Crimson CobraCrimson Cobra Gigas Breaker!!!Joined: Posts: 1,653
post the best videos showing just what arthur is capable of
SSF4AE: Zangief/Evil Ryu
SFXT: Poison/Zangief
BB: tager
UMVC3: Nemesis/Akuma/Arthur

Comments

• MoFroMoFro Ecks Twenty Three Joined: Posts: 464
    I hope the Adam Sessler video isn't the first one here.
    UMVC3: Ghost Rider-β, X-23-β, Vergil-γ | SSF4AE: Sakura
    XBL: MoFroGT | PSN: MelloFellow13
  • Crimson CobraCrimson Cobra Gigas Breaker!!! Joined: Posts: 1,653
    I hope the Adam Sessler video isn't the first one here.

why would it be?
    it doesn't tell you anything at all about arthur
    except that he can fight in his underwear
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
    The quality is a tad sub par but the gameplay is pretty good image plus lol at the commentary. Oh and looks like arthur is gonna be very sick indeed, dude was playing a sick keepaway game without the help of any assists, granted the other dude was trying to get in without assists so i guess it evens out.

And here are a couple CES vids

• Arkeen757Arkeen757 Joined: Posts: 243
    Yeah it looked like the other guy had no idea how to use his assists to get in on Arthur, but it was still some great keep away play.
  • MoFroMoFro Ecks Twenty Three Joined: Posts: 464
    Haha, that first video is one I hadn't seen. "You don't fuck with the golden bracelet! That is some serious fucking jewelry!"
    UMVC3: Ghost Rider-β, X-23-β, Vergil-γ | SSF4AE: Sakura
    XBL: MoFroGT | PSN: MelloFellow13
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
    Haha, that first video is one I hadn't seen. "You don't fuck with the golden bracelet! That is some serious fucking jewelry!"

Yea that line had me in stitches.
  • Doktor42Doktor42 Joined: Posts: 78
    Just a casual aside, but I hope you could organize the videos with spoiler tags in the first post.

Having them organized with tags like "pre-release" "combos" "tournaments" etc would be helpful.
  • Gimpyfish62Gimpyfish62 Master of Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,820
    gotta rework the formatting in the first post it's all messed up.
    "He's the Tony Stark of Captain America." ~Bokkin
  • grokslamgrokslam Bison Dollar$$$$$$$$ Joined: Posts: 489
    his gold armor bottle assist with chun's dash's causes for some sweet crossup legs mixups
    ssf4: chun/guile
    mvc3: Wolverine/Storm/Akuma
    melty: H-Akiha

MARVEL 3!
  • SmilaxSmilax You're a Poop Smith Joined: Posts: 41
    All the shenanigans from the front page.
    Nerd Josh vs Marn
    Shoryuken - Marvel vs Capcom 3 Online "Replay" - Marn vs Nerdjosh
    A.B.A. Nemsicles. Victor/Lei Lei. Benimaru. HAY

:360::360::hk: The 720 ass grab.
  • OmegablackmageOmegablackmage Joined: Posts: 128
    nerdjosh will be a lot better with arthur when he starts using his other projectiles beside lance and dagger. there are a lot of situations in those matches where the crossbow and axe would have helped a lot. He also needs to dhc out with gold armor and use his assist more. I realize its very early, im sure he'll pick up on these things as he plays more.
  • Gimpyfish62Gimpyfish62 Master of Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,820
    i was thinking those same things myself - axe and crossbow are super important
    "He's the Tony Stark of Captain America." ~Bokkin
  • Reipin PillageReipin Pillage Lover of thigh highs Joined: Posts: 2,826
  • eltwopeeeltwopee Learn 2 Play Joined: Posts: 1,578
  • JakartaJakarta Joined: Posts: 44
    You don't need X-Factor to do that "loop." You just cancel the previous Goddess Bracelet at around 2 hits before it ends, so when the combo counter says 18, 38, 58, etc. It costs a mighty chunk of your bar though.
  • skemar007skemar007 Joined: Posts: 302

Everyone has probs seen this now
  • Kreative MenteKreative Mente GamerTag: Kreative Mente Joined: Posts: 590

Everyone has probs seen this now

Yeah someone posted that vid like 3 posts above yours lol
    Mika/Ibuki (One Day) - Orchid/Everyone Else - Nova/Spencer/Doom
    Youtube: cg219 | Follow Me @KreativeMente
  • tragtrag The Scientist Joined: Posts: 674 mod
    Let's go Arthur!

• UltimaShadowUltimaShadow My Little Oni Joined: Posts: 848
    "The tragedy of all losers is that they THOUGHT they were on the verge of victory..."~ Joe the Condor
    SSF4AE Main: Oni (Sub: Cammy)
    UMvC3 Team: Nova/Frank West/Vergil (or Ghost Rider/Rocket Raccoon/Hawkeye)
  • lordvaatilordvaati Friendly Neighborhood Smash Player Joined: Posts: 173
    PASBR:PaRappa,Drake
    TVC: Yatter/Roll
    Brawl:Wario, DeDeDe
    meleee: Mario(main), Peach(2nd)
    Project.M:Mario, Lucas,Mewtwo
  • MattyMatty matty2dfraud Joined: Posts: 2,646
    Let's go Arthur!

Could you add the inputs to the descriptions?
    wut.
  • BrahmaBrahma Get it on Joined: Posts: 519
    WNF 1.3 - Mike Ross vs. Spartan - Some really solid Arthur keepaway here with Doom rocks.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
  • Ace_AttorneyAce_Attorney Logic & Objections Joined: Posts: 101
    Could you add the inputs to the descriptions?

Here.
    "In the Fighting Community System, two separate yet equally important groups maintain the peace. Mods that investigate Posts, and Attorneys that prosecute Trolls." These are their stories...
  • Crono_SteelShadeCrono_SteelShade Joined: Posts: 123
    Obvious post: Arthur combo vid by persona

• MajenXMajenX Metsu Shinryuken Joined: Posts: 186
    Wow... this really sucks (I mean the fact that arthur is getting no real exposure...)
    Victory means nothing... The fight, is everything - Ken Masters
    Wow... this really sucks (I mean the fact that arthur is getting no real exposure...)

what do you expect
    most people shun the zoning/keep away play style and prefer a more rushdown related one
  • grandragrandra Joined: Posts: 73
    new video of arthur in a tournament on frame-advantage from 4/2/2011

Hat Paul vs 72B @ Strike First Saturdays #1 - MvC3
  • A2ZOMGA2ZOMG Joined: Posts: 126
    That's some pretty great Arthur play! Very intelligent use of the axe especially and good meter management. =)
  • BronzefistBronzefist Spews random garbage Joined: Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Seriously about time we started seeing some match vids of him again. Thanks for the link!
    THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FIGHT TO THE DEATH...
    MvC3: She Hulk, Thor, Hulk, Haggar lariat assist, Arthur dagger assist
    SSF4: Gen, Makoto, Adon...all at scrub level :sad:
  • RealpolitixRealpolitix a.k.a. Captain Rocket Joined: Posts: 505
    One of my WNF 3.1 matches. There are two more somewhere in the archive.

Justin.tv - offcast - WNF 3.1: Real Politix Vs. Duey

Dropped Deadpool combos, womp womp.
    The only thing that's low-tier is your opinion.
  • A2ZOMGA2ZOMG Joined: Posts: 126
    Meh it was pretty sloppy. Exciting stuff though, and we need more of this stuff given how unpopular Arthur is. I loled at the X factored Level 3 comeback. I love how that move just KILLS bad assists.
  • BrahmaBrahma Get it on Joined: Posts: 519
    Lv 3 kills good assists too. Arthur with 3+ meters and XF is a pretty damn scary anchor.

One interesting thing I saw was :b::h: then jumpin with XF. Looks like you can jump soon enough after pulling it out to make it useful with XF.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
  • Tofu WarriorTofu Warrior Today is close Joined: Posts: 1,149
    One of my WNF 3.1 matches. There are two more somewhere in the archive.

Justin.tv - offcast - WNF 3.1: Real Politix Vs. Duey

Dropped Deadpool combos, womp womp.

You're a really good player, not just a good Arthur; it's clear to me that you're thinking actively about your actions and your opponent's actions. James Chen noticed it too. Against Phoenix though, you have to remember to snap her in and kill her at every opportunity. Everyone forgets this. Unfortunately, outside of Deadpool, your team isn't really equipped to do that because it's primarily a zoning team. But yeah, your priority should always be to kill her first, burn the meter, burn the X-Factor, whatever it takes.
    You're a really good player, not just a good Arthur; it's clear to me that you're thinking actively about your actions and your opponent's actions. James Chen noticed it too. Against Phoenix though, you have to remember to snap her in and kill her at every opportunity. Everyone forgets this. Unfortunately, outside of Deadpool, your team isn't really equipped to do that because it's primarily a zoning team. But yeah, your priority should always be to kill her first, burn the meter, burn the X-Factor, whatever it takes.

Thanks for the tips and compliment Tofu. I may think actively, but my execution cost me the match vs. Duey. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. :sweat:

I'll be going heavily into the lab with snap-in mix-ups (especially vs. Phoenix), I'll make sure that bitch doesn't get an orb off.
  • Josh-TheFunkDOCJosh-TheFunkDOC Double Dutch! Joined: Posts: 2,404
    Yeah, I normally use Arthur on point but am thinking about making him an anchor vs. Phoenix teams. I also play Dante so he's a natural for point there - gets snapback from anything and has one of the best matchups vs. Phoenix.

Good stuff Realpolitix, please don't drop Arthur like everyone else!
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-speedrunning - My live stream, mainly speedruns w/ some other stuff now and then
  • adam_primeadam_prime Tiger DESTRUCTION!!! Joined: Posts: 87
    Man no recent tournament vids? For shame! How badly I wish MvC3 had match recording, I had some real good ones today with Arthur on anchor pulling off some mean X-Factor Lv 3 + Gold Armour shenanigans.
    UMvC3: Captain America, Frank West/Hulk, Arthur/Firebrand
    SSFIV: Sagat
  • ChomPChomP Joined: Posts: 113
    Mind sharing them?
    Tournament players really don't like arthur or see him as much of a contender
    Well are they wrong?

I don't play on anywhere considered a "high level" but he's fun as hell to use. He's so unlike the rest of the cast that I can understand him being unpopular.
  • GoddessBraceletGoddessBracelet Great Magic! Joined: Posts: 772
    Do any of you guys play on XBL? I can't get to any tournies at the moment otherwise I would be out there showing Arthur some love. It would be fun to get some practice games in with you all and share the Arthur frenzy.
    Eh, I haven't been going to WNF due to a broken stick. I'm working on Deadpool/Ammy/Arthur now, it hilarious how well Arthur's daggers cover Ammy, she goes right under them. Arthur is probably the last person I'd remove from my team, he's probably the most "broke" character on it.
    Eh, I haven't been going to WNF due to a broken stick. I'm working on Deadpool/Ammy/Arthur now, it hilarious how well Arthur's daggers cover Ammy, she goes right under them. Arthur is probably the last person I'd remove from my team, he's probably the most "broke" character on it.

Are you working on DHC glitching into Gold Armour with Deadpool? I haven't really tried it in an actual combat, I always go for the easier damage. Plus I don't know if it's my timing, but I'm having a hard time landing a bottle after the air series into Goddess Bracelet. Besides that, it consumes three meters (Cutting Time, Gold Amrour, Goddess Bracelet) and I feel like that's not efficient just to kill one character. I dunno, what do you think? I typically avoid it. I'd rather just combo from Trigger Happy into Goddess Bracelet if I need tag one out and then the other.

I agree, Arthur would be the last person I'd remove from my team. He's so X-Factor lol! I've won way too many matches where I've been outplayed, then went with Gold Armour XFactor to come behind a kill three characters... or just projectile opponents to death.
    When Arthur is full screen and fully powered up with meters, it's almost a done deal.... unless that character has a teleport or another way to quickly get in.
    Are you working on DHC glitching into Gold Armour with Deadpool? I haven't really tried it in an actual combat, I always go for the easier damage. Plus I don't know if it's my timing, but I'm having a hard time landing a bottle after the air series into Goddess Bracelet. Besides that, it consumes three meters (Cutting Time, Gold Amrour, Goddess Bracelet) and I feel like that's not efficient just to kill one character. I dunno, what do you think? I typically avoid it. I'd rather just combo from Trigger Happy into Goddess Bracelet if I need tag one out and then the other.

I agree, Arthur would be the last person I'd remove from my team. He's so X-Factor lol! I've won way too many matches where I've been outplayed, then went with Gold Armour XFactor to come behind a kill three characters... or just projectile opponents to death.
    When Arthur is full screen and fully powered up with meters, it's almost a done deal.... unless that character has a teleport or another way to quickly get in.

Dead's cuttin' time dhc's well into gold armor.
  • MariodoodMariodood You Cant Escape..O_o Joined: Posts: 1,458

Get someone to lend you a stick, man. I want to see Arthur. I haven't been able to put him to use at all. I tried using him with Ammy, too. If you get blown up on a team with arthur, they can use X-factor to out-last your X-factor. =/
  • MarsisDedMarsisDed Joined: Posts: 15

Crazy, I was thinking the same thing! I'll have to mess around with that tomorrow. It's a nice trick if you have 3 bars to burn with a Lv 3 and go in for a kill.
    Had some good wins today online with Arthur on anchor, saving my ass like always. I clutched out a nice combo into GB, man I wish I could save online replays in this game!
  • dozusdozus Joined: Posts: 6
    nice video of arthur match

Not bad but I think he was sitting still for too much of that match. His arthur had a lot of chances to punish with normal jumps and rapid crossbow. Is this guy still playing him?
  • dozusdozus Joined: Posts: 6
    Not bad but I think he was sitting still for too much of that match. His arthur had a lot of chances to punish with normal jumps and rapid crossbow. Is this guy still playing him?

good comment,
    I am still new to this game, so I think he's quite descent (newbies perspective)... any other input for the arthur?

btw, I think the the player is not maining Arthur, because on most video I saw him/her plays She Hulk team

ok the next video that I found shows that arthur is deadly with Level 3 X Factor