The new Salinas area thread!!! [3C]

Comments

• KiLLaKeLLyKiLLaKeLLy Higher Iron Man Joined: Posts: 594
    damn, looks like some stuff could have gone down last month, i need to check up on this thread more often :(
    Goonie Squad
    Xbox GT/PSN ID : OoKiLLaKeLLyoO
    UMVC3: Cap/DeadPool/IM, Chris/IM/Doom
  • KingdokKingdok Filth Pig Joined: Posts: 25
    Well... I get together with a couple friends and family almost weekly here in town and we play MVC3 and a little SSF4. We usually have one XBOX and one PS3 up and we play on Asus monitors. I know a couple of you locals are looking for a place to play, so if you aren't a criminal or aren't entirely insane maybe you should stop by. It's all very casual, but we do play to improve.
    times change and people die
    hate survives beyond the end of time. -Ministry
    btw, we usually play Friday nights, so if you read these posts and feel the need to play immediately, PM me or message me on my XBOX tag: Kingd0k.
  • KorngoKorngo ______ Joined: Posts: 3,620
    so if you aren't a criminal or aren't entirely insane maybe you should stop by. It's all very casual, but we do play to improve.

this guy, talkin' about the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage. lol
    this guy, talkin' about the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage. lol

Haha. Yeah, some Salinas history there.

So let me know Salinas players if you guys want to put in some matches on a weekly basis. Is there any life left for fighting games around here?
  • KorngoKorngo ______ Joined: Posts: 3,620
    the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's so godlike.

"BUT I DID THE POWER!!!!"
  • DopeUyuuDopeUyuu wacha cha Joined: Posts: 427
    yo i'm down. Seeing how I now have no car atm and stuck in this town i'll be down to play some games.

나락에 핀 꽃 (The Flower Bloomed in Hell)
    currently stuck in my head ^__^
  • daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    Never even knew there was a Salinas thread, I thought Santa Cruz was the closest one.
    I'll be done for some occasionally, but I'm hella rusty. Going to dust off my TE stick and play SSIV, just to wake up my muscles for AE.
    Anybody going to EVO? I'm paid up and entered MK which I don't play and entered AE, which ain't out yet.
  • Woozle316Woozle316 Nubbish Rubbish Joined: Posts: 10
    My kingdom for a Salinas scene........
    yo i'm down. Seeing how I now have no car atm and stuck in this town i'll be down to play some games.
    Never even knew there was a Salinas thread, I thought Santa Cruz was the closest one.
    I'll be done for some occasionally, but I'm hella rusty. Going to dust off my TE stick and play SSIV, just to wake up my muscles for AE.
    Anybody going to EVO? I'm paid up and entered MK which I don't play and entered AE, which ain't out yet.

Sorry it took this long to follow up, we haven't had a session since last I posted. We should be getting together in the next couple days to play if any of you are interested. Hopefully give you guys an extra place to practice before Evo.
    My kingdom for a Salinas scene........

We used to have a decent scene here in the early 2000's back when we had an arcade and MvC2 was at it's peak. They're all scattered now.
    Well... I get together with a couple friends and family almost weekly here in town and we play MVC3 and a little SSF4. We usually have one XBOX and one PS3 up and we play on Asus monitors. I know a couple of you locals are looking for a place to play, so if you aren't a criminal or aren't entirely insane maybe you should stop by. It's all very casual, but we do play to improve.

holy shit, shaun u have sessions??? looks like i need to come by at least to one. online play gets annoying at times. lag is a PITA
    Goonie Squad
  • neezyneezy Passion of Marvel Joined: Posts: 122
    i miss salinas =/

I miss shot matches with tony. Jack Daniels is like water after 151
    "go to wienerschnitzel and experience life"

-cableguy 6/20/10
    holy shit, shaun u have sessions??? looks like i need to come by at least to one. online play gets annoying at times. lag is a PITA

Yeah Kelly, as much as possible (which isn't a whole lot). And I was counting on you meeting up some time. I started playing again cause when SSF4 came out, my cousins were playing nightly. They hadn't played fighting games since SF2! Couldn't resist, and that's basically who I play with.
    Yeah Kelly, as much as possible (which isn't a whole lot). And I was counting on you meeting up some time. I started playing again cause when SSF4 came out, my cousins were playing nightly. They hadn't played fighting games since SF2! Couldn't resist, and that's basically who I play with.

Awesome, hopefully i can make it out to your next session. whats getting played? AE? marvel? both?
    geoff, if i can make the next one and u need a ride let me know. pick u up.
    Goonie Squad
    Awesome, hopefully i can make it out to your next session. whats getting played? AE? marvel? both?.

We play MvC3 the most, AE 2nd. MK9 is in the game pile collecting dust. Haha. We usually have 2 setups going, and another console is always welcome.
    I was chatting with a few co-workers about doing up a weekly tourney at somebody's house. We got about a dozen MVC3 players at work and we practice on a setup in the breakroom. during lunch and after shifts. I gotta get the wheels in motion.......
  • Gabe RodriguezGabe Rodriguez Joined: Posts: 8
    I want tourney's for MK9 and SSF4AE
    I was chatting with a few co-workers about doing up a weekly tourney at somebody's house. We got about a dozen MVC3 players at work and we practice on a setup in the breakroom. during lunch and after shifts. I gotta get the wheels in motion.......

That's definitely what the local community needs. I've been trying to find local players, and I've played with about a dozen in the last couple weeks. What we need is someone with a big, fancy house who is willing to host these gatherings. :wgrin:
    I want tourney's for MK9 and SSF4AE

We have some AE players in our group. Hell I even play, but I have no idea how to play against more than half of the games cast. If you guys want some casual competition, should stop by next session.
    If I had a bigger house, I would do up some streams too :( Right now I got a tower with a BMIP, Behringer mixer, VHMulti, Wirecast, etc...but not that much time or space.....I need to win the lotto become the west coast Mr. Victor Font.
  • ey3boxxey3boxx "Your not a MotherF*ckin Factor Dude!" Joined: Posts: 28
    wow...salinas scene is dead...wtf geoff n kelly...hold dat
    " I option-select my life! "
    www.youtube.com/ey3boxx
    Team Channel:
    www.youtube.com/ON1gamingTV
  • ScoopsScoops too many demons Joined: Posts: 442
    i just moved to monterey for school and im looking for a scene for AE/MvC3 on the weekends. hit me up if you are holding sessions/tournies in the area.
  • Maji-OMNIMaji-OMNI Joined: Posts: 162
    Has there been any changes or developments or is it stuck in no place to go limbo?
    looks like salinas is dead again... :(
    Goonie Squad
  • RyanVRyanV Joined: Posts: 19
    Heading into town for my winter break tomorrow till 1/2/12. Hopefully something happens during my stay.
    SF4 = Zangief
    SSF4/AE = Zangief, 2nd = T. Hawk
  • RadioGnomeRadioGnome $0.00 Joined: Posts: 62
    Post deleted. Infraction given. STOP SPAMMING!

- CPS IV
    shawn, u gonna have a session anytime soon?
    Goonie Squad
  • A.K.A.K. 稀代の天才魔導士 Joined: Posts: 289
    Holy moly there is actually somewhat of a fighting community in Salinas?! Someone answer me!
    Cheap commissions! Art, Ps3 Themes, anything! :D

http://honey-tree.deviantart.com/
    <333333
    Theres four people or something, with no place to meetup.

The last place was that cyber cafe in Old Town but they kicked us out since we weren't profitable enough.
    Indeed......if there were a nice spot in Norf Salinas (I gots no car), it would be most good.....most good........We do got quite a few players in towne, but not that much communication inbetweensk.....Maybe a Group should be started on BaseFook so people can spread the word a bit faster? #eeeeeeeeeeeeeeSports
    A group is useless without a a place to meetup.
    For what it's worth, I am making an FB group and adding some people I work with. Maybe others can join in and contribute with ideas and possible places to play. :) @GYT might even hold another MBT one day.....Tis a start, no less.
    Fuuuuuuuuuuu....I made the post, but didn't put the link. #Kappa
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/182584115174361/
    If anyone has idears on how to make the group page better, holler so I can do it up!
  • ChambeoChambeo Joined: Posts: 3
    So is this shit dead?
    No place to go, nobody willing to host. Of course it's dead.
  • ChambeoChambeo Joined: Posts: 3
    Whos down for some casuals at my house on Wednesday?
    So how about this week?
    Anything today?
    Whos down for some casuals at my house on Wednesday?
    Anything this week? I really wish you would talk to more people in some sort of manner, I can't get text messages at home.
    Shout outs to central California fighting scene
    Would anyone be interested in starting a carpool with me so we could go to more events since Salinas is a shithole that has no possible place to host so the three or four people sit around playing online instead?
  • TrapcomTrapcom Generic User Title Joined: Posts: 4
    Would anyone be interested in starting a carpool with me so we could go to more events since Salinas is a shithole that has no possible place to host so the three or four people sit around playing online instead?
    Hey, I am down for that. A couple friends and I usually play every weekend. We play almost all fighting games but our main game is AE. We might consider hosting something. I'll let them know. Also let me know if you are still interested in playing. Seems like this thread is not too active :(
    Hey, I am down for that. A couple friends and I usually play every weekend. We play almost all fighting games but our main game is AE. We might consider hosting something. I'll let them know. Also let me know if you are still interested in playing. Seems like this thread is not too active :(
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I had kinda given up on this scene and stopped checking. Has there been any updates?
  • TaLkSiCk831TaLkSiCk831 Joined: Posts: 3
    I'm in Marina and I'm looking for a crew to get down with on some local games. I don't play SF though, all I play is UMVC3. I'm not opposed to occasionally having a few people over to my pad for some games. I got a car and I'm down to travel to salas.
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I had kinda given up on this scene and stopped checking. Has there been any updates?
    We are all still down for something if people are interested.
    We are all still down for something if people are interested.

If Mahvel is being played, I'm very interested and willing to do what I can to help.
  • CynistarCynistar Break the Barrier Joined: Posts: 1,120
    you guys should come over to fresno. we have alot of great competitors for marvel and AE.
    Defeat is possible... but highly improbable.
    Twitter@Cynistar742
    Facebook: Javier Garcia
    Youtube: Cynistar742
    If Mahvel is being played, I'm very interested and willing to do what I can to help.
    I don't know shit about Marvel but I'm willing to learn the game to get something going here in Salinas.
    you guys should come over to fresno. we have alot of great competitors for marvel and AE.
    If I could afford the gas for 5 hours of driving, I would probably head for the Bay Area.
    I don't know shit about Marvel but I'm willing to learn the game to get something going here in Salinas.
    In that case, I'll try to play some AE or any fighting game in general for that matter too. There really is no scene in Marina/Seaside/Salinas and I'm ready to do whatever I can to at least attempt to get something going. Does anyone know if Santa Cruz has a scene? I know they used to have a few really good mvc2 players back in the day.
    Well we need to figure out two things first:
    What day of the week is collectively the best for everyone, including the venue/house?
    Where can we all gather up that is within reasonable distance?