Avengers Assemble! MvC3 Captain America Assist/Team Thread

12346»

Comments

• Gimpyfish62Gimpyfish62 Master of Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,820
    From the looks of it poison arrow would work very well with caps cartwheel because it has a sorta strange release point - that's the assist ill be trying out... I myself will be looking at charging star assist too - could be really great because it causes knockdown!
    "He's the Tony Stark of Captain America." ~Bokkin
  • No_CigarNo_Cigar close but....... Joined: Posts: 2,173
    So the charging star assist causes knockdown too? I hope it does, cuz that would be awesome.
    · "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • btfu88btfu88 GetMoneyMyrick Joined: Posts: 437
    I'm thinking of running a captain, frank west team, with the idea being the master of the cartwheel, roll mixup. I'm just wondering who would be good as anchor with this. I wanted to use hawkeye and his horizontal arrow assist for mixup but he doesn't work great helping frank. Ryu seems like he could work well (not sure if hadoken or tatsu would be better), and I've even looked at using chris as an anchor with gun fire assist. Any thoughts on assist to best help both would be great. FYI I don't want Dante or Doom.
    Say Goodnight Chmp
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,200
    I'm thinking of running a captain, frank west team, with the idea being the master of the cartwheel, roll mixup. I'm just wondering who would be good as anchor with this. I wanted to use hawkeye and his horizontal arrow assist for mixup but he doesn't work great helping frank. Ryu seems like he could work well (not sure if hadoken or tatsu would be better), and I've even looked at using chris as an anchor with gun fire assist. Any thoughts on assist to best help both would be great. FYI I don't want Dante or Doom.
    The both need someone who can pin down or force them to stay still and as anchor they need good comeback ability so i would suggest the following

akuma
    ammy
    vergil
    iron man

These are just a few off the top of my head that could work really well as anchor there are more but i dont feel like typing it
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • TranquillityTranquillity Kick to the Head Joined: Posts: 50
    I've been messin w/Cap and Nova, using Nova's overhead Centurion Rush assist. I'm new to both characters really, since I've only sporadically been playing Vanilla since launch. I think these two work pretty well together though. Hyper Charging Star THC's well into Gravimetric Blaster or the "inferno." In the corner, the Nova assist timed with Cap's OTG shield slash causes a ground bounce to extend Cap's combo too. I think I was getting around 750k damage with it.

Now I need an anchor. I think I'm goin Sentinel. Haven't tried him at all yet, but his drones would be great for Cap's backflip.

:)
  • btfu88btfu88 GetMoneyMyrick Joined: Posts: 437
    I am using a team right now of Captain America (a,shield slash) / Iron Fist (y,flying kick assist) / and Chris Redfield (b,gunshot) and I love it! I still have a ton to work out and discover, but these characters are all super fun to play, have high damage output, and can DHC back and forth pretty well. Chris’s gunshot assist seems to work very well for both Captain and Iron Fist, I like to think of it as dooms beam assist that keeps people grounded. For captain, the assist comes out very fast, so if I am at the right range and do a cartwheel, it can be very difficult to block. It also helps to play a zoning game with shield slash and gunshot assist. It works great for Iron Fist as a tool to wave dash behind, or flying kick behind to close the distance. It also keeps opponents grounded which is extremely important for iron fist. When I finally get in someone’s face with iron fist, I will do a M, H, forward H. If it connects, I continue into rekkas. If it doesn’t, the forward H can be jump cancelled. So I jump, call out Chris gunshot assist, and then can go for a crossup j.H, an empty jump into c.H, or a throw attempt. When I have captain on point, I can just throw out iron fists assist, and if I see that it hits it’s pretty much a free hyper charging star. For example of damage output, captains BnB combo ending with hyper charging star, dhc into iron fists vertical dragon hyper does around 1 million damage. Both of Iron Fist’s hypers can be cancelled into Chris’s sweep hyper with proper juggling now. Chris as anchor isn’t ideal, but he can do a lot of chip damage in XF, and you can definitely do worse. And as I said, all of these characters are just fun to play as well that have very unique combos! If only I could figure out my colors! Damn Iron Fist costumes… What do you think?
    Say Goodnight Chmp
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    I use Cap with Hawkeye's Rag time shot and Haggar's lariat. I call out Hawkeye's assist and then H Charging Star toward the opponent afterwards. If they try to punish Cap they get hit by the raining arrows for a free combo, and if they block, Cap is safe and has already closed the gap. Lariat is still a good get-off-me assist, and it's useful for cartwheel crossups after I get in with the aid of Hawkeye. I get more damage off an OTG Sheild Slash if I use Lariat beforehand. As an assist, Cap's Shield Slash helps with Hawkeye's zoning game, covering his horizontal range while he shoots up and covers the air. With Haggar it helps him get in and creates a mixup for him since Sheild Slash is not a true blockstring from close range. With the aid of Cap and Hawkeye, Haggar can do a ToD combo with no bars and no x-factor against anyone below 900,000 health.

Metro City Avengers.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,534 admin

i film things

12346»
This discussion has been closed.