Need a Modder in Your Area? Check This Post.

2»

Comments

• Suiken!!Suiken!! [Socal Tekken] Joined: Posts: 162
    edited October 2014
    (Taken from HERE)

So I was reading the Think Aloud, and people were talking about how to inform people of their services. Not to mention you always see threads of "I need a modder" posted here and there. I figured a really easy way would be a thread for people to look at a quick glance and to see what modders are in their state.

Not everyone likes the idea of shipping their stick across the country to have some guy tinker with it, so why not deal with some one you can shake hands with?

So, take a look at the list. If they are in your state, click on their name and it will take you to their post where they also list their modding knowledge.

I am in no way liable if a modder can not preform the service he/she offers. This is simply a list for people to find who is close to them saying they(the modder) can do the work.

If you would like to be added, respond with your State/Providence/Territory/etc. (Please, if outside of the US, include your country), County/Town, and your modding abilities. A link to your trading thread with feedback would also be beneficial. (If you have one.)

With this stated! If you are a modder with out feedback, start up a thread for your services. Then have SRK members post and give you feedback after doing work for them. This will help foster a community of trusted modders that people can turn to in any area if they need help.

(I do not include myself in this list, because I do not find the time to mod sticks for others. However, if your stick has been modded but isn't working, I am solid at troubleshooting. I reside in South Jersey, Camden County.)

Any feedback would be great, so let me have it. :china:

USA
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    MightyMackinac - Anchorage
    • Arizona
    FrankCastleAZ - Tempe
    • Arkansas
    afierymisfit - Little Rock
    • California
    RoyalFlushTZ - Canyon Country
    kylednotm - Davis/Sacramento
    Kuya_Joe - Fullerton/Los Angeles
    |Galen| - Inland Empire
    Ouroborus - San Francisco
    BartStation - San Francisco/East Bay
    jjordona - Vacaville
    jdm714 - Westminster/Orange County
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    CanadianDstryr - Central FL (Near Orlando)
    destinydmm - Central FL
    Spektrum - North Flordia
    Soul of Ignorance - Tallahassee
    Sly_Guy - Valrico
    • Georgia
    osiriskidd - Atlanta
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    Dannkk - Chicago
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    Dracula X - Des Moines
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maine
    • Maryland
    Darksakul -Reisterstown
    spenzalii - Washington DC
    • Massachusetts
    blueNINE - Amherst
    • Michigan
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    Vicko - Las Vegas
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    AlbinoD90 - Somerset
    • New Mexico
    Ver314 - Albuquerque
    • New York
    hakdizzle - New York City - Brooklyn
    networkingyuppy - New York City
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Ohio
    ComradeTao - Cleveland
    godspu - Cleveland
    • Oklahoma
    • Oregon
    EdgeKun - Beaverton
    GLORYBE26OD - Portland
    • Pennsylvania
    PaperTigre - Philadelphia/Glenside
    • Puerto Rico
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    DaRabidDuckie - Austin
    DanAdamKOF - Dallas
    Kleners - Fort Worth
    pkrstdnt - Fort Worth
    Half-Ro - Irving
    • Utah
    alpharudy - Salt Lake City
    Lemony Vengeance - Salt Lake City
    • Vermont
    • Virginia
    Strogg - Reston
    Gummo - Virginia Beach
    • Virgin Islands
    • Washington
    kasprfoto - Auburn/Seattle
    • West Virginia
    • Wisconsin
    • Wyoming
    Canada
    • Alberta
    majinmajor - Calgary
    • British Columbia
    ID01 - Vancouver
    • Ontario
    Jamin3131 - Toronto
    chowwun - Toronto - Markham
    mr. mortified - Toronto - Markham
    FreezerB - Ottawa
    • Quebec
    FreedomGundam - Montreal

France
    • Lyon

Ireland
    • Dublin
    Italy
    • Aviano

Norway

Perú
    Philippines
    • Manila/NCR
    D3v
    Serbia
    • N/A

UK
    • London

Post edited by Tim Static on
    ·
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭
    ^ did he bore out the metal with a dremel or something for the top of the crown to fit?
    ·
  • Call2ArmsCall2Arms Now officially known as "Quinto." Joined: Posts: 121
    He does it with a sheet metal bit. Correct size too, for a nice fit.
    Badurka Garage!!!
    ·
  • KSTKST Joined: Posts: 222
    Any other modders in So Cal? Seems like jdm714 has been MIA for a few months now.
    "What can be better in life than a 64 oz of Pepsi, and a piece of pizza, and all the video games you can play." -Southern Hills Golfland 4 Life
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,766 mod
    @KST said:
    Any other modders in So Cal? Seems like jdm714 has been MIA for a few months now.
    He's around. I just talked to him the other day.

Hey, @networkingyuppy, could you move me from Mississippi to Austin, TX? I'm moving there next week.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
    jdm714 MIA status.
    "What can be better in life than a 64 oz of Pepsi, and a piece of pizza, and all the video games you can play." -Southern Hills Golfland 4 Life
    ·
  • destinydmmdestinydmm Stay salty my friends!!! Joined: Posts: 165
    I'm in Orlando/Kissimmee/Davenport/Poinciana Area

Email:  Stiqenvy11@gmail.com
    Twitter: @StiqEnvy11
    Facebook: StiqEnvy11

Will also ship anywhere in USA.  Can also mod (dual mods, basic part replacement, custom artwork) sticks as well.  Anything else you need just ask.  All social sites will be updated within the next week or two.  As we will be stocking up for inventory.  Also look for specials with Orlando major tourney coming up - CEO 2013!!!
    ·
  • Blood...DarknessBlood...Darkness Joined: Posts: 323
    Any active modders still checking this thread? I'm interested in having a wireless dual mod with LED balltop installed in a custom case I have. If anyone is interested in the job, PM me please.
    ·
  • TobalmanTobalman Joined: Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    I just want to say the link to Akka in New Mexico doesn't exist. Can someone please share his updated contact info? (I am looking for a modder in New Mexico, so if that's you, please holler). Thanks.
    Post edited by Tobalman on
    ·
  • jr85jr85 Joined: Posts: 18
    Are there any modders in california still around? I haven't been able to get a hold of jdm 714 so i have nobody to do my mods anymore.
    ·
  • SGT_slap_a_hoeSGT_slap_a_hoe Joined: Posts: 338
    anyone in the Sacramento, roseville, citrus heights, area that mods? I need my ps360+ rewired as soon as possible. lmk thanks
    ·
  • sushikidsushikid Joined: Posts: 15
    Any modders in East Bay area (norcal)? I want to mod my ps3 stick.
    ·
  • Interstellar OwlInterstellar Owl Joined: Posts: 14
    Anyone in the NJ area? I'd like to dual mod my stick.
    ·
  • ELBDBELBDB Joined: Posts: 3
    Any Modders in Miami FL area? i'd like to dual mod my xbox 360 stick
    ·
  • Luna_PostLuna_Post Joined: Posts: 92
    edited July 2013
    LF someone who can cut plexi in NYC
    Post edited by Luna_Post on
    ·
  • SneakysuperjohnSneakysuperjohn Joined: Posts: 6
    i live in Sac but not ps3
    UMVC3
    Chun/Nova/Strider
    Jill/Joe/Strider
    Viper/Modok/Strange
    ·
  • PinoyPrydePinoyPryde Student of SRK Tech Talk Joined: Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Is there any modder who can hollow out an LS-56 shaft to fit an LED?
    arcadestatic.wordpress.com/ - Logs of current projects and other fun stuff.

Current Projects: Suzo-Happ/IL custom shafts, Sanwa RG compatible PS-14-KN plungers, Replication OBS-A Assemblies for Seimitsu Large Switch Buttons

Your thundering sound become the flash of light that pierces soul of crowd,
    get the whole world into the voltex...
    and from the voltex void, a person who could bring rise to a new light was born,
    cries of thunder and leads a lot of people ・・・
    ·
  • kigconkerkigconker Joined: Posts: 5
    I can do wood work, and have a history in prop making and custom art. I can work with any sort of request so anyone in the Midwest (Michigan Ohio Indiana) wants a stick pm me or email me at conkerthemsr@gmail.com
    Here's my project page, kind of barren huh?
    ·
  • hakdizzlehakdizzle FingerCramp.com Joined: Posts: 933
    edited November 2013
    If your looking into Putting an Xbox One Controller in your stick, Get in touch. Doing Pad Hacks. NY only for installs. Will shipped Hacked pads.
    Post edited by hakdizzle on
    FINGERCRAMP.COM IS HERE!!!!

We love games.....
    ·
  • ShigegakiShigegaki じゅりさんが Joined: Posts: 177
    Looking for a So Cal modder hopefully in San Diego, that can dual mod my PS3 fightstick to work on a 360 as well please. Please PM me!
    SSFIVAE2012: Ryu / Gen
    ·
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    Just realized there's 2 threads for this. One in TT and one in trading outlet. Oh well, add me to this list too please-

Arizona - Phoenix - FrankCastleAZ

Please provide link HERE (click)
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Self proclaimed biggest Madcatz TE1 fanboy of all time
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    ·
  • innovasianinnovasian Joined: Posts: 18
    Looking for a modder from San Diego that knows how to install LEDs into my Sanwa clear buttons and an LED to light up my Seimitsu LS-58 joystick if possible, thanks!
    gamertag & psn: batsman21
    steam ID: innovasian
    nintendo 3DS friend code: 0877-1508-2467
    ·
    Any good modders in So Cal/OC area that's active and not MIA?
    ·
  • KindafreshKindafresh Feel the love of the Hyper Combo! Joined: Posts: 391
    Any modders going to Curleh Norcal
    psn: kindafresh
    xbl: otg kindafresh
    nintendo network: chickenandwaffle

·
  • VothsairVothsair Joined: Posts: 174
    Possible to mod a stick for PS3 PS4 Xbox Xbox1?
    ·
  • PinoyPrydePinoyPryde Student of SRK Tech Talk Joined: Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Vothsair wrote: »
    Possible to mod a stick for PS3 PS4 Xbox Xbox1?

Xbox 360? Yes it is very much possible but with all those consoles it always makes me wonder if the buyer is actually going to play on all those consoles, especially since there is a lack of FGs on PS4 and XBOX1 with the exception of KI (well i guess FGs aren't the only thing you can play, but there still is a lapse of those games).

Still its a bit of a pain but its doable.
    arcadestatic.wordpress.com/ - Logs of current projects and other fun stuff.

Current Projects: Suzo-Happ/IL custom shafts, Sanwa RG compatible PS-14-KN plungers, Replication OBS-A Assemblies for Seimitsu Large Switch Buttons

Your thundering sound become the flash of light that pierces soul of crowd,
    get the whole world into the voltex...
    and from the voltex void, a person who could bring rise to a new light was born,
    cries of thunder and leads a lot of people ・・・
    ·
  • Gatack91Gatack91 Joined: Posts: 4
    Any modders in or near Sheffield, UK?

Ive just bought a Round 2 TE off Zavvi.com, however it was listed as a 'Grade A refurb' and i have no idea as to what extent they've refurbished it. So a complete replacement of buttons and dual mod might be needed in the near future

Also, way back i sold my original TE on the old neoempire forums and later the buyer tried to accuse me of removing the sanwa buttons as he found they werent sanwa. We sorted it out eventually as i proved i hadnt. I bought it from GAME brand new at release and definitely never opened up the stick, nor would i know how. Anyone ever hear of this happening on madcatz sticks from factory?
    ·
  • KindafreshKindafresh Feel the love of the Hyper Combo! Joined: Posts: 391
    Modders near Fresno Cali?
    psn: kindafresh
    xbl: otg kindafresh
    nintendo network: chickenandwaffle

·
  • fallinddfallindd Joined: Posts: 3
    ******************************************Hello people I am in need of a PS3 Modder ASAP in the King, Thurston, or Pierce County areas. I live on Fort Lewis and will travel to you. Please respond to me by text message (faster) 773 512 4249 or fallindd@aol.com. Thank you *****************************************************
    ·
  • ViscericVisceric Joined: Posts: 6
    Hello, all! Desperately searching for a local modder in the Oakland/Greater San Francisco Bay Area that can dual mod my Qanba Q1 PS3/PC to be playable on the xbox360. Please let me know, I check my messages twice a day :)
    ·
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm available to do mods/troubleshooting/repairs in Columbus OH (currently excluding Xbone and PS4). I can do pcb installs, dual mods, USB replacement, microswitch replacement, part swaps, DB15 or DB25 jack installs, USB or RJ45 pass through jack installs, etc. PM me with questions about what you want/need.
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 26,866 mod
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • DirtyBlackSocksDirtyBlackSocks Joined: Posts: 4
    Pretty sure it's been mentioned, but every single link in the OP is dead or broken.
    ·
2»