This Is All For Killing!: The M.O.D.O.K Combo Thread

Comments

• LTPLTP Joined: Posts: 832
    That combo was giving me all sorts of problems. i was calling drones with forward h. so i should call it first then? Will try that.

Also, the relaunch is significantly easier for me if i do air dash df cr m. however skmetimes the relaunch s will whiff. i dont think this is so much a timing thing as it is im doing the slime too fast. i want to say that u can take your time with air dash df into slime but i havent cobfirmed this
    Yeah, sometimes I think the launcher whiffs if you aren't close enough doing dashes. Fly canceling the cr.:m: into IAD j.:m: is definitely the most consistent, especially if you haven't used the groundbounce. And I forgot to mention, for offline, doing a j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h: for the first air series might make it a bit easier, but for some reason I can't do it online.
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Strange
    P4AU: S.Naoto, Adachi
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MythicVerbosity
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,652
    Do it! You're from Canada, you can't be sued ;)

Lol ok, consider all you science stolen!! (With proper sourcing - and omission if requested :sweat:)

All your base are belong to Nos

Don't be afraid to include any team combos involing MODOK as well, anything is fair game. I'll also try to include the stuff you mentioned Ironboy, some of that stuff was really dirty. :badboy:
  • kensanitykensanity Joined: Posts: 1,674
    Lol ok, consider all you science stolen!! (With proper sourcing - and omission if requested :sweat:)

All your base are belong to Nos

Don't be afraid to include any team combos involing MODOK as well, anything is fair game. I'll also try to include the stuff you mentioned Ironboy, some of that stuff was really dirty. :badboy:
    i mean this is just a suggestion, but it would be cool if you categorized options.

1) off back throw
    2) off forward throw
    3) jamming bomb combos
    4) mid screen combos
    5) corner combos
    6) incoming character combo/mixup
    7) jamming bomb reset follow ups (like what to do after the bomb hits)
    8) basic universal bnbs
    9) assist based stuff

etc. I mean clearly that's a lot of shit, but perhaps someone here should make a thread, reserve like 10 posts or so, and just fit in the the different tech into the different categories. these are just things i would like to learn more about but i'm sure there are other categories we need to address liek zoning, fly cancelling etc..

not sure how to organize that but, yeah
    I hit the lab to see what else I could do with dok/doom/sent (it's been awhile lol) and this is what I came up with.

normals, :f::h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, call missiles and dash in, cr.:m:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, missiles hit, :l: bomb, :l: cube, call drones and j.:s:, :h: blaster, :h: bomb, :f::h:, EX barrier, reset
    Getting the relaunch is the trickiest part. If you have too many hits with normals at the beginning (make sure st.:m: doesn't get many hits if you use it), you can't link the :s: after the cr.:m: for a relaunch. Also, for smaller characters, replacing the :h: blaster with a :l: bomb works.

The same combo, but adjusted for a snapback situation with good pressure options if they block coming in.
    snapback, cr.:m: (whiffs), :m: cube, :f::h:, fly, IAD j.:l: (whiffs), :s:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, call missiles and dash in, cr.:m:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:s:, missiles hit, :l: bomb, :l: cube, call drones and j.:s:, :h: blaster, :h: bomb, :f::h:, EX barrier, reset
  • CavemanCaveman Mashing on throw Joined: Posts: 495
    The same combo, but adjusted for a snapback situation with good pressure options if they block coming in.
    snapback, cr.:m: (whiffs), :m: cube, :f::h:, fly, IAD j.:l: (whiffs), :s:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, call missiles and dash in, cr.:m:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:s:, missiles hit, :l: bomb, :l: cube, call drones and j.:s:, :h: blaster, :h: bomb, :f::h:, EX barrier, reset

I love starting snap or welcome combos with cr.M, M cube. With the right spacing you can TOD on a hit, unblockable if they normal block the cube and at worst a 50/50 if they AG the cube. good stuff
  • M0-T3MP35TM0-T3MP35T Joined: Posts: 104
    Nos: Nah I don't mind. "Go for it maaaaaaan" :)
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,900
    Okay I'm going to have to get my Ghetto reset game tips in since I have like the worst combos lol!
  • owoowo :3 Joined: Posts: 248
    Seems like something I could put into a ommunity video perhaps? :)

Would you guys mind if I compiled your BnB's into something like that? Motempest? Caveman? Etc?

What a great idea! I'll post my BnBs here later with some silly combos thrown in there too :D
    PSN: SleepAnglerfish (now available!)
    XBL: FrogAtelopus
  • MODOKmixup780MODOKmixup780 Joined: Posts: 6
    You could set up a pretty nice unblockable after you set the barrier with deadpool's quickwork assist. Also could someone post the notations for modoks TAC cubes combos?
    Also could someone post the notations for modoks TAC cubes combos?

CORNER ONLY
    UP or DOWN TAC
    L-Cube
    Air L
    Air M
    H-Cube ~ Flight
    [Air M x H-Cube]x4
    M-Cube x2
    L-Cube
    Air L
    Air S (spike)
    OTG c.M into Super/whatever

That's a pretty generic one and works against most standard sized characters?

..and Mo-Tempest, was that a Lapchi reference? lol
    Thank you nos, I appreciate it
  • M0-T3MP35TM0-T3MP35T Joined: Posts: 104
    Lapchi the player? lol, nah actually it was an Alpha 3 reference. The announcer used to say that randomly in between rounds hah.
    Combo time! All of these use Hsien Ko's Senpu Bu assist

Corner Bnb: cr.:h:, IAD j.:m:, cr.:h:, IAD j.:m:, cr.:h:,:s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, Psionic Blaster:l:, AirDash:d: , j.:s:, land, cr.:m:,:s:, j.:h:, :qcf::l:, AirDash:d: , j.:s:, land, :a1: (Senpu Bu), cr.:m:, Psionic Blaster:l:, Balloon Bomb:l:, :f:+:h:, Balloon Bomb:l:, :f:+:h:, IAD j.:s:, Balloon Bomb:l:, :f:+:h:, Psionic Blaster:l:, Hyper Battering Ram.
    835,000 aprox, damage. It's a whole lot easier to do this for me without the air Psionic Blasters online, so I usually just skip them (with some modifications). The damage, however, goes to 810,000 aprox, which is not enough to kill some important characters, (like Zero >__<).

Silliness (corner): Pre Balloon Bomb:l: near the corner, :f:+:h:, Balloon Bomb :l:, Balloon Bomb :l:, Balloon Bomb :l:, Balloon Bomb :l:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, Psionic Blaster:l:, AirDash:d: , j.:s: land, :a1: (Senpu Bu), cr.:m:, Psionic Blaster:l:, Balloon Bomb:l:, :f:+:h:, IAD j.:s:, Balloon Bomb :l:, :f:+:h:, Psionic Blaster:l:, Hyper Battering Ram. 820,000 aprox.
    Not likely to happen outside of training mode, but it might be possible against incoming characters after a kill (preferably jammed) and with some smart positioning (and modifications!). I'm sure this would be a lot sillier with proper assists (like Haggar and Sentinel. *Wink Wink*).

Weird combo (corner): cr.:h:, IAD:d:, cr.:h:, IAD:d:, cr.:h:, IAD:d:, cr.:h:, IAD:d:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h:, :df:+:h:, IAD:df:, :df:+:h:, IAD:u:, j.:h:, j.:s:, :f:+:h:, :s: (strict timing here), j.:h:, Psionic Blaster :l:, AirDash:d: , j.:s: land, :a1: (Senpu Bu), cr.:m:, Psionic Blaster:l:, Balloon Bomb:l:, :f:+:h:, Psionic Blaster:l:, Hyper Battering Ram.
    820,000 aprox.This one speaks for itself. I've tried to make it better but I'm stuck with this :rofl:. I would use it more if the timing of the :s: wasn't so strict.

P.S: I won't post my midscreen combos because they suck :sweat:.
    Who else is on your team Owo? Shame to just use one assist eh? hehe
    Yeah, I know T_T. I use Phoenix Wright on my third slot. His assists are not very good at keeping the combo going (at least not in an evident way). I tried incorporating Press the Witness into them, but it won't hold the opponent for very long (since the last hit of Press the Witness, which does a soft knockdown, tends to whiff). I just haven't experimented with the other two (been focusing on optimizing my combos with one assist), although paperwork seems to be a likely candidate for a possible combo extender. Maybe you can figure out some way to put him in there :china: .
    Wait, wait.. just.. waitaminute..

MODOK/Hsien Ko/Phoenix Wright? THAT's your team?? :eek:

Glutton for punishment eh? :wgrin:
    Yes, that's my team :sweat:. I just use the characters I like based on design. Don't really care about using the 'best' teams. Besides, it's fun figuring out how to make it work (and so far it does! kinda...).

seriously that's the most gimped team ever. Much respect for sticking with it.
  • El_MaizEl_Maiz You can never tell with that guy Joined: Posts: 3,023

MODOK/Pendulum is incredible. Lockdown/combo/get off assist all in one.
    seriously that's the most gimped team ever. Much respect for sticking with it.

Lol it's not too bad. It took me a while to settle on a decent lineup, but other than that it's been really fun. I call it the LearnToBlock team :rofl:.
    MODOK/Pendulum is incredible. Lockdown/combo/get off assist all in one.

Yes it is :lovin: Golden armor also gives you a relatively safe Crossover Counter which on occasion can save your ass (for example, against overconfident Hulk players that drag you to the corner with drones).

Edit: somebody please tell me how to put the name of the person I'm quoting. It's driving me crazy o_O.
    Is the TAC cube combos possible midscreen? If so is there a notation for it?
    Is the TAC cube combos possible midscreen? If so is there a notation for it?
    that particular tac combo is not possible mid screen. however, there is another TAC combo that someone posted a few days ago. I think it gets 7 cubes, but its still pretty awesome. personally, I'd work on movement and other solo combos with MODOK before delving into the TAC area.
    I feel like my movement and my overall ability to open up my opponent is really sub par
  • elver-g0nelver-g0n Mur-Dawk Joined: Posts: 28
    hello guys, i need some help with my team. Modok/Rocket Raccoon/Dormmamu. Ive just been doing basic combos, and the assist help alot. But my combos just really seem to suck. Anyone got any ideas with this team? Big DMG combos? http://www.youtube.com/battleforthesouth#p/u/7/IgVHMcZ_1Oo (here's a lil vid of my modok in action)
    hello guys, i need some help with my team. Modok/Rocket Raccoon/Dormmamu. Ive just been doing basic combos, and the assist help alot. But my combos just really seem to suck. Anyone got any ideas with this team? Big DMG combos? http://www.youtube.com/battleforthesouth#p/u/7/IgVHMcZ_1Oo (here's a lil vid of my modok in action)
    I've messed around a little with RR; here's a little combo extender I use with the log assist midscreen.

:s: and log assist, j.:h:, j.:s:, assist hits, addf j.:l: (whiffs), land, :s:, air series
    There's probably a better way to use the assist, but I just do it because I think it looks cool :)
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,665
    Take a good at this spread sheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgP5aijkvUNBdHlqM3V2Q2xrWnlaeU9FallMaGJHMlE&hl=en_US#gid=0
    This basically explains to you which assist are immune(if you start or end a combo they shouldn't change their hitstun values) to HSD, and Rocket is a useful Combo extender because of the fact that His Log does soft knockdown in a long combo. You can also use THCs with Rocket/Dormmamu if you don't have a enough damage on your team. A basic THC with Dormmamu will do a lot damage for Rocket and MODOK.
    Or hard tag dotmammu at end then put flame carpet + log assist cr m into relaunch?! Omfg
    Take a good at this spread sheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgP5aijkvUNBdHlqM3V2Q2xrWnlaeU9FallMaGJHMlE&hl=en_US#gid=0
    This basically explains to you which assist are immune(if you start or end a combo they shouldn't change their hitstun values) to HSD, and Rocket is a useful Combo extender because of the fact that His Log does soft knockdown in a long combo. You can also use THCs with Rocket/Dormmamu if you don't have a enough damage on your team. A basic THC with Dormmamu will do a lot damage for Rocket and MODOK.
    That said i bet u could do something jn the corner that ends in hpb dhc into the bouncing thing hard tag modok into slime + log assist. omfg that sounds wild
    I've messed around a little with RR; here's a little combo extender I use with the log assist midscreen.

:s: and log assist, j.:h:, j.:s:, assist hits, addf j.:l: (whiffs), land, :s:, air series
    There's probably a better way to use the assist, but I just do it because I think it looks cool :)
    i just tried it, it does look really cool. ill def use it if im about to kill my foe. thx ltp
    Or hard tag dotmammu at end then put flame carpet + log assist cr m into relaunch?! Omfg
    That said i bet u could do something jn the corner that ends in hpb dhc into the bouncing thing hard tag modok into slime + log assist. omfg that sounds wild
    thx ironboy and kensanity :) how exactly does that spreadsheet work?
    and that does sound sick! im trying to extend my combos noss99 style, but im still working on it. i almost got something working with rr and dormammu
    thx ironboy and kensanity :) how exactly does that spreadsheet work?
    and that does sound sick! im trying to extend my combos noss99 style, but im still working on it. i almost got something working with rr and dormammu
    The spreadsheet lists the assists and a detail about each. u pretty much want to figure out how to apply ones that are hitstun immune ire cause a kncokdown property at the ends if combos . ones that capture the opponent, or cause a hard or soft knockdown are the best since modok already has a way to utilize both a groundbounce as well as wall bounce on his own
    Yeah, I know T_T. I use Phoenix Wright on my third slot. His assists are not very good at keeping the combo going (at least not in an evident way). I tried incorporating Press the Witness into them, but it won't hold the opponent for very long (since the last hit of Press the Witness, which does a soft knockdown, tends to whiff). I just haven't experimented with the other two (been focusing on optimizing my combos with one assist), although paperwork seems to be a likely candidate for a possible combo extender. Maybe you can figure out some way to put him in there :china: .
    The Missile assist can extend dok's combos to get another blaster or bomb in. But I was messing around with the assist recently, and oh boy, the resets you can do with that assist. If you can get them in the corner behind an EX barrier, you can float up and go for a back airthrow, or if the assist is timed correctly and they decided to stay on the ground instead, you get a j.:h: and an unblockable.

Oh, and to get people's names in quotes, you just click reply on the bottom right of their post :)
    The Missile assist can extend dok's combos to get another blaster or bomb in. But I was messing around with the assist recently, and oh boy, the resets you can do with that assist. If you can get them in the corner behind an EX barrier, you can float up and go for a back airthrow, or if the assist is timed correctly and they decided to stay on the ground instead, you get a j.:h: and an unblockable.

Oh, and to get people's names in quotes, you just click reply on the bottom right of their post :)

Thanks LTP! I guess I should have kept the Missle assist then. I was put off by it because of it's slow start up, but I think I can get used to it with practice. Besides, I looked at the spreadsheet Nos made and it seems Missle does not count toward hitstun scaling! A low hitting OTG with combo extending capabilities...Lovely. Now if only I could find a place where I can play UMVC3...

Thanks for the quote thing too :D
  • RoyalFlushTZRoyalFlushTZ *Not a Ryu cosplayer! Joined: Posts: 1,458
    My corner TAC combo that I've been using for a while:
    (in corner) Down Exchange, j.H~L cube, j.H~L cube, j.M,M plink flight, [j.M~M cube x4], M cube x2, L cube~BYE BYE (then DHC if necessary)
    (in corner) Up Exchange, j.L (3 hits), j.H~L cube, j.H~L cube, j.M,M plink flight, [j.M~M cube x4], M cube x2, L cube~BYE BYE (then DHC if necessary)

On smaller characters, it's best to exclude one j.H~L cube.

I also have a combo that I put together that utilizes VJoe on Shocking Pink and Thor on Mighty Smash, builds 3 cubes and still does from about 920k-1mil+. I'll post a vid sometime.
    Thor/M.O.D.O.K/Viewtiful Joe
    Long live the Mighty THODOK! I do stick mods, too!
    youtube.com/RoyalFlush for TvC:UAS and T5DR vids
    Does anyone know how to do the midscreen TAC cube combo?
    ^ I know of one that gets 9 cubes.

Side TAC
    air H
    L-Cube
    Air L
    Air M
    H-Cube
    Airdash Forward
    Air M
    Flight ~ H-Cube
    [Air M x H-Cube]x2
    H-Cube
    M-Cube x2
    L-Cube
    ** Air HPB / Airdash L -> S (spike)

The first bit can be switched up to whatever works, just as long as you get 2 cubes, and then airdash into the [Air M x H-Cube] loops.

** The last part is incredibly difficult to land though (for me at least). Extremely picky, character weight, size, placement, etc.. It's much easier just getting your 7-8 cubes and doing an air super/ender (omit that last H-Cube for example).

I'm thinking there's got to be a way to make it easier.. Hold forward during the loop to close the gap? Use a different pattern maybe? Anyone? :sweat:
    thanks noss. if this works. my all respects to you sir ;)
  • CavemanCaveman Mashing on throw Joined: Posts: 495
    I agree with nos99 its more practical getting your 7-8 cubes and finishing the combo. The side exchange is easiest midscreen but you can do a variant of this combo with an up exchange. I have a lot of trouble consistently spiking after the down exchange midscreen so that limits the mixup/damage for me. To the lab I guess.
  • Justin3201Justin3201 combos Joined: Posts: 344
    You guys have any advice for getting touch of death combos? I'm trying to run a practical generic team like modok wesker doom. I can't seem to find any practical midscreen to corner combo. Its probably the hit stun deterioration but its also because I don't know if my combos actually work. I used wesker's jaguar kick and doom missiles. I dropped sent because he's a bad anchor. I believe if you want to kill with the beam then you need at least 5 cubes?

Also i'm having trouble getting the ground bounce after the forward H into either bomb or cube into forward H jump adf S. Any tips?
    Sfxt: Wtf Rufus dive kick nerf!
    Vanilla mvc3: Magneto, Dante, Haggar
    Umvc3: Everyone but chun li
    MK9: Johnny Cage
  • GonorrheaGonorrhea Humanoid Being Joined: Posts: 12
    Oh wow Owo. Your team is 2/3 mine. But instead of Wright, I have Thor.

Those Senpu Bu combos will probably help me a lot aha. Much thanks for those. :V

I know this is kinda off from MODOK, but do you usually DHC from MODOK into gold armour?

HBR brings the opponent kinda high up in the air, and a high-amount of cubes for HPB keeps the opponent grounded for quite a while, so DHC into gold armour and then raw tag is viable? I'm not really sure.

I've been losing a lot trying to start Hsien Ko on point, but DHC seems to work better. ;_;
    I do usually DHC from MODOK into gold armor. As I said in another thread, I find MODOK's ability to set the pace of the match at the start very valuable.
    One of the best possible moments for DHCing into Rimoukon and then raw tagging is after killing the opponent with a MODOK super.
    You can DHC and rawtag after HPB (one cube minimum) if it does not kill the opponent, but it depends on your opponent's position after the HPB hits. I play online, so I'm not so certain this is safe, but I've done it and at the very least I can say the other player will have some difficulty punishing you.
    You can also take advantage of Gold Armor Hsien Ko, since she usually causes the opponent to run away. Just wait for the opponent to throw out a projectile and let your incoming character take the damage. The opponent can't continue a combo in most cases, and you get Thor or MODOK with Senpu Bu Gold Assist :)