Orange/Rockland County NY

AsTheWorldBurnsAsTheWorldBurns XFactor Mammory CannonJoined: Posts: 41
600K people live here. Odds are, some post on this site!

Please, only people who bathe regularly.

Comments

• del1riumdel1rium Hype Junkie Joined: Posts: 1,802
    Just moved from the Middletown area to NJ a few months ago. I never managed to find anyone in the area (who played seriously, anyway). I'm sure they're out there, though... hopefully you'll have more luck.
    East Coast Throwdown 5 Photos
    More tournament photography: rmpaul.com
  • CiberneticoCibernetico Joined: Posts: 307
    I'm in Yonkers, NY so I'm not far from you. Maybe you should consider making this an all Westchester, Rockland, Orange and any other nearby Counties topic. But like you said, hopefully others from the areas would chime in as well.
  • saigotosaigoto Joined: Posts: 119
    I live in Pine Bush New York, but go to college and have friends who also play fighting games in Middletown.
    AE2012: Chun li
    P4A: Mitsuru
    BBCP: Jin, Mi-12
  • AsTheWorldBurnsAsTheWorldBurns XFactor Mammory Cannon Joined: Posts: 41
    I'm in Yonkers, NY so I'm not far from you. Maybe you should consider making this an all Westchester, Rockland, Orange and any other nearby Counties topic. But like you said, hopefully others from the areas would chime in as well.

Very good idea. I'll do that
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,421
    I used to live down there. May be back briefly in the summer before moving on to a permanent location not named Buffalo lol. Only ever had a couple of Tekken players though. If you can make it down to NYC/NJ areas, that's where the real action is gonna be at.

I tried the whole college gaming thing down there too, finding players that know anything about fighting games outside of established competitive areas really is tough. Middletown train stations can get you to NY/NJ areas really easily, so don't discount that option either.
  • jonnittijonnitti Joined: Posts: 328
    i live fairly close to you guys. if anything happens let me know. im in jersey about 15 minutes from the boarder of bergen and rockland county. ill post if im hosting anything too.
    I'm kinda curious, did any of you ever wind up meeting up for some games? Things always fizzle out so quickly in that area lol.
  • TWK?TWK? Joined: Posts: 101
    Hey guys,
    Just letting you all know I live in Monroe in Orange County so I'll be there during spring/winter/summer breaks. Otherwise I'm up in Buffalo during the school year, but I'm game to get a group going during the summer. I know there's a handful of players that play at Rockland Community College so hopefully we can get something more going.
  • Mr. DemonMr. Demon Joined: Posts: 189
    I'm in Orange county NY, I just found out some 3rd strike players are out here. It's been years since there's been any besides myself that I know of. lol! Any others? Tryin' to round up some more why not?
    Money! Babes! Alcohol!
    Gwaaa ha ha ha ha!
  • Funk DrubiusFunk Drubius Joined: Posts: 2
    I live in rockland, I'm looking for people to play super/mvc3/3s with.

I went to the RCC MvC3 tourney this past monday and met some players. There's def some hidden talent here in the ROC.

I just copped an HD PVR so im down to stream/record some games and put it up on my youtube, we just need a place to session.
    Not much into MK9, but if anyone is interested there will be a MK9 tournament at the Sound Asylum sometime this month. I'll try to post more information when I find out more about it.

And does anyone know of a good venue in Orange County? I've been looking to try and organize fighting game tournaments but don't really have a venue for it.
    Not much into MK9, but if anyone is interested there will be a MK9 tournament at the Sound Asylum sometime this month. I'll try to post more information when I find out more about it.

And does anyone know of a good venue in Orange County? I've been looking to try and organize fighting game tournaments but don't really have a venue for it.

That was always the problem down there, no real venue to gather at unless someone gives up their house, like Jaxel used to in NJ. And even they had other options. I would suggest trying to set something up on one of the college campuses, get in good with the guy who ran that RCC tourney perhaps.

Eric: Try to get down to one of the NYC tournies while you're at home, usually held on a Wednesday. Spooky's website probably has more info, or check the Tourney announcements here. I'd go with you but that game makes me rage too bad lol.
    I intend to hit up Next Level while I'm home, but my real stomping grounds were 8 on the break (admittedly mostly for dancing games and Tekken) but now that they have MvC3 tournaments every Tuesday, expect to see me on stream.
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    I intend to hit up Next Level while I'm home, but my real stomping grounds were 8 on the break (admittedly mostly for dancing games and Tekken) but now that they have MvC3 tournaments every Tuesday, expect to see me on stream.

Yeah Break tournies are nicer anyway, plus break steaks are TOO frayyyy lol.
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    Fixed the post .. The tourney will be 7/2
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Myke with a YMyke with a Y New Old Guy Joined: Posts: 19
    Sound Asylum's close by. Wonder if there's any chance MK could become a regular thing there...
  • jonnittijonnitti Joined: Posts: 328
    lol i played a show at sounds asylum with ender and acentria. i really like that venue a lot, i wanna go back to it. but neways, like i said before, im in jersey, about 20 minutes or so from the boarder. to give an accurate scale, i live about an hour away form sounds aslyum in middletown. if anyone is down to meet up shoot me a text at 551 427 4741. ill be more than down to set something up at my place, meet up at the break, or meet up at someone else's place.
  • XerlicXerlic Drops Combos Joined: Posts: 115
    I grew up in Rockland, but now live in southern Westchester. I'd be interested in playing actual people in Super or BB instead of on XBL.
  • Nemes1SNemes1S CEO Joined: Posts: 48
    If there are people in the westchester/Yonkers area who want to set up a scene and have ssf4 and marvel crack sessions send me a message or post on this thread if you're interested in starting something. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/yonkers-ny-fighting-game-scene.129245/ or you can email me at ecmchaos@hotmail.com cause i don't check my srk messages that often.
    -Nikko

"Don't make excuses. Train harder and try again." - Fei Long
  • Aerial ScrewAerial Screw Master of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 701
    Stony Point, Rockland County here. We have nightly crack sessions in New City, and Spring Valley on the weekends

Definitely interested in seeing who's around here, one of my crack session buddies won the RCC MvC3 tournament
    SSF4 - Yun, Poison, Dudley
  • CardBoardBoxCardBoardBox Joined: Posts: 44
    I'm looking for more people who play SSF4 around the area as well. It feels like I have to get down to NYC to get a descent scene and I'd like to change that
    I've been gathering with a few friends from Middletown, though there only about 5 of us, and have met with some people from Newburgh. Slowly finding more and more people.
  • StormnormStormnorm Joined: Posts: 7
    I've been gathering with a few friends from Middletown, though there only about 5 of us, and have met with some people from Newburgh. Slowly finding more and more people.
    @saigoto: i live in middletown as well. I play on any system (ps3 mainly), but if u guys are playing locally, hit me up.
    Psn: Stormnorm
    Xbl: stormin009
    Email: stormnormgraphx@gmail.com
    @saigoto: i live in middletown as well. I play on any system (ps3 mainly), but if u guys are playing locally, hit me up.
    Psn: Stormnorm
    Xbl: stormin009
    Email: stormnormgraphx@gmail.com
    I remember we met on xbl before. My Gamertag is AGNT Chocolove if you don't remember.
  • StormnormStormnorm Joined: Posts: 7
    My bad I forgot...I didn't recognize the saigoto name. I haven't been on xbl cause I need to get a new one. I'm on ps3 for the meantime. How's everything?
  • Myke with a YMyke with a Y New Old Guy Joined: Posts: 19
    Montgomery resident here. I'm mainly playing MvC3 these days, but AE and MK are always in the rotation. Would prefer some online beforehand just to make sure I'm not totally out-ranked. Hit me up if you want, it's "Myke with a Y" on XBL and "Myke_with_a_Y" on PSN. Just give me a heads up in a PM if you wanna throw down on PSN; I play mostly on the Xbox despite all the salt and rage quits.
    My bad I forgot...I didn't recognize the saigoto name. I haven't been on xbl cause I need to get a new one. I'm on ps3 for the meantime. How's everything?
    No problem, everything is good. I've been getting together with some friends in middletown and sometimes with another group I met from Newburgh too. I'm actually going to be transferring to a school in Rochester at the end of the month, but my friends should still be in the area.
  • yellowjacket500yellowjacket500 Joined: Posts: 30
    im in washingtonville,ny near monroe it sucks living around here the closest place to play good players is like 2 hours away
  • AsTheWorldBurnsAsTheWorldBurns XFactor Mammory Cannon Joined: Posts: 41
    What's up, everyone! I apologize for not coming back to this thread. I also tried to edit the thread title to include a larger area base but I didn't see an option for it.

Anyways, I'm so free these days it hurts. I'm still down to link up at gatherings and such so let me know. I'm in Stony Point in Rockland ATM. Primarily playing MVC3 and AE. Let me know what's up.
    im in washingtonville,ny near monroe it sucks living around here the closest place to play good players is like 2 hours away

Post above just said Mtown was playing lol. Plus you're a lot closer to NYC than a lot of people in the country, take advantage of it once in a while.
  • yellowjacket500yellowjacket500 Joined: Posts: 30
    true im planing on it but anyway i was over at the play n trade over in chester i was talking to the owner he said he would be happy to start having tournaments for marvel and street fighter the thing is he wants to make sure that people will show he said if i get him 15 names or so he'll be happy to start doing monthly tournaments so if anyone is interested let me know
  • CardBoardBoxCardBoardBox Joined: Posts: 44

That would be great. I have at least one other person that would definitely be interested in that. What day were you thinking of? Friday afternoons would be perfect for us.
  • dori.dori. Viewtiful. Joined: Posts: 281
    Im in Rockland too. I know a few people that play and are good.
    "New game, new Phoenix to snap in."
    For those interested, some friends of mine from Newburgh were planning a relatively big tournament for Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 Edition, Blazblue Continuum Shift II, Street Fighter III Third Strike, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

It will be held on December 17th in New Windsor and be hosted by Hostile Takeover. Like and follow their facebook page for more info.

http://www.facebook.com/HostileTakeover?sk=wall&filter=2

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=321195021225951
    Eric if you check here, I'm almost certainly not going to the Break on Tuesday if they do hold it. Driving my cousin down and back for Christmas from Rochester, and he has to work on Wednesday. I'll text you if anything changes, but for now I'd say I'm 0% on going.
  • Cat FightCat Fight Joined: Posts: 6
    no clue if anyone still checks this, but i'll be hosting tournaments in orange county monthly starting this saturday. get at me!
    Coming home for the summer, Monroe area, where in Orange are you hosting tournaments?
  • Cat FightCat Fight Joined: Posts: 6
    bloominburg @ moneyg cards and collectables. the venue owner will be moving into a huge venue in june that will accommodate a higher attendance, as well.
  • ZaneGyfZaneGyf Joined: Posts: 1
    Chilling in the Washingtonville area here. Did that first monthly tournament go alright and is there going to be another one this month? Sounds right up my alley and I'll definitely go if I can make the next one.
    If anyone was interested, Hostile Takeover is hosting a tourney in New Windsor. Right now there are around 42 people that are supposed to come, and we're hoping to try and get more people to come if possible. The games that will have tournaments are SFIV AE 2012, SF3: Third Strike, and UMVC3. There will also be casuals for KOF XIII, SCV, MK9, and SG. The link below has more info for those interested. Please spread the word!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-20-2012-hostile-takeovers-summer-showdown-new-windsor-ny.162292/
    About 43 people have said they could go so far on the event page and hopefully we can get more people to come out.
  • JBreezyyNYJBreezyyNY Joined: Posts: 3
    I live in Nyack. I need some people to play AE with. im trying to actually make it out of pools at EVO next year and next level is a far as hell drive xD
    my names Jon Breland.
    JBreezyy92@gmail.com is my email.

hit me up on either if anyones got like, a good group i would be able to come an run set with! :D
    I live in Nyack. I need some people to play AE with. im trying to actually make it out of pools at EVO next year and next level is a far as hell drive xD
    my names Jon Breland.
    JBreezyy92@gmail.com is my email.

hit me up on either if anyones got like, a good group i would be able to come an run set with! :D
    Not sure how far away that is from Orange County, but if you could I'd like the Hostile Takeover thread to keep up with updates, future events, and possibly meet other people in the area.
  • Summoner HansSummoner Hans JELLY CUBE! Joined: Posts: 564
    Hey peeps. I'm at Vassar College this summer and would be down to host some casual sessions for UMVC3 sometime in mid august, probably next weekend. If enough interest is generated I could look into acquiring a large space in the college and run a tournament. So, any marvel players nearby?
    tag: Nd Khakis
    UMVC3: Taskington/Doom/Ammy
    Smash 4: Mario

I'm down, though I'm not sure if I can go.
  • ShadowwalkerShadowwalker coopgui Joined: Posts: 95
    Anything in Middletown going on?
    Handle: @coopgui PSN: OmniShadowwalker

I play cute characters like Decapre.
    Not sure about Middletown events, but Hostile Takeover should be hosting events in New Windsor. It'd check their page for more info.
  • ShadowwalkerShadowwalker coopgui Joined: Posts: 95
    I don't mind casuals, I'm too poor to enter tournaments that aren't free or travel to new windsor
    Handle: @coopgui PSN: OmniShadowwalker

I play cute characters like Decapre.