Official 'Kitty' class boards thread

Comments

• MazinkaiserMazinkaiser Debiru Mashin Joined: Posts: 100
    Hey guys, suddenly my stick with a gorgeous Kitty pcb installed give me a problem, randomly the console said it's disconnected and I have to unplub and plug in again the USB cable in the hole :\ seems not a problem of the console of the usb port because only my stick have this problem in our local scene and on different console. What this could be? Thanks for any info.
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,344
    Hey guys, suddenly my stick with a gorgeous Kitty pcb installed give me a problem, randomly the console said it's disconnected and I have to unplub and plug in again the USB cable in the hole :\ seems not a problem of the console of the usb port because only my stick have this problem in our local scene and on different console. What this could be? Thanks for any info.

More than likely it's your USB cable. Try a different cable.

• SuperGreekFighterSuperGreekFighter Joined: Posts: 44
    Is there a way with TE-Kitty that I have installed, to force it in xbox mode when I use a pc???
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,473
    Is there a way with TE-Kitty that I have installed, to force it in xbox mode when I use a pc???
    Yes, its the same way you would with a Chimp board, I forgot if its all kick 1, 2 and 3 or what is it now.

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Yes, its the same way you would with a Chimp board, I forgot if its all kick 1, 2 and 3 or what is it now.
    No, you slide the switch to RS and hold Back/turbo on plug in.
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    I not home at the moment or I would try it with my stick that has a TE Kitty
    It's in the PDF
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    b582dff0410db9f9.jpg
  • TODLastKnownSurvivorTODLastKnownSurvivor Joined: Posts: 3
    I just completed making my Saturn to rj45 cable. However, when I go to connect it, I get no control and 3 out of 4 arcs light up on the my guide button. Does anyone know what this means? I would greatly appreciate any advice.
    Test wires all the way through with multimeter, and make sure you didn't put them on backwards by mistake. I do that all the time lol.

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • Junsuina ChikaraJunsuina Chikara Joined: Posts: 12
    I need to get a new Fightstick as my current TE Round 1 isn't in great shape. I wanted to know is the TE Kitty compatible with the Mad Catz Arcade FightStick PRO? I really need the fightstick to be dual-modded. Thanks

Fightstick here: http://store.gameshark.net/Mad_Catz_Arcade_FightStick_PRO_for_Xbox_360/5622/97
    Yes, it is.
    you need to modify the case (AKA break some plastic), but it's not that hard. read the PDF for more info.

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    I need to get a new Fightstick as my current TE Round 1 isn't in great shape. I wanted to know is the TE Kitty compatible with the Mad Catz Arcade FightStick PRO? I really need the fightstick to be dual-modded. Thanks

Yes, but it would help an Hell of a lot if you got the VS harness adapter as well as you simply won't be able to plug it into a PRO pcb like you can with your current PCB.

http://www.godlikecontrols.com/
  • Junsuina ChikaraJunsuina Chikara Joined: Posts: 12
    Thanks so I can use Toodles TE-S instructions?
  • gbobmangbobman Misc. G Joined: Posts: 16
    Wow. Kittys are back in stock on the web store, it appears.
  • whaledumpwhaledump Joined: Posts: 3
    my stick was working perfectly fine as i was testing it then once i plugged it in my PC again it said USB device not recognized
    flash the firmware

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    i tried not working i start up the program lasts like 3 seconds
    nvm got it fixed thanks :D
  • NY GamerNY Gamer Learn to Live, for Life! Joined: Posts: 337
    This may a shot in the dark and a snowball's chance in hell, but has anyone determined if the Kitty works on PS4? Or even if there is a potential update for the Kitty to get PS4 compatibility?
  • RoboKrikitRoboKrikit nuclear Joined: Posts: 1,943
    NY Gamer wrote: »
    This may a shot in the dark and a snowball's chance in hell, but has anyone determined if the Kitty works on PS4? Or even if there is a potential update for the Kitty to get PS4 compatibility?

It does not work on PS4. Making an existing Kitty work with PS4 would require a separate board to handle the over-Bluetooth authentication.
  • FenarisFenaris Focused Joined: Posts: 36
    Toodles wrote: »
    Hey Marcus,
    Can I send you back my board and you take a look at it? Or test it out on your vlx with the disconnect issue when I have it installed? I recorded a video of me testing the strange disconnect when I plug in the headset. I know the kitty doesn't touch that piece itself but the vlx works perfectly fine without the kitty installed.

Thanks
    Holy shit that was a bitch to deal with.
    Ok, first off, swapping you out won't help. Problem would still exist. I was able to recreate the problem on my own, so you're not crazy. Also was not able to recreate the problem with the Kitty removed; suckage. After a ton of troubleshooting, I could get the setup down to just the USB cable to kitty board, the USB ribbon from Kitty to VLX, and the four pin headset jack to VLX, all else disconnected, and the problem would occur. With the USB cable plugged directly into the VLX, wouldn't occur. The GND is direct connected so it wasn't that. USB lines went through the 4066, but it's digital signal, and if it communicates at all, no reason for it to disconnect. That left the power. Difference through the Kitty is the protection diode. Same setup that had the problem before, but with the diode shorted so the power didnt go through it, and I'm unable to recreate the error. Disconnected and reconnected that bridge multiple times, always able to recreate without the bridge, never able to recreate with the bridge.

So, good news is I have a work around. You can choose the hacky method, of using a small piece of wire and shoving it into the two connectors to bridge the power. You can use the more permanent solution that doesn't look neat and solder a wire to bridge the two points underneath the board. Or there's the super neat looking version where you desolder the diode, and jumper to two pads the diode went to with solder or a small piece of wire.

If you're only using the original stock USB cable, no problems. Removing the protection diode does open up the possibility of danger if you are using the RJ-45 jack and try to plug it into two consoles at the same time. Slight, but possible, so never do it. If you plan on using the stick in 360 mode through the RJ-45 jack, its a different set of points or a different diode to bridge. If that is the case, please, use ONLY the RJ-45 jack and toss the stock USB cable.

This shows the two points from the bottom of the board that would need bridged. You can easily tell from there where to shove the wires if you want to use the 'shove wire into connector' method. The protection diode for the USB cable is D10, between the RJ-45 jack and the USB connectors. The protection diode for the RJ-45 jack is D11.
    img20110826153443.th.jpg

Is it still possible for a "Fighting Stick VX" kitty? I love my TE Kitty, but... :)
    Working on it, but no ETA. God knows I want to get one done for mine, that's for sure.

I've run into this problem on my TE Kitty within the last month or so, but the image showing what to do is missing....

Is there anyone who still has it hidden somewhere? Thanks.

• s9ac3rs9ac3r Joined: Posts: 1
    Toodles, Thank You. This board is a Godsend. Traded in my 360 for a PS4 but just couldn't let go of my MVC2 fight stick. Did some research about dual modding and got this board installed so easily I feel like I'm cheating on my local game store that does mods.

Now I'm contemplating on buying a second fight stick, the ps3/ps4 madcatz TE2 for my PS4 and Injustice... That way, I can have people over and still play MVC2, UMVC3 and USF4 on my PS3.

Question is, wondering if you're in the works on a PS4 Kitty add on board or maybe a firmware update on the TE Kitty board if people decide to install/solder on a PS4 controller board, so it can work with the xbox control panel. Not sure if that is even possible. I am new to modding have no experience as a programmer nor as an engineer. I would love to save $150-$200 and not buy the ps3/ps4 fight stick. Instead mod my current 360 TE Stick and have friends bring their own stick over to my house.

By the way, I'm new to this community and joined to complement you on your work. I usually like to just keep hardware the way they are and this is my first time with a mod. I was just surprised on how easy it was to install. Again, sorry if my question about ps4 mod is redundant. This thread itself is 45pages long and didn't want to read it all.
  • AgentQAgentQ Joined: Posts: 18
    RoboKrikit wrote: »
    NY Gamer wrote: »

It does not work on PS4. Making an existing Kitty work with PS4 would require a separate board to handle the over-Bluetooth authentication.

Do you have the link to where u got your info that a wired controller would need to authenticate over Bluetooth a wireless protocol.
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,215
    Just installed my kitty. It works pefectly
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
  • triple_leitriple_lei Fan of green-mouthed Zangief Joined: Posts: 98
    edited April 2015
    Heya. I installed a Kitty some weeks ago and have been extremely happy with it. It's installed in a PS3 MLG case with Xbox 360 SF4 FightStick SE guts. Some thoughts:

If there was any doubt by now: yes, you really can, no kidding, install the Kitty in a SE. Sure, my SE PCB looked a little different; some red wires might have been on the other end of the ribbon cables, and that little sardine can thing you see on page 5 of the installation guide was sticking out on the other end of the PCB, but the Kitty fit without problems. I did have to stick some electrical tape between the boards to prevent a short, though.

Gutting the PS3 MLG FightStick was no big loss; although I played better Tekken on the MLG compared to my HRAP3 for some reason (thinner, non-sloped design I guess), the slower turbos meant I wasn't playing Final Fight on that thing and it didn't work at all with PS2 games on PS3. I bought the Kitty without even knowing both of those problems would be gone and I couldn't be happier! And speaking of Final Fight, button remapping meant I could move the jump button to its proper position, to the right of the attack button! No more using my thumb to hit X to jump! No more hitting a completely unnatural diagonal Square+Circle combination for the special attack! The game is only two buttons, so maybe the devs thought we didn't need to be able to reconfigure our buttons, but it really did ruin us stick users. We PS3 owners of Final Fight: Double Impact got screwed with the "always gotta be on" DRM, but remapping with the Kitty sort of makes up for it. I totally didn't need to hold Home and Guide for a full 45 seconds to remap, however; 10 seconds without moving the lever was plenty.

So yeah, no complaints... except the documentation could be a little better. I only discovered PS3 turbos through the Kitty by accident! They're activated slightly differently. So if Toodles still checks up on this thread, feel free to dump this bit:
    1. Fast turbos: Press and hold the action button. Then press and hold the Turbo button. Release the action button, then release the Turbo button.
    2. Repeat for slow turbos.
    3. Repeat to deactivate turbos.

Finally, a friendly warning: DO NOT connect this to a PlayStation TV! Yes, the Kitty is a damn miracle but it still can't accomplish the impossible. I actually registered today to post this! I started to really worry when my PS3 wouldn't recognize my Kitty-modded stick anymore; the button LEDs lit up but moving the lever didn't activate those twirly Guide lights. And the stick just wouldn't work at all outside of the Guide lights showing up for a second upon plugging in. Then I remembered I tried the stick with the PSTV some days ago and it didn't work, and, well, now I know it really didn't work and even scared the Kitty out of some functionality too. So I flashed the newest Kitty firmware again and PS3 functionality is back and running once more.

TLDR: Your sticks still won't work with a PSTV, even with a Kitty, so don't even try!
    Post edited by triple_lei on
  • Cicada88Cicada88 Joined: Posts: 11
    edited May 2015
    Hello.

About 1.5 years ago I bought an Xbox 360 Hori VLX stick that was modded with the Kitty board. It arrived in really great condition with the packaging and everything. I never got a chance to really set it up and use it, but I've been trying recently and having some issues.

I am trying to use it on a PS3, and all the controls aren't working. Only 1 button and only up / down on the stick seem to be registering. I've opened it up and everything looks very well installed and clean.

Is this plug and play or do I need to hold down something to make it fully function on the PS3. Unfortunately I do not have an xbox360 to test this on.

OK, after rereading the kitty manual, I got ahold of a PC laptop (only have a Mac myself), and the pc control panel only registers up and down on the joystick and the 2 left most buttons (Top & Bottom).

None of the others including "Back" are registered so according to the manual my next step is to download the firmware and reflash it.

Unfortunately the link on godlikecontrols.com is broken.

Any ideas?
    Check your connectors, post pics. Sounds like they aren't seated fully

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    edited May 2015
    Here are some more pictures.

Here is another thing I noticed. Despite only UP & DOWN being registered on the PS3/PC, the lights surrounding the XBOX Home button light up to match all 4 directions when I move the joystick.

20z8m6g.jpg
    35jgffa.jpg
    6ymt08.jpg
    21o3mmd.jpg
    2wlx3cy.jpg
    Post edited by Cicada88 on
    Did you try seeing if everything is properly seated?
    I looked at it and couldn't see any loose connections and did push them all firmly.

As for disconnecting the main harness from the buttons & joystick--does it just pull up or do I need to push somewhere with a screwdriver? I was thinking of unclipping it and replugging it back but it wouldn't really budge and I didn't want to flex the board too much forcing it.
    Could try reflashing the firmware

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Yeah I'm definitely going to try it but the flasher required an admin password which the owner of the laptop doesn't have :/ and I don't have a PC
  • ChikalinChikalin Joined: Posts: 88
    I believe I had that issue when I got a fresh Kitty about two years ago now. Reflashing and updating the firmware made it work just fine.
    Thanks chikalin looks like its going to have to wait a week until I visit my friend with a PC laptop. I'll provide updates here afterward.

Thanks for the help everyone
  • StumblebeeStumblebee More AO than Manhunt 2 Joined: Posts: 658
    Will the TE_Kitty work with games that have peripheral backwards compatibility? Like Skullgirls 2nd Encore on PS4?
    Woo Woo Woo! You Know It, Bro!
    Stumblebee wrote: »
    Will the TE_Kitty work with games that have peripheral backwards compatibility? Like Skullgirls 2nd Encore on PS4?

Any PS4 stick will work with any PS4 game, games like Ultra Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat X and Skull Girls 2nd Encore work work like usual.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Stumblebee wrote: »

Any PS4 stick will work with any PS4 game, games like Ultra Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat X and Skull Girls 2nd Encore work work like usual.

*ps3

Short answer yes

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • ScottMasterCraigScottMasterCraig Joined: Posts: 3
    With a TE-Kitty S can I just make an RJ-45 to Wii Remote Extension port adapter to have it work as a Classic Controller for Wii U? Or do I also need to install a PiiWee? If so is it possible that TE-Kitty can be updated with Classic Controller support, and is there any chance you will do it in the future?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Also it'd be amazing if PS4/Xbox One support could be added!
    No/Yes/No-No
    It's all been answered before lol
    The Kitty doesn't have enough space on the chip so the PiiWii is necessary.
    Same goes for PS4/Xb1 - Anything MS would require a MS security chip.

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • TRIFELIFESURVIVESTRIFELIFESURVIVES GG Man! Joined: Posts: 167
    Will the VLX Kitty work on Next Gen consoles? Sorry if this has been answered before.

Will the VLX Kitty work on Next Gen consoles? Sorry if this has been answered before.

The post right above yours already answers this for you
  • mechanicalgrapemechanicalgrape Joined: Posts: 14
    Hoping someone here might be able to help or point me in the right direction. I can't force my stick into 360 mode on my PC anymore. Moving the slider to RS and holding down Turbo still shows the stick as "Kitty TE Edition" when I plug it in. Despite that, the stick functions normally when plugged into a 360. Both PCBs seem to be working as intended, and I've verified that the Turbo button works, so why can't I force 360 mode on PC? I'm stumped.
    is the lock switch enabled?

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Hoping someone here might be able to help or point me in the right direction. I can't force my stick into 360 mode on my PC anymore. Moving the slider to RS and holding down Turbo still shows the stick as "Kitty TE Edition" when I plug it in. Despite that, the stick functions normally when plugged into a 360. Both PCBs seem to be working as intended, and I've verified that the Turbo button works, so why can't I force 360 mode on PC? I'm stumped.

You can try re-flashing the firmware.
    Vicko wrote: »
    is the lock switch enabled?

The lock switch is not enabled.
    gahrling wrote: »
    You can try re-flashing the firmware.

Tried this as well. The first attempt after flashing and forcing 360 mode displayed 'Street Fighter IV FightStick TE (Arcade Stick)'. I thought that had resolved it. It only seems to have worked that one time though. All subsequent attempts have the stick still displaying as "Kitty TE Edition" when trying to force 360 mode. I also tried connecting it to a 2nd PC just to make sure the PC wasn't the issue.

Can you try select rather than turbo?
    Also dumb question but you're holding the button while plugging in, not afterwards, correct?

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Vicko wrote: »
    Can you try select rather than turbo?
    Also dumb question but you're holding the button while plugging in, not afterwards, correct?

No Select button on this stick so I'm guessing it's the Back button. Trying that has the same result, and yes the button is being held down while being plugged in, not afterwards.
    Yes, back is select lol.
    Well sounds like you did all the troubleshooting, if you can't force it on PC but it works on 360, and you already reflashed the firmware i am stumped.

www.vickomods.com
    lol