Time to go to work, guys! Dante team building thread

JocelotJocelot Don't give up!Joined: Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
As MvC3 evolves, so will each character's strengths and team strategies. Let's discuss some good team building/ match ups for everyone's favourite demon hunter!
Party Robot!!
Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
jak d ripr wrote: »
That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.

Comments

• JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Reserved, just in case.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    Reserved
    Party Robot!!
  • SaikoshinSaikoshin Joined: Posts: 75
    Dante (Jam Session)/Deadpool (Happy trigger)/ Ammy (Cold Star)
  • currentlemoncurrentlemon Joined: Posts: 125
    I have a several of teams

Team 1
    Spidy(Web Ball)/Dante(Jam Session)/Ammy(Cold Star) or Tron(undecided)
    Team 2
    Dante(Jam Session)/Hsien-Ko(Pendulum)/Ammy(Cold Star) or Tron(undecided)
    Team 3
    Dante(Jam Session)/ Ammy(Cold Star)/ Hsien-Ko(Gong)

Team 1 and 2 are for complete rushdown and team 3 is used against zoners.
    People's dreams, have no end! - Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"
  • Evil0UnstakabulEvil0Unstakabul DRF DoomNeto Joined: Posts: 570
    Dante |Jam Session| - Deadpool |Happy Trigger| - Morrigan |Dark Harmonizer|

Just rushdown with Dante and Deadpool and heave Morrigan's assist for free meter.
  • Phones01Phones01 Joined: Posts: 43
    main team: Dante jam session
    X23 ankle slicer
    Ryu hadoken or shoryuken
    second team:dante jam session
    Zero hadangeki
    wesker low assist
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akuma/Dante/Wesker

Akuma is a great meter builder which Dante can use really well, however, I feel that Dante and Akuma are at their best when they have assit, so Wesker whom I think is really good even without assist is good to have at the end
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
    Think I'm going to rock Dante (Jam Session)/ Hulk (Gamma Wave)/ Taskmaster (Up arrows), having a light lockdown/rushdown team. Hulk will use arrows to get in, Jam Session for OTG launches off air grabs/command throw, Dante uses air trick to get in. Taskmaster's arrows for some extra lockdown, Hulk's Gamma Wave to extend combo's.

That will be the first team I put work into, I'll be back here post launch with changes/tweaks.
    Party Robot!!
  • SaikoshinSaikoshin Joined: Posts: 75
    Also Dante (Jam Session)/Thor (idk lol)/Dormammu(idk)
  • Smexy MillzSmexy Millz //_- Joined: Posts: 927
    Dante and sentinel make a decent team that takes advantage of the drones and teleport... sent can also use jam session to extend the length of his combos..

Currently using sent, storm, dante
  • GREEKGREEK Ryu's been smoking that shit Joined: Posts: 556
    trish / dante / doom?

trish will be awesome as a lockdown and meter builder (this is my understanding from the beta tests. she was hella good back then. now?) where dante will have the capcom assist and doom for his obvious rocks assists. then dhc into dante safely (I hope :X) and let dante go beast mode with trish lockdown assist and doom rocks assists. not bad on paper, IMO!

edit! just read the trish assits, air or ground trap would be the choice, depending on the matchup? or general effectiveness of each ability. I'd go with air trap, since doom has the ground covered ;)
    GUILTYGEARXRD HOLY SMOKES
  • DukeSharpDukeSharp Duke# - Italy Joined: Posts: 337
    Dante and sentinel make a decent team that takes advantage of the drones and teleport... sent can also use jam session to extend the length of his combos..

Currently using sent, storm, dante
    Hi smexy, curiously I was planning to use the same exact team as you.
    Can you give me some tips on which are the best assists and all you think is worth saying? That would be really appreciated.
    Offline is better.
    Hi smexy, curiously I was planning to use the same exact team as you.
    Can you give me some tips on which are the best assists and all you think is worth saying? That would be really appreciated.

Dante on jam session.. Allows storm to do 2x C.A (Crouching light kicks) into jam session launcher xx magic series xx otg hailstorm..
    Allows sent to do crouching B + Jam session, Fly, J.b, J.C, S, B, S, Magic series, Otg Rocket punch, Hsf

Sent on A assist drones forward allow for dante to do cross up teleport shenanigens and increases his combo damage output over 600 and helps storm do more chip/build meter whilst running away.

Storm on whirlwind because it helps you control the screen and pushes people back when you need some space..

The team works and is currently on of the best teams I can think of at the moment... I tried zero and mags instead of dante but they dont bring much to the team and have less health are less versatile..

Trish and storm is really your pick.. trish is better but I just prefer storm when the tides are turned againsts me
  • HotdogmarchantHotdogmarchant Egotistical Narcisist Joined: Posts: 192
    Dante (Jam Session) / Chun Li (Lightning Legs) / Spidey (Web ball).

I haven't really been studying the game too much, so this team is based purely around my love for the characters, but I've heard Web ball is a great assist and basically leads to free combos when it lands (Dante looks great at taking advantage of that). Chun was in there purely for the fact that she's my favourite SF character ever, but it seems her assist is ridiculously good at locking down and has great comeback potential when she's in lvl3 X Factor.

Any problems with the team that people can see?
  • dragonkidomaticdragonkidomatic Joined: Posts: 23
    Dante (Jam Session)/Dormammu (Purification)/Iron Man (Unibeam)

I mainly chose this team due to their DLC, and they seem to compliment each other rather well. I do wonder if maybe I should put Dormammu on point to build meter? or is Dante better suited as a point in terms of building meter.
  • The_IcemanThe_Iceman Joined: Posts: 9
    Im still trying to figure my team out. My main team so far is Dante and Wesker then sometimes Ryu or Gouki but i'm really liking how Dante and Deadpool play together.:wonder:
    Not trying cuz your scared of failure is like killing yourself cuz your scared of dead.
  • NukleuZNukleuZ Norwegian Scrub Joined: Posts: 49
    So far I'm thinking Dante,Iron Man & Wesker
    3S: Urien, Alex, Yun
    GG: Ky, Sol, Anji
    Tekken: Leo&Feng
  • FF7CloudFF7Cloud Joined: Posts: 61
    I was thinking about having Dante/Zero/Viewtiful Joe or

Dante/Zero/Sentinel
    ^ mainly
    Dante and sent both work together so well its unbelievable.. call drones teleport :D
  • neemo6neemo6 huh what Joined: Posts: 531

Dante/Zero/Sentinel
    ^ mainly

Thats the team im sticking with right now.
    SSFIV: Sagat/Rufus
    MvC3: Zero/Skrull/Doom
  • ShiizuShiizu Theory Fighter Joined: Posts: 391 ✭✭
    Dante/Taskmaster/Phoenix
    UMvC3: Viper / Trish / Dante, Zero / Morrigan / Phoenix
    USF4: Sakura, Akuma, Poison
    IGAU: Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow
  • NukleuZNukleuZ Norwegian Scrub Joined: Posts: 49

Felt like saying why :P

Dante - A- Jam Session
    Iron Man - A- UniBeam
    Wesker B- Samurai Edge

Iron Man has a really good DHC after Dante's Hyper.
    Dante's assist makes it really easy to hit with Wesker's lvl3 after his own combo.
    Iron Man can also easily extend both Dante and Wesker combos with his assist.

I also want to find out if you can do an unblockable with Wesker assist as Dante does his :dp::m:>:dp::m: since the last hit there is an overhead isn't it?

Really looking forward to sit in the lab with this team :D
    3S: Urien, Alex, Yun
    GG: Ky, Sol, Anji
    Tekken: Leo&Feng
  • Gamerboy15Gamerboy15 Joined: Posts: 76
    My team right now is Super Skrull with B assist, Dante with A assist, and Taskmaster with B assist or Sentinel with A assist.

It's mixed with rushdowns, zoning, and some keep away games with it.
  • SJDeucesSJDeuces Hold that.... Joined: Posts: 317
    Yo, im thinkin of Dante Jam session/ Wesker sam edge/ but dont know who my 3rd should be. Dante and wesker look like they can rushdown together good but does anyone know a 3rd that would complement them both. Thinkn of chun because of legs assist but iono, havent played yet.
    SSF4 AE: Dudley, Juri, Eryu
    UMVC 3: Dante/Vergil/Hawkeye maybe?
  • Supah_ApeSupah_Ape Joined: Posts: 62
    Zero/Dante/Super Skrull is what im going to try and learn the game with.
  • ShineErectionShineErection This party's gettin' crazy! Let's rock! Joined: Posts: 726
    Spoiler:

Just taken straight from the post I made in the team building thread, and the one I'm still currently using. I'm thinking I might change the assists though.
    UMvC3: Dante/Trish/Vergil

GT: xDMCxShine
  • Viciou$Viciou$ I'm not finished yet! Joined: Posts: 232
    I'm thinking about running Trish (Low Voltage)/ Dormammu (Dark Hole)/ Dante (Jam Session).
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Lei/Jaycee
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Storm/Super Skrull/Akuma
    PSN - Akushitsu
    Av by Savaii
  • TheStreetzKingTheStreetzKing Joined: Posts: 279
    im def. gonna use Dante as my point, I am not sure who else I want. I am thinking wesker, or dead pool because a lot of early videos show them working well together. The third im liking either chun cause her rush down is awesome or someone with a good assist and hope I can punish early
  • JonnyQuestJonnyQuest burst off in yo mouf Joined: Posts: 1,383
    i'm thinking deadpool(gitan-urama)/dante(jam session)/dr doom(hidden missles)

i'm also wondering, once u devil trigger with dante.. and tag out. how much more bad ass is jam session? :wonder:
    www.facebook.com/jq864
    www.twitter.com/downsouthclash

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • AlboShinobiAlboShinobi Joined: Posts: 631
    Spoiler:

Just taken straight from the post I made in the team building thread, and the one I'm still currently using. I'm thinking I might change the assists though.
    I was thinking to main the same team but not sure how good trish is for keep away zoning. I'll try akuma as well. It's gonna take a while to find out what the best teams are.
    "Your strength is equal to that of your will to win! "

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlboRacerZ
  • Robo-mitsuRobo-mitsu Shinobiest Bitch! Joined: Posts: 2,983
    i'm thinking deadpool(gitan-urama)/dante(jam session)/dr doom(hidden missles)

i'm also wondering, once u devil trigger with dante.. and tag out. how much more bad ass is jam session? :wonder:

You get a 15% damage boost when DT'd.
    He has risen! I declare the 20th July National Ninja Day!

PSN: DemonKingLaharl (All the good usernames were taken. :sweat:)
  • defcondefcon kurodosatolike Joined: Posts: 809
    Thor (mighty smash) on point, and battery/Dante (weasel shot) as secondary pointman/Sentinel (up rockets)

Haven't been able to figure out how to combo Dante Jam Session with Thor stuff, but I like Weasel Shot for covering more of the screen horizontally. Cover fire for me to move around with Thor.
    to my elite peeps with the murderous mystique
    i hit the streets with beats and they critique for weeks
    they be like, how that kid rah reach the peak?
    pull out my heat and use my technique to speak
  • BmanBman Heart of Space Joined: Posts: 709

I'm running this team currently.
    AE Main: Ken
    3rd Strike Main: Ken
    Guilty Gear Main: Ken
    Soul Caliber Main: Ken
    Barbie Doll Main: Ken
  • Dreadz18xDreadz18x Long hair dont care Joined: Posts: 525
  • ChargiChargi from Vienna with love Joined: Posts: 150
    Currently maining Dante (jam), Ammy (cold), Storm (whirlwind).

Ammy's assist + Dante's teleport gets some ambigious combo starters going.
    Storm's assist can help you getting the enemy into the corner.

Dante can cover assists with his zoning projectiles.

Storm is a very strong third char, can DHC after Ammy or close Dante, got lots of Chip Dmg, good keepaway AND rushdown game.

I'm very happy with this combination of characters. Don't wanna miss a team member :)
    Sent or doom assist are almost essential to dante rushdown seeming as the cover you whilst you teleport which should be your main way in..
    Zero/Dante/Sent Just tear through people who make one mistake only bad point is zero's dhc capabilities when not in the corner
  • brawlerkingbrawlerking Joined: Posts: 162
    My team is Dante(jam session)/Deadpool(happy trigger)/Chunli(Lightning legs)
    That team is hardcore rush down with dante loop special attack jump cancel and calling assist of either Deadpool or Chun li to keep in corner they work really well together and is by far my most favorite and when need to you can keep away with deadpool. You can also dante guns DHC into deadpool guns pretty OG actually.

Wesker(otg trigger)/Dante(Jam session)/Chun li(Lightning legs)
    this team is pretty rush down as well and is probably one of the best in my opinion because wesker in this team is point for pressure with dante and Chunli. Wesker is the meter battery in this team for dante and chunli because they do very good dmg especially with meter i have not gone into much depth with this team but it speaks for its self.

also the most annoying team i saw with a dante is Sentinel(mini sents)/Dante(jam session)/Deadpool( cutting charge slash thing)
    pretty much Thrax mvc3 style dante is the commando while deadpool is a bit of his one thing but sent just combos off of jam sesion into long combo that does 80% dmg..ya a bit too much imo
  • Ironeddy123Ironeddy123 Joined: Posts: 6
    I have been using

Dante (jam session)+ Dorm (dark hole)+ Akuma (whirlwind kick)

Just went on a 7 game win streak with this team :wow:
  • inspyreinspyre Joined: Posts: 18
    Ive been runnin Dante - Jam Session/ Morrigan - Dark Harmonizer/ Dr Doom - Molecular Shield (rocks) For my playstyle, im always in a good meter sitiuation, and i have total rushdown capabilities with dante on point and doom rocks
  • kinetic-1kinetic-1 Joined: Posts: 464
    ive been using dante(jam session) deadpool(tigger happy) akuma(whirlwind kick) and it's been workin out pretty well
  • Call2ArmsCall2Arms Now officially known as "Quinto." Joined: Posts: 121
    Dante/Zero/Sentinel.

Dante and Zero are good versatile characters. Zero's assists are alright at best. Sentinel is really good with his assist providing very good cover for both characters... and if I lose them. I just cheese it out. lol
    Badurka Garage!!!
  • flytai45flytai45 Joined: Posts: 215
    Help with Dante vs zoners/keepaway teams!!!!!

so I've been playing alot of mvc3 as of late and I seem to be having alot of trouble getting past a good player who zones, and I was wondering what methods you guys had for closing the gap and approaching people who zone?
  • AKZuMAKZuM I Make Blizzards Joined: Posts: 97
    Dante has 40+ Special moves and a double jump, learn how to use them.

also, I heard training mode was pretty good in this game.:tup:
    Good cover assist like Sentinel's Drones, Hulk's Gamma Wave, Doom's Molecular Shield/ Hidden Missles and then teleport in (:d::d::s:). Thats what I would do.
    Party Robot!!
  • lowhighkanglowhighkang Joined: Posts: 178
    Super Jump - Dash in then (S). Use assists to protect Dante from recovery.
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭
    Down Down S...
    No more pony fanfics. I stream every day since I have no life. Watch it now, slut!

www.twitch.tv/gumms
  • Left CoastLeft Coast Joined: Posts: 10
    im digging Haggar/Dante/Wolverine

I have Haggar on point because if I dont start off near them I cant get in, plus I like to build meter with him since he doesnt need to use it.
  • ShineErectionShineErection This party's gettin' crazy! Let's rock! Joined: Posts: 726
    I was thinking to main the same team but not sure how good trish is for keep away zoning. I'll try akuma as well. It's gonna take a while to find out what the best teams are.

In my opinion Trish is amazing, at EVERYTHING. I expected her to only be useful when I decided I needed to keep people out, but she's proved to be able to RTSD as well.
    UMvC3: Dante/Trish/Vergil

GT: xDMCxShine
  • AlboShinobiAlboShinobi Joined: Posts: 631
    how fast is teleport. If you know an opponent is doing a projectile with more recovery then shouldnt teleport destroy them? or are all projectiles fast in this game or recover fast. I gotta check some frame data
    "Your strength is equal to that of your will to win! "

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlboRacerZ
  • JozhearJozhear Densetsu no Jozhear Joined: Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭
    I'm using Dante, Jam session
    Wolverine, Berserker Barrage
    Dormammu, Dark Hole

When I'm up close with Dante I'll do something like this

c. L, L, M+Dormammu assist, H, Bold Move, and see what happens

If Dormammu hits, you can use spike for style points or just combo into the flame wheel

If not you can chop em and keep going with a lot of other stuff

You can also combo into the untechable knockdown that "The Hammer" provides using this method. I think that's pretty solid but as for post-knockdown set ups, I know none currently

Wolverine and Dormammus assist both work great for teleport mix ups.