North San Diego County: Vista/Oceanside Area

MarceloAbansMarceloAbans The Fat ManJoined: Posts: 343
Who:
We are an established group of fighting games players ranging in all skill level that enjoy a casual environment to play, level up, and occasionally have tournies with.

What:
Since July 2011, we have run casuals every 2 weeks (sometimes 3 if holidays are present). These are open invite to any folks in the area that want to get together, have some great games, and have some good food too.

New folks are always invited! You dont need permission from the group to come... sign up on the site and show up... play/watch/socialize... New players are always made to feel welcome and feel part of the group fast.

We also have the privilege of having some of the best stick builders and modders in the US come to the events... (J+J super socal modding crew) Many times they will dual mod a stick on site or arrange to get your stick modded quickly.

Its a very relaxed atmosphere and most new folks become regulars rather quickly.

What we play:
Same time: 3 pm to 3 am

Tournys need to be over by 2:30... starting at 7pm

6:30PM: Sign ups for all games (4)

7:00-7:15PM: UMVC3 (3 out of 5) & KOF XIII (2 out of 3) Start

9:00-9:15PM: SSF4AE(Pokemon) & Persona 4(2 out of 3) Start

All streamed on twitch.tv/ofcsd

After SSF4AE is over, assuming it goes faster than previous, we have room for exhibition matches, High paying money matches for the stream or just casuals, Maybe even a small ST tournament who knows. The main point for this is we need established times for people to be there so we can stream the whole event and get out by 3 AM.

As you can also see above, SSF4AE is listed as Pokemon style tournament. Next OFC we will be having a team tournament for Street Fighter. This will be chosen teams so find your partner(s) soon so it makes creating the brackets easier. In lough of that, I have heard mixed results of how big each team should be, So below please comment/post on your preferred team size of either 2's or 3's. I usually don't play in the tournament because I am running the brackets but if a team is short one and you don't mind me being on your team (don't worry I'm the best, hence why I don't play), I will be more than happy to fill in a missing slot. If anyone has any comments complaints, just wants to yell at me just cause, comment away.

Also last OFC we had some issues with brackets being held up. If someone isn't there at the time their name is called Myself or someone will look for you for a maximum of 10 minutes before you are dropped, so if you are going somewhere please let me know in advanced so i can either have you play earlier or hold your match for later (if possible). If you have friends that want to sign up but aren't there yet, again I will try my best to hold their match until they arrive but If push comes to shove there isn't much I can do.

Facilities:
Address is:
5857 Owens Ave, Carlsbad CA
ofcsd.com
twitch.tv/ofcsd
Where good things happen..

Comments

• ThorGrimmThorGrimm Joined: Posts: 41
    Right here, yo!
    "Unyielding Resolve has no Conqueror"
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
  • MarceloAbansMarceloAbans The Fat Man Joined: Posts: 343
    Oh yeah bring your own stick, controller what have you. I have 2, 1 for each system.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    GG Everyone! Last night was fun. A good time had by all and I learned tons. Also glad everyone liked the Tritip.. Shit was great! We definately gonna do this again next week. I'll set up a day but thursday. That seemed to work for everyone. Thanks for coming out, we'll do it again..
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
  • PurrinPurrin Cat Ears! Joined: Posts: 459
    There are other players in my area finally?? Sucks I just notice this now...

I'll have to keep an eye out for the next time you host.
    Purrr....
    We are doing it next week, so hit me up on Facebook, here, or fadc.mabans@gmail.com. gonna keep this thread alive.. If you know any heads, let them know spread the word..
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    Yo Purrin! It was sick last night! I think we're gonna try and make this a weekly thing hopefully starting with next Tuesday or Thursday. Cruise out, it's good fun!
  • psychedelicbeatpsychedelicbeat aka The Blacksmith Joined: Posts: 445
    f'ing IN for next time. i live off el camino real and the 76. been looking for some gatherings in north county for a minute. i seriously want to see north county get put on the map. tuesdays or wednesdays sound legit
    I personally say tuesday and wednesday but that's me.. I'm always wanting to play and improve. Want actually some SSFIV action too. lol Need to try to see what we can do to play outside all that space.. lol
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    If we do Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays, I can DEFINITELY do Tuesdays.
    Again this is impromptu, bored nothing going on hit me up! Having some people over. (760) 650-2869 ask for Marcelo. Get HYPE!
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    Good games last night.. So here we get together this Thursday for sure! Will send out an email tomorrow to RSVP
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    OK we are doing it again this Tuesday! Information Above. I actually may edit 1st post to show the latest information about the next get together.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    sweet.
    Hey Marcelo, can I get a PM with the address? Also, the date in the first post is Feb 1st. Guessing it's suppose to be March 1st.
    Purrr....
  • IceTrapIceTrap Joined: Posts: 324
    Could I get a PM with the address please! I have a few friends that also might come with me. Sent you a FB request as well.

Purrin!!!!!!!!!!!! that is all.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.
    You should KNOW how to fight the character and LEARN how to fight the player - me
    Hey Marcelo, can I get a PM with the address? Also, the date in the first post is Feb 1st. Guessing it's suppose to be March 1st.
    Could I get a PM with the address please! I have a few friends that also might come with me. Sent you a FB request as well.

Purrin!!!!!!!!!!!! that is all.

Sending out all the information via FB, PM, and email in a few minutes.. Trying to see how many people gonna show out ot make sure we can have enough stations, right now we have 2.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    Just making sure going pasta tomorrow, anyone allergic to anything? lol
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    you're very generous! pasta is bomb diggity. ill give you a ring tomorrow in the afternoon just to see whats good
  • smooth assassinsmooth assassin Exellence in a Jar! Joined: Posts: 2,008
    yo what games do you guys play? i live in escondido.
    Hello my name is Edgar and im a marvelholic.
    Casual Cartel - "We aren't random, We Improvise!"
    Playing Mvc3 online is like trying to jack off with your left hand. In your head you know what you want to do but it never comes out like you want it to and you feel like you've just been molested.
    We are playing MvC3 & SSFIV. If you have another game you wanna put us on to by all means. On my PS3 I have SSF2T HD Remix and MvC2.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    i mainly play mvc2 and 3 even though i hate 3 with all my might but im trying to play it, i do play ssf4 a little. what time do you guys get together to play? i get off work around 6 pm.
    Playing Mvc3 online is like trying to jack off with your left hand. In your head you know what you want to do but it never comes out like you want it to and you feel like you've just been molested.
  • unprotectedSEXunprotectedSEX [S.H.] Joined: Posts: 3,690
    ill add this thread to the where and when you play front page in the other sd thread
    "I dunno, lots of politics. But I don't trust that UnprotectedSex guy, he's the ranbat kingpin of SD, and power corrupts absolutely. Plus he's flagrantly practicing unprotected sex! Unprotected sex should be a lapse of judgement that occurs in the heat of the moment. shouldn't be anyone's creedo,.. that's just needlessly reckless."
    i mainly play mvc2 and 3 even though i hate 3 with all my might but im trying to play it, i do play ssf4 a little. what time do you guys get together to play? i get off work around 6 pm.

Tomorrow we are getting together @ 7. The night will most likely be filled with a WHOLE lot of MvC3 action. If you want hit me up via PM and I'll send you the info.
    ill add this thread to the where and when you play front page in the other sd thread
    Thanks appreciate it.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    yo i tried sending yo a pm but it says that you have chosen not to receive or are not allowed to receive pms right now. lol but send me the info and ill see if i can make it out. how many people usually show up?
    This is our 2nd time, Thorgrimm and I play more often since we know each other. We figured inviting more people would be fun, so this is the 1st time everyone is meeting. As of right now we have 5-6 people coming. I'll send you my address, my phone number in the OP..
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    Sweet! Convinced my chick to make a cake! LOL
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    Looking forward to some MVC3 with everyone tonight!
    You should KNOW how to fight the character and LEARN how to fight the player - me
    Looking forward to meeting everyone too. Should be a blast..
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    ill be there around 7:15 -7:30. ill give you a call when im near by.
    Word looking forward ot it. gonna unplug my monitor to get setup see you all there.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    That was SO MUCH FUN last night dudes!!! Good meeting y'all and GOOD GAMES! Onto next week!
    Yeah it was bad ass. Fun real arcade style with no space and 7 people just all stuffing in a room. Definitely a great time. I'll hit everyone up about next week's gathering.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    Thanks for hosting, that was a blast!!!! Looking forward to doing it again.
    Yea man, it was great. aside from you making my step son cry. THAT"S WHY YOU WERE LOCKED IN THE PARK! LOL

Hey Smooth! What kind of stick did you have in your case? Was it a Happ? Rick liked it and considering that kind of stick. He's considering buying my old PS3 black and White stick but wants a more rigid stick and you're was real.... Damn it!!

NO HOMO NO HOMO NO HOMO NO HOMO

Gotta say those like Hail Marys and shit.. Seriously though what brand.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    Thanks for having us, Marcelo. I had a good time and the cake was great!

Sorry about IceTrap and I getting carried away and taking over the mvc3 station for a good while. If that happens again just say "Can I get next?" One of us will either jump off immediately or say, "Alright, just 1 more."

Your dog is awesome.

edit: I'm not Smootassassin but I'm pretty certain his joystick was HAPP. I'm guessing his buttons were semitsu, but I never touched em to see.
    Purrr....
    Yeah his buttons are semitsu, I use them as well. Nah don't worry, they were great matches. If I can figure it out, I have a usb capture card, we'll record some matches. The Phoenix matches were good. Learned a lot.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    yo ggs last night guys. i had a great time playing a game im still iffy about. I like it sometimes but at the same time i hate its guts but im down for another session. thanks for having me over marcelo and yeah my stick has a happ arcade stick with semitsu buttons. ima practice my combos and find someone who can catch phoenix and kill her.
    thanks for the hospitality marcelo lets keep this going
    No doubt, I actually didn't get your # PM your phone.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    Posted a new day, it'll be this Thursday. I was also considering a possible Saturday session if anyone down. Make it bring your own meat and we can setup out back, fire up the grill and get our game on. If not we'll schedule something like for a nice big fat event. Anyway, post if you are down for Thursday.. Holla!

P.S. Hey Thor! You forgot your cookies, come get them or they will be EATEN! MUHAHAHAH!
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd