SUPERCADE IS AMAZING!!!! Supercade over GGPO

Comments

• damdaidamdai www.damdai.com Joined: Posts: 1,079
    Pause is the pause button on windows keyboard, near or same as scroll lock, i forget. Can't rewind.
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Any plans for displaying inputs? Input watcher does not work with the version that comes with Supercade.

Just to be sure, I wanted inputs for replays, only. I consider it cheating to just check on screen which buttons are being help by your opponent. At the very least, you had to use peripheral vision back in the day, or just stop checking the screen itself.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    ggs blitz i always wanted a full session with you, with the proper pheriperal(stupid 360 controller), sorry for leaving like this the other day, my wife was not in the mood, can we play this saturday?... i'm back to SC in order to play with people that usually can't play on ggpo and brazilians(yes oldschool, we have to play soon).
    Pause is the pause button on windows keyboard, near or same as scroll lock, i forget. Can't rewind.
    you can add a wiki in the future, something like www.damdai.com/supercade/wiki. thus, every knowledge about supercade in general can be shared from user to users.
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • Coth_XCoth_X G(x) = (3/(1-3x)) - 3 - 3x - 27x^2 Joined: Posts: 4,340
    you can add a wiki in the future, something like www.damdai.com/supercade/wiki. thus, every knowledge about supercade in general can be shared from user to users.

That's a good idea actually.

I kind of wish SC was free select though, T2 is just too fast and some of the regulars prefer to play on that speed.

Sent from my Samasung Epic via Tapatalk
    "The purpose of proof is to understand, not to verify." - Arnold Ross
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416 <--- Coolest Game Ever!
  • just_dont_knowjust_dont_know follower of the don't give a fuck cult Joined: Posts: 3
    i have both starcade for 3rd strike cause ggpo doesn't quite cut it on that. ggpo for most everything else though.
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    Love the new layout damdai. Feels more like an IRC client now. Also love the replay tab.
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
  • IsegrimIsegrim Inglorious Joined: Posts: 56
    Am I the only one who can't log in into SUPERARCADE "or" GGPO ?

This is so annoying... I absolutley don't know why
    3rd Strike: Main Urien / Remy, Gouki, Necro
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Main: Gouken / Evil Ryu, Oni
    Street Fighter V: Main Laura / Karin, Necali, Vega

"In Sprache, Schönheit, Gewalt, Einprägsamkeit, Wahrheit und vernichtender Erkenntnis in meinen Augen ungeschlagen."
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    Am I the only one who can't log in into SUPERARCADE "or" GGPO ?

This is so annoying... I absolutley don't know why

check the FAQ's for each program. They list common errors with using either program, and I would start there. Most likely the correct ports on your router aren't opened up yet. If nothing works, check their forums, it's a pretty high chance that someone else has the same problem as you.
    check the FAQ's for each program. They list common errors with using either program, and I would start there. Most likely the correct ports on your router aren't opened up yet. If nothing works, check their forums, it's a pretty high chance that someone else has the same problem as you.

That's the point. I forewarded many ports of both programs for months. It seems like I'm absolutely not alone with the log in error. In both boards there a couple of people who never seen something else than the log in screen. But the developer don't and I have no clue since I searched several months before for a solution

The only way for me is to play via MAME but there are just a few people who play 3S or something like that.
    And often the PING is so different

"In Sprache, Schönheit, Gewalt, Einprägsamkeit, Wahrheit und vernichtender Erkenntnis in meinen Augen ungeschlagen."
    Some ISPs around here block certain ports and just refuse to open them. It is stupid. When I traveled abroad to meet some relatives, their ISP not only blocked almost every port, but also blocked any MAC addresses that were not registered. In the end, some ISPs add so many "security measures" - such as firewalls you have no control of - which hinder your full internet access so that it may be troublesome to get some of those programs running.

Some routers and modems come with HW firewall, and you may have to read through their manuals in order to disable them.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    Besides Brasil, who still plays Supercade? honestly its not that bad, but it gets a 7, Arclive is a 8, n GGPO is a solid 9

In theory offline is 10 but no one plays ST offline HA!

btw, anyone knows what emulator Arclive use? ST is very smooth in it
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    Besides Brasil, who still plays Supercade?
    I have seen a few Europeans - usually French - and a couple of players from USA.

I find it nice that I do not need to have open ports for it, which allows me to play when behind a router. However, since no-one uses it, I am forced to wait till everyone turns off the machines so I can plug the modem directly in my computer.
    but u must agree u cant compare the smooth of GGPO against it, cuz its ppl not know how to set up GGPO the main reason why they think supercade is better
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    The issue is the first thing I do is to actually "disable" GGPO by setting the smoothing parameter to 0 delay. Both seem to work the same way, with GGPO set that way. The only noticeable difference is that GGPO will make some noises when the connection or the like fails and you miss inputs. In Supercade, there is no telling your inputs are getting eaten.
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    Problem with GGPO is it uses Final Burn Alpha which has a input delay of 1 frame even offline. Supercade uses it was well...shame he didn't use MAME, but MAME's savestates are silly.
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
    FINALLY Supercade (Only) works for me... I didn't changed anything of port settings etc. I just has started to work.

Glad to get some competition.

• djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    How can I be in one room ONLY? I dont wanna be in every single room.
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    How can I be in one room ONLY? I dont wanna be in every single room.

If you're talking about chat rooms, on the left side, right click on the game you want like ST and choose "Join Chat".

If you're talking about all games being visible, right click on any game and choose "Hide Missing Games".
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,626
    If you're talking about chat rooms, on the left side, right click on the game you want like ST and choose "Join Chat".

If you're talking about all games being visible, right click on any game and choose "Hide Missing Games".
    Probably more related to you being available in every room you have a rom for.
    I just got rid of all roms except ST since getting random challenges for breakers gets annoying after a while when you've only played it once on a whim.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
    If you want only in for example... only be available in 3rd Strike chat Room... you have to make a folder where is only 3rd Strike and choose this folder voa preference in SUPERCADE.

So, now you receive only challenges from the SF3 competitors.

make a new folder (Supercade SSFT2) n put in there the zip files needed to run ST, I have in it 3 zip files, make it ur default folder, click scan n now u just must only appear in the ST room

u can put the rest of games in another folder (SupercadeLeftovers) n switch them when u want to play other games
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    Oh I thought you could just enable the games you want to be available for. Bah Ill just move the ST rom then.
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    ArcLive is Shit.
    no, its not, its a great option besides GGPO, but u know what is actually shit? to whine about this:
    Hello,

My name is "TheUtilityGirl" I am 23 year old "girl gamer". This is about my experience with the Street Fighter community and specifically ST and GGPO.

I have been playing arcade and console games since I was a child. I remember going into an arcade as a child and seeing all the pretty lights and noise and just mashing my fingers onto a happ button on a old big woodie cabinet.

Gaming was a big part of my family for as long as I can remember. My father brought home our first Genesis and Street Fighter II Special CE when I was around 7 years old. I kept wondering what this game was. I never really played It in Arcades till I was much older. I just remember mashing kicks with Chunli or Spamming Blanka Electricity and Ken\`s Fireball. Till one day I kept dropping quarters into an arcade machine. I was hooked at a very young age I guess you could say. I have loved playing street fighter ever since.

As I was growing up I played the MK games and CvS2 as well. But when I was 19 I found ST. You could say it was love at first sight I guess. Before ST I was competitive but after ST it was a burning desire to become as strong as I could. If playing ST with a few friends was falling in love then playing ST on GGPO was like getting married. I was exposed to a level of play and community that I had never experienced before. This was right after Ponder released ST on ggpo so I was able to witness the second age of ST.

I call ST on GGPO the second age for one main reason. It unified all the scattered players from all over the internet and small local communities into one single place. HSF2 on Xbox Live was dead at this point and outside of Japan there were only small communities of players in Cali, AZ and some on the east coast as well.

I experienced something playing ST on GGPO that i had never had before. The thrill of competition and the adrenaline surge when you are pushing your limit playing a strong opponent. Experiencing some of the strong OG\`s like Calipower, GigaMSX, JumpSuitJesie, CigarBoB and DJfrijoles to name a few was amazing. This was also the first time we had access to some top Japanese ST players as well. In the beginning of GGPO ST the room would constantly have over 100 players. Watching Jodim and GigaMSX war it out with Dictator vs Zangief was just amazing. They made the game look nothing like the same game I was playing. This made me want to push even harder to learn more.

I will admit that I was a total scrub in the beginning. Playing all of the characters in the game and trying to learn everything all at the same time became a problem. It was Ganelon that was the first top player that took the time to sit me down and talk to me about how to learn to play ST. His first advice to me was to pick one character and move from there. I kept getting small pieces of advice in the chat and in game from random people.

One particular player became my friend and ST mentor and that was CigarBoB. While some player gave me advice here and there, CigarBoB actually spent time with me and explained the game in a way that I could understand. I feel like this was a turning point for me. I was finally able to experience the game like a top player. My skill level wasn\`t there yet but I was working on it every day. With CigarBoB\`s help I worked on my game and moved to playing Ken, Fei and Claw. I was getting better and better and started to take games off some of the stronger players. There was still a large gap in skill but I could feel myself getting stronger and stronger.

At this point HDRemix was coming out soon and the Beta had been released. GGPO was getting more and more popular as people were coming on to get brushed up for its release. The community and skill level had never been higher. More and more Japanese were coming on. American player were constantly improving and getting closer and closer to their Japanese counterparts. It was truly an amazing thing to be able to witness.

Up until this point my experience with ST on GGPO was really positive. I had met a few good players that befriended me and that I still call friends. Then HDRemix was released and this is where being a \"Girl Gamer\" finally became an issue.

Upon the release of HDRemix almost all of the "OG`s" left GGPO for HDRemix. This caused something to happen to GGPO that I didn\`t expect. Without the "OG`s" in the GGPO community the younger and weaker players became the dominant force. This also brought a flood of sexism in as well. All of the sudden I am being called trash for just being a woman. People spamming sexist remarks like "Tits or GTFO" and calling me UtilityBitch and other creative names. I was being told constantly that I could never be good at this game because I lacked a penis. I guess you need one to become a strong player in ST, or any game for that matter.

This continues to this day. In response I began to fight back in the chat as well. Calling the sexist players out and going off on them. What am I to do? I love playing ST but what GGPO has become is just a shallow empty version of its old glory. Now very few "OG`s" are left to keep the kids in place so they just keep swarming. No matter how hard I fight back it never ends.

I often feel that this is a problem with online gaming on all platforms. Any time that a girl Is playing in a group you either get "Hey wanna cam" or "I didn`t know they had computers in the kitchen now". I am sure that many people are thinking that these remarks are funny. How would your own mothers react to you treating a woman like this in real life? Would she be proud of you for how you are acting? My love for competitive ST hasn`t faded one but.

My love for the community that surrounds the game has become almost nonexistent at this point. When I do win games my male opponent will often lie about the results. When I call them out on it I just get called a bitch and a liar.

In this, and many communities similar to this, the females have to put up with so much just to play a game they love. Either you hide your gender and just play or you show that you\`re a female and get harassed constantly. My love for ST is no less than anyone on GGPO. I have played for days at a time with very little sleep because I was so engrossed in the game and improving at the same time.

For me this is an end to the Second Age of ST. This is a very sad time for me because I love the game and I love what the community was at one point. I don’t know if I will leave like so many have in the past but how long can I take this type of abuse from so many of the other players?

Lets FT10 if u dare *evil face*
    Not sure where this article goes, but meh, whatever, time to necro this bitch.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/08/24/game-developer-magazine-ggpo-technical-deep-dive/

Anybody have a subscription to Game Dev? Maybe Kuroppi? I'm curious as to what makes GGPO tick and why it's considered to be one of the premiere netcodes for playing fighting games online.
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,730
    are vs games on supercade? id play it if it had mvc1 (or 2...)
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    are vs games on supercade? id play it if it had mvc1 (or 2...)
    mvc2 is made in Sega NAOMI, which neither GGPO or SuperCade support, only mvc1 is available in both plataforms
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,730
    mvc2 is made in Sega NAOMI, which neither GGPO or SuperCade support, only mvc1 is available in both plataforms
    e5255944.gif

probably for the best, imagine all the macro/programmable pad Fagnetos there would be....
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    anyone has recently used supercade? its been ages since the last time I used it, btw, ppl should ask to damdai to use MAME as the main emulator n not FBA
  • WolmarWolmar Joined: Posts: 184
    what's the diff apart from the game list ?
    Against Balrog, it determine the direction Shoryu fist input is difficult. Has been condemned to the left orinput, so right. I try to issue a reversal is born so firmly command you miss wandering.
  • Turn A TurnTurn A Turn Joined: Posts: 26
    I thought FBA had +1 frame input delay, is that why?
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Only real differance between GGPO and Supercade is the netcode really, usually depends on who you ask which has it better. They use the same emulator, so there isn't any gameplay differances, plus GGPO can run any game FBA supports but you just gotta cheat a little. Personally, Supercade is worse than GGPO, the netcode is a little finicky + there are not as much players as on GGPO. Definetly still worse than 2df was, why did you do it, Damdai?
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
  • CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 889
    It is the same code as 2df, just a different name
    disabling sound gives u -2 franes of delay, it has to do with fba being unable to properly emulate Q sound
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    I played a couple games on Supercade recently. I'm getting much better reactions on it over GGPO, on GGPO it feels like people get to jump in on me for free, pretty frustrating.

BTW, Bastard, I know it was posted 7 months ago but for the record, I have asked Damdai about switching to MAME but he said that netcode isn't officially supported so he'd have to choose a fork and doesn't know which is best and then doesn't know if Supercade could easily be built into it. If you could find a fork with networking support with good documentation that wasn't forked a billion other times, he is willing to look into it.
  • TheSeanAlfeTheSeanAlfe You gettin' better! Joined: Posts: 68
    There's Mame Plus! Plus Kaillera, which is a fork of a fork (Mame Plus!). And then there's Houba Plus! Plus Kaillera, which is a fork of that, but I believe it has better documentation. If I'm not mistaken, those are the most well known, closest forks and are both currently up-to-date with MAME.
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    How are those versions for input lag? Are they as good as shmupsmame? If only shmupsmame was netplay enabled.
  • TheSeanAlfeTheSeanAlfe You gettin' better! Joined: Posts: 68
    There's no added input lag for either of them. At least according to my test. They performed the same as MAME.
  • BoggleMindsBoggleMinds Joined: Posts: 335
    edited May 2013
    I posted this in the HDR forum but probably should have posted it here instead. Anyway, I just tried ShmupMAME (http://shmupmame.wordpress.com/) and the difference coming from Final Burn Alpha used on GGPO is like night and day. There's basically no input delay with ShmupMAME, compared to horrible input lag (which we've known about for years) with FBA. The thing with ShmupMAME is it's been designed to remove as much input delay as possible, focusing especially on shmups, but they've also apparently made fixes to CPS2 drivers which allow games like ST to run very smoothly and feel extremely responsive.

I know moving to some version of MAME for GGPO is not happening ever, but it's pretty disheartening when you switch between ShmupMAME and GGPO-FBA and feel the huge difference. I'm not sure if the latest versions of FBA have incorporated any input delay fixes for CPS2/ST, but I doubt it. We might be stuck using this outdated emulator forever.
    "My first visit to an arcade changed my life. It was such a sensational experience. The fact I got to play with total strangers and connect with them through the game enthralled me." --Daigo Umehara

www.youtube.com/Guoguodi
    GGPO Handle: Gizzle
  • BonkiBonki Ruff Joined: Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info. I'll try that right now

edit: Now I can definitely feel the difference. I ran Grand Master Challenge and just smooth gameplay.
    Would you say its the closest thing to the actual arcade version?
    Post edited by Bonki on
    RЯRЯRUF! !! !! ! !!!
    I've been preaching the good word of Shmupmame all weekend up in NorCal. We played on it pretty heavily during casuals, and it felt as close to arcade-perfect ST as you can get without having to buy an arcade cabinet, supergun, or DC with proper dipswitch settings.

The thing that I noticed is that the speed of the game seems to be different from laptop to laptop. So you'll need to adjust Turbo speed settings accordingly.