North San Diego County: Vista/Oceanside Area

Comments

• ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,528
    I was going to leave for Ed's place.
    Then I check website and see that the OFC is next week. :sad:

glad you checked the site but you could have come over anyway... been working on my sc5 stick (dual modding and led) and tonight was a beast..

I will hopefully have something cooler than fighting edge by next ofc...
    why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
  • Crayons760Crayons760 Joined: Posts: 166
    lol I want a count on people who showed up without checking the site. I know I almost did tonight hahah
    Oceanside Fight Club this sat... make sure you click attending event at the site....

• NewGenNewGen aka SUPERDAVE Joined: Posts: 554
    anybody wanna get together a run some casuals for umvc3?
    ofc this weekend, sign up guys!
  • j0nny DiGITALj0nny DiGITAL JZA Joined: Posts: 43
    Good shit to everyone last night at Oceanside Fight Club. It was great meeting everyone last night. Special thanks to Ed for hosting this awesome session. I'll def be coming back the next time around. Good times.
  • Gunner ThorGunner Thor Big Sexy Joined: Posts: 136
    I think I found this thread 2-3 days too late. is anybody down for some casuals this week? I live in Encinitas.
    Oceanside Fight Club this Sat... last one before EVO.

Hit up the site at www.ofcsd.com for details as usual.

Sat june 23rd, OFC, sign up at the site on the event page if you are coming!

Cool, I'll pop over for a few hours
  • OhMyDaysOhMyDays Joined: Posts: 9
    Shoutouts to the baggy full of change for second place. Shit was too hype.
    If you don't scare, I don't scare...
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,834
    ofc this weekend, sign up guys!

You missed the Fighting Edge man.
    I brought it. :sad:
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    i couldn't make it bro! i was working till 1 am! hopefully next time i wont' be so late!
    Shoutouts to the baggy full of change for second place. Shit was too hype.
    You're welcome, directly from my change tray.

It was cool to meet and play with you lads, lots of strong players in North County. I can't wait til the next one.
  • Kuya_JoeKuya_Joe AKA BlindWithOneArm Joined: Posts: 2,816
    Yo! All of you represented well!!!
    But it wasn't good enough right? Because it wasn't cleared by you lol...
    -YESMASTER...
    "She doesn't need a mouth to tell me how cute she is. "
    JDM714 epic...
    Yo! All of you represented well!!!
    yo joe, do you have any sparks on hand that i can buy off you?
    Oceanside Fight Club 1 year anniversary casuals Sat the 21st...

Wow a year went by fast...

Chilidog night, tournys, and a few raffles to celebrate. Course it will be streamed.

Ofcsd.com for details and signup.

1year.jpg

You had me at chili dogs.
    There are other places for that stuff... Not here in our regional section tho....ugh...

ummm, wow... huge turnout tonight.... 50+ players... yikes....

awesome time guys... hope yall had some good games!

• jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,834
    Accidentally went on Toll Road. :crybaby:
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    50+ wow, I think it was the chili dogs. Can't wait for the next one.
    working on MUCH larger venue for this weekend... hopefully will know thursday.

didnt get the larger venue this time around so I re-arranged things for more room and got another table.. Also going to be displaying the main screen/stream in the dining room too so more can watch (stuff will be moved... dont mind the clutter from testing tonight lol)

2012-08-18005427.jpg

2012-08-18005452.jpg

2012-08-17223519.jpg

sadly i'll have to work ot tonight an can't make it this time!
  • TenrenTenren aKa Tenren Joined: Posts: 44
    just moved out here so not sure if ill make it tonight. Look forward to getting some game in with everyone tho!
    I just played Persona 4 Arena yesterday, so much fun and it goes great with beer
  • rjtrjt San Diego FGC! Joined: Posts: 169
    keep me posted on your happenings! I would love to make it out to pendleton and play with you guys!
    Check out San Diego's non-profit, gamer-run arcade!

Photo courtesy of Cicada (@bgateb)
    OFC going Sat.

• GrabMasterFlexGrabMasterFlex Joined: Posts: 112
    Yo! I knew when I was about to leave that OFC was getting too maintstream, but hey I guess it has to grow, haha. Anyways, I've got 3 more months or so left here in Afghanistan then I can come body all you fools like the good old days. I saw Kingsley and we played some AE, so we had like the first ever Afghanistan Fight Club lmao. He'll be coming home soon though so give him a warm welcome when he does!
    I want to personally thank Ed, and everyone over at OFC for showing me great hospitality, and giving me ideas and feedback on how to help grow the FGC here in San Diego. I look forward to playing with you all, and hopefully working with you guys to make this a great place to play fighting games!

P.S. Save the Nov. 17th date, so you guys can come down to our first big tournament!

See you guys at the next one hopefully!!

For anyone on the fence about going to these events, or just hasn't made it out to one yet, I highly encourage you to do so. All the people there are friendly, easy going, helpful, and extremely welcoming. This is just a great place to play and make new friends. Check it out!

• unprotectedSEXunprotectedSEX [S.H.] Joined: Posts: 3,690
    This upcoming Tuesday at TTF is the start of the Evo. Ranbats
    Hope you guys are ready for the hype and who will be are top winners going to evo!?!?!

http://ttfcasuals.com/2012/08/26/sept-4th-t-t-f-evo-ranbat-1-1-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-t-t-f/
    "I dunno, lots of politics. But I don't trust that UnprotectedSex guy, he's the ranbat kingpin of SD, and power corrupts absolutely. Plus he's flagrantly practicing unprotected sex! Unprotected sex should be a lapse of judgement that occurs in the heat of the moment. shouldn't be anyone's creedo,.. that's just needlessly reckless."
    I want to personally thank Ed, and everyone over at OFC for showing me great hospitality, and giving me ideas and feedback on how to help grow the FGC here in San Diego. I look forward to playing with you all, and hopefully working with you guys to make this a great place to play fighting games!

P.S. Save the Nov. 17th date, so you guys can come down to our first big tournament!

See you guys at the next one hopefully!!

For anyone on the fence about going to these events, or just hasn't made it out to one yet, I highly encourage you to do so. All the people there are friendly, easy going, helpful, and extremely welcoming. This is just a great place to play and make new friends. Check it out!

hope you had a good time tonight man, wish you could have stayed longer! we had about 30 show as the night went on and was a good time! We have a great group of folks at OFC and I am happy to grow our small community to what it is now.

Next OFC will be in 2-3 weeks as usual... hope to see you again soon!

Yo! I knew when I was about to leave that OFC was getting too maintstream, but hey I guess it has to grow, haha. Anyways, I've got 3 more months or so left here in Afghanistan then I can come body all you fools like the good old days. I saw Kingsley and we played some AE, so we had like the first ever Afghanistan Fight Club lmao. He'll be coming home soon though so give him a warm welcome when he does!
    glad to know you are doing ok Willl... we will keep a seat warm for you 2!

we are still OFC... still casual... just a better setup now. ;)

get back here soon so I can play that geif of yours!

hope you had a good time tonight man, wish you could have stayed longer! we had about 30 show as the night went on and was a good time! We have a great group of folks at OFC and I am happy to grow our small community to what it is now.

I had a wonderful time, it actually was really tough to leave. If I hadn't promised to be somewhere, I would have stayed. And you're not kidding, you do have a GREAT group over there, and I hope to be part of it/help it grow soon! Thanks again!

• TwoGramsTwoGrams Joined: Posts: 33

I might be able to make it to this one.

Who's playing skullgirls when I get back? =P
    No one blocks low, no one finishes their drinks.
    XBL: A Silver Frost
    OFC Kingsley tied for 7th place, Skullgirls, SoCal Regionals 2011.
  • unprotectedSEXunprotectedSEX [S.H.] Joined: Posts: 3,690
    Tomorrow, Friday, is the start of the T.T.F. Evo. Ranbats for AE and there will be set ups for casuals. We only need 2-3 stations for tourney.
    Doors open @ 7:30pm
    Tourney sign ups @ 7:30pm- 9:00pm
    Tourney starts @ 9:00pm
    Doors close @ 3:00am
    Tourney fee is $10.00 and that has the house fee in it.
    If your there just for casuals it is $3.00 and if you bring a set up its $2.00.

I can provide 1 asus, 2 xboxs, 1 ps3, and 6 crts.
    Set ups always needed.

All the info/tourney rules link below:
    T.T.F. Evo. Ranbat 1.1: Super Street Fighter IV AE @ T.T.F.

New Rules at T.T.F. enforced starting tomorrow
    no one is allowed in the house no more, no one, only my roommates and myself.
    the bathroom that is in the living room right by where you enter through the back door is now working so that will be used for the bathroom.
    i will have a cooler for the soda i sell outside now to where i sit.
    all trash in the trash can and all recyclables in the recyclable area
    its not much to ask for
    if i find or have to pick up cigarette butts, boxes, bottles, fast food wrappings imma have to raise the admission $0.50 every time.

hope to see you all tomorrow for the tourney and casuals.

6532 Hyman Pl
    San Diego CA
    "I dunno, lots of politics. But I don't trust that UnprotectedSex guy, he's the ranbat kingpin of SD, and power corrupts absolutely. Plus he's flagrantly practicing unprotected sex! Unprotected sex should be a lapse of judgement that occurs in the heat of the moment. shouldn't be anyone's creedo,.. that's just needlessly reckless."
    Understand your enthusiasm, but please keep to your own thread as this is just for OFC in oceanside.

bump for a great scene.

also ed, if you could email me sandiegofgc at gmail.com, I need to get in contact with J& J for our Nov event, I messaged them with no reply, figured you would have a better contact!

Next OFC is Oct 13th and we have an EPIC new venue! Not taking place at my house now... we have an entire floor of an office building thanks to 2 of our regulars... seriously this is so amazing... I dunno how we got so lucky!

More details to be posted soon.