Burn in the Flames of the Faltine! Dormammu Combo/Strategy Discussion thread.

AndarelAndarel Joined: Posts: 438
Reserved, for now! Gotta get that lab time in.

Command List

Suffer: :f::h:
Fire Carpet: :df::h:
Dark Hole: :qcf::atk: Air OK.
Purification: :dp::atk:
Dark Spell: Creation: :qcb::l:
Dark Spell: Destruction: :qcb::m:
Liberation: :qcb::h:
Flight Mode: :qcb::s: Air OK.

Chaotic Flame: :qcf::atk::atk:
Stalking Flare: :qcb::atk::atk:
Dimensional Bubble: :dp::atk::atk: Costs 3 bars.
Wallbounce moves:
- Suffer (f.C). Combo into a Liberation release or Dark Hole midscreen, possibly more? Needs testing, I believe.

OTG moves:
- Purification, cancel quickly into Chaotic Flame.
Plenty of Liberation releases
- 2C0D Liberation, which will carry the opponent with the spikes?
- 1C2D Liberation, which needs an assist to combo into the meteors but holds the opponent for some time.
- 2C1D Liberation, which will keep the opponent low to the ground, I believe hard to follow up from.
- 0C3D Liberation, which blows the opponent into the air for massive damage and followups.[/url]

Magic Series
Ground magic series for Dormammu is unlike any other character's in that he cannot gatling into :h: from :m:. Therefore, his standard combo into launch is :d::l: :m: :s:.

From there, standard air combo (no flight) looks like j.:l: j.:m: j.:h: (wait a moment) j.:s:.

His main OTG option without Liberation is Purification xx Chaotic Flame, which must be done very quickly or the pillar knocks them out of Chaotic Flame's vertical range. With Liberation, 0C3D is the strongest, but 2C0D works too.

The simplest combo, then, is this: :d::l: :d::m: :s: (wait a moment) sj.:m: sj.:m: sj.:h: sj.:s: OTG :dp::m: :qcf::atk::atk: Use Purification strength as necessary - you may have to use H instead of M. Purification needs to be canceled on the first hit for Chaotic Flame to connect.

Getting more complex, you can start adding in wallbounces and Fire Carpets. :f::h: wallbounces, so near the corner you can do something like :d::l: :d::m: :f::h: :d::h: :f::h: :d::h: :s: and go into the air combo from there. Fire Carpet also links into :d::m: which will link back into Fire Carpet 3 times in the corner (see Mission 8).

Projectile Breakers
Some of Dormammu's moves will beat projectiles clean if they come into contact during the move's active hitboxes. These moves are:
:m:, :d::m:, j.:m:, :h:, :d::h:, :df::h:, j.:h:, :s:, j.:s:.

I have yet to find a projectile these moves will not beat, though projectiles like Arthur's 3x daggers are spaced such that only two or so will get hit.

To the lab!

Fancier stuff for now:
(Deals about 500k damage, 50% on CapAm).

(Deals about 1100k damage, 100% on CapAm)

Comments

• AndarelAndarel Joined: Posts: 438
    Reserved, post 2.
    Reserved, post the third.
  • StrangevisionStrangevision cxnt of cxnts Joined: Posts: 479
    Word of advice, you might want to separate his combos

-meterless combos
    -meter combos
    -POC/POD comboes
    -X-factor combos

I wouldnt make a lvl2 POC his bread and butter. Love what you did making videos of the actual juggles, im gonna have to use that.
    Star light, star bright
    I know, I was just writing things up with those two videos I had.

PoC / PoD stuff will end up separate when I finish my homework.
    Can you replicate the combo in his reveal trailer, specifically the POC/POD charging mid combo?

I want to see some more of that shit.
    Star light, star bright
    Only the first two combos in his reveal trailer really mattered, the rest were more reset-y and didn't quite combo.

Those two were:

cr.A st.B st.S > sj.A j.B j.C j.S > PotC > OTG 1C0D Liberation (Corner-only? Probably not.) > st.B st.S > sj.A j.B j.C > Dark Hole (Air) (DH hit late in the trailer, didn't combo.)

cr.A st.B st.S > sj.B j.C j.S > OTG Purification xx Chaotic Flame
    So, thoughts on format? I'm perfectly comfortable with most things, but I'm not sure what works best. :l: :m: :h: ? cr.A st.B f.C? It's up to the people who'll be using this, mostly.
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649
    if anyone (jester) is willing to test, i'll post some combo ideas
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
  • WinnerStaysWinnerStays Joined: Posts: 110
    I know this is probaly the wrong thread but how the hell do you realease a lvl 1 pwr o the creator? i can only charge it 3 times and let go.... and of course the command list lacks this
    Visit Winnerstays.com Its WIP, Dont be shy to drop your email in the subscription box folks.
    My GT: Hey Squidward
    No, it's on there.

Use Liberation (qcb.C) to release your charges.
  • SLVRNBLKSLVRNBLK C-BASS Joined: Posts: 83
    I was not able to get level one liberation to otg, that being said rules of thumb with dormmu are

s.a s.b and c.a c.b combo, he can't combo into his s.c or c.c HOWEVER after looking at it, if people are push blocking early you might be able to do s.a s.c or c.a c.c....this doesn't combo but MAY be a frame trap...with no metere you can go E into j.b j.b j.c j.e for more damage then when they are on the floor if you don't have meter you can throw down flame carpet or purification. a better solution would be to teleport mixup with an assist as an oki game if you want to be dangerous, you might be able to gain a power for liberation before you do this

3D liberation has a ton of hit stun, does otg and can easily be supered into from a distance as they do not recover until they hit the floor

BNB with three bars is ABE -> BBE-> level 3 , if you xfactor right as soon as you get to the ground then perform your level 3 then you could kill most characters

BONUS (still needs further testing) if phoenix is sitting on 5 meters kill her with chaotic flames from a distance, she will then enter dark phoenix mode which you can then KFC to another chaotic flames...I think she is vulnerable right as soon as she turns letting the second kfc chaotic flames connect and kill her instantly

EDIT MORE BONUS c.mp works well as an anti air and if buffered with exchange afterwards can act as an option select...his arm is also engulfed with flames which will actually eat up akumas air fireballs (at least from what i saw)
    President of the Pacific Incorporated: Salt and Sodium Expansion Division aka P.I.S.S.E.D.
    MVC3: DEADPOOL DOOM AND DANTE AKA 3D
    AE: GEN TILL I DIE...or yun just to be lame
    Dragon Lounge reppin!
  • JesterJester Jagga Toof Joined: Posts: 630 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    if anyone (jester) is willing to test, i'll post some combo ideas

Post up your ideas, I'm always down to test shit. I'm gonna work more with dormammu tomorrow for sure, I spent most of the evening today with sentinel.
    cool

1.(with 3D charged) c.A + ThorMightySmash, c.B, OTG c.A, c.B, f+C, teleport, juggle with j.A, j.B, land, lvl3PotC, E, sj.A, sj.C xx aduf sj.A, sj.C xx flight, sj.A, sj.C xx portal, sj.A, sj.E, land, purification

-you can begin the combo with fire carpet loops if you want and see how hitstun decay effects it. i would've replaced the ending otg purification with 0d1c spike but you said that doesn't work anymore. you should be able to otg with a second assist that hits OTG (like Skrull Stone Smite) and see if you can tag a super on before the opponent flips out.

2. any air combo ending with E, land, airdash over + j.E....

-i just wanna know if this connects
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
    cool

1.(with 3D charged) c.A + ThorMightySmash, c.B, OTG c.A, c.B, f+C, teleport, juggle with j.A, j.B, land, lvl3PotC, E, sj.A, sj.C xx aduf sj.A, sj.C xx flight, sj.A, sj.C xx portal, sj.A, sj.E, land, purification

-you can begin the combo with fire carpet loops if you want and see how hitstun decay effects it. i would've replaced the ending otg purification with 0d1c spike but you said that doesn't work anymore. you should be able to otg with a second assist that hits OTG (like Skrull Stone Smite) and see if you can tag a super on before the opponent flips out.

2. any air combo ending with E, land, airdash over + j.E....

-i just wanna know if this connects

none of those will connect. His suffer doesn't recover fast enough for a teleport into attack, and hitstun decay doesn't really allow that many normals, and you can't combo after his dark hole without an assist. But I will be trying airdash and flight combos today, so I'll keep you posted. Also dormammu's only otg normal is fire carpet, even though j.E hits downwards, it'll whiff
    OK thanks.
  • KimmorKimmor I am Olvaha Joined: Posts: 936

I'll just leave this here.. That was badass
    You're wasting my time and my time is money and my mind is on my money and my money is on my mind
    PSN: Olvaha
    GFWL: Olvaha
    Bodybuilding enthusiast
    AE2012 Oni scrub
    Combo from there:

cr.A st.B f.C st.C S sj.B j.C j.E OTG Purification xx Chaotic Flame XFC 1C2D Liberation (hits at the peak of the spike) OTG Purification xx Chaotic Flame
  • EssexEssex hahaha i poast thrad Joined: Posts: 384

100% works on entire cast (including sent) i just dont' have him unlocked.
    requires 3 potd

c.:l: c.:m: f.:h: c:h: xx chaos flame xfc c.:h: :s: (super jump) sj :h: sj. :s: (land) :hcb: :h: :qcf: :l: chaos flame

does 1,300,500 or something but it does enough to kill sent

if anyone wants me to test stuff let me know ill try it out
    I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to take to the danger room for testing, but can you check:

When the opponent is in OTG state, drop a 1C1D liberation and then Purification ASAP. What happens? What about 2C1D?
    2c1d is the only liberation that will otg. and you can call hellfire and still hit with purification if you hit them out of the air with S late enough, but if you were high up, then it won't work.
    Not trying to OTG. I'm trying to see if Hellfire will knock them back to the ground so you can combo after Liberation OTG.

I got some training mode time earlier today at a Best Buy kiosk. Controller was a broken x360 controller, but the guys said I could try and hook up a stick on Saturday and we'll see what I can figure out from there.
    OK jester try this.

c.A, c.B, f.C, 3D, teleport, j.C(late), land, E....or whatever after teleport.
    OK jester try this.

c.A, c.B, f.C, 3D, teleport, j.C(late), land, E....or whatever after teleport.

I'm gonna assume you want me to try this midscreen because of the teleport. sounds interesting, i'll give it a shot. Results in a few.

Edit: Not possible. Dormammu's teleport is relative to the character, not a screen position like super skrull's, so you're always to high to hit them before they recover. Cool concept tho, that'd be dope if it worked. It might work with like a drone assist to cover the fall time.
    OK, what about airdash down_downforward to put yourself in position after the teleport?
  • Psych0Sh0tPsych0Sh0t CAW CAW CAW Joined: Posts: 1,856
    I had some extensive time to play with Dormammu last night (friend has a legit copy) and he's a pain in the ass to get in on. If you're going to play him as a zoning character, Hand of the Destructor should be level 3 most of the time, since it seems to stop all attempts to dash in on him. I had him as my assist 2 character, and saved my KFC for him, so that I can use him Cosmic Catastrophe (Stalk Flare) and then KFC and use CC again.
    Zombie/Dark Knight/Foot Dive
    Cosmic Catastrophe?

0C3D and 2C0D are the best in my experience for stopping dash-ins (the former for damage and the latter for . 2C1D is the best on defense, 0C3D is the best combo extender, 3C0D is godlike utility, and a free level 3 I believe...most Liberations are great.
    OK, what about airdash down_downforward to put yourself in position after the teleport?

I tried, but they fall while you're still reappearing, and his airdash goes like 3 feet = (.
  • Psych0Sh0tPsych0Sh0t CAW CAW CAW Joined: Posts: 1,856
    Cosmic Catastrophe?

0C3D and 2C0D are the best in my experience for stopping dash-ins (the former for damage and the latter for . 2C1D is the best on defense, 0C3D is the best combo extender, 3C0D is godlike utility, and a free level 3 I believe...most Liberations are great.

Cosmic Catastrophe is his Stalk Flare. I call it that because Stalk Flare sounds incredibly stupid.
    Zombie/Dark Knight/Foot Dive
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,434
    They both sound equally dumb IMO.
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They both sound equally dumb IMO.

true that.
    But with Cosmic catastrophe at least it makes sense (dhalsim Ultra-wise lol)

just call it Fireball and be done with it imo.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    [Mian/Gang-il/Meitenkun | Ralf/Yamazaki/K' | Kensou/Vice/Geese]
    [Lucky Chloe | Poison Ivy | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    [Saiki/Ralf/Vice | PainWheel/Cerebella/Eliza]
  • KarsticlesKarsticles Greetings. Joined: Posts: 2,700
    Cosmic Catastrophe is his Stalk Flare. I call it that because Stalk Flare sounds incredibly stupid.
    Maybe that's because the move is called Stalking Flare, and not "Stalk Flare", like it belongs in a fairy tale about a kid who sells a cow for magic beans. Cosmic Catastrophe sounds too dramatic.
    "Karst" for short.
    My YouTube Channel, Dedicated to Fighting Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8XyfyFtAkiWPRuW6mHB9sQ

My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
    My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
    I tried, but they fall while you're still reappearing, and his airdash goes like 3 feet = (.

OK thanks for testing. i have some other ideas but they're not even worth mentioning. ill see whats cooking on release.
  • boyonweedboyonweed Joined: Posts: 642
    So Im using dormammu, and I cant help but to notice, how god damn hard it is to combo into his pillars... Im sure this has already been brought up, but damn its hard.
    Please add me on xbl, I love to play people be them good or bad
    My youtube channels
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBunsofstone
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thegreatbunsofstone
  • EssexEssex hahaha i poast thrad Joined: Posts: 384
    Dormammu 1.2 mil Damage, No assist, no X-factor

Dormammu 1.2 mil Damage, No assist, no X-factor

You make it sound so good. lol.

2C1D and 3 meters aint that bad tho..i guess.
    Star light, star bright
    Some things to mess around with, I suppose.

Off a fire carpet, is the best way to follow up just cr.A cr.B S / cr.C S depending on distance?
    What A moves can we remove from the combos (to reduce scaling)? I'm pretty sure you can do S j.B j.C j.S. and it will connect.
    What happens if you spike an enemy into Fire Carpet?
    You can use Suffer and bounce indefinitely, right? What is the range on that, and is there anything other than Dark Hole, Liberation, or Purification that will be able to follow up midscreen?
    B moves break projectiles, apparently? I know I'll be testing that out extensively when the game drops.
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,434
    No fly combo's yet?
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,179
    Works on everyone:

2L,M,S;jc jM,jH,jS, Lvl3 Liberation (destruction only), Chaotic Flame. . .590,000+ damage. . . In the corner replacing Chaotic Flame with Stalking Flare looks like it will give him some set-ups with flight. . .at the least just taking on a purification makes it do around 593,000. . .

On sent it looks like he might have a loop with jL,jH,jS. . . I know for sure he can do it 3 times. . .
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    T7:Katarina,Bob. Xrd:Jack-o.I2:Superman,Black Adam.
    Ed_SFV Discord:
    https://discord.gg/w6naQPC
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man whoever has the game before release needs to start theory fighter up!

Okay, initial impressions of a lot of training mode and random online matches for the few early birds who got the game.

Starting with Dormammu on the scrub level is like putting up a kick me sign. Everyone loves to get into your face.

I have very little MVC2/TVC experience so I am scrubbing around with him in random online matches. I really like Suffer (f.H) in which you can cancel off into Chaotic Flame. Good keepaway tool in addition to Dark Hole + random df.H's you can lay around.

df.H isn't worth using when you're cornered too much. I'm running Dorm-Dark hole/Doom-Plasma/Wesker-Low shot. I'm primarily using Doom to keep away some while I chip with Dark hole and Purification, and casting just Destruction for the 3pop move. I haven't found a good amount of downtime to cast enough to use the meteor or lava rain, but they are good hit confirms into Chaotic Flame.

s.H is a good anti-air to keep people out that jump over Fire carpets or Dark holes up close.

Suffer x2 into 3d is pretty decent damage. Pops for a lot.

I feel Dormammu needs some pretty good assists to help keep out initial aggro and plan around Dark Holes, Purification, and picking up the right Destruction/Creation mixes to chip and open people up to Chaotic Flame and more keep out.

Dormammu can air dash 8 way but he can't do the attack cancel into dashes I think. Sorry, I don't know all the lingo at the moment. But I can play around and do it with Doom.

IMO Dormammu is big time hit/run and keep out character. His combos are pretty much basic. When he can hit and run, better have that meter to blow people up with the big combos posted earlier in this thread.

NOVA OUT.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    Yep, that's right re: motion. He has an 8-way airdash (faster moving backwards than forwards) and a flight mode. However, he cannot cancel his ground dash into an attack.

It's really weird.
    I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like his jump arc is super short. It could be because he is kind of a larger than normal sized character though.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • AngelicAngelic Chaos Dimension Joined: Posts: 835
    If you xfactor, the limit of yoga catastrophes you can have on the screen is limited by meter and timer only.
    I had confirmed 3 out.

if the ball kills the opponent it stays out for an extra period of time

you can ball full screen and teleport mixup any closer and your still recovering to do a real mixup
    Twitter: @AZAngelic
    Wolverine/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath
    Firebrand/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath
  • KarsticlesKarsticles Greetings. Joined: Posts: 2,700
    Man whoever has the game before release needs to start theory fighter up!
    I've been holding back on that front, but I'll delve into some thoughts I have been having in regards to what you said.
    Starting with Dormammu on the scrub level is like putting up a kick me sign. Everyone loves to get into your face.
    Maybe it's because I mained Blackheart in MvC2, but I felt like Dormammu absolutely rocks against the inexperienced. Using Sentinel Force, you can chain two Dark Holes together, which is 131,466 damage on block - that's a ton of chip, especially when the health average in this game is around 950,000. If someone gets in, Dormammu's not helpless at all, and it's pretty easy to reset the stage through Fire Carpet -> Suffer -> Dark Hole. You're free to throw in a Chaotic Flame at the end of that as well; you can do a lot more than that, but that's basic in execution (and typing length!).
    I really like Suffer (f.H) in which you can cancel off into Chaotic Flame.
    Chain Suffer into Dark Hole, then Chaotic Flame. Or chain it into Purification and use some Dark Spells.
    Good keepaway tool in addition to Dark Hole + random df.H's you can lay around.
    I think Suffer is actually a pretty terrible keepaway tool. Almost every other projectile beats it, it travels slowly, and it has a huge number of recovery frames when thrown full-screen. I think it's primary use is as I listed above - a method to get your opponent off of you. Although I believe Suffer goes through your opponent on block. Someone mentioned that you can chain Purifications infinitely on assists to kill them, so it might be feasible to Suffer to hit an assist, and then Purification spam while using Sentinel Force to cover yourself to put the hurt on an assist. The question is, which assists would actually lose to Suffer? Not many.

On that note, Suffer is not the official name for the move; I discovered this playing the game yesterday, and I will update the main post after I get the game this evening.
    df.H isn't worth using when you're cornered too much.
    IMO, Dormammu has the tools to never be cornered. If you are ever getting near, teleport behind your opponent as he makes his advance and turn the tables. Obviously this is not an invincible strategy, but I think it's important to note that Dormammu is not Arthur or MODOK. He does not have to keep backing into a corner slowly like they do.
    I haven't found a good amount of downtime to cast enough to use the meteor or lava rain, but they are good hit confirms into Chaotic Flame.
    A Purification on hit provides time to do 2 or 3; I am sure we will discover more opportunities as time goes on.
    s.H is a good anti-air to keep people out that jump over Fire carpets or Dark holes up close.
    I am skeptical about this because the recovery on the move is pretty huge, so a blocked attack leaves you wide open. It does have a nice hitbox though.
    Dormammu can air dash 8 way but he can't do the attack cancel into dashes I think. Sorry, I don't know all the lingo at the moment. But I can play around and do it with Doom.
    Right, he cannot cancel his ground dashes into normals, but he does have a decent rushdown thanks to his tri-jump.
    IMO Dormammu is big time hit/run and keep out character.
    I disagree with you here. This is not MODOK, who has to hide behind a shield because his normals barely reach beyond his hurtbox. Dormammu has a teleport directly on top of his opponent, perfect for cross-ups, for a reason. If you use Sentinel Force and teleport behind your opponent right before the drones hit, they push your opponent into perfect range for a full combo with Dormammu - don't underestimate his close combat abilities. Zoning is definitely a huge part of his game, but it is certainly not his only strength.
    His combos are pretty much basic.
    I think that's too early to say. If you did the Fire Carpet mission (7?), that's definitely not a basic combo. He likely needs the help of assists due to not having a normal magic series, but I think there are some discoveries to be made here.
    When he can hit and run, better have that meter to blow people up with the big combos posted earlier in this thread.
    I prefer to save my meter to punish assists. Chaotic Flame XFC Chaotic Flame does 844,000 damage to an assist, not including the X-Factor bonus damage (since I don't know what the increase is for him yet). So, if you catch half of the cast on a Dark Hole while they come in, blow 2 meters and X-Factor to completely annihilate them.
    I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like his jump arc is super short.
    I noticed this too - it's hard to jump over some characters in practice mode, lol.
    If you xfactor, the limit of yoga catastrophes you can have on the screen is limited by meter and timer only.
    I had confirmed 3 out.
    Nice! Also, I tested Stalking Flare XFC Stalking Flare on Phoenix, and it took out ~70% of her health on block. So if you are looking for an easy way to kill Dark Phoenix...
    you can ball full screen and teleport mixup any closer and your still recovering to do a real mixup
    Yeah, this was disappointing. Since it's advantageous for your opponent to get hit by Stalking Flare ASAP, I doubt we will ever see a horizontal mixup from Stalking Flare outside of pounding noobs or XFCing the cancel animation. It might be worthwhile to Stalking Flare XFC Teleport behind Stalking Flare or something.
    "Karst" for short.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8XyfyFtAkiWPRuW6mHB9sQ

My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
    My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
    Yeah, I played a little more. He's kinda got the Dhalsim b+MP thing going on with his s.H and d.H, they seem to cover above his head too if you time it right. Can even launch off it.
  • Eji1700Eji1700 Joined: Posts: 200
    I disagree with you here. This is not MODOK, who has to hide behind a shield because his normals barely reach beyond his hurtbox. Dormammu has a teleport directly on top of his opponent, perfect for cross-ups, for a reason. If you use Sentinel Force and teleport behind your opponent right before the drones hit, they push your opponent into perfect range for a full combo with Dormammu - don't underestimate his close combat abilities. Zoning is definitely a huge part of his game, but it is certainly not his only strength.
    If it works like this, i will certainly play dorm. He seems like the natural extension to BH. It appears he's designed to zone out and play keep away while he builds his hands, and then use his teleports and assists to get inside and tear you apart. I'd love confirmation or denial of this.
  • Grandstand606Grandstand606 Joined: Posts: 42
    I feel like Dormammu has the potential to really throw his opponents off with how fast he can switch on his offense after playing a zoning game for an extend period of time.
  • bears_with_knivesbears_with_knives V-It's a good game-V Joined: Posts: 166
    Yeah, I played a little more. He's kinda got the Dhalsim b+MP thing going on with his s.H and d.H, they seem to cover above his head too if you time it right. Can even launch off it.

c.M is also another good anti-air too. If they try to jump over the fire carpet.

Doom's rocks can cover Dorm's landing from a teleport. Also don't forget, Dorm can triangle jump.
    "Raised eating taro cuz it's good for da bone marrow."

SFIV: Fei Long, Viper
    So, about Magneto's EM Disruptor spam or similar things.

Dormammu comes with a built-in solution, and it's not a projectile. At least, not technically. If you can read their pattern, you can use any of your :m: attacks - which null non-hyper projectiles if they clash - and throw a Dark Hole on them before they toss out their next Disruptor. Tested this pretty extensively in training mode, it works great.
  • AntihippyAntihippy Joined: Posts: 720
    How well does it work against guns?

Does it work against chris's magnum too? That shit is godlike.
    SSF4- Makoto sub: Ibuki
    Blazblue- main: lambda-11 sub: Hazama
  • FulaaniFulaani Of terrorist descent Joined: Posts: 2,555
    So, about Magneto's EM Disruptor spam or similar things.

Dormammu comes with a built-in solution, and it's not a projectile. At least, not technically. If you can read their pattern, you can use any of your :m: attacks - which null non-hyper projectiles if they clash - and throw a Dark Hole on them before they toss out their next Disruptor. Tested this pretty extensively in training mode, it works great.
    does it register as a hit if you nullify a projectile with M so you can cancel it into a special or do you just do the special after M recovers?
    zoning took an indefinite hiatus