friend request, lets level up!!!

MetricLA
  • MadTitanMadTitan Thanos Reigns! Joined: Posts: 1,210
    Son of a bitch.. wtf is the point of spending the time and effort to go pre-order the collecters ed.. when you discover a day before it's available that 1/2 the fucking universe already has the game.

We doing day 1 psn stream? Or we all going into danger room mode for a fews days first?
    <-Nicer than you->
  • Viciou$Viciou$ I'm not finished yet! Joined: Posts: 232
    I feel you, I cancelled my collectors ed. to get an earlier taste of dat crack.
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Lei/Jaycee
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Storm/Super Skrull/Akuma
    PSN - Akushitsu
    Av by Savaii
    i got it early, but will be trading that in along with other games for the collectors ed
    King of the Post-09ers
    ggs NickGuy sentinel is too cheese :rofl:
    ggs NickGuy sentinel is too cheese :rofl:

ggs hahah man i need to get better with someone else aside from sent though, your wolverine was eating my shit up!
    King of the Post-09ers
    I'm heart broken.. was planning on continued hulkery for mvc3.. but his inputs sank my soul. Not that they are hard.. but different.. and I've played waaaay to many games with hulk in mvc2 to every get used to that shit.. :(

Why o' why capcom would you make his gamma wave the charge move.. and gamma CHARGE the command input. wtf.. why why why switch it? I see no reason whatsoever..

No thanos :( Mix up hulks inputs :(

Anyone toyed with magnus' counter move? It looked a lot better in the vids.. counter projectiles and actually making him immune to getting hit for the duration... but its tough to tell.
    <-Nicer than you->
    I'm heart broken.. was planning on continued hulkery for mvc3.. but his inputs sank my soul. Not that they are hard.. but different.. and I've played waaaay to many games with hulk in mvc2 to every get used to that shit.. :(

Why o' why capcom would you make his gamma wave the charge move.. and gamma CHARGE the command input. wtf.. why why why switch it? I see no reason whatsoever..

No thanos :( Mix up hulks inputs :(

Anyone toyed with magnus' counter move? It looked a lot better in the vids.. counter projectiles and actually making him immune to getting hit for the duration... but its tough to tell.

I really don't know what you were thinking continuing with Hulk. Like me, I don't have my dhalsim here so you pretty much have to reinvent your own team from scratch. Maybe you just need to learn hulks learning curve since it's a new game. Personally Hulk won't do it for me here or against a shooting team.
    I really don't know what you were thinking continuing with Hulk. Like me, I don't have my dhalsim here so you pretty much have to reinvent your own team from scratch. Maybe you just need to learn hulks learning curve since it's a new game. Personally Hulk won't do it for me here or against a shooting team.

Not anymore since they took the armor from fwd gamma charge.. plus to get the full distance now you have to do the followup. I'm not gonna take hulk seriously in this. I want to play pheonix so much and she is gonna be so much work to keep alive. But I can't wait to hear "I can't control it!!" and then go ape shit bonkers on people...lol

Dormammu is also looking pretty crispy.. as well as magnus.
    <-Nicer than you->
  • r0kzztarr0kzztar AV by Lolerskates Joined: Posts: 822
    Game is addicted been playing for a couple of days... finally sunday i was able to play online and it sucks... it doesnt play at full speed ... i got dssaponited...
    GG's Sok and nickguy yesterday...
    Hear these words awake:
    "Make the most out of your day
    for brief is the time, so brief is the time
    that we are allowed to stay "
    - SENTENCED, Lopakka.
  • vasili0svasili0s Ο ΤΟΛΜΩΝ ΝΙΚΑ Joined: Posts: 287
    gg's sok13, that first of 20 turned into a first of nearly 50 right ? LOL addiction to say the least. Drill clawing diagonally with a dive kick in turn on your sentinel theoretically seems sound, course it's a different story trying to implement it :>

The lag was fairly minimal at least in our matches, especially considering he's in Seattle and im in Greece, only in a mere handful of matches was the lag directly evident. Make sure you guys are running directly via ethernet first, then you'll be free to complain :p
    " In war, truth is the first casualty. " - Aeschylus

UMvC3: Magneto/Taskmaster/Sentinel
    regardless of lag spikes, the game does play significantly slower online
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,922
    yeah if you want just add me online today. All i have to do is go pick it up
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

• KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,192
    i got it, who wants it
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Right now it's gonna be Taskmaster, Wesker, and Spencer. Gonna see how that goes before I change it up.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • flytai45flytai45 Joined: Posts: 217
    Yo if anybody is looking for some games just hit me up/send a friend request or w.e. I'm usually available
  • sokloeumsokloeum PSN: sok13- Joined: Posts: 184
    GGs r0k and vasili0s, those were all great matches. Vasili0s, we should do an actual ft50 next time. Given our luck, it might turn up to be a ft75 though, lol. The only lag I had was against vasili0s, but like he said, it's just the huge distance between us. Despite that, it's really minimal so only precise execution combos drop. Besides those games and about 2 or 3 matches online, I've had practically no lag whatsoever in all my other matches. Oh yeah, r0k, just like you said, Dark Phoenix with X-Factor and Healing Field is scary if she rushes you down. I hate her broken status, but she's so much fun to play that I had to create a team around her.

I think the online system is fine, but it'd be even better with Spectator Mode (not going to even try for the 8-man lobby trophy until that is fixed), having sending invites mapped to the square button, and a network sorter for Ranked Mode. Oh, and a better situation sorter for Ranked Mode. It sucks having to play against the same person who constantly pwns you again and again for like 3+ games (and losing all of them). They're not the same skill level if they have a really high win percentage, have far more wins than you, and are a higher rank than you.

Ahem, sorry for the little rant on the online >.>. Anyway, I'll be heading online right now so if anyone wants to play me, send me an invite.

~ Sokloeum
    Skullgirls: Valentine/Cerebella/Parasoul || BBCS:EX: Platinum, Lamdba-11, Makoto || UMvC3: Hsien-ko/Morrigan/Ammy || KoFXIII: Kula/Yuri/Athena || MvC2: Sakura/B.B. Hood/Cap Com || AH3: Weiss || SF3S:OE: Makoto
    (GG:AC+: Dizzy || P4A: Chie)
  • Mickey117Mickey117 Joined: Posts: 10
    Is simple mode going to be an option during ranked matches? I sure as he'll hope not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    ggs hahah man i need to get better with someone else aside from sent though, your wolverine was eating my shit up!

When my copy arrives Amaterasu is coming for your neck nigga :rofl:

I am having an issue with connecting with certain players and the game lags like crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy. It will run smooth then laggy as fuck. :(

I had fun with Renique and Johnny.

Sentinel is SUPER cheap. Lol..I already have the whole shit down listed. Gotta get the muscle memory going. I am testing out my control setup.

L M A1
    X H A2

Post urs out
  • Project_KProject_K I am Kris Ron Joined: Posts: 231
    Here's my joystick setup:

L H A1
    M S A2

Similar to MvC2's button scheme.

Oh by the way, add me up on PSN if you guys wanna get some games in. I also do live streaming on justin.tv, so come by and check it out. Thanks guys!

PSN: KrisRon
    Justin.tv: KrisRon's Daily Fight Festivities on Justin.tv
    Teams: Dantefiend (Mag/Dante/Sent) Danthrax (Storm/Sent/Dante) MSD (Mag/Storm/Dante) ??? (Zero/Skrull/SpiderMan)
    When my copy arrives Amaterasu is coming for your neck nigga :rofl:

if you can get past my magnum and doom rocks BRING IT.

seriously chris/doom/sent work so well together they are so lame lol. but man, x-23 gets in my shit for free :(

ggs to r0k, skrull pisses me off already haha dat grab
    King of the Post-09ers
    This game is SUPER easy and I'm raping nOObs left and right. Came across this one guy with a 27-2 record and he knew his shit inside out. Holler at your CHAMPION for some action!!!
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    fuck is this shit :mad: cant join or create rooms

reset EVERYTHING now :mad:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

Online is being a bitch. I can't connect to a lot of players. :(