Chikara no Hadou: Evil Ryu Strategies & Match-up Thread

Comments

• AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 1,991
    St.Forward poke (Probably underrated too) does wonders against Honda , it can stuff his St.Roundhouse , but I think Honda can probably counter with St.Fierce . It actually reaches out pretty far too so it's really not bad to throw it out there when near sweep range with Honda .
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 492
    Yeah not too mention, Evil Ryu's mobility being better than Ryu's as far as a better dash and movement should help with getting in on Dhalsim.
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
  • johnnypaojohnnypao Joined: Posts: 88
    After HCF+MK against Blanka you cannot do cr.MP xx LK Tatsu because it causes the Tatsu to whiff, you must use cr.LP. Also you can punish a blocked heavy horizontal Blanka ball by dashing forward and using cr.HP xx whatever.

This is also the case vs Rufus.
    The master of nothing.
  • Logan SamaLogan Sama Joined: Posts: 881
    You also cannot do cross up MK/dive kick > cr.LP > cl.HP on Blanka either. Which is irritating as shit
  • Dj AntmanDj Antman Whats a BassMonkey? Joined: Posts: 656
    Mmm... dive kick is too unreliable imo.
    GT= BassMonkey X and PSN: InsaiyanMonkey
    Twitter= @BassMonkeye
    Raptr
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,760
    Mmm... dive kick is too unreliable imo.

Depends how it's used. If your opponent is anti-air'ing you with normals, it's a good way to get in by delaying your aerial attack. But it is most deadly when you land a forward throw. Just stand still and do a early dive kick, it looks like you're going for a cross up when you'll actually land in front of them for a full combo. Personally I think Evil Ryu has the best dive kick outside of Rufus, Twins, and Cammy. I really like it and use it often in my matches(although not always effectively which is a problem with me and not the move)
  • Logan SamaLogan Sama Joined: Posts: 881
    Dive kick is fucking awesome against characters who have to anti air with normals because the delay is huge!
  • P daaaawgP daaaawg Joined: Posts: 2
    Any matchup tips vs Adon? In AE, I find Adon a harder matchup with E.Ryu than regular Ryu (I main both), but not by a lot. Anything E.Ryu can do in this matchup?
  • TYRANT ToneZTYRANT ToneZ Joined: Posts: 33
    In the Guile match up, i feel that you should just let him come to you, throw fireballs full screen since i think E.Ryu wins a fireball war. he can not walk after a jab Sonic Boom because of the Shaku mixup and just the recovery after a fireball, e.ryu can throw another one fast. at 2/3 screen bait jumps. you can anti air with s.RH and it beats everything he has clean. close up, apply axe kick pressure with Forward Axe Kick, since that has the least block stun. on Untechable Knockdown, dive kick safe jump or cross up LK stuffs Flash Kicks. I'm
  • SlayersliceSlayerslice Joined: Posts: 1,666
    What to do vs Juri and Blanka?
    Streetfighter X Tekken: I was raised on Tekken.
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,585
    On Rufus, you can do s.hp xx mk axe kick, s.lp, s.mp xx lk tatsu, hp uppercut. Does even more damage than the regular BnB.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
  • kep1kep1 BINGO! Joined: Posts: 161
    What Super setups have you guys worked out? One effective one I've used a few times is after a s.lk AA (which btw is a pretty amazing AA) do f+mk and then Super right as they land.
    http://blockstring.com - Friendly fighting game discussion
    What Super setups have you guys worked out? One effective one I've used a few times is after a s.lk AA (which btw is a pretty amazing AA) do f+mk and then Super right as they land.
    I just tick into it with a f.mp kara after cr.mp/cr.lp a lot. Whiff divekick -> super is good. So is blocked divekick -> super, but that requires good timing. s.hp xx lk axe kick (on hit) -> super should be a good gimmick.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - The original blueprint for competitive fighting game thought.

• TechitsTechits Bottom Feeder Joined: Posts: 48
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but how do I Punish a blocked M. Bison Scissor kick. When a good bison player gets me in the corner he just uses a block string ending with H scissor kick and I can't figure out a safe way to get out.
  • DannkkDannkk Joined: Posts: 1,761
    I like the f+mk kara on people that like to crouch tech. Block for a second in case they reversal, then hit it and it'll hop over their crouch tech and the super lands.
    Bombing for peace is like f%@&;ing for virginity. - bumper sticker
    My Mods - http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/Dannkk/Dual%20Mods/
    I am having trouble with Gen and Chun-Li and Ken

Ken seems to outpoke me very easily with his lunging forward kick, Gen keeps jumping off the wall and hit me on my head and I can't SRK it because it whiffs, and Chun-Li can walk after her kikoken and do either lowsweep or hasanshou
    I am having trouble with Gen and Chun-Li and Ken

Ken seems to outpoke me very easily with his lunging forward kick, Gen keeps jumping off the wall and hit me on my head and I can't SRK it because it whiffs, and Chun-Li can walk after her kikoken and do either lowsweep or hasanshou

I found with Gen a well timed neutral Jumping heavy punch will beat it.
    You can also just block it. You have frame advantage after. You can dash or teleport away from it, too.
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but how do I Punish a blocked M. Bison Scissor kick. When a good bison player gets me in the corner he just uses a block string ending with H scissor kick and I can't figure out a safe way to get out.
    If it's anything but L scissor kick you get a free hp uppercut. You can probably s.mp or cr.mp xx lk tatsu but that would be greedy.

You can't punish lk scissors, it's completely safe on block.

• AnnihilationscapeAnnihilationscape The World Warrior Joined: Posts: 714
    I'm having trouble with Ken as well. We all know Ken's easily one of the best shotos in AE, maybe even the best, so it's no surprise. His pressure and kara-throws are over the top. If anyone has any tips, setups, or general strategies against Mr. Masters, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I face a very strong Ken player regularly, so if I find anything useful I'll definitely share.
    "Your moves are weak and your style is a joke! What were you thinking?!"
    - Ken Masters
    I'm having trouble with Ken as well. We all know Ken's easily one of the best shotos in AE, maybe even the best, so it's no surprise. His pressure and kara-throws are over the top. If anyone has any tips, setups, or general strategies against Mr. Masters, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I face a very strong Ken player regularly, so if I find anything useful I'll definitely share.
    Backdash out of his pressure. Anti-air/footsie him so he can't get to his preferred range.

• Digital WarlordDigital Warlord The Way of the Intercepting Fist!!! Joined: Posts: 325
    What to do vs Juri and Blanka?

Juri and Blanka are characters than can easily counter a fireball and they move fast. Against characters like those, the best thing to do is watch them closely and be patient.. when they try and get close poke them away with cr.mp and cr.mk, even st.mk will work. Try to frequently fake juri/blanka out by making them think you will throw fb and wait for them to jump, or in blankas case slide under. Punish if they fall for it. Once they learn what you are doing after they fall for it a few times, they will get just outside your cr.mk or a little closer and just sit there and block, thats when you change it up and dash in all of a sudden and go for a throw or a footsie game. The key with these type of characters is to have a solid reaction against jumps and blankas slide...cr.mp beats blanka ball for free if timed correctly(which is very easy to see from like halfscreen away..just look for it).

Patience is another good quality to have. Yes, E.Ryu has an awesome hadouken, but it should be used only as a calculated setup/poke/round-ender.
    Evil Ryu has a glitch it seems, I figured out when Ultraing a crumpled opponent at the corner with a focus attack, you can jump over to do your Ultra 2 and still have your position for having your opponent in the corner, instead when you jump over and do that ultra, he does a EX Axe kick or a EX tatsumaki, I even tried reversing my controls, he didn't do Ultra 2. Only done Ultra 2 twice in the corner side it's very strange
  • Evaded_DeathEvaded_Death Joined: Posts: 81
    What do you do against akuma
    What do you do against akuma
    You press the right buttons and directions at the right time.

See, if you ask a really ambiguous question, you get a really ambiguous answer. Nobody ought to explain an entire matchup to you without you at least explaining the problems you have with it.

You press the right buttons and directions at the right time.

See, if you ask a really ambiguous question, you get a really ambiguous answer. Nobody ought to explain an entire matchup to you without you at least explaining the problems you have with it.
    Sorry about that I meant what do you do about his air fire ball its really driving me insane.
    When he's running away with air fireballs, you want to keep moving forward, and try to punish them with sweep. He's got extra recovery when he lands from doing the air fireball, so as long as you're in range, you can stick out your sweep. You might trade with the fireball, but it only does 50 damage, while your sweep does 120 and knocks him down.
    I have found some use for the Heavy Axe kick, when you hit someone with a focus attack and you dashed back or your dash didn't get in or whatever reason that you can't combo of your crumple, instead going for the sweep do the Heavy axe kick it deals more damage
    When he's running away with air fireballs, you want to keep moving forward, and try to punish them with sweep. He's got extra recovery when he lands from doing the air fireball, so as long as you're in range, you can stick out your sweep. You might trade with the fireball, but it only does 50 damage, while your sweep does 120 and knocks him down.
    Thanks but what if there coming forward with the air fireball?
    That's safer, but lot's of times, you can do the same thing. Generally, if he lands before you have to block the fireball, he'll be safe. If he's going to be safe, you don't have many options, and the best one available is to block. He'll try and use the fireball to mix you up. Switching between a low attack, overhead or throw as you come out of block stun, but you're best off defending it. If you get to a point where you need to breathe, a couple things you could try would be to focus the fireball and dash back. Block the fireball, then dp and fadc backwards. Or teleport. The reason blocking is your best option, is because these 3 are all punishable.

If he's jumping and throwing air fireballs from closer up, just sweep and take the trade like i said in the other post.
    How does Evil Ryu punish blocked rush punches from Boxer?
  • DontdodatDontdodat I know u want to Joined: Posts: 653
    Good Boxers will rush punch from safe distances, at worst Jab straight & Dash Upper will only ever be -3 so I think you could DP but best option by far is Super for block punishes.

I think you're better to anticipate the attack with DP, Focus Attack, sweep and Ultra II when they space themselves then force them to use the attack "unsafely". when you manage to do this they generally back off a lot as use their normals more to turtle up.
    Throw is the easiest answer to long range rush punches with most characters because you don't have to do a directional input and it will ignore armor.

Throw is the easiest answer to long range EX rush punches with most characters because you don't have to do a directional input and it will ignore armor.

Had to fix that.
  • MavMav Joined: Posts: 12
    I have found some use for the Heavy Axe kick, when you hit someone with a focus attack and you dashed back or your dash didn't get in or whatever reason that you can't combo of your crumple, instead going for the sweep do the Heavy axe kick it deals more damage
    Just walk up and heavy dragon punch for 150 damage (10 more than heavy axe kick). Gotta test if the MK axe kick will be linkable after crumple backdash.
    I believe the heavy version of that move is an untechable knockdown, so you get some mix up potential from it as opposed to DP which pushes opponents further away with no chance of mix up.
  • Tr1qzzTr1qzz Joined: Posts: 3
    Guys I need your opinion on an Anti air setup.
    If I can predict a jump I go for j.mp - f.mk and then a meaty c.rh (timing on the c.RH is a bit strict is a bit strict, but still very possible)
    Opinions please :D
    I believe the heavy version of that move is an untechable knockdown, so you get some mix up potential from it as opposed to DP which pushes opponents further away with no chance of mix up.

HK is techable. EX is untechable.

That meaty sweep seems awful risky to me. It's -11 on block. Even meaty, best you can make it is -10.
  • Tr1qzzTr1qzz Joined: Posts: 3
    HK is techable. EX is untechable.

That meaty sweep seems awful risky to me. It's -11 on block. Even meaty, best you can make it is -10.

c.mp then? I just liked the knockdown option, and he recovers quite quickly which might mean i'll catch him offguard.
    give me a better option and i'll test it out, looking forword to hearing from you
    Yea...c.mp, c.lp, c.lk, dp fadc, throw. Anything but sweep.
    HK axe kick is not techable. However, the only way to combo into it is off a focus crumple or counter-hit close s.mp.

MK axe kick is techable.

Yea, my bad. HK isn't overhead...got the two mixed up.
    after a forward throw on balrog you can whiff heavy kick and then jump in with a heavy kick that crosses up lol
  • J-GozJ-Goz Joined: Posts: 16
    Alright no one has posted here in awhile but let's see if someone can come up with a good solution for this situation against Ryu. We're right next to each other and Ryu does a block string putting me just outside of c.mp range. No matter what I try, I will probably get punished. Evil Ryu's c.mk is slower than Ryu's c.mk or c.hk, so poking isn't an option. If I try a backdash he will sweep and if I neutral jump he can srk. The only thing I can try to do is throw out c.lk with fireball option select and hope to catch his c.mk or c.hk. f.mk unfortunately comes out waaaaay too slow to try to go over his low pokes. Anyone have any other options? I'm still kinda new to the game in general so please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.
    Alright no one has posted here in awhile but let's see if someone can come up with a good solution for this situation against Ryu. We're right next to each other and Ryu does a block string putting me just outside of c.mp range. No matter what I try, I will probably get punished. Evil Ryu's c.mk is slower than Ryu's c.mk or c.hk, so poking isn't an option. If I try a backdash he will sweep and if I neutral jump he can srk. The only thing I can try to do is throw out c.lk with fireball option select and hope to catch his c.mk or c.hk. f.mk unfortunately comes out waaaaay too slow to try to go over his low pokes. Anyone have any other options? I'm still kinda new to the game in general so please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.

im confused. if he does a blockstring that pushes you about of ur optimal poking range, he can not poke you with anything he has. a backdash after his blockstring is safe, how can he hit you with a sweep? and how can his DP hit ur neutral jump? in anycase, this as a footsies situation and E.Ryu beat's Ryu in a footsie's situation. just remember ONE CRUCIAL FACT... Ryu's sweep is -14 on block... so you need to BATE OUT a sweep from him, and after a sweep, u can counter poke him ALL DAY. i believe E.Ryu's C.MK has more range than O.Ryu's even tho E.Ryu's is about 2 frames slower on start up, so just stand outside his poke range, let him whiff, then u counter poke with c.mk. eventually he will try to close the gap somehow, whether it is a jump in (where you can easily anti air with c.hp or strong dp... or whatever, depending on the range) or focus dash in (where you can make it unsafe for him to do so with SMART ex hadokens or SMART MP shakus) or even tastu in (where you can just crouch and punish on reaction) any other questions?
    Walk (away/forward)- crouch block. I hardly ever back dash. As Tyrant says, Ryu's sweep is prone to heavy punishment. counter poking is easy when you get the hang of it.
    If there's a range you find where your opponent beats anything you throw out...don't throw anything out at that range. Just block until you're in a position that is advantageous to you. You also might want to try s.mp, it's faster, but Ryu might duck under it.
    Great advice, thanks guys. I played a decent Ryu last night in endless who beat me 30 times in a row before I beat him, and this was the major reason for it.
    Great advice, thanks guys. I played a decent Ryu last night in endless who beat me 30 times in a row before I beat him, and this was the major reason for it.

what's your gamertag? i can run a sparring session with you as Ryu so you can get used to the match up a little bit.
    what's your gamertag? i can run a sparring session with you as Ryu so you can get used to the match up a little bit.
    Cool, same as my forum name, including the dash