Official 'Kitty' class boards thread

Comments

• SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,282 ✭✭
    Does TE kitty work for the SFxT Pro stick? If not, what is best for it
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭
    Does TE kitty work for the SFxT Pro stick? If not, what is best for it

Yes, but it is not a simple install due to the unfortunate design of the Strekken stick.
    ·
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,282 ✭✭
    Yeah the guts look pretty compact. Wondering what's the best to use for space efficiency. I don't really want to solder much though.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
  • manoftheleafmanoftheleaf Tech Hit Tournament Series! Joined: Posts: 544
    Start with updating the firmware by plugging it in with Guide held down. If the bootloader and firmware update dont seem to work, try on another PC first, and if it still fails, open up the stick, remove the original TE board entirely and all ribbons from the Kitty except for the H, R, and V ribbons that go to the LED board and the outgoing USB cable in the OUT section of the board, and try the firmware update again.

Drivers fail to load using all these methods and on different PC's.
    No my tag is not a NARUTO reference! Its my last name translated from Hawaiian to English!
    ·
  • roxashd9999roxashd9999 FOOOOD!!! Joined: Posts: 59
    Just trying to get it to work on my original xbox. Works fine on ps3 and 360 but when I try to use it on my original xbox it does nothing. I just updated it to the latest firmware and all went smooth. Does it auto detect or do I need to press or hold something? Thanks
    ·
  • kaerukaeru Fuu Rin Ka Zan !! Joined: Posts: 33
    Hi Toodles, i am doing a kitty mod for a customer with a VS Stick and i've run into some trouble. The Right Trigger (3K) button does not function at all and the Left Bumper (4P) button works, but the LED in the turbo panel does not light up. I see that this problem has come up a few times in the forum and i've tried the solutions that you suggested. I removed the Z1 diode and i've also removed the R32 and R33 resistors and shorting their contacts in hopes of making a difference but nothing has changed the behavior of the buttons malfunctioning. I've plugged the original TE PCB back in and the buttons function as normal. It seems similar to a problem that i ran into with Air0087 whom i directed to come see you directly to get a fix. You sent him a replacement cable and his problem got resolved, however he had a 1.3 Kitty board i believe, with screw downs. This one is definitely the 1.4 with push pins. I have some pictures but i won't bother posting them if it isnt useful. Are there any tests you would like me to do to help get the light and buttons working properly? Thanks in advance.

kaeru
    ·
  • Donovan GuilfoyleDonovan Guilfoyle aka dondon4720 Joined: Posts: 74
    i am going to be getting a te kitty for my soul caliber V fightstick. on the soul caliber fightstick the buttons are mapped differently will this affect the button mapping on the other consoles?

the button mapping goes
    X Y B LB
    A LT RT RB

thanks
    ·
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    doesn't matter
    ·
    Anyone know about the auto detect for original xbox?
    ·
    i dont think detection would be an issue since you need a cable specifically for it
    ·
    I've made the cable and even used it on xbox 1 once but after I used it on ps3 it wont work on xbox 1
    ·
    check the cable at the side that goes in the neutrik; you may have pulled off the end. Or, use a meter and test all columns from end to end on the kitty to the end of the plug for xbox to make sure there's continuity
    ·
  • ToodlesToodles da Fetus of Gawd! Joined: Posts: 10,777
    Drivers fail to load using all these methods and on different PC's.
    So the only thing connected to the Kitty is the H, R, V ribbons and the USB wires in the OUT section of terminals? Redo the four USB wires and try again, post up what you experience. Make sure when forcing bootloader mode to run the Kitty bootloader program, even if you think the drivers didnt load.
    Just trying to get it to work on my original xbox. Works fine on ps3 and 360 but when I try to use it on my original xbox it does nothing. I just updated it to the latest firmware and all went smooth. Does it auto detect or do I need to press or hold something? Thanks
    Definitely a cable problem. The Xbox1 detection is crazy solid.
    ·
  • kaerukaeru Fuu Rin Ka Zan !! Joined: Posts: 33
    Hi Toodles, i am doing a kitty mod for a customer with a VS Stick and i've run into some trouble. The Right Trigger (3K) button does not function at all and the Left Bumper (4P) button works, but the LED in the turbo panel does not light up. I see that this problem has come up a few times in the forum and i've tried the solutions that you suggested. I removed the Z1 diode and i've also removed the R32 and R33 resistors and shorting their contacts in hopes of making a difference but nothing has changed the behavior of the buttons malfunctioning. I've plugged the original TE PCB back in and the buttons function as normal. It seems similar to a problem that i ran into with Air0087 whom i directed to come see you directly to get a fix. You sent him a replacement cable and his problem got resolved, however he had a 1.3 Kitty board i believe, with screw downs. This one is definitely the 1.4 with push pins. I have some pictures but i won't bother posting them if it isnt useful. Are there any tests you would like me to do to help get the light and buttons working properly? Thanks in advance.

kaeru

Toodles, anything i can try regarding this problem? i cannot get the button or LED to work, reassembling the VS stick the original way lets all the buttons work normally.
    ·
  • alphakennyalphakenny Joined: Posts: 62
    Hey Toodles, can we get an ETA on TE Kitty restock?
    ·
  • LeprekaunLeprekaun Joined: Posts: 82
    Hi all. I'm in the process of trying to build a home arcade system. My problem is that most Superguns are really expensive but Vogatek ones are reasonable. The only issue with the Vogatek is that it only supports Neo Geo joysticks. I can get the Neo Geo extension cord but I was just wondering, would it be possible to connect it to a TE Kitty through the Neutrik RJ45 jack? There isn't any mention of it in the TE Kitty User Guide so I don't know anything about it but if it is possible, it would make my life a lot easier and make finances a lot more manageable. Thanks.
    ·
    I can get the Neo Geo extension cord but I was just wondering, would it be possible to connect it to a TE Kitty through the Neutrik RJ45 jack?

No.

Neo-geo cables are not compatible with RJ45. You would need a jack that has a higher number of lines, like a 15pin d-sub.

Better off going with some kind of Cthulhu board, tbh.
    ·
  • BraintrashBraintrash Joined: Posts: 41
    Hey,

I was wondering about the Gmaecube / Wii / Wii U.

It's too early to tell about Wii U, but about Wii, which has got a USB port, would it be possible to use the VLX Kitty?
    ·
    It's too early to tell about Wii U, but about Wii, which has got a USB port, would it be possible to use the VLX Kitty?

For Wii use the Gamecube port.
    ·
  • LeprekaunLeprekaun Joined: Posts: 82
    Anyone have any experience of using a PSX/PS2 -> Neo Geo converter? Is it lagless? The reason I ask is because I want to get a Vogatek Supergun but it only supports Neo Geo controllers. I have already created a PS2 - RJ45 connected to the Kitty board cable to use with my PS2 and it works perfectly so I was thinking of using that cable, plugging it in a PSX/PS2 -> Neo Geo converter and then connect that to the Vogatek Supergun

This is the converter I was thinking of getting: http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=50
    ·
    For Wii use the Gamecube port.

Yeah, but no way I dig a RJ45 port on my VLX.
    Thanks anyway.
    ·
    Yeah, but no way I dig a RJ45 port on my VLX.
    Thanks anyway.

It's the only way that is going to happen without using some other adapter, dude.

You cannot use a Kitty or MC Cthulhu on a Wii using a USB jack.
    ·
    That's what I feared, but I mainly wanted the VLX for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and only for this one.

So my options remain to be:

1. I find an adapter for USB pads to Gamecube (or even better: for Wii U USB)

2. I take the arcade version and play it on my cabinet and get rid of the Wii version.

In both case, no harm done, especially since it's for only one game on one machine, which is not that exclusive since there is an arcade version. ^^

Thank you very much for your precious insight, Garhling. :-)
    ·
    It is very easy to fit a Neutrik NE8FDP-B jack on a VLX, and can be done so discreetly if mounting inside the cable bay. It is the simplest way to unlock the true powers of the Kitty.

I'm not sure if there are any PS3 / 360 adapters for the Wii, but if there is then I'm not sure how it would get past the Kitty's auto-detect. Unless you could force PS3 mode (the generic code for a USB device) and run an adapter through it like that.
    ·
    My VLX is too much my baby to think to modify it by cutting stuff. Even if it is hidden, as Steve Jobs said : "I'll see it". ;-)

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be any USB adapter for the Wii, so question solved for me, I will go for the arcade version.
    ·
    you dont even need a neutrik, you can unplug the usb and make your own ethernet passthru without cutting or destroying anything, you'll just have an ugly "dongle" sticking through the slot
    ·
    Now, that's golden!
    Shame on me for not thinking about it...
    Thank you very much for this brilliant suggestion! :-)
    ·
  • manoftheleafmanoftheleaf Tech Hit Tournament Series! Joined: Posts: 544
    So the only thing connected to the Kitty is the H, R, V ribbons and the USB wires in the OUT section of terminals? Redo the four USB wires and try again, post up what you experience. Make sure when forcing bootloader mode to run the Kitty bootloader program, even if you think the drivers didnt load.

When I tell it to go into bootloader mode it comes up as Unknown device and doesn't work properly. If I just straight plug it in without the Xbox 360 stick plugged in then it comes up as Kitty. When I wire it up correctly it shows up as a "Usb device error". I've given up on it already though switched it back to a regular Xbox 360 stick. I have two Kitty boards that aren't working right. I don't feel like throwing them away though. Toodles, is it alright if I sent them back to you, considering if you can salvage or tear them down for parts. If you don't want them then I'm ready to give them away to people since there's nothing I can do with them.

I'm gonna be in the market to pick up another Kitty board from you though.
    No my tag is not a NARUTO reference! Its my last name translated from Hawaiian to English!
    ·
  • xenoannalsxenoannals Joined: Posts: 7
    And let's get this started....

'Kitty' reffers to a new class of boards. The other boards I've made were made to be as usable in as many places as possible; Cthulhus, Imps, and FGW LED Controllers have been installed in all sorts of different sticks with great results. The Kitty boards represent a very different viewpoint. Instead of trying to make a single board that can be used in a wide variety of situations, these will be made to be installed in very specific sticks.

Goals:
    1. Make installation as easy as possible in the specific Xbox360 arcade stick.
    2. Make use of all of the features available in the stick as if the Kitty was part of the original design.
    3. Add as much awesome as is physically possible.

As of this writing, boards and kits are ready to go for the first two products in the Kitty line: 'TE Kitty' and 'VLX Kitty'. These are made specifically for the MadCatz Tournament Edition FightSticks, and Hori VLX stick. I'm still in the middle of writing the normal documentation, but I welcome early adopters. Feel free to send a PM if you're willing to get your hands dirty with a new toy.

Most recent firmwares will always be available at these URLs:
    VLX Kitty firmware: http://www.godlikecontrols.com/download/kitty/vlxkitty.zip
    TE Kitty firmware: http://www.godlikecontrols.com/download/kitty/tekitty.zip

How to order:
    Easiest way is through the Paypal checkout page I've setup:
    http://www.godlikecontrols.com/order.html
    execuse me~ I have a question to ask.
    could you tell me if this VLX kitty can be used in a PS3 VLX please? I bought a vlx yesterday but it's a PS3 one and I have no PS3
    ths~
    ·
    Nope. The VLX Kitty only works for the Xbox 360 version, as far as I know.
    But you may try some other boards, like the PS360 board you can buy from http://akishop-customs.com/PS360Plus.html
    ·
  • xenoannalsxenoannals Joined: Posts: 7
    Nope. The VLX Kitty only works for the Xbox 360 version, as far as I know.
    But you may try some other boards, like the PS360 board you can buy from http://akishop-customs.com/PS360Plus.html
    Thank U very much man~
    ·
  • RenzokuFCRenzokuFC Joined: Posts: 69
    Hi Toodles, I have a TE-S with a Kitty installed and in PS3 mode some LEDs from the turbo panel don't light up when I press the corresponding button. Its fairly random because it doesn't happen every time I plug the controller and it's not the same LED everytime it happens. On Xbox mode I tested the LEDs and they work as they should.

The mod works like wonders with no problems at all, and at most I call this a nuisance, but if there's a way to fix it I want to do it.

Thanks in advance!
    ·
  • gbobmangbobman Misc. G Joined: Posts: 16
    Are they not lighting up or just really dim? Try in a darkened room.
    Do you also have any other mods installed? Did you try the TSing steps on the forst page?

Glad there is a community here to help, BTW. It seems as if Toodles has lost the urge for this product lately. :( Hope you feel better man.
    ·
  • RenzokuFCRenzokuFC Joined: Posts: 69
    Thanks for the answer, but nah, they are not really lighting up, and thats the only mod inside my stick.
    It's a dumb question, but what is "TSing"?
    ·
  • gbobmangbobman Misc. G Joined: Posts: 16
    Sorry. Too long in IT...
    TSing is just troubleshooting.
    ·
  • RynoWRynoW Joined: Posts: 20
    Any chance a firmware update could bring Wii U support, or is it impossible?
    ·
    That would rock.
    ·
  • iMaGeiMaGe image is everything Joined: Posts: 125
    Toodles, ,

So I think something on one of my TE Kitty broke, namely the handoff to the Xbox TE board. It used to be working before on my XBOX 360, but last week the stick would stop working mid-game, and it took removing the power cord from the xbox to get it working again. Today it just doesn't work at all. Using a multimeter, I checked the connections to the TE board to Kitty Terminal (ok) and Kitty Terminal to USB head where you plug into your Xbox (also ok).

I forced XBOX mode (RS + Turbo), plugged it into my PC and tested if the handoff by testing continuity between the TE Board pins on the Kitty terminal to the USB out pins on the Kitty terminal. I found that the V (red wire) signal was not being relayed. To do a sanity check, I did the same test on a working TE Kitty joystick and the V signal was being relayed whenever I forced Xbox mode. Reapplying the firmware update didn't help. Switching TE Boards with the working joystick also didn't work.

Need to know next steps in my diagnostic before I chalk this one up to a loss and return the Kitty to you.
    ·
  • VietexanVietexan The Proctor Joined: Posts: 403
    Hi toodles, i installed a TEkitty into my rd1 TE and it worked like a charm until recently. It no longer auto-detects my xbox360 and i have to manually flip the switch to rs and hold turbo down before plugging it in for my xbox to recognize it. Any idea what may be wrong?
    "Physics is like sex; sure it has practical applications, but that's not why we do it."-Feynman
    ·
  • TrippfanTrippfan That Bob Ross Guy... Joined: Posts: 990
    Any chance a firmware update could bring Wii U support, or is it impossible?
    This is a good question. I would hate to have to buy another stick just for my Wii-U. My VLX works for all my consoles but this one.
    ST: Claw, Dictator, SSFIV AE: Cammy/Vega, KOF XIII: Clark, Mai, Iori, TTT2: Anna/Kunimitsu
    "I laid my offering down at the alter of low forward and my prayers were answered by the god of HP Rekkas x3 blessed be da dizzy." -Corrosion
    ·
  • Joseph DunnJoseph Dunn Joined: Posts: 12
    Hey toodles I'm starting to have some issues with Kitty in V.S.. Whats going on is about after 10 minutes of usage it'll have a sticky button whenever i press down. It'll hit medium punch about every other input for it. I've tried a new cable for the cat-5 jack and even reconnected my buttons. Still having some issues though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ·
    This is a good question. I would hate to have to buy another stick just for my Wii-U. My VLX works for all my consoles but this one.
    you could wire in a piiwii and use a 2nd cable to connect to a wiimote
    ·
  • CalicoCalico Joined: Posts: 90
    Er help what is wrong!?

When I plug my stick in all the turbo lights + xbox ring lights up, but the stick isn't recognized or doing anything. Checked all connections, seems ok.

Its been working for months before that, dunno why it suddenly stopped >.<
    ·
    bad usb cable/grounding
    ·
    bad usb cable/grounding

Ah thanks! how do I fix it? I've check the USB connections to the board they seem ok... no kinks in the wire either.
    ·
    the cable must be bad
    ·
    the cable must be bad

Hmmm OK i'll cannibalise a USB cable from another controller.
    ·
  • MizukiTHPSMizukiTHPS Nyan! Joined: Posts: 169
    Any idea when a restock of the TE-Kitty will happen? I used one of these on one of my other sticks and loved it, and was looking to do it for my new stick.
    ·
    the cable must be bad

Hey sorry to keep bugging you, but your the only one who replied! :P

I replaced the cable, I even rewired it so it was back to using just the xbox 360 board and not going though the Kitty anymore.

Still all lights on, no inputs coming out. I guess its a problem with the original 360 board? T_T
    ·
    Hey sorry to keep bugging you, but your the only one who replied! :P

I replaced the cable, I even rewired it so it was back to using just the xbox 360 board and not going though the Kitty anymore.

Still all lights on, no inputs coming out. I guess its a problem with the original 360 board? T_T
    possibly, have you tested on a pc or only 360? you get a player LED on 360 but nothing works? are your grounds connected on your joystick/buttons?
    ·