Chikara no Hadou: Evil Ryu Strategies & Match-up Thread

Comments

• ItsNotJackieChanItsNotJackieChan Joined: Posts: 107
    edited October 2013
    @Theli thanks for the info im going to practice all of this. Also can cr.mp xx light axe kick be interrupted? (during the time between the end of the cr.mp and the start of the light axe kick)

Edit: And yea my execution is pretty good offline and i do use priority-linking. I have a LOT of trouble online hitting links though
  • TheliTheli Joined: Posts: 1,586
    (crouching) c.mp XX lk axe kick is not a combo.

standing far mp or crouching mk into lk axe kick is a combo. I do not think that either is a true block string.

“That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”

• thebestthebest #electricboogaloo Joined: Posts: 8,529
    far from it, you can get DPed inbetween the mp and the axe kick
  • GefenGefen Joined: Posts: 1,381
    @Theli thanks for the info im going to practice all of this. Also can cr.mp xx light axe kick be interrupted? (during the time between the end of the cr.mp and the start of the light axe kick)

Edit: And yea my execution is pretty good offline and i do use priority-linking. I have a LOT of trouble online hitting links though

Is it online problem or a "real match" match? Try setting computer to normal (or hard w/e) and play a couple on minutes against it in the training mode. are your links still ok?

• ItsNotJackieChanItsNotJackieChan Joined: Posts: 107
    Gefen wrote: »
    Is it online problem or a "real match" match? Try setting computer to normal (or hard w/e) and play a couple on minutes against it in the training mode. are your links still ok?

It's online
    Only play against green connections, I hope it's not too obvious to state.
  • SonneillonSonneillon Such Reckless Violence, My Hadou Shall Enjoy Consuming Your Soul! Joined: Posts: 218
    Evil Ryu

- Health 950

- Crouch Heavy Kick start up is 6 frame

- Can combo into crouch HK now

- Foward Medium Kick has better downward hitbox

- Heavy Axe Kick start up is 25f

- Target Combo can now be done from far standing MP
    Satsui no Hadou, Only one man can possess such power!

SSFIV AE: Evil Ryu
    One of the best on NA PSN!.
    SF X T: Kazuya, Law, Jin, Akuma.
    PSN:Lucifer___v , PutridBlood- , Sonneillon
    Youtube:Lucifer v , Sonneillon v.
    Capcom Unity: Sonneillon
  • leetfighterleetfighter Joined: Posts: 47
    edited March 2014
    Any help with the chun li match up get beat all the time can't get past her pokes advice needed
  • SonneillonSonneillon Such Reckless Violence, My Hadou Shall Enjoy Consuming Your Soul! Joined: Posts: 218
    Any help with the chun li match up get beat all the time can't get past her pokes advice needed

YouTube Nagao09

Satsui no Hadou, Only one man can possess such power!

SSFIV AE: Evil Ryu
    One of the best on NA PSN!.
    SF X T: Kazuya, Law, Jin, Akuma.
    PSN:Lucifer___v , PutridBlood- , Sonneillon
    Youtube:Lucifer v , Sonneillon v.
    Capcom Unity: Sonneillon
  • YanushikYanushik Joined: Posts: 92
    Sup guys. I have been working on an android app that will give you a place to keep and share your matchup notes. If you have a chance, please check it out! Thanks =)

BTW E. Ryu da best.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yanu.matchup&hl=en
  • magneto's sonmagneto's son The jack of all trades Joined: Posts: 200
    OMG gouken rapes E.ryu something fierce!!!
    empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality."bruce lee"

thankx to Fett_Connection for the avatar you da man big time
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956
    OMG gouken rapes E.ryu something fierce!!!

Why? I actually think the matchup is in Evil Ryu's favor, especially if Evil gets a knockdown early on. Gouken's defense is not great, and Evil Ryu only needs Gouken to make 2 mistakes to get a stun. Honestly I never have issues with this matchup.
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
  • magneto's sonmagneto's son The jack of all trades Joined: Posts: 200
    at high level it is a pain to get in, it either fireballs or better normals. The demon flip mix- up it too good for Gouken and he hurts a lot! a patient annoying Gouken wins for free.
    empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality."bruce lee"

thankx to Fett_Connection for the avatar you da man big time
  • DonflorisDonfloris Joined: Posts: 90
    edited April 2014
    at high level it is a pain to get in, it either fireballs or better normals. The demon flip mix- up it too good for Gouken and he hurts a lot! a patient annoying Gouken wins for free.

Yes at high level it is a pain to get in, but we have a multi-hitting fireball and he does not. This hurts his zoning game to much.

Lame it out (full screen) with MP Shaku - Neutral Jump and focus absorbing his fireballs. Watch out for his SRK Palm attack, because it can go through fireballs. Wait for the demon flip and AA or dash under. Then you can start to apply the pressure. This is battle of patience, both chars can do serious damage to each other when they get that hit. But E.Ryu has the pressure/mixup advantage!

I play both chars and I agree with Links that once E.Ryu gets in it can go very bad, very fast for Gouken.
    PS3: DonFloris
    PC: Daddy-Sensei
  • gunblade72gunblade72 Joined: Posts: 70
    Gouken definitely beats E.Ryu. Focus against fireballs is an option you never use against Gouken. If you focus absorb and dash forward it's a free sweep for gouken, if you back dash it will be only harder to get in on him. Mp/hp shaku I find are too risky also, the recovery is so bad on them and if if you abuse them Gouken can demon flip and you eat big damage. You can't lame out Gouken too, that's what he wants to do against him. He has the tools to get in from full screen.

Best way to play the match is just walk forward block fireballs and neutral jump them and match with your own fireball sometimes. If Gouken is mindlessly spamming fireballs from full range do jump hk tatsu and you will get in easily. Eventually the Gouken will make a mistake and you will get in. If the Gouken likes to jump in with demon flip parry anti airing with ex dp is a must because it moves forward and hits 3 times so it will 99% of the time beat it. Hk axe kick is good to use on his wakeup because it beats his parry and it avoids ex tatsu if you time/space it well. Empty jump into hopkick>ex tatsu one wakeup is also good because it blows up ex parry, stand tech, and cr tech but if he cr.techs with cr.mk then just drop the whole hop kick frame trap. Also, if you corner Gouken NEVER end your blockstring in a fireball unless ex because it's a free sweep for Gouken. Just try to continue your block strings but watch out for his sweep when you are walking forward or you can use focus attack to apply pressure because Gouken is weak to focus in close range.

Ultra 1 is the better ultra in this matchup. It's really hard to do but in mid range you can dash forward and then if he shoots a fireball you can react to it with u1,
  • UCANTBLOCK.. HOLDDATUCANTBLOCK.. HOLDDAT Joined: Posts: 5
    -No divekicks treat gouken like sagat only use meaty dive kick setups(and with diligence at that)
    -Ultra 2 for when Gouken tries to palm through your fireballs... Then uh someone posted some gouken specific combos that I can't get to work but yeah try that
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956
    I hadn't thought too much about the Demon Flip Counter being a problem, but yeah when he Demon Flips I typically either dash under or just block, so eh.

Also, at certain ranges, like right outside sweep range, you can St. MK or St. MP his fireball and potentially beat it out or trade. It also has a long enough startup that you really don't even need to dash at this range to confirm Ultra - just watch out for FADC.

That buff to EX Tatsu will be interesting to deal with now... No more abusing Cr. LK on his wakeup I guess.
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
  • c4nn0nc4nn0n Would anyone like some pound cake? Joined: Posts: 31
    Yanushik wrote: »
    Sup guys. I have been working on an android app that will give you a place to keep and share your matchup notes. If you have a chance, please check it out! Thanks =)

BTW E. Ryu da best.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yanu.matchup&hl=en

Yoooooooo that's a dope app. I like how I can categorize setups, punishes etc. I got my Infiltration game goin easy. One thing I noticed how do I add the new characters when I get some new tech (i.e. E.Ryu vs Elena)?

• YanushikYanushik Joined: Posts: 92
    edited May 2014
    Yo C4nn0n thanks for checking it out! There was a bug in the original sf4 notebook that didnt have a new character button. If you dont see a new character button what you CAN do is just look for the .db file and open it on your pc using any sqlite database editor, then just add a row to the characters table and make the character name "New Character" and just give it a picture . Then when you put the notebook back on your app you should see a new character button =)
  • CorkyjayCorkyjay Joined: Posts: 285
    Anyone got any good tips for E.Ryu frame traps i keep getting blown up with buttons
    Cr.hp is awesome (And if you are god, confirm into mk Axe kick or fireball).
    cr.mp cr.mk, as in cr.lp cr.lp, step forward, cr.mp, if you get counter cr.mk will combo (into huge damage if you got the meter)
    Against most crouch tech (cr.lk) you can use f.mk into EX tatsu (and ultra in the corner). which is pretty much game winner against a lot of players.
  • CorkyjayCorkyjay Joined: Posts: 285
    Gefen wrote: »
    Cr.hp is awesome (And if you are god, confirm into mk Axe kick or fireball).
    cr.mp cr.mk, as in cr.lp cr.lp, step forward, cr.mp, if you get counter cr.mk will combo (into huge damage if you got the meter)
    Against most crouch tech (cr.lk) you can use f.mk into EX tatsu (and ultra in the corner). which is pretty much game winner against a lot of players.

Thnx
  • ShottanuhmisShottanuhmis Joined: Posts: 337
    Hugo omg help what do I do ?
    Hugo omg help what do I do ?

Zone the shit out of him. Stay 3/4 of the screen and chuck plasma. If he has a tendency of jumping over your fireballs try to aa with st.HK (watch out for his j.HP, crazy reach/damage). His ex run can be ultra'd, both of them because U1 is considered armor breaking. Lastly use Far st.MK once in a while.

If he does his SPD, dash neutral jump. Don't wakeup srk because this is a safejump, if jumps anywhere else its fine. When he starts clapping do not push any buttons, they can only be combo'd on counter hit.

This is a very slow and tedious match. Whoever loses his nerf and goes in will lose the match 9/10 times.
    Oh and if you can get a stun of, don't go for a focus level 3 because it whiffs :S. Start low with cr.HP :)
  • DannkkDannkk Joined: Posts: 1,761
    Hugo's stun is so stupid. lol

Bombing for peace is like f%@&;ing for virginity. - bumper sticker
    My Mods - http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/Dannkk/Dual%20Mods/
    Donfloris wrote: »
    His ex run can be ultra'd, both of them because U1 is considered armor breaking. Lastly use Far st.MK once in a while.

Wait, what? It's armor breaking? I'm pretty sure I've seen Hugo EX Lariat through it before. If it's armor breaking, it must have been done as a reversal.

Links wrote: »
    His ex run can be ultra'd, both of them because U1 is considered armor breaking. Lastly use Far st.MK once in a while.

Wait, what? It's armor breaking? I'm pretty sure I've seen Hugo EX Lariat through it before. If it's armor breaking, it must have been done as a reversal.

I wen't into training mode to show my friend the epicness of that EX run, but could not get it to work. Every time I ultra'd he would get hit, no matter what the distance. But when I did it with Ryu, the bastard ran right through haha.

Could be me, you should try it out.
    Links wrote: »

I wen't into training mode to show my friend the epicness of that EX run, but could not get it to work. Every time I ultra'd he would get hit, no matter what the distance. But when I did it with Ryu, the bastard ran right through haha.

Could be me, you should try it out.

PC player here, excuse my noobness. :'(

That's bizarre though. Why would it need to be armor-breaking? Ah well - I'll take it.

Also, I've been thinking about something I found interesting. I watched some of Daigo's recent Topanga League matches, and I noticed he's very, VERY solid in the way he plays the Sagat matchup, taking almost no risks. He just uses low forward Hadoken to push Sagat to the corner, then just does more low forward Hadoken. In the past there are certain matchups I played this way (not necessarily Sagat, more like Dee Jay, Guile), which I found to be kinda exhausting. Maybe Sagat just doesn't deal well with Evil Ryu's ground game, but I still find it interesting how Daigo just plays a very solid positioning game and does no tricks (except for the occasional demon) - just holds his position - even when he's down on life. I think this is probably the best style of Evil Ryu play I've seen. Evil Ryu can pay off big time, but understanding when to go for stuff and showing some restraint is even more important than I thought. I think this applies to not only Sagat.

I don't know, maybe this is more obvious to some than others, but you really have to play Evil Ryu really solid (like Ryu, I guess). :)
    edited June 2014
    @‌Links

I know what replay you are talking about.

Gachikun, best Sagat AE2012 in the arcade's. So he obviously knows what he's doing. But watching that corner pressure I was waiting for the yolo tiger knee which was bound to happen. It literately took half his life before he finally committed to an ex tiger knee. Random people online go for that in maybe 2 seconds.
    Off course he's playing Daigo and this was a very high played match. But the pressure Diago was putting on him will probably not happen for you online. No disrespect to Gachikun (he would whoop my ass so bad), but if he showed a little less respect he would have gotten out of that corner a lot faster.

E.ryu definitely needs to be played super solid, but if your playing with resets you can take a few punches just to get that one opening into 500+ damage maybe even the round. I recently uploaded one of my matches for the first time, where I can show it to you.

This is me playing against my training partner, it was a little bit laggy and I was not playing very good. Alright enough with the excuses ;).
    Second round, 1:26 minute mark. Watch his life melt away.

I like playing with resets and I think its where E.Ryu shines. God I wish Diago would use them some more.

Oh and as a bonus.

Rolento can suck !@#$%, especially his st.HP. At least we can get a nice corner mixup on him ^^

1:45 minute mark. Backthrow into corner crossup also works.

Feel free to give some feedback, don't be to harsh (please) haha.
  • RygRyg Joined: Posts: 146
    I love the Overhead tatsu crossup. Does it work on the other four?
    Ryg wrote: »
    I love the Overhead tatsu crossup. Does it work on the other four?

You mean the throw? No, it only works on Ibuki (credit goes to EssXtheSinner), I thought why not try it and it actually works. So I purposely tried this setup every time I fought a Ibuki/Rolento, you can see by the 3 throw techs before haha.

This was the first time I got to try it, seems a lot harder on Ibuki though. Anyway's got 1/1 so not bad.

• RygRyg Joined: Posts: 146
    I said overhead cause if they crouch it hits anyways, even technically speaking its not an overhead at all.
    Ryg wrote: »
    I said overhead cause if they crouch it hits anyways, even technically speaking its not an overhead at all.

Oh oke, I did not know that. Nice :)

That setups was nice. :) Only works on Ibuki and Rolento though?

I like the use of overheads (EX Axe Kick). I think that would make Daigo more dangerous if he threw in EX Axe Kick at Cr. MK range sometimes.
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 634
    edited July 2014
    I've just recently picked up E. Ryu after maining Duds for...well...pretty much ever and I gotta say, it's pretty sweet having a fireball lol. Been combing through the thread and noticed someone had asked already, but I haven't seen any answers yet; the Fei-long matchup. I know it's not really in E. Ru's favor really (something like 7-3 I think?) I do well against my buddy who's new at the game as well, yet I'm having trouble maintaining pressure especially on knockdown.

EX flame kick is what gives me the most trouble for some reason, normally I can just pop his ass with Dudley's f. hp fairly safely if I don't abuse it, but I can't seem to find a way to make him think twice about waking up or even delaying the wake up dp. I can cross up with varying degrees of success, but I run out of opportunities to use that as he gets wise to this tactic and then I'm kinda stuck. I feel like I should be utilizing f. mp more, but I can't seem to get it timed properly; I'm used to being able to wait until the last minute expecting the OH to come out instantly a la Dud's f. hp, but no dice.

This thread is awesome by the way, I've learned quite the fuckton reading it...
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
    If they're not using DWU you can use the throw, whiff s.mp, dive kick setup to make him whiff. Throw, walk back a frame, whiff s.mp, j.mk/hk/lk(hk is fake crossup), will all make him whiff, too. Only way he can flame kick these is to do a very late flame kick and it's very difficult. Best way is just safe jumping him, though, imo, especially with DWU in the game now. Eryu has no free safe jumps, though. He doesn't get one after sweep like Ryu, and there's nothing you can whiff that has the correct amount of frames off throws(only execption is back throw, c.mp, j.hk, but it kind sucks cuz you only hit with the tip of j.hk unless you threw them into the corner). You have to learn to time it manually. It's doable, but you'll make mistakes.
    driftlogic wrote: »
    I've just recently picked up E. Ryu after maining Duds for...well...pretty much ever and I gotta say, it's pretty sweet having a fireball lol. Been combing through the thread and noticed someone had asked already, but I haven't seen any answers yet; the Fei-long matchup. I know it's not really in E. Ru's favor really (something like 7-3 I think?) I do well against my buddy who's new at the game as well, yet I'm having trouble maintaining pressure especially on knockdown.

EX flame kick is what gives me the most trouble for some reason, normally I can just pop his ass with Dudley's f. hp fairly safely if I don't abuse it, but I can't seem to find a way to make him think twice about waking up or even delaying the wake up dp. I can cross up with varying degrees of success, but I run out of opportunities to use that as he gets wise to this tactic and then I'm kinda stuck. I feel like I should be utilizing f. mp more, but I can't seem to get it timed properly; I'm used to being able to wait until the last minute expecting the OH to come out instantly a la Dud's f. hp, but no dice.

This thread is awesome by the way, I've learned quite the fuckton reading it...

Not sure what you mean about Dudley's F + HP... Are you just standing out of range for the Flame Kick and then using F + HP delayed to catch techs and/or whiffed Flame Kick? If so maybe walking back and using far MK would be a good replacement for that.

As for F + MP, it's only a couple frames slower than Dudley's overhead, so it should be pretty similar in terms of meaty setups.

I would say the matchup isn't free, but very winnable. Evil Ryu wins in damage and the knockdown game. Flame Kick is pretty easy to get to whiff by doing certain setups with dive kick or cross-ups. You have to watch for Rekkas - be sure and respect Fei at the optimal Rekka range. However, at this range fireballs are also useful to discourage Rekkas if you have a read. You can react to EX Chicken Wing if he starts using that to go over fireballs - punish it with SRK before it hits. Once you have a lead, don't get greedy - running into a few of Fei's buttons can cost you a lot of life. A few key things:
    * Don't let him get away with Chicken Wings
    * Neutral jump to blow up poorly timed Rekkas and Chicken Wings
    * Use cross-ups liberally
    * Use focus attacks judiciously, since Fei can get off two Rekkas in time to break it
    * Don't let Fei abuse his own focus - beat it with Cr. MK xx HK Tatsu
    * Be patient!

I still sometimes have issues with Fei, but I've learned a few things since I started using Evil.
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 634
    Sorry, I meant his f. HK OH; I was typing that reply at work while still trying to hand out parts to my techs and got my wires crossed, heh. At any rate I'm gonna take yours and Dannkk's notes down and try these strats, I don't get blown up by my room mate; but I feel like I have far more trouble with his Fei than I should considering he isn't as seasoned as I am (he's more a SC/Tekken player than Street Fighter until here recently) and that'll be a big problem when I face a more competent Fei. Thanks for the tips fellas...it's back to the lab for me...
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
  • RG_AliasRG_Alias Joined: Posts: 64
    Are there any OS's for Dhalsim, Chun, Poison, and/or Juri? There are currently my hardest match ups.
    Usf4: Evil Ryu
    Mk9: Scorpion
    Doa5u: Hyabusa
    Igau: Deathstroke
    TTT2: King/A. King
    T6: King, A. King
    Trying to get into: Smash, Soulcal, Blazblu, and Uniel
  • Leady?Leady? sure you can! Joined: Posts: 441

Decapre=/=cr.mk, axe kick commentary 03:18
    Say, don't you think it's pretty? Only when a body is slashed or split open do you see this red color, like roses strewn about. Maybe I'll make that kid bloom beautifully.
    Leady? wrote: »

Did you mean cr.mp? Because cr.mp after hcf.mk also does not work on blanka.
  • Leady?Leady? sure you can! Joined: Posts: 441
    RG_Alias wrote: »

Yes, my bad.

Say, don't you think it's pretty? Only when a body is slashed or split open do you see this red color, like roses strewn about. Maybe I'll make that kid bloom beautifully.

Blanka, Rufus, and now Decapre.

• vLucifervLucifer Joined: Posts: 25
    Rufus - CR.MP Does link after M.Axe. Just delay the Tatsu. Just don't work if you link 2 Axe kicks.
    "I Am No Longer Subject To Such Weakness!

XBL: Solar Breezy/Sonneiiion
    PSN:Lucifer___v
    AE/USFIV: Evil Ryu,Oni,Akuma
    SF X T: Kazuya, Law, Jin, Akuma
    YouTube:Mark Major
  • YouScaredNoobYouScaredNoob Joined: Posts: 148
    who needs cr.mp after m.axe when you can feed that fat flop a cr.lp > cr.hp?

SAKO COMBO THAT ALL DAYY!
    What am i suppose to do against these characters? The only i can do against bison is try to focus scissor kicks, but if he uses a different version I'll get with both hits instead of one. If jump back or get hit by scissor kicks i'm on my way to the corner where it gets worse. i try to get in closer and i have to guess between s.hk and scissor kicks. Head stomp beats everything! even dive kick. I think the only way to beat is to evade it, but sometimes when i focus dash through it we flys behind me. I think eventhubs has this as 6-4 evil, so there must be something i'm not doing.

My problem with yun is his neutral jumping. Is it possible to react to his dive kick pressure (when he converts a neutral jump into a dive kick) with a shoryuken, because a lot of mine got either blocked or got hit before i could finish buffering. Also i always get counter hit when i try to anti-air his dive kick with cr.hp. All these dive kicks are done within evil's cr.mk range. I'm also not sure when to hit a button because he always jumps right after, so if a press something i either get counter hit, punished, or put right back into pressure.
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,774
    edited October 2014
    I made a little video showing a gimmicky set up against Gief to make his lariat whiff. It's nothing new or something you haven't seen before. I just remembered how other characters have methods to try and make my SRK whiff so they can punish me and tried to apply it in this match up. But anyways, after scoring a knockdown against Gief if you jump at them, they'll always use lariat, right? It's a great anti-air and beats cross ups easily. I figured maybe if I do a forward jump tatsu as soon as Geif is waking up from a knockdown I might have time to punish the lariat recovery. And well, it works great against the punch lariat. I can get a full punish. I didn't go for it in the video because I was afraid of screwing it up since the match was kind of laggy and it's Gief.

If this guy had used the kick lariat the jump in probably won't work and I probably would have gotten punished with another lariat after the wake up lariat recovers. I don't play Gief so I have no idea if the kick lariat is a good anti-air. If it is and they know what I'm trying to do then the only thing I can go for is a cross up tatsu that hits him out of the lariat. I was doing that before but I thought it would be better to try and get a better punish by dodging the lariat altogether. I'll admit, I use this all the time against online Gief's because they won't stop using wake up lariat when I'm airborne. But against better Gief's this is probably more like something you only pull out when you really need it. And of course if they have U2 then just forget about doing this because it will catch you.
  • AudricVsFoodAudricVsFood Joined: Posts: 293
    What am i suppose to do against these characters? The only i can do against bison is try to focus scissor kicks, but if he uses a different version I'll get with both hits instead of one. If jump back or get hit by scissor kicks i'm on my way to the corner where it gets worse. i try to get in closer and i have to guess between s.hk and scissor kicks. Head stomp beats everything! even dive kick. I think the only way to beat is to evade it, but sometimes when i focus dash through it we flys behind me. I think eventhubs has this as 6-4 evil, so there must be something i'm not doing.

My problem with yun is his neutral jumping. Is it possible to react to his dive kick pressure (when he converts a neutral jump into a dive kick) with a shoryuken, because a lot of mine got either blocked or got hit before i could finish buffering. Also i always get counter hit when i try to anti-air his dive kick with cr.hp. All these dive kicks are done within evil's cr.mk range. I'm also not sure when to hit a button because he always jumps right after, so if a press something i either get counter hit, punished, or put right back into pressure.

Against Bison:
    - Throw fireballs whenever he walks forward. He can't use specials to go through your fireballs when he doesn't have charge.
    - Scissor kicks gets beat out by any normal if you time it correctly.
    - If he's walking forward, he obviously has no charge for scissor kicks. That means he'll be more likely to throw out that st.HK
    - You can beat head stomp with nj.HP

Against Yun:
    - It is possible to react to dive kick pressure. You can st.LK, st.LP, st.MP, or cl.MK him out of dive kicks. It's hard, but it takes practice. You can DP, too, but for obvious reasons, it can be a lot harder.
    - You can focus attack through some of his higher angled dive kicks, especially if he hits your heads. You can get level 2 full crumple.
    - I personally don't like using cr.HP to counter Yun's dive kick.
    - If he's jumping at a certain range, maybe you need to fake a normal or wiggle around at that range he likes to jump at in order for you to open him up.
    And most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.
  • AudricVsFoodAudricVsFood Joined: Posts: 293
    And most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.
  • jetsetradiojjetsetradioj Joined: Posts: 30
    Any advice on the Makoto matchup? if i get hit, its combo into reset, into stun. i get blown up by the command grab. any advice on the mindset i should take while entering the match? ways to bait the command grabs? option selects. etc. thanks! I noticed i can zone her for a little bit, but once she comes in with that momentum its over. oh, and reversal uppunch is 8 frames, how do i safe jump that? Im really new to this game so bare with me. coming here for help.