Military Surveillance: The Chris Video Thread

jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
My first thread so excuse the mediocre title, just not wity like that. Ill try my best to compile all chris footage here and constantly update the OP.

Btw Im changing up the set-up, instead of posting 50 matches from one tourney by the same player ill just post one, and you guys can just check the rest in the respective playlist. I figured this place might get clustered after a while so ill just keep it this way, unless anyone has other ideas.

Comments

• jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
  • Crimson CobraCrimson Cobra Gigas Breaker!!! Joined: Posts: 1,653
    not much love for chris at those events huh?
    SSF4AE: Zangief/Evil Ryu
    SFXT: Poison/Zangief
    BB: tager
    UMVC3: Nemesis/Akuma/Arthur
    lol actually there is a lot of gameplay almost everyone had chris on their team at a point, just not much that is very good gameply so i wont bother posting that stuff.
  • GcYoshi13GcYoshi13 #1 PTX-40A Pilot Joined: Posts: 1,489
    I made a combo video:
    I hide my fraudulence with cool characters that no one else seems to like

I am sponsored by Marvelous Customs. Their dual mod services are top notch, and they make customizable sticks/frames/plexiglass covers. They also sell parts and T-shirts. Check them out: http://marvelouscustoms.com/
    Good shit bro, ill update the OP asap.
  • Max StoutMax Stout Joined: Posts: 3
    I've been working on my Chris recently. He's a beast, but I think you need to be patient with him. He seems clumsy and slow at first, but he's a ballistic powerhouse.

The name's Stout.

Max Stout
  • dgowendgowen Joined: Posts: 71
    YouTube - PoorMansComboVideo - Task, Skrull, Chris

I made a vid of my 'team'. The vid includes some super basic chris/team synergy combos. Stuff I actually can hit in matches :-)

Nothing too awesome like GcYoshi, hat was nice stuff! I'm hoping to see more gameplay vids soon.
    Updated, one question though, does the tenderizer into grenade launcher work outside of the corner?
  • dgowendgowen Joined: Posts: 71
    The Grenade Launcher hyper combo is strange. I believe that combo I showed will only work on characters with big hitboxes... I can probably make a list at some point of who it does and does not work on.

So far, I've been able to hit full combo on Cap and Skrull I believe (or Skrull was KO'd before it could finish?) *Edit* I was trying this out more and if you time the tenderizer correctly it works on Ryu too! There are 2 was to hit this... Either (1) the 2nd shot hits on the way up or (2) the tenderizer leaves them in a juggle state long enough to be hit by the 3rd grenade shot. Interesting stuff *end edit*

You're actually better off using a well timed Sweep Combo (or the Level 3) off the the Tenderizer. From mid screen, I'm pretty sure you can do the d.H (Gun Shot), Tenderizer, Sweep Combo. It's hard to set up outside of a corner though.

Chris is actually really good at cornering someone if you get a launcher. His super jump is pretty awkward... it's long (as in body wise) so it catches the opponent and moves you with them and it goes pretty far horizontally too. One launcher can nearly take you to the corner. One good thing to do (though I cannot hit it consistently yet) is something I caught off of a Trag13 video. He does a launcher into j.M, j.M, j.H, Air Magnum... this causes bounce for an easy relaunch. I think this will have your opponent cornered in no time.

This game is very fun in thinking up combos... I just got an idea while typing this...

I wonder if you could do: Launcher, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S, Call Skrull, d.H (gun shot), Grenade launcher, x-factor cancel, sweep combo or maybe even something cooler... I feel like that would have good damage.

I haven't played around too much with x-factor... again, with my poorly shot, mediocre combos, I was just hoping to maybe inspire people good at the game to come up with some interesting stuff :)
  • DenokuDenoku Joined: Posts: 64
    The Grenade Launcher hyper combo is strange. I believe that combo I showed will only work on characters with big hitboxes... I can probably make a list at some point of who it does and does not work on.

So far, I've been able to hit full combo on Cap and Skrull I believe (or Skrull was KO'd before it could finish?) *Edit* I was trying this out more and if you time the tenderizer correctly it works on Ryu too! There are 2 was to hit this... Either (1) the 2nd shot hits on the way up or (2) the tenderizer leaves them in a juggle state long enough to be hit by the 3rd grenade shot. Interesting stuff *end edit*

You're actually better off using a well timed Sweep Combo (or the Level 3) off the the Tenderizer. From mid screen, I'm pretty sure you can do the d.H (Gun Shot), Tenderizer, Sweep Combo. It's hard to set up outside of a corner though.

Chris is actually really good at cornering someone if you get a launcher. His super jump is pretty awkward... it's long (as in body wise) so it catches the opponent and moves you with them and it goes pretty far horizontally too. One launcher can nearly take you to the corner. One good thing to do (though I cannot hit it consistently yet) is something I caught off of a Trag13 video. He does a launcher into j.M, j.M, j.H, Air Magnum... this causes bounce for an easy relaunch. I think this will have your opponent cornered in no time.

This game is very fun in thinking up combos... I just got an idea while typing this...

I wonder if you could do: Launcher, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S, Call Skrull, d.H (gun shot), Grenade launcher, x-factor cancel, sweep combo or maybe even something cooler... I feel like that would have good damage.

I haven't played around too much with x-factor... again, with my poorly shot, mediocre combos, I was just hoping to maybe inspire people good at the game to come up with some interesting stuff :)

I'm still working on Chris. I have a hard time using him online. I probably should practice more with combos I've seen on here and make a few of my own. I was just going to add this. You can X-factor during the :d::h:, so you could just skip the Grenade Launcher combo all together, maybe. I've tried canceling into X-factor from a :d::h: and I can't get the timing down. But maybe it's something you could experiment with. I also may be mistaken with :f::m:
    MvC3 - Wesker, Dante, Taskmaster

MK9 - Quan Chi
  • PolybiusPolybius Joined: Posts: 274
    Combofiend played a pretty nice Chris on WNF last night.

11:50, 45:00 & 1:29:30 (2 matches in a row)
    Justin.tv - offcast - Wednesday Night Fights Season 2 Opener
  • KrsJinKrsJin Cheat Kune Do Joined: Posts: 1,347
    ^Thanks for the time stamps.

Since there aren't many vids up, here's an older video of my early Redfield. Main difference now is I'm trying to use hyper meter more with him and like doing boulder punch combos more now haha.

Number one chief rekka.

Live in Colorado or plan to visit? Check out www.extrafresh.net
    @PolyBius: Thanks for finding the matches for me, ill post em asap.

@Krsjin: Good chris play there, thanks for posting it, is that your page? Cause I can make an extra tab for pages with primarily chris play if your page is dedicated to mostly chris.
    ^Oh nah, not my page, it's our local community's thing, so anyone here can throw up their stuff. And thanks for the compliment.
    Number one chief rekka.

• IkeTakedaIkeTakeda PJS IkeTakeda Joined: Posts: 103
    Btw... here my vids.

^Nice! Been using that combo with Spencer to grenade hyper as well, but have been doing the L boulder punch. That M one actually looks like it nets more damage though, I'll have to check.

That second one with Sent assist to finish it was raw.
    Number one chief rekka.

• GcYoshi13GcYoshi13 #1 PTX-40A Pilot Joined: Posts: 1,489
    I run the exact same team as Ike haha

I made a combo video a few days ago, here it is:

I hide my fraudulence with cool characters that no one else seems to like

I am sponsored by Marvelous Customs. Their dual mod services are top notch, and they make customizable sticks/frames/plexiglass covers. They also sell parts and T-shirts. Check them out: http://marvelouscustoms.com/
    Keep em coming guys, classy music choice btw, oh and if anyone knows of any dedicated chris channels, just post em here and ill make a channel tab.
  • RyodragoonRyodragoon EAT THAT HO! Joined: Posts: 990
    there was another SA tourney today, where I got 3rd. I forgot my camera to see about recording, but most of my matches were on the stream, so they got recorded there, albeit choppily.
    Justin.tv - Alamo Gaming - Broadcasting LIVE on Justin.tv

My matches are at
    0:00 -the backwardsness gets fixed, dont worry
    37:30
    51:50
    1:52:00

Did okay with Chris, I didnt know that the ground bounce combo didnt really work on sent.
    I run the exact same team as Ike haha

I made a combo video a few days ago, here it is:

I dun run sent :(.
    ^Nice! Been using that combo with Spencer to grenade hyper as well, but have been doing the L boulder punch. That M one actually looks like it nets more damage though, I'll have to check.

That second one with Sent assist to finish it was raw.

Also M boulder does more dmg and scales less then L boulder.

Though L boulder net more meter, you can easily get that replaced meter from chip.
    Also I had that Chris/spencer combo from Day 1 of Marvel ;3.
  • RyodragoonRyodragoon EAT THAT HO! Joined: Posts: 990
    I thought I was special after finding it out, then I saw you use it. lol
    I was sad.
  • SlayersliceSlayerslice Joined: Posts: 1,666
    wtf everything I play on mvc3 combofiend also plays the same character, I also play spencer and chris and dormammu lol its really cool
    Streetfighter X Tekken: I was raised on Tekken.
  • KingHippo42KingHippo42 Da King Joined: Posts: 1,158
    ...lol do we all play Chris-Spencer!? xD
    Injustice: Deathstroke
    It seems to be a pretty potent combination, I wish i liked spencer cause he seems to really help chris out.
  • SlayersliceSlayerslice Joined: Posts: 1,666
    I mean when you pick Spencer/Chris white costume, it really has the same color white as if they are in the same squad orsomething
    Streetfighter X Tekken: I was raised on Tekken.
    Both character benefit each other. Combo/Assist wise.
  • ReversRevers Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello, I'm new here and last night I made a combo with Chris+Trish Assist. It's easy and powerful.

The first part: Magnum+Trish assist+ Magnum 330k damage and it is very useful. If you are closer can follow the combo with dash and :f::mp: and cancel the shoot only with assist's supers, not with normal super.

PD: Sorry if my english isn't good enough
  • Kelter SkelterKelter Skelter the kelly skelly Joined: Posts: 2,844
    Hello, I'm new here and last night I made a combo with Chris+Trish Assist. It's easy and powerful.

The first part: Magnum+Trish assist+ Magnum 330k damage and it is very useful. If you are closer can follow the combo with dash and :f::mp: and cancel the shoot only with assist's supers, not with normal super.

that's a pretty good magnum set up.

I would probably save the meter (unless it would kill) and just hit the 2 magnums then tiger knee a 3rd.
    GRFGC.com - FGC in Grand Rapids, MI
  • cambosamcambosam Joined: Posts: 273

you can do the same combo without an assist and it takes more damage. grenade M, standing magnum, grenade explodes, another standing magnum, satellite laser. you can also add 2 more magnums without assists... after the second standing magnum jump forward magnum, another standing magnum, and then satellite laser.
    Justin.tv - Level|Up Live - WNF Season 2 Finals MVC3 SOCAL 27 minutes in, our boy andrew making a name for chris, I think with some more practice he(andrew) will be a force to be reckoned with. Of course Im extremely biased so that statement means very little.
  • Lord ZaldivarLord Zaldivar Joined: Posts: 96
    Yeah, that was me. I'm actually featured at around 48 minutes into Part 2 against Tatsu and at the beginning of Part 3 against Justin Wong under a different handle, AZ (my initials). I know, I know - both games could've gone in my favor, but I'm still trying to get over my jitters, ride out the momentum and clutch it out. Despite that, I was able to place 7th with Chris on point, beating Magneto, Wesker, Hsien-Ko, Sentinel, Taskmaster, Super-Skrull, Akuma, Wolverine, Dante and pretty much all the big threats except for Phoenix because I didn't run into one (I actually wanted to play against P.Gorath/Clockw0rk in tournament to see how Chris fairs). So Chris can definitely compete against all characters.

There should also be some matches of myself losing in the past at UCI ranbats over on FADC under AZ. I've leveled up since then, but Offcast promised to upload several matches of myself winning during the next go-around - whenever that is. Maybe I'll bump this thread when that happens. If not, just check the site periodically any way.
    lol yea not to tell you what you already know but duuuuuude, you broke my heart man. It was like watching the spurs lose with 0.4 left on the clock all over again. But its all good, its not like you got bodied, you held your own. I uploaded the UCI vids already with time stamps to your matches, quite a few impressive wins there.

On a slightly related note, got any tips for wesker? You could just PM me if you don't wanna derail this thread.
  • cambosamcambosam Joined: Posts: 273
    @Lord Zaldivar
    congrats on making top 8! you've become a much better player with your team. those loses really suck but that's part of the game i guess? at least you know you can stand toe to toe with the best players. you really need to stop dropping your chris combos, something you'll get better at as you get more comfortable.
  • SimpleKissSimpleKiss Getting Hit in the Mouth Joined: Posts: 1,005
    Semi Finals from a Recent NC Tournament:
    Damn it feels good to be a gangster (kitten)

Good shit bro, although I believe chris can get a full relaunch combo off a connected haggar assist, and just outta curiousity why is sentinel on your team? He didn't seem to fit the overall synergy of your team.
  • ll.ndll.nd Joined: Posts: 431
    Justin.tv - 2GoodGaming - CSULB 2GG SMACKDOWN 1.2
    some chris play from me and iketakeda.
    Justin.tv - 2GoodGaming - CSULB 2GG SMACKDOWN 1.2
    some chris play from me and iketakeda.

Cool, ill try to find and post all the time stamps(plus separate them into you and ike), but any and all assistance is welcome.
  • #reload#reload huh Joined: Posts: 853

gotta stop doing random nade launcher supers and just save your meter
  • SimpleKissSimpleKiss Getting Hit in the Mouth Joined: Posts: 1,005
    Good shit bro, although I believe chris can get a full relaunch combo off a connected haggar assist, and just outta curiousity why is sentinel on your team? He didn't seem to fit the overall synergy of your team.

That's not me; it's my friend.
    Damn it feels good to be a gangster (kitten)
  • my_name_is_bettermy_name_is_better Frank West Joined: Posts: 476
    Winback sure can make a comeback looks hella flashy. That grand finals match was great too. Regarding chirs, I like how you killed that sentinel with the manly boulder punch combo.
    Boulder punching, Zombie Bashing and InterGalactic Court Trials have never been this fun.
    "Dont let this defeat get into you, I defeated monsters 100x more badass than you" - Chris Redfield.
    "What do you mean I dont belong here? I've covered wars y'know." - Frank West.
    "LOL MEGAM - There is no wright or wrong here, there is only the truth." - Phoenix Wright.
    That's not me; it's my friend.

Cool, well then ignore my previous statement.
  • nappydudenappydude Joined: Posts: 538
    Winback trust in Chris man, i have! And he is my point in most of the matches, but yea u have a point in switch characters in one of Chris's bad match up.
    Friend or foe!!!
    gotta stop doing random nade launcher supers and just save your meter

He's trying to be like mehh
  • HeroicHeroic Joined: Posts: 15
    Sup guys, fairly new around here but I have run into a few of you online, mainly GcYoshi and some others. Anywho I've been running Wesker Spencer Chris which works pretty well, I got some footage from the Fight for Relief tourney on the Norcal side which starts around 1:55:00.

Justin.tv - Fight for Relief - Fight for Relief: A Charity Tournament for Japan

Two rounds, not too much Chris action besides the end of the first round, but Chris is my favorite and I wanna level up my game with him. I missed the Spencer bionic maneuvers super after the wesker otg for the DHC trick tho but still won the match with Chris. Also screwed up the boulder punch to lvl.3 but still landed it anyway lol. The match finishes on the second part of the stream but not too much to see there. Any feedback would be appreciated :tup:
  • Chris_CarterChris_Carter Joined: Posts: 12
    Justin.tv - FunkyP Streams - Atlanta Revival 4/30

I just recently placed 4th at a tournament called Atlanta Revival using Chris/Haggar/Doom. Hopefully this footage will be of some use to someone who wants to improve their play.

I don't think it is shown in the video, but Chris Redfield with Doom plasma beam assist works very well together because you can call the Doom assist to extend Chris Redfield's Bread and Butter after the otg shot and then finish the combo with standing magnum. (you can then combo standing magnum into his level 3 if you have the meter)

Having Doom as an assist also leads to better corner mixup options for Chris if you call the assist simultaneously with 2C (otg shot) to finish your combo. Having strong options in the corner is necessary with Chris in my opinion because you can put your opponent in the corner with 1 combo from nearly anywhere on the screen, where you can then apply these tactics. (source: Chris Redfield advanced tactics in the Marvel Bible)
  • Seany_BoySeany_Boy Forward Joined: Posts: 201
    I've been collecting my videos into whatever tournaments they came from.

AZ Ranbat 1.1
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Haz-mat 2v2 tourney. I teamed with Sabre and we were team wombo combo. (His videos are really good).
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    This was a first to ten money match vs Danimitsu.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=9004E1B85A6D44D1

Critique is welcome
    My ssbm combo vids - Sheik
    - Falco '06
    Good stuff man, thats a lot of top notch chris play, Ill update the OP when I get back in.