This Is All For Killing!: The M.O.D.O.K Combo Thread

Dewd111111222Dewd111111222 Philly's youngestJoined: Posts: 309
Haven't seen one on this forums, and it seems like we badly need one.

Quick terminology in case you are unfamiliar or new to the button notation/Terminology for Mvc3.
(Inspired by Killey's Magneto combo thread format)

:l:=:snka:
:m:=:snkb:
:h:=:snkc:
:s:=:snkd:
:u:=u, up, 8
:uf:=uf, up forward, 9
:f:=f, forward, 6
:df:=df, down forward, 3
:d:=d, down, 2
:db:=db, down back, 1
:b:=b, back, 4
:ub:=ub, up back, 7

c=Crouch
s=Stand
j=jump
dj=double jump
jc=jump cancel
AD=Air Dash
IAD=Instant Air Dash
xx=cancel
OTG=Off the Ground
XFC/KFC=X-Factor Cancel
DD=Double Dash
WD=Wave Dash
DP=Dragon punch motion

Rules:
1) Please refer to the following thread for notation:http://shoryuken.com/f340/notation-should-we-use-mvc3-256191/
2) Include what distance the combo works eg. Midscreen, Corner, etc...
3) Include the damage if possible. If the combo damage is variable due to how a Super works then just put a note that it's variable.
4) If your combo includes an assist please state what character and what type of assist you have choosen. Please avoid using the A, B, Y assist notation and just type out which assist it is.
5) Please note any important information needed to perform the combo such as delays or timing.
6) If Analyze cube is part of the combo, please list how many times you use it in the combo.

Works on anyone (Standing or crouching):

Anywhere:

AD, :m:, :m:(One hit)-:h:, :f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:h:, DD(Or WD twice), :s:, SJ, :m:-:m:-:h:-:s:, land, dash, c.:m: xx :l:+:s: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk:(Steer and mash!)
565,000 damage
1 cube
Found by:Trag

Mid Screen:

AD, :m:, :m:(one hit)-:h:-:f:+:h: xx qcb:+:h:, DD (Or WD twice), :s: :u: SJ.:m:-:m:-:h:-:s:, land, c.:m: xx :qcb:+:s:(Flight), :s: (bounce), land, :s: SJ.:h:
xx QCB+:atk::atk:
621,700 damage
1 cube

:f:+:h:, Hold :uf:, AD :df: (:df:+:l:+:m:), Ground dash, j.:h:-:s:(bounce), dash, :qcb:+:l:, :s: :u:
sj.:m:-:m:-:h:-:s: xx :l:-:s: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk: (Steer and mash!!)
600.700 damage
1 cube

:f:+:h:, DD(Or WD twice), J.:m:-:s:, land, dash, :qcb:+:l:, :s: :u: SJ.:h: xx :qcb:+:l: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk:(Steer+mash)
225,000 damage
3 cubes
Found by:
Trag

J.:s: :qcb:+:l: :f: + :h:, :qcb: + :h:, :qcb: + :h: :qcb: + :atk::atk:
330,000 damage
3 cubes
Found by:
Audit

IAD:m:c.:l:s.:m:c.:h:IAD:m:c.:h:IAD:m:c.:h::f::h:IAD:s:Light cube:s:s.j:m::h:Light Cube, Battering Ram.

"Notation may be a bit messed, but basically do the loop until corner launch into basic SJ cube combo to super."
Found by:
WorstPlayer

Corner related:

AD, :m:, :m:(one hit)-:h:-:f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:l:, J.:h:-:s: (bounce), dash, :qcb:+:l:, :s: :u: SJ.H xx :l:+:s: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk: (STEER AND MASH!!!)
584,900 Damage
2 cubes

:d:.:l:-:d::m:-:d::h: Skrull B assist xx :qcb:.:l:, ;qcb:.:l:-:u:, J.:h: XX :qcb:.:l:, J.:m:-J.:h: xx qcb:.:l:, j.:m:-j.:s:, :qcb:.:l:, :f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:l:-:u:, j.:h: xx :qcb:.:l: or :m: xx :qcf: :atk::atk:
??? damage
7 cubes
Found by: At The Gates

Assist related:

0:00-0:12
:l:-:m:(one hit)-:f:+:h:, Spencer B assist, :qcb:+:l: xx hold :uf: :s:, :qcb:+:l:-:s:, :m:-:h:-:s:, C.:m: xx :qcb:.:h: xx :qcb:.:atk::atk: (steer mash)
544,000 damage
2 cubes
Found by:gcyoshi13

0:13-0:32
:l:-:m:(one hit)-:f:+:h: xx :u:, :m:-:h: xx :qcb:+:l:, :m:-:h: xx :qcb:+:l:, :m:-:s: xx :qcb:+:l:, :f:+:h: Sentinel A assist- DP.:m:, :qcb:.:l: xx :qcf:.:atk::atk:, C.:m: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk: (steer mash)
846,100 damage
4 cubes

0:34-0:48
F+Grab, C.:m:-Spencer B assist xx :qcb:+:l: xx :u:, :m:-:s: :qcb:+:l:, :f:.:h:-Sentinel A assist-DP.:m: xx :qcf:.:atk::atk:, C.:m:, :qcb:.:atk::atk:
802,000 damage
2 cubes

:l:-:m:(one hit)-:d:+:h:-:f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:h:, dash, IAD, J.:s:, :qcb:.:l:, :s:, J.:m:-:m:-:s:, :d:+:m:, Dooms Y assist, Jamming bomb xx :qcb:+:atk::atk: (steer mash my friend)
537,000 damage
2 cubes (one used for the Jamming Bomb)
Found by:
Loocid

0:00-0:15
:b:+throw, dash, C.:m:+Sentinel Y assist xx :qcb:+:h:, IAD :qcb:+:l:, :s:, land, :qcb:+:l:, :l:+Haggar A assist xx :qcb:+:l:, :qcb:+:l:, :f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:h:, IAD, :qcb:+:l: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:
650,000 damage
7 cubes (All used for the super)
Found by:
BoraswerBoxer

0:15-
:f:+throw, C.:m:+Sentinel Y assist xx :qcb:+:l:, :qcb:+:l:, :u:, J.:m: xx :qcb:+:l:, J.:l:-:m: xx :qcb:+:l:, J.:l:-:s:, land, :qcb:+:l:, :f:+:h: xx :qcb:+:l:, :qcb:+:l:+Haggar A assist, :qcb:+:l:, :uf:, :qcb:+:l: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:, land, C.:m: xx :qcb:+:atk::atk:(Steer Mash)
1,001,300 damage
9 cubes (All for super)
Found by:
BoraswerBoxer
Known as Dai Huu

Comments

• Dewd111111222Dewd111111222 Philly's youngest Joined: Posts: 309
  • DrDOggDrDOgg Author Joined: Posts: 368
    Anywhere:

AD, :m:, :m:(One hit)-:h:, :f:+:h: xx QCB+:h:, DD(Or WD twice), :s:, SJ, :m:-:m:-:h:-:s:, land, dash, c.:m: xx :l:+:s: xx QCB+:atk::atk:(Steer and mash!)
    565,000 damage
    1 cube

I could not get this combo to work on Felicia. The first H kept missing and I had problems getting the air combo portion to work (the j.S would keep missing). I then tried the combo on Cap like the video showed and it worked fine unless Cap was crouching, in which case the first H would miss again.

Am I doing something wrong on Felicia or does the combo not work on shorter or crouching characters?
    "Where I walk, I walk alone. Where I fight, I fight alone. Where... where is one who can stand against me?"
    I could not get this combo to work on Felicia. The first H kept missing and I had problems getting the air combo portion to work (the j.S would keep missing). I then tried the combo on Cap like the video showed and it worked fine unless Cap was crouching, in which case the first H would miss again.

Am I doing something wrong on Felicia or does the combo not work on shorter or crouching characters?

You have to do C.::l:-:m:-:f:+:h: on crouchers.

The part about the j.s missing, you have to shorten the combo for it to work, so instead of :m:-:m:-:h:-:s:, you do :m:-:m:-:s:
    Known as Dai Huu
  • MacarrattiMacarratti Joined: Posts: 1,421
    Nice thread Dewd, and nice combo list. Let's hope it just gets longer over time :)
  • keflexkeflex Joined: Posts: 72
    Good thread!

Can we get another section just for BnBs that will work on any character, standing or crouching?
    Good thread!

Can we get another section just for BnBs that will work on any character, standing or crouching?

Sure. :D
    Known as Dai Huu
  • ColdBrandColdBrand Joined: Posts: 738
    I'm wondering if it's possible to create some Urien type combos in the corner with the b+S shield in the corner? It locks people in.
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭

I think combos with Modok are going to be all about your assists.. I doubt you'll ever get 9 cubes in a combo without them.

Are there any other good assists to get those cubes? The best I've found is Sent and Haggar.. Dormammu black hole is good too.

I'm still trying to find a way to get 9 cubes after a midscreen backthrow, but it's so hard.. Any ideas? :/

I think combos with Modok are going to be all about your assists.. I doubt you'll ever get 9 cubes in a combo without them.

Are there any other good assists to get those cubes? The best I've found is Sent and Haggar.. Dormammu black hole is good too.

I'm still trying to find a way to get 9 cubes after a midscreen backthrow, but it's so hard.. Any ideas? :/

Have you tried using Doom, Akuma/Ryu? They are really good to continue combos with. On the 9 cubes thing, I made a transcript of the video if that will help. Other then that Bowser probably made the best possible way to do the 9 cube loop.
    Known as Dai Huu
    Dude, *I* am Bowser. :P

I tried Doom and the shotos, but they don't really do it for me. I'd rather someone who knocks them up, rather than away.. But who knows, maybe I'm not using them right? Argh. It's frustrating.. like a puzzle, but I don't know which pieces to use. :looney:
    Dude, *I* am Bowser. :P

I tried Doom and the shotos, but they don't really do it for me. I'd rather someone who knocks them up, rather than away.. But who knows, maybe I'm not using them right? Argh. It's frustrating.. like a puzzle, but I don't know which pieces to use. :looney:

My apologies. ;p Like you said, Haggar and Sentinel seem to be the best for him. Haggar's lariat is so good for the gtfo+combo, and Sentinel's drones hold so much space for you to work with.
    Known as Dai Huu
  • SinderSinder Joined: Posts: 124
    Have you tried using Doom, Akuma/Ryu? They are really good to continue combos with. On the 9 cubes thing, I made a transcript of the video if that will help. Other then that Bowser probably made the best possible way to do the 9 cube loop.

Best Assists for Cube loops
    Sent (obvious)
    Doom
    Hagger

My experience

Iron man
    is really good with juggling and doing at least 3 S combos. If I have a specific combo ill post it but Iron man is really good at helping modok keep space with repulsor blast. plus its at least 2 free cubes

More coming soon.....
    Sent (obvious)
    Doom
    Hagger

My experience

Iron man
    is really good with juggling and doing at least 3 S combos. If I have a specific combo ill post it but Iron man is really good at helping modok keep space with repulsor blast. plus its at least 2 free cubes

More coming soon.....

Ahh! Yeah, Iron man repsulsor blast does hold them there for a long ass time. Maybe that's the ticket?
  • EnochrewtEnochrewt Falls down too much Joined: Posts: 98
    I have a Mid-screen one to add that is so incredibly easy I can't believe I haven't seen it when playing agains other M.O.D.O.Ks or in videos yet:

Midscreen: :f: + :h:, :qcb: + :h:, :qcb: + :h: :qcb: + :atk::atk:

I think it's base damage was 319,000 and it was around 400,000+ if all of the battering ram hits. Simple combo for two cubes and only costs one level.

Also, after a standard launch you can do :m:, :h:, :qcb: + :l:, :l:, :m:, :qcb: + :h: xx :qcb: + :atk::atk:.

The simpler version after launch is :m:, :h:, :qcb: + :l:, :l:, :qcb: + :m: to :qcb: + :atk::atk:.

Sorry, I don't remember the damage for either. Well, I guess it depends on what you do before the launcher anyway. Both variations have two cubes.
  • keflexkeflex Joined: Posts: 72
    I have a Mid-screen one to add that is so incredibly easy I can't believe I haven't seen it when playing agains other M.O.D.O.Ks or in videos yet:

Midscreen: :f: + :h:, :qcb: + :h:, :qcb: + :h: :qcb: + :atk::atk:

I think it's base damage was 319,000 and it was around 400,000+ if all of the battering ram hits. Simple combo for two cubes and only costs one level.

Nice!

If you start off with a j.S you can add in a L Cube before doing your combo, netting you an additional cube.
  • PolybiusPolybius Joined: Posts: 274
    For new players looking for something extremely basic which does not require wave dashing or any difficult timing.

IAD j.:s: qcb.:l: s.:s: j.:m: j.:h: qcb.:l: df.:l:+:s: qcb.:atk::atk:

Does about 520k. It's suboptimal but is very easy to execute and may give you something to work with until you get to grips with the more advanced combos in this thread.
  • Shoryu ReppaShoryu Reppa Sunday drivers... Joined: Posts: 1,565
    fantastic thread meng :tup::tup::tup:
    t: @Dammit_Rab
    EVO 2012 - SFxT Top 36 Qualifier, Winners out of Pool J25
    Host of The Podsumaki Podcast- The Green Ranger's favorite fighting game Podcast
    Everyone, I will update the OP once I get back, currently at Winter Brawl. :D
    Known as Dai Huu
    Ahh! Yeah, Iron man repsulsor blast does hold them there for a long ass time. Maybe that's the ticket?

Note: chun legs is also really good..

However, I find that Dormammu, Iron Man, and especially Chun, really increase the hit-count and in turn, add a shitload of hit-decay.

For example, I've come across a 9 cube midscreen combo with modok/sent/chun, but on the 9th cube I can't combo anything afterward because they immediately pop out of it. :/
  • Shoryu ReppaShoryu Reppa Sunday drivers... Joined: Posts: 1,565
    long as I can combo into jamming bomb i'm good to go ;]
    t: @Dammit_Rab
    EVO 2012 - SFxT Top 36 Qualifier, Winners out of Pool J25
    Host of The Podsumaki Podcast- The Green Ranger's favorite fighting game Podcast
  • EnochrewtEnochrewt Falls down too much Joined: Posts: 98
    I had a M.O.D.O.K. epiphany last night, and I'm not sure it's a good one. I posted a simple BnB (F + :h:, :qcb: + :h:, :qcb: + :h:, :qcb: +:atk::atk:). Recently I've been trying to get :db: + :h: in to play more to keep people honest about blocking. Something simple like :l:, :m:, :db: + :h:, :qcb: + :h: for example.

So it occurs to me that in theory, I should be able to do :l:, :m:, :db: + :h:, :qcb: + :h:, :qcb: + :h: and combo two anal cubes off each other, just like in the first combo above. The opponent is being juggled a little lower, but it still should be doable. It's not. So the big thought process (and you can tell me if this was obvious to all of you from the begininng) leads me to realize that M.O.D.O.K's cube properties change depending on the state of your opponent. You can combo two cubes if the opponent is in a wallbounce state, but not in a knockdown juggle state like :db: + :h:.

Am I completely off base on this one? I'd like to test it more with some combos that combo :m: cubes together or :l: cubes, which I know precious few of. Like :s:, :m:, :h:, :qcb: + :l:, :qcb: + :l: does combo, but I don't know of any other way of getting them into the air with a different setup to see if it still combos.

I really think that understanding what's going on here is going to be the key fully realizing M.O.D.O.K.'S potential.
  • PutterPutter Richard Joined: Posts: 63
    How integral is building understanding early? I've been able to come up with some combos that get 4-5 cubes in at one time but they aren't very high in damage (350k-400k, maybe.) Should you consider learning understanding building combos to use at the beginning of a match or is understanding just really not that important beyond a few levels?

Not sure if it's been posted but just for style points this is a funny loop

(:uf:+:l: is just jump canceling into his feet, there's a large window for connecting this too)

:l:, :m:, :h: xx :uf: + :l:, :l:, :m:, :h: xx :uf: + :l:, repeat
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAD:m:c.:l:s.:m:c.:h:IAD:m:c.:h:IAD:m:c.:h::f::h:IAD:s:Light cube:s:s.j:m::h:Light Cube, Battering Ram.

Notation may be a bit messed, but basically do the loop until corner launch into basic SJ cube combo to super.
  • Aftermath1349Aftermath1349 God's Drippy Crevice Joined: Posts: 211
    Sent (obvious)
    Doom
    Hagger

My experience

Iron man

More coming soon.....

What's the recommended Haggar assist for cube loops?
    3S: Oro, Q, Dudley
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Double
    Double Lariat. ..It's really strange to NOT pick that assist with Haggar actually?

It's great for cubes because they cannot air recover once they get hit by it.. So it's especially helpful at the end of a long combo, where other assists wold just cause them to immediately air recover. You can usually get at least 2 cubes from it. The range isn't so hot though. :/

• DivemanDiveman Loli-zoning Joined: Posts: 2,648
    Modok can do launcher + doom's hidden missiles, then j.M j.H j.S, land, missiles hit, jamming bomb (LoU), corner only.
    Am I completely off base on this one?

Unfortunately (fortunately?) yes, I think you may be off on this one.

I think a lot of what you're talking about is whether you hit meaty with the cubes or not.

After the f+H wallbounce, you've almost completely recovered, and are tossing out the second cube inside of them instantly.. basically they're landing on two cubes together.

The second combo has you recovering later, and bouncing them on top of two consecutive cubes (and has more hits for more hit decay), so they're more likely to pop out.. I think it works in the corner anyway?
    Modok can do launcher + doom's hidden missiles, then j.M j.H j.S, land, missiles hit, jamming bomb (LoU), corner only.

Try this missile assist combo from just outside the corner:

f+H and Doom missile, wallbounce, L-Cube, launch, jump straight with immediate L, modok kicks like crazy, missiles hit, air M-balloon bomb, air dash d/f S (spike), OTG c.M into HBR/HPB/assist into whatever.

The sweet part is that I don't think they can air recover out of the air L (I've never seen it at least), so at the end of a longass combo when all your hit decay runs out, I think you can always still finish with this sequence, rack up a ton of hits for damage (80k-ish?) and still get to OTG into super/assist/whatever afterward.

..and it looks ridiculous too. lol
    Unfortunately (fortunately?) yes, I think you may be off on this one.

I think a lot of what you're talking about is whether you hit meaty with the cubes or not.

After the f+H wallbounce, you've almost completely recovered, and are tossing out the second cube inside of them instantly.. basically they're landing on two cubes together.

The second combo has you recovering later, and bouncing them on top of two consecutive cubes (and has more hits for more hit decay), so they're more likely to pop out.. I think it works in the corner anyway?

Try this missile assist combo from just outside the corner:

f+H and Doom missile, wallbounce, L-Cube, launch, jump straight with immediate L, modok kicks like crazy, missiles hit, air M-balloon bomb, air dash d/f S (spike), OTG c.M into HBR/HPB/assist into whatever.

The sweet part is that I don't think they can air recover out of the air L (I've never seen it at least), so at the end of a longass combo when all your hit decay runs out, I think you can always still finish with this sequence, rack up a ton of hits for damage (80k-ish?) and still get to OTG into super/assist/whatever afterward.

..and it looks ridiculous too. lol

My execution is terrible, you mind posting the damage for that?
    Known as Dai Huu
    I don't think that something which only builds 1 cube can be considered an adequate BnB.
  • AstarothAstaroth lol Super Armor Joined: Posts: 1,651
    I don't think that something which only builds 1 cube can be considered an adequate BnB.

j.S, l.cube, S, j.M, j.H, j.S, cr. M, S, j.H, j.S, cr.M, HBR does about 660,000 IIRC. I usually DHC that into Hulk's Gamma Crush for over 850,000.
    Full screen hyper psionic blast hit confirm.
    :qcf::s: :qcf::l: :qcf::atk::atk:
    315,300-542,100 damage
    -1 cube
  • FulaaniFulaani Of terrorist descent Joined: Posts: 2,555
    j.S, l.cube, S, j.M, j.H, j.S, cr. M, S, j.H, j.S, cr.M, HBR does about 660,000 IIRC. I usually DHC that into Hulk's Gamma Crush for over 850,000.
    Hey Astaroth, say you were to switch out Sent on your team who else do you figure works with Modok/Hulk?
    zoning took an indefinite hiatus
    Hey Astaroth, say you were to switch out Sent on your team who else do you figure works with Modok/Hulk?

I use Dorm w/ Dark Hole assist instead of Sent sometimes, but the huge weakness is that the team doesn't have an awesome assist to get Hulk (or even MODOK) in. Dark Hole is decent up close, and Hulk retains his 950,000 combo in the corner if MODOK dies. In fact, I never thought about it, but MODOK could have psionic blaster as his assist since Dorm's dark hole fills the job.

Any of the characters with a godlike assist could fit the team though. I wouldn't recommend Haggar lariat or Tron fire though, because 2/3 of your team will have trouble against zoners. Doom could definitely fit. Iron Man and Magneto beam assists could fit well too. Basically any character with a good projectile assist.
  • M0-T3MP35TM0-T3MP35T Joined: Posts: 104
    I found a "glitch" awhile back that really helps MODOK's pressure game. If you cancel out the recovering frames of any IAD normal into flight mode, that move cannot be advanced guarded. MODOK will land right in front of them, and they will be at severe frame disadvantage if they try. You're basically Unflying automatically by activating flight mode so low to the the ground that it wont startup. Not sure why this works conceptually but whatever ...i'll take anything I can get haha.
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835 ✭✭✭
    619,900 DMG, midscreen, 3 cubes
    j.:s:, :qcb::l:, :f::h: xx :qcb::h: (Dash) :s:, j.:m::h::s: (Land and dash) c.:m: xx :qcb::l: xx :qcb::atk::atk:

500,000 DMG, midscreen, 3 cubes
    :m:, :f::h: xx :qcb::h: (Dash, jump and ADF) j.:s:, :qcb::l:, :s:, j.:m::h::s: (Land and dash) c.:m: xx :qcb::l: xx :qcb::atk::atk:

674,300 DMG, corner, 4 cubes
    c.:h:, :f::h: xx :qcb::l:, c.:h: (jc and ADF) j.:m: (Land and re-jump) j.:m::h: xx Air :qcb::l:, j.:m::s:, :qcb::l:, :s:, j.:h::s: (Land) c.:m: xx :qcb::l: xx :qcb::atk::atk:

714,100 DMG, corner
    (Place :dp::l: bomb) c.:h:, :f::h: xx :dp::l:, :qcb::l:, c.:h: (jc) j.:h::s:, :qcb::l:, :s:, j.:h::s: (Land) c.:m: xx :qcb::l: xx :qcb::atk::atk:

Even if it does +800k? :P

You can get the same damage with 3 cubes at the least.
    You can get the same damage with 3 cubes at the least.

Oops, forgot the last cube right before HBR. One more cube isn't too bad, but you're right.
  • Vongo1aVongo1a Dr Expendable Joined: Posts: 180

Notation may be a bit messed, but basically do the loop until corner launch into basic SJ cube combo to super.

What is the notation for instant air dashing? What I do is jump -> Hold forward -> and press two buttons. Is this the correct way of doing instant air dashing?
    If you want to see how smart you are Click Here
  • DietDiet Garbage Day Joined: Posts: 1,287
    What is the notation for instant air dashing? What I do is jump -> Hold forward -> and press two buttons. Is this the correct way of doing instant air dashing?
    You dont need to hold forward, pressing the 2 buttons in air does the airdash forward automatically. you only need to press a direction when going in the other directions.
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
  • CheshireMooseCheshireMoose Joined: Posts: 40
    619,900 DMG, midscreen, 3 cubes
    j.:s:, :qcb::l:, :f::h: xx :qcb::h: (Dash) :s:, j.:m::h::s: (Land and dash) c.:m: xx :qcb::l: xx :qcb::atk::atk:

500,000 DMG, midscreen, 3 cubes
    :m:, :f::h: xx :qcb::h: (Dash, jump and ADF) j.:s:, :qcb::l:, :s:, j.:m::h::s: (Land and dash) c.:m: xx :qcb::l: xx :qcb::atk::atk:

674,300 DMG, corner, 4 cubes
    c.:h:, :f::h: xx :qcb::l:, c.:h: (jc and ADF) j.:m: (Land and re-jump) j.:m::h: xx Air :qcb::l:, j.:m::s:, :qcb::l:, :s:, j.:h::s: (Land) c.:m: xx :qcb::l: xx :qcb::atk::atk:

714,100 DMG, corner
    (Place :dp::l: bomb) c.:h:, :f::h: xx :dp::l:, :qcb::l:, c.:h: (jc) j.:h::s:, :qcb::l:, :s:, j.:h::s: (Land) c.:m: xx :qcb::l: xx :qcb::atk::atk:

I love these combos. For the first one though, how are you dashing up to get the S launcher? I've tried wave dashing twice but I can't get it.
  • KinXBinXKinXBinX KIDE Joined: Posts: 146
    does anyone know anything better than:
    2A,2B,2C,[ j.B,C,214A]x3, j.B,D,\/, 214A, 6C,214A, j.C,214A or B, 236XX
    if you're slightly outside the corner, you can do this:
    2A,2B,2C, iad.j.B,\/, j.B,j.C, ....
    for the cube loop?
    "I'm not in danger, I AM the danger!" Walter White (Breaking Bad)
  • batmanuelbatmanuel Joined: Posts: 137
    I found a "glitch" awhile back that really helps MODOK's pressure game. If you cancel out the recovering frames of any IAD normal into flight mode, that move cannot be advanced guarded. MODOK will land right in front of them, and they will be at severe frame disadvantage if they try. You're basically Unflying automatically by activating flight mode so low to the the ground that it wont startup. Not sure why this works conceptually but whatever ...i'll take anything I can get haha.

So I've been trying this out in the lab and I get pushblocked everytime. I tried IAD forward m and l. Does this not work on the AI? maybe a little more explanation on how you set it up
  • SupercidalSupercidal Mr Option Select Joined: Posts: 54
    I have a 5 Cube (4 cause of JB) Jamming Bomb Combo in the corner with Doom missiles that is so easy and practical to do. Plus it leads to a free mix up since their controls will still be reversed when the combo ends.

I'm gonna experiment some more to see if I can get more cubes and jamming bomb as well, I might be able to get 7 (6) w Jamming Bomb
    Vote = Ultron For Marvel vs Capcom 3's New Sentinel
  • Aftermath1349Aftermath1349 God's Drippy Crevice Joined: Posts: 211
    does anyone know anything better than:
    2A,2B,2C,[ j.B,C,214A]x3, j.B,D,\/, 214A, 6C,214A, j.C,214A or B, 236XX
    if you're slightly outside the corner, you can do this:
    2A,2B,2C, iad.j.B,\/, j.B,j.C, ....
    for the cube loop?

What does \/ mean?

And for the loop are you doing j.B then landing and doing C? or j.B to j.C?
    3S: Oro, Q, Dudley
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Double
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    \/ means "land", or "touch the ground" basically..

Old XvSF terminology. :P
  • LoocidLoocid Joined: Posts: 15
    Combo masters of MODOK, i need your help. Im working on a midscreen combo with hagger atm but im stuck. It looks like this right now.

Using numpad + LMHS notation

L, M, 2H, 6H, dash, IAD, j.S, l cube, HAGGER, l cube, dash, l cube, S, j.Mx2, S

The problem is, the last S doesnt connect cause hitstun isnt long enough, anyway to get around this?