SUPERCADE IS AMAZING!!!! Supercade over GGPO

14567810»

Comments

• papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    edited May 2013
    It definitely is. We plan to run nki test on it but we need a lagless monitor and a 60fps camera.

However just running the numbers, for the crouching RH nki test, the RH should show up at 5 frames using this emulator, verse arcade's 4~4.5 frames.

That is assuming you have a lagless monitor (CRT VGA or iiyama B2206 / E2201W / 2210).

Using the EVO asus monitor will introduce 8ms of lag (around half a frame)

Also the game speed is a little bit faster on the emulator compared to arcade.

DGV found that setting the game speed to 96% would most closely resemble the arcade speed.

I personally think that if the button mapping can be made a little easier (like HDR) it would be ideal to use in tournament.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    wowwhat ain interesting find
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • BonkiBonki Ruff Joined: Posts: 32
    Yeah a more convenient button mapping would be great but not like HDR. That shit fucks you over lol
    RЯRЯRUF! !! !! ! !!!
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    I liked HDR mapping system, but that dumb ps3 glitch was really retarded. I like the way Skull Girls does it. That game overall has fantastic presentation.

Honestly, as long as the TO is familiar with schmupmame, changing inputs would take no less than 30 seconds. Majority of most players wouldn't mind using the same stick, since a majority of us are used to either Sanwa/Sanwa combination or Seimitsu/Sanwa.
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Can you please post config files for MAME and Schupmame? I'm using MAME in Linux, but it seems really laggy. Or my monitor sucks.

Other question: will I get less input delay if I disable sound in both GGPO and Supercade emulators?
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    credits go to DGV

screenshot2013050214310.png
    screenshot2013050214320.png
    screenshot2013050214322.png
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • BoggleMindsBoggleMinds Joined: Posts: 335
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure about MAME, but ShmupMAME worked pretty much with all default settings for me. I think CPS2 games are known to be still slightly laggy on MAME due to the way the drivers are written, but this is not an issue with ShmupMAME. To me, ShmupMAME feels the closest to arcade of any system I've tried (this includes HDR on Xbox). And this is despite monitor lag, USB lag and so on. It still feels way more reponsive than FBA -- on the order of like three or four frames less lag, I'm guessing.

The disabling sound doesn't do anything as far as I know in FBA. It was discovered by SaBrE back in 2008 when FBA was first used on GGPO, but it turned out to be a placebo fix. IIRC the effect is only noticeable when you framestep in the emulator, but not when you actually play normally.

What I'd like to know is if more recent versions of FBA have fixed some of the input delay issues (e.g. with ST) and if so whether at some point we could get GGPO to use these newer version(s). Probably not happening given how busy Ponder is these days with this startup.
    "My first visit to an arcade changed my life. It was such a sensational experience. The fact I got to play with total strangers and connect with them through the game enthralled me." --Daigo Umehara

www.youtube.com/Guoguodi
    GGPO Handle: Gizzle
14567810»