Chikara no Hadou: Evil Ryu Strategies & Match-up Thread

Tatsumaki_12Tatsumaki_12 Joined: Posts: 312
I will updated as the info gets here. Spoilers are empty for now.

Comments

• Mr. FlowersMr. Flowers Omega Male Joined: Posts: 2,085 mod
    Reserved 1
    Don't nerf me!
    Reserved 2
    Don't nerf me!
    Reserved 3
    Don't nerf me!
  • Tatsumaki_12Tatsumaki_12 Joined: Posts: 312
    really look forward to helping out the evil ryu forum guys! It's gonna be a great journey we're gonna have with him!! I really can't wait to main him! He so sexy!
  • RizhallRizhall 殺意はhot-hot!! Joined: Posts: 1,099
    I timed a meaty cr.MK vs Akuma today as he did wakeup ultra 1... and beat it clean :o
    Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.
  • exploidexploid Joined: Posts: 495
    I also saw meaty c.mk beat yun/yang (cant remember) u2
    Hi!
  • miakmiak Joined: Posts: 84
    it can means only one thing: too much active frames.
    sorry for my english
    Lots of active frames only makes it easy to meaty. Does not help it beat any moves. Hitboxes however...
    Hi!
  • RizhallRizhall 殺意はhot-hot!! Joined: Posts: 1,099
    It's technically both. The hitbox goes all the way across, and it's active enough to outlast the invincibility, which is good. The cr.mk I did to beat Gouki ultra was very early.
    Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.
  • Shadow VIIShadow VII Custom Title Joined: Posts: 1,065
    E Ryu can punish blocked Blanka ball with super
    "A little besito?!" -CMV
    E Ryu can punish blocked Blanka ball with super

U2 also works (against far HP blankaball atleast)
    Hi!
  • MienaikageMienaikage Mitarashi Dango: Data Devourer Joined: Posts: 263
    After HCF+MK against Blanka you cannot do cr.MP xx LK Tatsu because it causes the Tatsu to whiff, you must use cr.LP. Also you can punish a blocked heavy horizontal Blanka ball by dashing forward and using cr.HP xx whatever.
  • UnMaYiMbEUnMaYiMbE TheGreatOne185 Joined: Posts: 44
    you can't do Dash, lk tatsu to cross up blanka after a front throw, you'll just stay floating in front of him while he gets up.
    Twitter: proof58
    Mvc3: tron, sentinel, phoenix
    Ssf4ae: Rufus, Abel, fei-long
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,585
    lk axe kick is punishable by SRK on block. mk and hk are not. mk axe kick can be punished by Ken's super, implying it's -2 on block.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
  • UnMaYiMbEUnMaYiMbE TheGreatOne185 Joined: Posts: 44
    s..mp and c.mp beats all of hondas headbutts even ex and c.hp beats the butt thing
    Twitter: proof58
    Mvc3: tron, sentinel, phoenix
    Ssf4ae: Rufus, Abel, fei-long
  • PrefightsmilePrefightsmile "WINNING!" Joined: Posts: 9
    This one works alot more than it sounds:
    If your opponent is across the screen and you throw a lp hadoken. Then let them jump over it at the last second. you can bait an hk tetsu and catch them for 2 hits. If you input the tetsu during their forward jump animation. It's great on reaction. Anything less than 2/3rds of the screen and it's open for any jumping counterattack.
    Look at my avatar. Evil Ryu's statue kinda resembles Charlie Sheen! Am I crazy?
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 2,962
    What are my options after a forward throw and a back throw?
    What are my options after a forward throw and a back throw?

After a forward throw. If you time it right, move next to your oppnent. You can hk tetsu before they stand and it will hit twice on cross up. Because of how fast it moves, it is safe on most blocks aside from certain character specific moves. (IE: cammy's horizontal cannon spike, but not the vertical if the second hit of the tetsu connects)

If you have the time, check out this video from WinnerStaysOn:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9BvjyWq5gU

As for the back throw, im not sure. Since it puts a little too far to make up the distance quickly. Maybe a short teleport to bait and switch with?
    You can set up a crossup tatsu after both throws.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

You can set up a crossup tatsu after both throws.

I can understand the forward throw into crossup. How would you accomplish hitting the tetsu after doing a backwards throw? I can't imagine getting close enough. Going to try to create a setup tonight.
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 2,962
    OK thanks. His oki off throws is a little weird. I'm used to straight up, throw > jump in > crossup until they block which is where I start mixing up. What strength Tatsu would you recommend for a consistent crossup though? I've been having trouble with jumping in Air Tatsu in general, it whiffs a lot for me
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,761
    A good mix up with Evil Ryu after a throw is to not move at all and then jump into dive kick or cross up. If you do meaty dive kick it'll combo without having to hit it at any kind of angle. Just use jabs afterward because you need to get out your fastest normal before they can block after eating a dive kick.In my case I actually did cr. LK first, which isn't a good idea but I'm a Ken/Ryu player and I couldn't get it out of my system yet to not do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxBhN0ZEXnk&t=0m32s

But if you condition them to look for dive kicks, you can land cross ups combos afterward or look to punish whiffed DP's. Just remember, you don't have to move after a throw, the forward throw already puts in perfect range and gives you the time to time the dive kick. I've found that any movement of any kind makes the set up harder. And if you're execution is good, you can do the axe kick combo for as much as 367 without any use of meter.
    OK thanks. His oki off throws is a little weird. I'm used to straight up, throw > jump in > crossup until they block which is where I start mixing up. What strength Tatsu would you recommend for a consistent crossup though? I've been having trouble with jumping in Air Tatsu in general, it whiffs a lot for me
    One thing I would recommend is the air mk tetsu crossup. Act link your going to jump on top of thier heads. Then, while you fall the mk tetsu hovers over the opponent and you score the cross up. Looks really weird but it's effective. Just remember to to start the input just after the apex of the fall.
  • SlayersliceSlayerslice Joined: Posts: 1,666
    E. Ryu's teleport is quite good, it goes through fireballs and even Sagat's Ultra.. I baited and I teleported right through it
    Streetfighter X Tekken: I was raised on Tekken.
  • TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 493
    s..mp and c.mp beats all of hondas headbutts even ex and c.hp beats the butt thing

Yeah, so does Original Ryu's MP! It can even stuff Bison scissor kicks and Psycho Crusher, use it on reaction!
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
  • AnthilionAnthilion Joined: Posts: 83
    ^that info its goin to help me dealing with Bison's spam of SK and PC : \

Been having a hard time dealing with that tbh.

Btw, still in Bisons topic, how are you guys dealing with Stomps? I've tried SRK them, but it trades and those trades, E.Ryu can't afford getting much of them.
    Is this all you have? Your recklessness has proven to be your downfall!
  • Shadow VIIShadow VII Custom Title Joined: Posts: 1,065
    for a back throw, try cr. mp then forward jump for a safe jump (wont work in the corner though)
    "A little besito?!" -CMV
  • TyphonTyphon Joined: Posts: 118
    You guys found anything you can do to counter dive kicks? Or good anti airs at all? His srk almost always seems to trade and not in his favor due to the low hp

For close jump ins that get close to crossing up i know c.hp works but for far jump ins and odd angle ones especially dive kicks i feel at their mercy.
    MvC3: Zero/Sentinel/Tron, SSF4AE: Makoto/Evil Ryu, SSF4: Seth/Makoto, SSF2T: Vega/Balrog, HDR: Honda/Balrog
    Life Spent on Anime: 4 weeks, 2 days, 1 hour, 54 minutes "http://www.tinyurl.com/6ddrdyf"
    For jump ins from a further distance where cr. HP is a bad idea, use st. HP or st. HK. My friend played a lot of Yun and Yang and I would consistently anti air him when he jumped my fireballs and use dive kick to get in from about two-thirds of the screen away.
  • TyphonTyphon Joined: Posts: 118
    what about when they are closer up the dive kick just rapes me, i am 100% free against a person who spends 5 minutes in training with yun/yang.
    MvC3: Zero/Sentinel/Tron, SSF4AE: Makoto/Evil Ryu, SSF4: Seth/Makoto, SSF2T: Vega/Balrog, HDR: Honda/Balrog
    Life Spent on Anime: 4 weeks, 2 days, 1 hour, 54 minutes "http://www.tinyurl.com/6ddrdyf"
  • GODHANDGODHAND Joined: Posts: 4
    Hopefully this thread becomes my best friend. ( Do the Yun match up first please >.<)
    St. MP is a good option when they're close but not in your face. I also used it numerous times against my friend. Evil Ryu has good anti air options against the twins, but it's like you're Dhalsim at this point. You have to know which normal to use in the right situation. There is the good ol' Dragon Punch, but I figure most of us don't have the reactions to use it effectively, plus we don't want to get baited by the short dive kick to make it whiff. But for those who can, I'd say it's always the best option when the twins are really close to you.
  • TherafluprintsTherafluprints Joined: Posts: 38
    I cannot wait for this thread to flourish in information. I had trouble all of today dealing with Dictator pressure in the corner. I actually have never known what to do against that. As far as Evil Ryu goes, how have you others fared with this?
    One more piece of good news for today guys. Chun will actually have to block or guess dive kick/cross up against Evil Ryu on wake up. If you score a throw(not too sure about sweep), you can do a meaty dive kick and avoid EX bird and punish afterward. If you're a Ken/Ryu main'er and are switching to Evil Ryu then I'm sure you know how irritating Chun can be. Knock her down and you can't do any jump in pressure at all because EX bird beats everything(unless you do a early empty jump to bait, but these can easily be seen coming).

I haven't tried any option selects yet so I'm not sure how or if they'll work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0WYPf-XOsA

The match where I discovered it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776fEyZplyw&t=1m54s
    What do you do against Zangiefs? His forward jump heavy punch has a weird hitbox, it hits even if you see some air between it

And what to do against Guile?? He can walk after his sonic boom and do a backhand fist, and when I try to jump over it I get Flash kicked
  • ZOMBIEGUTS TZAZOMBIEGUTS TZA Mediocre Player Joined: Posts: 472
    What do you do against Zangiefs? His forward jump heavy punch has a weird hitbox, it hits even if you see some air between it

And what to do against Guile?? He can walk after his sonic boom and do a backhand fist, and when I try to jump over it I get Flash kicked

For Zangief do HP SRK from crouching with the downforward downforward shortcut to beat his jumping fierce clean.

for guile im guessing just stay crouched and mk if he walks up to do SBF it only hits high so cr.MK beats it.If its like the O.Ryu/Guile matchup you have to play really patient and block or neutral jump sonic booms,in the O.Ryu/Guile matchup ryu cant play footsises till hes just outside of his own cr.MK range.
    SSF4AE:Ryu
    SC5:Maxi
    SFxT:Kazuya x Ryu
    GT-ZOMBIEGUTS TZA

Btw, still in Bisons topic, how are you guys dealing with Stomps? I've tried SRK them, but it trades and those trades, E.Ryu can't afford getting much of them.

For regular stomps you can j.MP to ultra or SRK,for EX stomps you can do a really late jump back roundhouse to beat it or just dash under

as for the corner scissor loop(the one where they do LKs to SK then another LK to SK you can s.LK after the first SK,this will make the LK miss and you can jump out of the corner
    GT-ZOMBIEGUTS TZA
  • ShinoshaShinosha Joined: Posts: 92
    That make sense I guess but you can punish close sweeps by Ultra 2. Right now I can confirm this for Makoto, Balrog, Ryu, Ken, Akuma. I didn't test further but I think you can do it on most of the cast..
    far s.hk is a great anti-air against Zangief from far away.

If you're trading with his uppercut when anti-airing, you're uppercutting too early or not using mp/hp.

• Spartan_ThroneSpartan_Throne Iron Fist dabes Joined: Posts: 1,529
    That make sense I guess but you can punish close sweeps by Ultra 2. Right now I can confirm this for Makoto, Balrog, Ryu, Ken, Akuma. I didn't test further but I think you can do it on most of the cast..

Ultra 2 punishes anything that's -9 within range.
    UMVC3 - Mags/Dorm/Doom ~ Wolv/Dorm/[Fist/Akuma/Doom]
  • DeathGunDeathGun Joined: Posts: 697
    Is there a list of chars who can be hit by sweep after a lk. tatsu?

Is it common sense that the U2 is better overall? Seens better for anything but combos, and even in combos it dont do much more damage, like Ryu's U1 and U2 (about 100dmg diference). Evil's dp FADC U1 does ~30 more damage than the same thing with U2. If you do a bigger combo, the diference diminishes due the scalling. The combo with hcf MK will deal only 10 extra damage if done with U1 instead of U2.
    Is there a list of chars who can be hit by sweep after a lk. tatsu?

Is it common sense that the U2 is better overall? Seens better for anything but combos, and even in combos it dont do much more damage, like Ryu's U1 and U2 (about 100dmg diference). Evil's dp FADC U1 does ~30 more damage than the same thing with U2. If you do a bigger combo, the diference diminishes due the scalling. The combo with hcf MK will deal only 10 extra damage if done with U1 instead of U2.
    Combos into U2 are terribly inefficient unless you're doing EX tatsu -> ultra or EX Hadouken fadc U2. cr.mk xx EX Hadouken FADC U2 is probably the juiciest combo E Ryu has into U2 because cr.mk is an amazing poke and the hado combos from max range. However, if you do a hit-confirm cr.lk cr.lp cr.mp xx EX Hadouken fadc U2, it will do just over 400 damage. Which is what dp fadc EX Shakunetsu Hadouken U1 does.

U2 is great as a raw punish or an occasional anti-air, but if you pick U2, most of E Ryu's setups into ultra will do less damage or won't even combo.

EX Tatsu in corner, uppercut fadc ultra, j.mp ultra, far range red fireball -> ultra in the corner, MIDSCREEN s.mp xx EX Shakunetsu Hadouken -> U1, j.mp -> ultra, AA lp uppercut -> ultra

It probably depends on the matchup.

Combos into U2 are terribly inefficient unless you're doing EX tatsu -> ultra or EX Hadouken fadc U2. cr.mk xx EX Hadouken FADC U2 is probably the juiciest combo E Ryu has into U2 because cr.mk is an amazing poke and the hado combos from max range. However, if you do a hit-confirm cr.lk cr.lp cr.mp xx EX Hadouken fadc U2, it will do just over 400 damage. Which is what dp fadc EX Shakunetsu Hadouken U1 does.

U2 is great as a raw punish or an occasional anti-air, but if you pick U2, most of E Ryu's setups into ultra will do less damage or won't even combo.

EX Tatsu in corner, uppercut fadc ultra, j.mp ultra, far range red fireball -> ultra in the corner, MIDSCREEN s.mp xx EX Shakunetsu Hadouken -> U1, j.mp -> ultra, AA lp uppercut -> ultra

Plus U1 can be used in Fireball wars With just naked ultra or EX shankunetsu to Ultra at about mid-screen.
    I can see U2 being being decent in some matchups but in matches with FB wars U1 is a must imo
    GT-ZOMBIEGUTS TZA
  • TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 493

With the regular headstomps you can jump forward and use the MP anti-air but most likely a good Bison would see this and then go immediatley to the reverse. In order to stay away from your jumping forward MP. For EX headstomps you can easily walk backwards or dash underneath them.

You are right about trades with Evil Ryu he can not afford them.
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
  • Dj AntmanDj Antman Whats a BassMonkey? Joined: Posts: 656
    Yea, Bison is a pretty hard match up for me right. Same goes with Balrog. It just seems like i can't punish them at all.
    GT= BassMonkey X and PSN: InsaiyanMonkey
    Twitter= @BassMonkeye
    Raptr

Do you actually read my post? I said there that U2 does less damage in combos, but the difference is really small, and the bigger the combo is, smaller the damage difference gets. Most of the combos with more than 3 hits, FADC and ultra will do like 15 more damage with U1 beeing used. For everything else, U2 is better. Do it seens worth to you to pick U2 for extra 15 damage in combos?
    Plus U1 can be used in Fireball wars With just naked ultra or EX shankunetsu to Ultra at about mid-screen.
    I can see U2 being being decent in some matchups but in matches with FB wars U1 is a must imo
    You are right. Initially I tought that U1 havent the initial frames of invencibility like Ryu's one (some videos I saw with him countering a hadoken with a U1 and beeing hit by the hadoken, the ultra didnt came out) but I was mistaken, it just happens when you charge it. So its an option against projectile chars.
    What to do vs Dhalsims??
    What to do vs Dhalsims??

against sim its probably just like the ryu/sim match just be really patient and careful use normals to CH his s,HP when your just out of its range.Every time you get a knock down dash forward twice to close space.When you get in dont let him get away.Also you can safe jump him and use OS tatsu or Ultra 1 to catch backdash or teleport.Also use lots of frame traps/throw mixups(EX Tatsu is great for frame trapping).Also use blockstrings with FAs to absorb limbs

hope this helps
    GT-ZOMBIEGUTS TZA
  • Logan SamaLogan Sama Joined: Posts: 881
    Vs Sim, you have a Dive kick. So you can make his anti airs whiff easier than Ryu can.