Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Avengers Assemble! MvC3 Captain America Assist/Team Thread

Comments

• FromundamanFromundaman Joined: Posts: 300
    is having an otg for cap overrated?
    i mean, only deadpool can otg off his grabs. i was playing around with wesk otg and found that his otg doesn't hit after cap's grabs, which I found kinda weird.

Uhhh what? No, not at all. Skrull, Wesker, Chris, Task, Pheonix, Sent and probably some others can do it too. In every case (except Chris', although that will change in Ultimate), it helps a LOT by increasing your damage off of grabs by at least 200,000. Skrull and Wesker in particular do some stupid shit off of their air grabs/command grabs thanks to OTG shenanigans.

EDIT: Oops, I completely misunderstood. I thought he was asking if people were making too big a deal of the OTG we get in Ultimate. >.<

IDK TBH. I don't find I need one, but to each his own I guess. I can't combo off of his throws, which kind of sucks, but I find my current assists help him more.
  • badonkadonkbadonkadonk Joined: Posts: 91
    Uhhh what? No, not at all. Skrull, Wesker, Chris, Task, Pheonix, Sent and probably some others can do it too. In every case (except Chris', although that will change in Ultimate), it helps a LOT by increasing your damage off of grabs by at least 200,000. Skrull and Wesker in particular do some stupid shit off of their air grabs/command grabs thanks to OTG shenanigans.
    He was saying that Deadpool's OTG was the only one which connects after Cap's throws. And AFAIR Katana-Rama isn't completely reliable either...
  • Kei_Kei_ Joined: Posts: 586
    Can i get notations for these? I've dropped haggar and gone to captain/spencer/doom and think i can adapt some assists to this.

No problem, I've slightly changed the Cap B&B combo recently to ensure that it works on anyone a lil easier...and KO's more people.
    c.L, M, H, S, (sj) M, u.H xx L.shield slash, j.M, d.H xx L.shield slash, (land) H + Spencer assist xx H.shield slash, c.H, S, (sj) u.H xx L.shield slash (land) IronMan assist xx L.charging star, c.H xx L.charging star xx Hyper Charging Star...Bionic Manuevers.......

At the end of that part is where you can decide if you want to spend the meter to kill anyone with more than 930k health. This is the end of my combo...

tk. M.grapple, (pause) zipline straight down, Armor piercer xx Bionic Manuevers...Hyper Stars & Stripes. :)

That combo will kill literally anyone from full health as long as you have 4 bars to do so. If you only have 3 bars which is more likely you'd want to spend...then it will STILL kill damn near anyone in the game including Wesker. ;)

The H.shield slash part highlighted is where you can xfactor to kill them with a shield slash loop if you want to kill without using any meter. The u.H highlighted part is where you can adjust the ending part to do a d.H instead if the character floats too high to be hit by the return shield (like She Hulk or Doom). Be careful trying to get the IronMan assist part depending on what H kick you did so you don't drop the combo lol.

Max damage is over 1.3mil, main damage (3 meters) over 1.1mil, regular B&B ~920k
    ============================================================================

Spencer's combo is as follows...

L, M, H, Cap assist + f.H, (recovery) M, H, S, (sj) M, H, S, H.grapple otg, (pause) S, j.M, H, S, F.zipline, DF.zipline, H + IronMan assist xx L.grapple xx H, (pause for IronMan to finish), H xx Armor piercer xx Bionic Manuevers...Hyper Stars & Stripes

That one does about 910k damage (more depending on if you started with a jump in), it also slighly mindscrews the opponent due to the sheer awesomeness of what just happened to them. I get a ton of messages about my Spencer and Cap combos which is pretty funny to me.

I'll post some video of the other Spencer combos so that you can see what I do away from the corner.

Kei
    As for OTG's, yea I don't bother with them using Cap because of the throwing complications and character size.
  • ShieldSkillsShieldSkills Joined: Posts: 1,643
    As for OTG's, yea I don't bother with them using Cap because of the throwing complications and character size.

In addition to that, I just don't feel comfortable using an assist that is purely for OTGs. Cap could benefit even more from having two assists.
    Akuma/Arthur/Hawkeye.
  • Oh NoesOh Noes Joined: Posts: 51
    I use Wesker as my anchor which gives me an otg I use with my corner combos. I've otged off of cap's air back throw as well and that leads to a launch and what follows. I don't think I'd call an otg necessary, but it's useful especially if you already know how to play that character as an anchor.
  • kensanitykensanity Joined: Posts: 1,674
    No problem, I've slightly changed the Cap B&B combo recently to ensure that it works on anyone a lil easier...and KO's more people.
    c.L, M, H, S, (sj) M, u.H xx L.shield slash, j.M, d.H xx L.shield slash, (land) H + Spencer assist xx H.shield slash, c.H, S, (sj) u.H xx L.shield slash (land) IronMan assist xx L.charging star, c.H xx L.charging star xx Hyper Charging Star...Bionic Manuevers.......

At the end of that part is where you can decide if you want to spend the meter to kill anyone with more than 930k health. This is the end of my combo...

tk. M.grapple, (pause) zipline straight down, Armor piercer xx Bionic Manuevers...Hyper Stars & Stripes. :)

That combo will kill literally anyone from full health as long as you have 4 bars to do so. If you only have 3 bars which is more likely you'd want to spend...then it will STILL kill damn near anyone in the game including Wesker. ;)

The H.shield slash part highlighted is where you can xfactor to kill them with a shield slash loop if you want to kill without using any meter.
    Kei

took me a good 30 minutes to get out of the habit of doing launch l ss land jump m ss as that is what i'm used to, but now that i got the hang of this combo it is so freaking fun. LOL. I've been omitting the jump :m: 's for the sake of consistency and ease so i'm only doing like 850-860 with the bnb but it is still sick (i can't use beam assist at the end and get a cr h, i have to just go into two straight charging stars). I always have problems tk'ing the follow up in the corner but when i do get it damn lol. DAT fanciness.

I had dropped spencer but i know i'm definitely gonna keep practicing my team of cap/spencer/doom because their mobility is so great. Probably still mess around with cap/hulk/doom but the first team is just so spicy and fancy.

awesome combo kei. I also like how u can reset it with a cartwheel after the assist connects in teh first part of the combo. pretty cool if ur opponent is not paying attention.
    Yep, I love me some reset options in my combos. I do sometimes do a reset instead of the 2nd launch after the Spencer assist. I also sometimes call IronMan instead of the Spencer assist so that I can do a cartwheel mixup from that point while they're still in the air (although they're low which is even better).

You can hit a s.H + IronMan assist xx cartwheel putting you on the other side of them which is fairly obvious if they're paying attention......but you can dash forward which will put you almost directly underneath them so they have to guess which side to block on...or I'm pretty sure you could just airthrow them instead.

I might do a quick video of a new setup I was working on with Spencer, that uses the Cap assist in order to either continue the combo, go for an overhead to start a new combo, or even sexier go for an overhead crossup...even though they're back to the wall in the corner.

Oh another thing I forgot about is doing TAC's during Spencer's near corner B&B combo since you don't touch the ground until very late in the combo. Even though I'm doing the combo myself, I totally forgot that I'd not touched the ground. That means that you might be able to get a very free down exchange back into Cap giving you an extra meter (as if Spencer needs help building it lol) AND put you at the perfect height to continue the combo with Cap into the end of his B&B combo....right back into Spencer ending with over 900k again lol.

Kei
    Currently, my team consists of Cap(shield toss), Tasky(h. arrows), Wesker(low shot)

Any normal hit from Cap leads to a 700k+ combo mid screen. In the corner, I use Wesker assist and dash back, jump back l.shield slash relaunch to lead to around 500k+. I use Tasky's assist as either parts of combos, help with mid screen zoning, or as a tool for getting in and mix-ups. He also has great DHC options off of Hyper Stars and Stripes or Hyper Charging Star which cause northward of 930k. So as you can see, my team is built to try to utilize everyone's tools to make cap stronger.

Here's my thing. I think Wesker is holding my team back. I'm not that great with him, even after putting a lot of practice time in. On top of that, his otg doesn't work for crap with Cap's throws which limits Cap's mixup potential. But on the positive side, Wesker gives me a combo extender in the corner, which Cap desperately needs. The low gun shot is also a decent way to set up high-low near unblockable situations. He's also one of the top tier anchors due to his crazy dmg and speed boost in XFC3.

I can try giving Deadpool a shot. DP assist hits otg which gives most of the benefits I use Wesker for. Also, I hear it's 1 frame faster which will hopefully give me post throw options. And he's got more than one XFC3 loop that guarantees dead bodies, a great standing overhead, a teleport, and massive chip. Also, his taunt and teleport failure can be cancelled leading to massive trolling potential.

What do you guys think? I read Kei_ doesn't use an otg on his team. Got any suggestions as far as what else may fit my team a little better?

What do you guys think? I read Kei_ doesn't use an otg on his team. Got any suggestions as far as what else may fit my team a little better?

First off, I don't think wesker holds a team back. Wesker is top tier in this game.

However, as far as synergy goes, maybe his assist does hold u back.

I suck wtih cap clearly, so i may not be the best to tell you what he needs, but I dont find an OTG assist to be integral.

I think it is way more important to have a tool that allows u to left/right mixup well and keep charging star safe.

What comes to mind are sentinel drones, various beam assists, arthur daggers, doom rocks.

Personally, i like spencer with cap just because of the combo synergy and because you can do really ambiguous mixups with slant shot on incoming characters after death/snapback.

Since you would be replacing your anchor character (if you really need to replace him), then spencer/doom/arthur/sentinel all come to mind.

Have you thought about changing wesker assist to the wall bounce? it would be interesting to see what kind of combo extensions you could generate off of your cap bnbs...
  • Tiger_ClawTiger_Claw Hyouuuuu! Joined: Posts: 497
    cap really needs a way to manage rush down characters and lame out players.
    so what I did was learn how to use trish, so if I feel like cap can get rushed for free or lamed out for free, I tag in trish.
    given their synergy isn't that good(but trish can use beam super after HCs)
    so now i'm trying to make cap(ss), trish(peekabo or low voltage), sent drones. cap and trish both benefit greatly from sent so that's good.
  • TactuTactu Joined: Posts: 67
    I've changed my tune about the OTG assist. Here's the thing, other characters like spiderman that benefit greatly from an OTG assist also have a much easier time getting in a scoring hits when they are pushed out or when they make a sub optimal combo. Cap doesn't have that luxury and I think he plays better when he has an OTG so he can make the most of his throws (which he needs to land alot because of rush down characters) and when he doesn't have an optimal corner position (id est, he's not already in the corner or he doesn't have an assist to extend the hit in the corner). Also, I feel like both deadpool and wesker have much better matchups against some of the matchups that give cap fits, so if you see those characters, just change characters. Alternately, having run cap/spencer for a while, even though spencer has better matchups against some of cap's worst (phoenix, MODOK), it's better to have a character that fills that gap better.
    I love that this discussion is going on right now. :)

That said, I used to run Wesker on my Cap team to assist me in corner combos, and a couple small gimmicks to confuse people. He was also on my team to be a crutch for me so that when/if I lost Cap, then I had Wesker to fall back on who is extremely good. That was also holding back my progression of Cap skill a bit since I had that crutch all the time...so I dropped him to force myself to get better with Cap regardless of where I am on screen. Wesker was useless to help me in throw OTG situations unless I was fighting a larger character, and the gimmicks couldn't really be used against everyone.

I honestly don't even pay attention to the lack of OTG with Cap anymore now that Spencer is in Wesker's place (2nd spot). I was losing out on OTG, and nearly unlimited reset/mixup potential by leaving Wesker...but I gained DHC synergy again (really really really good synergy I might add), a backpocket anti air w/o risking stars & stripes, excellent combo extension, far more mixup/reset options, another character who can OTG by himself, a guy who fills in on some of my not so fun matchups, STUPENDOUS combo damage from almost any hit (aka you are all die), team order is now nearly irrelevant because they all have assists good for the other, they all DHC to each other very well, and they can all kill you.

In the corner I can still either go with a corner relaunch (we should all prolly be practicing those), hard knockdown situation, or 1 of 3 directions to tag into another character who can OTG anyway.

I'm now shopping for the 3rd character where Stark is sitting (still 100% love Stark), which will likely be the good Doctor, since he's my favorite villian of all time, AND he just so happens to be awesome in the game too. With him I can gain a slighly quicker assist, a soft knockdown on hit (confusion could happen then, scoring me another combo), a little stronger zoning game if I need it, fantastic combo ability from seemingly any touch anywhere, excellent further DHC ability.

Also after a short test last night it seems my usual team B&B still works just fine with both Spencer & Cap being the starter, I lose out on a few thousand damage on Cap's but nothing to cry about, and it gives me the chance again to start another combo a little easier due to Doom's assist property + L.charging star's recovery time.

As I evolve, my team does the same, so even now it's still not set in stone by any means...but I do not see an OTG character coming back into the fold unless the team drastically changes putting Cap permanently somewhere other than point. (I'd build another team totally before I did that)

Kei
    Oh I forgot to say, that I actually do slightly thing Wesker can hold your team back...if his main purpose is just as an assist (talking Cap teams not Spidey lol). I think you can still get excellent damage through practicing the numerous combos Cap has that deal great damage, and that way you don't have to sacrifice a character slot just to have an assist that can likely help nobody else on the team.

I think that Cap benefits more from having assist partners that can extend his combos, offer good reset/mixup options, and/or help him zone/deal with rushdown. OTG helps two of those (1 not reeeeally) but that's it.

That's just my ideas though from an 'average' Cap.

Kei
  • JellokJellok Joined: Posts: 39
    Oh I forgot to say, that I actually do slightly thing Wesker can hold your team back...if his main purpose is just as an assist (talking Cap teams not Spidey lol). I think you can still get excellent damage through practicing the numerous combos Cap has that deal great damage, and that way you don't have to sacrifice a character slot just to have an assist that can likely help nobody else on the team.

I think that Cap benefits more from having assist partners that can extend his combos, offer good reset/mixup options, and/or help him zone/deal with rushdown. OTG helps two of those (1 not reeeeally) but that's it.

That's just my ideas though from an 'average' Cap.

Kei
    Is Wesker ever a waste. :)
    Have you thought about changing wesker assist to the wall bounce? it would be interesting to see what kind of combo extensions you could generate off of your cap bnbs.
    I'm willing to give anything a shot. I've basically plateaued and want to level up so badly.
    snip
    Kei

I think that's what's going on with my team now. Wesker is a bit of a crutch for me. He fills certain holes in my game that I can probably fill better with an alternative. I need to learn that corner relaunch properly. I also need to get better throw options.
    I love that this discussion is going on right now. :)

Kei
    I hope u really try out doom. Doom is freaking beast. Personally, I think doom is best on point with haggar or amaterasu to back his pressure. however, given that his assists are so good, I always play him 2nd or 3rd.

his beam isn't as good as iron man because it does the soft knockdown, but it really helps with cap pressure. However, I can't keep caps H charging star safe with beam assist, and hidden missiles (which is arguably the best doom assist for spencer,) does not work that well with cap imo. easily punishable and forces u to use hyper charging star, which may or may not result in you getting punished.
    This is the first real time I've decided to give Doom a go, the first time I picked him just cuz he's entirely too awesome (early in the games life)...then I saw that you need to spend serious time with him so I put him away until I learned the game itself first.

Now I'm working on getting used to his movement especially since I'm so used to doing short dashes (dash and almost immediate cancel, almost as a sorta fake), but again I'm finding he's a monster. His beam works pretty well with Cap, although like you said it no longer allows H.charging star to be safe, and even M.charging star is close.

I was messing around in shadow battle with Cap/shield, IronMan/Repulsor, and Doom/beam with some interesting results. I still don't know enough about the properties of Repulsor assist, but it seems interesting enough. It doesn't really help Doom much though I think so it's unlikely I'd go with it fulltime.

That test team did make me think of Cap differently since i no longer would have the Spencer combo assist or DHC ability (allows me to reverse DHC w/enough meter, killing anyone), I have to use the shield differently too I think...but I could've just been tired too lol.
    ===============================================================================================

Anyone use Cap with Tron before? I used her for a little bit a while back, but didn't get deep into the idea of it. I know she'd help with dealing with rushdown, she builds retarded meter (like Doom...only easier), but I'd need to spend a lot of time with her to learn how to properly use her besides combos and j.H lol.

Technically her assist is the smarter choice in comparison to Spencer's since you can use it in more situations...but I love Spencer. :D

(also working on that Spencer/u.grapple, Doom/missiles, IronMan/beam group too)

Kei
  • TheSurefireGamerTheSurefireGamer Grappler Specialist. Joined: Posts: 1,210
    Looking for some input on this. I recently put in some time to re-learn Cap for MvC3 and I learned he has Super Soldier Chemistry with Sentinel...but I can't find a third for the team. I tried out Tasky, Trish, Spencer and others, but nothing. I'm open to any suggestions...

Cap/Sentinel/___________
    Killer Instinct 3: Chief Thunder/Kan-Ra/Hisako MK X: Jax/Jason/Tremor. Injustice: Solomon Grundy/Lex Luthor/Harley Quinn
    WE IN THERE!!!!
  • FromundamanFromundaman Joined: Posts: 300
    I'd suggest Skrull, although he has kind of a weird playstyle. However, Skrull would work really well in the second slot of that team. Cap DHCs amazingly well into Skrull's Inferno (Which leads to a lot of resets), has good TAC combos in the corner with Skrull, and Orbital Grudge is a good assist since it has super armor and pushes them away, giving you breathing room and helping you zone/control space.
    On top of that, Skrull and Sent work AMAZINGLY well together since drones give Skrull free combos out the ass considering you can still combo off of it even if it's blocked.
  • Tiger_ClawTiger_Claw Hyouuuuu! Joined: Posts: 497
    if you can learn a couple of storm combos and learn how to be mobile with her then, I think she is the perfect partner for cap.
    Storm can
    1. start a dhc glitch from full HCS. from anywhere on the screen
    2. can play lame out against people that try and lame out cap
    3. triple team hyper of cap(HCS) storm(hailstorm) sent (HSF) does insane amount of damage since HCS and Hailstorm. all lock down enemies to have all 9 sent drones to hit. did I mention it's OTG?
    4. storm can make CAP's ultras safe safe.
  • Milk!!Milk!! This is my taunt! Joined: Posts: 30
    I'm so pumped to have the new and improved Cap in Ult. I feel now, with a beam/projectile assist and wavedash/cartwheel shenanigans he can get in pretty well, and, then, to maximize damage I keep an OTG assist on. But with Ult, I can use my other spot for another character to help him get in. (Dante/Vergil, Ghost Rider, one of the unannounced, Strider to keep pressure.)

Right now I run Cap/DeadPool (for the OTG)/Taskmaster (To get in/extend my combos.) Works well with me.
  • btfu88btfu88 GetMoneyMyrick Joined: Posts: 437
    Ok guys this question has been keeping me up at night because I'm so hype for this game and capt's buffs.
    I know for sure that I want capt on my team and hawkeye on my team.
    Captain will be on point and have shield slash assist, hawkeye second with have his vertical arrow shot assist.
    I just can't decide on my third. I really want someone that will help both of these characters, because they both suffer at their ability to move. Also, maybe an assist that would be more useful with captains cartwheel. Any character is up fro talk. I was considering Iron Man with uni beam assist to have an avengers team and he would add some different movement capabilities, but I don't like his s attack or cr. h. Or if there is a sick assist you think would be good to help capt and hawkeye let me know, or even just a really bad ass looking DHC after hawkeye. Thanks guys!
    Say Goodnight Chmp
    ^^^
    Giving it some thought, how about Hulk? You got nostalgia points for team Avengers, but you also get a decent assist for Cap and Hawkeye. Here's what I'm thinking. You've already got self otgs with cap and hawkeye, but the gamma wave gives you a combo extender for one. For another, the gamma wave can be used to cover cap's cartwheel for an easy mixup and it'll give you another zoning tool for Hawkeye. On top of that, you have DHC options for both Hyper Charging Star, Hyper Stars and Stripes, and I'm thinking DHC into HSS into golden arrow, into gamma crush. That'd be pretty epic after a full bnb which I think I saw someone on that last stream do without issue.

On the downside, I'm not sure how good Hulk is as anchor.
    ^^^ Thanks man. Definitely worth a consider. Any other suggestions still appreciated.
    Say Goodnight Chmp
  • Gimpyfish62Gimpyfish62 Master of Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,820
    Hulk is an awful anchor - no speed boost just damage and hulk already hits hard haha
    "He's the Tony Stark of Captain America." ~Bokkin
    Hulk is an awful anchor - no speed boost just damage and hulk already hits hard haha
    Do we know what xfc does yet?

Also, I think IM could fill all the same functions but again, not sure how Stark is as an anchor.
    eh, he's ok.

i forgot that x factor was more universal next time, faster hulk in x factor sounds terrifying LOL
    well then you got any suggestions gimpyfish? for captain, hawkeye, ______ team? I seriously am so excited for captain and hawkeye teaming up I just really want to make it work
    Say Goodnight Chmp
    Dunno, it'll depend when the game comes out. I'm probably going to run Cap/Hulk/Hawkeye, but we'll see. I'll try to go avengers again this time through.
  • EdingfieldEdingfield Joined: Posts: 69
    Do we know what xfc does yet?

Also, I think IM could fill all the same functions but again, not sure how Stark is as an anchor.

IM gets the biggest speed boost out of anyone on vanilla. Im sure it will carry over. tri jumps are wicked with lvl 3 x factor
    SF X TK : Ken // KING UMVC3 : Magnetoe // Dentinel // Doom SSFlVAEv.2012 : Deejay//Dudley
    PSN User : Edingfield
  • EdingfieldEdingfield Joined: Posts: 69
    ^^^
    Giving it some thought, how about Hulk? You got nostalgia points for team Avengers, but you also get a decent assist for Cap and Hawkeye. Here's what I'm thinking. You've already got self otgs with cap and hawkeye, but the gamma wave gives you a combo extender for one. For another, the gamma wave can be used to cover cap's cartwheel for an easy mixup and it'll give you another zoning tool for Hawkeye. On top of that, you have DHC options for both Hyper Charging Star, Hyper Stars and Stripes, and I'm thinking DHC into HSS into golden arrow, into gamma crush. That'd be pretty epic after a full bnb which I think I saw someone on that last stream do without issue.

On the downside, I'm not sure how good Hulk is as anchor.

Did you watch the avengers combo vid put out yesterday? It shows Hulk gamma wave and low shield slash doing work. Either can be the assist for a combo extender/otg.
    SF X TK : Ken // KING UMVC3 : Magnetoe // Dentinel // Doom SSFlVAEv.2012 : Deejay//Dudley
    PSN User : Edingfield
    ^^ I did thanks for the recommendation and thank to gimpy for being a great community contributor.
    Say Goodnight Chmp
    cap dhc into hulk is ridiculous. My basic bnb with a hulk dhc does over a million, nets a little over a bar, and is very very reliable. It's the first combo you see in my combo video, varied (SLIGHLY) for different characters (eg doom or zero where you can get more sheild slashes or ammy/wolverine where you have to do less and in a slightly different order - the combo kills them anyway haha).
    I use Taskmaster as my second cuz you can DHC into Legion Arrows after HCS and HSS for very good damage. I don't see why this wouldn't be intact in UMvC3.
  • No_CigarNo_Cigar close but....... Joined: Posts: 2,173
    What do you guys think about Cap's charging star assist? Do you think it would be good to push people away from you? And what do you guys think about Cap as an anchor in Umvc3?
    · "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,898
    I dunno about you guys but I'm using Cap/Hawkeye/Doom. That team just seems like they will work so well together but wanna know what you guys think?

This team on paper looks like they would compliment each other for a few reasons..
    • Cap doesn't need meter to do big damage which is great because Hawkeye will probably be more dangerous with meter
    • Hawkeye's OTG assist will extend Cap's combos for more damage than he already does
    • Doom's Hidden Missiles will help lock opponents down for cartwheel mix-ups and also help Cap's zoning
    • Hawkeye could also play battery for Cap with Doom missiles helping Hawkeye's zoning
    • Cap's Shield slash assist could maybe fast enough for Hawkeye to keep a combo going off OTG poison arrow
    • Doom will make a great anchor with his all round game balances the team out
    • They all have black Alts which is a big deal that my characters match :D
    • Doom could also benefit from Hawk's poison assist OTG for combo extends
    I think this team could be a great one for Cap but I know some are still partial to Sent assist but I don't think Cap needs it for zoning if you have Doom Missiles imo. As far as team synergy I believe this one could be very solid.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • DintraoDintrao Majora's Wrath Joined: Posts: 292
    I was also planning on Cap/Hawkeye/Doom as of late, although I'm not 100% on swapping out Task and I'm still waiting on Raccoon/Frank reveals.

The team also sounds pretty synergistic to me, though now that cap has an otg of his own, I don't believe that Hawkeye's (even though it poisons) would be too terribly useful.

If you are intent on using missiles I would probably change Hawkeye's assist to his horizontal arrows (I believe that's one of them iirc). I feel cap really benefits from the projectiles/beams as assists to help keep his moves safe/use cartwheel shenanigans.

Just my 2 cents.
    72 Hours Remain.
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,898
    I was also planning on Cap/Hawkeye/Doom as of late, although I'm not 100% on swapping out Task and I'm still waiting on Raccoon/Frank reveals.

The team also sounds pretty synergistic to me, though now that cap has an otg of his own, I don't believe that Hawkeye's (even though it poisons) would be too terribly useful.

If you are intent on using missiles I would probably change Hawkeye's assist to his horizontal arrows (I believe that's one of them iirc). I feel cap really benefits from the projectiles/beams as assists to help keep his moves safe/use cartwheel shenanigans.

Just my 2 cents.
    Good points but I've been playing Cap/Doom for awhile now and found I can fish cr.L abusing Cap's GDLK normals and use Doom missiles for cartwheel mix-ups as well for keeping his moves safe because most opponents block for fear of getting hit and some take their chances then get hit by the missiles and opened up.

Very rarely can people pick the right times the missiles won't hit them and I use their fear to my advantage. Of course the best part about Cap/Hawk/Doom is if my opponent's smart I HAVE the option of picking triple arrow to make Cap even MORE of a bastard to fight. Everyone on this team cover each other so well I can't wait to put it all into motion.

See my sig I refuse to drop ol' reliable Taskmaster he's awesome and DHC's work so well with my Deadpool/Doom team no matter what the situation he has a super that works. No bad stupid Capcom are nerfing his supers :(. Task is the only one of my characters getting nerfed, even She-Hulk got new and awesome tech.

Edit: Also it never hurts to have a good Otg to extends Cap's bnb to do more damage than normal especially if they get poisoned from Hawkeye's OTG assist.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • DintraoDintrao Majora's Wrath Joined: Posts: 292
    Oh I agree that missiles are a force to be reckoned with, and work well. Hawkeye's assist will probably also be quite valuable. You have a good point about the poison damage, it's always nice to have, just not completely sold on dropping the beam/arrows assist for it personally. We'll see :P
    72 Hours Remain.
This discussion has been closed.