Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Comments

• krazykrakakrazykraka Joined: Posts: 167
    All i know is that C. Viper be will be on my team. Random select the others if possible.
  • Ez-The-ChampionEz-The-Champion UH OH It's The CHAMP Joined: Posts: 1,379
    Phoenix, Dormanu, Wesker

Being a Dhalsim player Phoenix seems intriguing.

I'm a hardcore Dhalsim player myself and I don't see Phoenix being intriguing. If you have ps3 play me some marvel 2 fool....I wanna see your Sim in action.
    "Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,730
    all i know is ill be using sentinel. i like magneto, i like doom, i really like iron man, i like dante, i want to explore wesker and chris.
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,489
    Dormammu and Shuma Gorath, I'll figure out teammates for them when the game comes out.
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,039
    ammy/deadpool/sent

i don't know which assists yet and the team will not necessarily be in that order.
    i mean who knows, i haven't even touched the game, don't know what the chars will "feel" like, etc.
    DA ROBOT

King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,325
    MMS IS GOING TO BE GREAT, THE ONLY PROBLEM THEY ARE GOING TO FACE ARE SPEED CHARACTER; THEN SENTINEL MAYBE SOME 100% WON'T WORK ON HIM.

I WANTS SOME COOKIES lol
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • Sweet PoisonSweet Poison Knowledge is power. Joined: Posts: 981
    I'm a hardcore Dhalsim player myself and I don't see Phoenix being intriguing. If you have ps3 play me some marvel 2 fool....I wanna see your Sim in action.
    I am an exclusive Sim player myself on HDR and SSFIV and all other iterations that have been out. I unfortunately do not have MVC2 well not on xbox or ps3. I have it on my Dreamcast.

My logic though for being intrigued by Phoenix though is being a Sim player you have to be on top of your A game and not allow people in. You have to play a great keep away game and typically Sim normally has an answer for every type of situation. Again it depends on which game you are playing with Sim. Most would agree that ST and Alpha 3 were the best iterations. Sim has always struggled once an opponent gets in and this definitely seems the case with Phoenix with what I have read. I will be getting this on my xbox and ps3 so yeah look me up.

I'm relatively new to the versus game so it may take a little time getting use to MVC3. But make no mistake I'm a fast learner. You can look up Sweet Poison or Welcome2troyland to see my Sim in action or type in Troyicus to see all my videos I have put up.

Looking forward to playing all of you.
    My hunger's never satisfied. Knowledge is what fuels me.
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    please stop posting. ever.

:rofl::rofl: I died and phoenix resurrected. Hopefully I have more life however.

Right now I'm with Ammy/Sent/Doom or Ammy/Trish/Doom
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    doesnt seem like anyone in socal has gotten shipments of mvc3 yet
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,039
    xbox ppl already have a ggs thread. yes i'm jelly.
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    This game is flooding Chinatown streets. Me & my boy are gonna pick up his copy this weekend. I'm still going to wait for my CE to arrive though.

Did the 360 version ship first or something?
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

no, it just leaked online. all the shit you see in chinatown are just downloaded bootlegs
    No there are legit copies that are selling...

MMS IS GOING TO BE GREAT, THE ONLY PROBLEM THEY ARE GOING TO FACE ARE SPEED CHARACTER; THEN SENTINEL MAYBE SOME 100% WON'T WORK ON HIM.

I WANTS SOME COOKIES lol

IM GOING TO HAVE THE BEST IRON MAN/SENTINEL COMBO IN DA WORYULD(dont tell khaos i said this, hell get mad because he knows its true)
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    is the 2nd M MODOK or Morrigan?

• xsbxsb Joined: Posts: 6
    I cant wait!
    psn: sbracco
    xbl: kingbrac
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,325
    im going to have the best iron man/sentinel combo in da woryuld(dont tell khaos i said this, hell get mad because he knows its true)

and i will have the best phoenix

lets hope i get good enough so i can go to evo

FUCK SCHOOL
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • Viciou$Viciou$ I'm not finished yet! Joined: Posts: 232
    Maining X-23/Storm/Wesker(Hustle & Flow), wanna tryout Hsien-ko/Sent/Chun(Made in China) and Deadpool/Sent/Dante(Fully Loaded Clip) as well.
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Lei/Jaycee
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Storm/Super Skrull/Akuma
    PSN - Akushitsu
    Av by Savaii
  • vasili0svasili0s Ο ΤΟΛΜΩΝ ΝΙΚΑ Joined: Posts: 287
    Wolverine/Deadpool/Dormammu with Taskmaster on the bench substituting Dormammu when needed !

Only a few days left, get HYPE !!!
    " In war, truth is the first casualty. " - Aeschylus

UMvC3: Magneto/Taskmaster/Sentinel
    For some reason I get the feeling this game is going to be a great game. Played it just last night and only issue I have is adapting to button layout. Everything else looks great so hope those last people still against this game hops on the bandwagon and enjoy a great game.
    "Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"
  • reactorreactor Can't do infinites?! Resets to the rescue! Joined: Posts: 339
    I didn't properly budget my money and now I'm looking for things to sell..my brother wants it too so he wouldn't buy my gran turismo 5 :sad:
    mvc2>mvc3, cable is trash, cable>your mom, my mom>nickguy, houndiest best on psn
  • zennouxzennoux Joined: Posts: 5
    Amaterasu/Zero/Dante for me.
    Finally got to play this game at my friends house. My friend who's a manager at gamestop took home his own copy early and we were playing it. Love the game just need to get used to button layout.
  • deviljin102deviljin102 Joined: Posts: 240
    I'm really excited for this game. My local best buy has it, and loved playing, although it was on the 360 and the pad was horrid, I still liked it, tuesday can't come soon enough! :(
    **~** L.R.B. **~**
  • stratospherestratosphere Lone Wolf Joined: Posts: 13
    I am currently looking into using Amaterasu/Hsien-Ko/either Zero or Dante..
    UCSC YEAH!
  • sokloeumsokloeum PSN: sok13- Joined: Posts: 184
    I got it today and I've been playing it all night. It's a really fast game so the speed might catch some people off guard for a little bit. Lol, I didn't really realize how horrible Phoenix's health was until I played her. The CPU is ruthless (which is good, for once) btw.

Anyway, if anyone wants me to test something (not something unreasonable), just shoot me a message. Well, back to the addiction...

~ Sokloeum
    Skullgirls: Valentine/Cerebella/Parasoul || BBCS:EX: Platinum, Lamdba-11, Makoto || UMvC3: Hsien-ko/Morrigan/Ammy || KoFXIII: Kula/Yuri/Athena || MvC2: Sakura/B.B. Hood/Cap Com || AH3: Weiss || SF3S:OE: Makoto
    (GG:AC+: Dizzy || P4A: Chie)
  • Famous531Famous531 Joined: Posts: 16
    Got my copy today for the PS3.. Got it around closing time of this chinese store. He got a late shipment and there it was. Got the PS3 one.. Gonna get the 360 one next week.

Game is real nice man.. I love the feeling.. The fighting system has been perfected. I got kinda puzzled with the 3 button attack buttons only, but I adapted,and now it feels good.

My favorite team right now is Spencer,Dante,Viewtiful Joe. Also C.Viper, Sentinel and Dante (Great rush down)

I'm a real fan of MVC2.. Been playing it for a long time, and I must say that I thought they were going to kill the game with making it 3-d and such and such, but damn.. This shit is just perfect. It will welcome newcomers with open arms.. My boys who sucked at Marvel 2 were having fun, and the learning curve isn't as complicated (Until you fight a very skilled player)

I just hope we get DLC of more characters real soon. This game would be great with MANY other fighters. I hope Capcom cashes in a makes a ton of DLC. I will be buying all of them shits.
  • SandraYinSandraYin Joined: Posts: 40
    IM LOVING THIS GAME :D

Bye bye MVC2 , you had 10 good years.
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,710 mod
    Marvel vs Capcom2 will never die. :)
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
    Marvel vs Capcom2 will never die. :)

It truly won't.

Hello new ST.

• SandraYinSandraYin Joined: Posts: 40
    i used to play whit Captain, ironman and wolvie on MVC2

but on MVC3 they play soooo diferent.. im loving cap rigth now but im having troubles adapting to ironman and wolvie, X23 plays way more like the old wolverine.. this is so awesome
    i used to play whit Captain, ironman and wolvie on MVC2

*giggle*
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • xanmatoxanmato Joined: Posts: 54
    Question: When u play against friends on PSN does it count as a ranked match, and if it does can I use it to get the 5x in a row trophy
    Question: When u play against friends on PSN does it count as a ranked match, and if it does can I use it to get the 5x in a row trophy

Are you referring to Mvc2 or Mvc3?? I know in mvc2 if you play against a friend in rank then yes it counts to get trophies. I'm sure same for mvc3.
  • metricmetric - Joined: Posts: 1,203
    Just thought I'd try my luck with finding some new VS players to learn the game with in the westcoast/central area. If you're down for some online crack sessions when the game drops throw me a friend request, lets level up!!!

MetricLA
  • MadTitanMadTitan Thanos Reigns! Joined: Posts: 1,210
    Son of a bitch.. wtf is the point of spending the time and effort to go pre-order the collecters ed.. when you discover a day before it's available that 1/2 the fucking universe already has the game.

We doing day 1 psn stream? Or we all going into danger room mode for a fews days first?
    <-Nicer than you->
  • Viciou$Viciou$ I'm not finished yet! Joined: Posts: 232
    I feel you, I cancelled my collectors ed. to get an earlier taste of dat crack.
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Lei/Jaycee
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Storm/Super Skrull/Akuma
    PSN - Akushitsu
    Av by Savaii
    i got it early, but will be trading that in along with other games for the collectors ed
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    ggs NickGuy sentinel is too cheese :rofl: