Now you can become one of us. The Jill Valentine Team Building Thread

CarparkCarpark DIE JOB DEATH CAR?Joined: Posts: 835
This post lists most effective teammates assists and DHC's for Jill, for current, early team suggestions see post #2. If you have something to add on an already suggested team, please do so.

Most effective teams
Here is the list of teams with Jill used by pro players. For the rest of team suggestions see post #2.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3:

Team used by Clockwork:
Jill-B / Strider-V / Ammy-B

Marvel vs. Capcom 3:

Teams used by FlashMetroid:
Jill-B / Trish-B / Iron Man-A
Jill-B / Viewtiful Joe-A / Iron Man-A

Team used by Clockwork:
Jill-B / Amaterasu-B / Doom-A

Most effective teammates
Wesker is Jill's best partner but I refuse to play Wesker hes so boring

Useful assist characters
Projectile assists:

Iron Man - A
Chris - B
Ammy - B
Doom - A, B and V
Sentinel - A
Storm - A

Generally any projectile assist works great with Jill, but beam assists that lock down opponent for a longer time work the best.

Low assists:

Wesker - B
She-Hulk - A
X-23 - B
Deadpool - B

Wesker's Low Shot is widely regarderd as the best low hitting assist, as it also doulbes as an OTG/Relaunch asisst, and it is faster than She-Hulk's and X-23's assists. However, both She Hulk and Deadpool have range advantage over Low Shot, and are slightly better for unblockable setups with Jill's :f:+:h: and upward High Speed Dash from her Feral Crouch.

OTG/Relaunch Assists:

Wesker - B
She-Hulk - A
Chris - A
Viewtiful Joe - V
Deadpool - B
X-23 - B

Wesker's assist is generally the best because of its speed, so you don't need to delay j.:s: at the end of an air combo too much, however She-Hulk's assist is preferred over Wesker's assist as a follow up to a forward air grab as the opponent will be too far to connect Wesker's assist (Wesker's assist works after air back throw, though). Chris's and Viewtiful Joe's assist's are unique because these are not OTG assists at all, however, they allow a relaunch after Jill's Fallen Prey [:dp:+:l:] move and Jill's air grab into Fallen Prey. This generally allows the longest combos before doing the relaunch, because speed doesn't matter that much for these assists. X-23 assist isn't fast enough and has less range than She-Hulk's assist, so it is not the best choice. Deadpool's assist is very fast, however it lacks range and it wastes ground bounce for Jill. So if you are using it after an air throw (works near the corner), make necessary changes to the combo follow up. Dante's Crystal is hard to use because of it's slow startup so it is not recommended.

Best characters for DHCs
Jill is one of 8 lucky characters to possess a cinematic level 1 hyper combo. Raven Spike allows to perform devastating DHC damage/hitstun reset trick.

DHC Jill's Raven Spike into one of the following hyper combos to perform the trick:

Amaterasu: Veil of Mist [:qcb:+:atk::atk:]
Arthur: Golden Armor [:qcb:+:atk::atk:]
Dante: Devil Trigger [:qcb:+:atk::atk:]
Deadpool: WHIFFED Cuttin' Time [:qcb:+:atk::atk:]
Felicia: Kitty Helper [:dp:+:atk::atk:]
Hsien-Ko: Rimoukon [:dp:+:atk::atk:) and Chireitou [:qcf:+:atk::atk:]
Morrigan: Astral Vision [:d::d:+:atk::atk:]
Phoenix: Healing Field [:qcb:+:atk::atk:]
Sentinel: Hyper Sentinel Force [:qcb:+:atk::atk:]
She-Hulk: Road Rage [:hcb:+:atk::atk: - Level 3]
Taskmaster: Aegis Counter [:qcb:+:atk::atk:]
Thor: Mighty Punish [:hcb:+:atk::atk:]
Trish: Round Harvest [:qcb:+:atk::atk:]
Tron: Servebot Surprise [:dp:+:atk::atk:] (DHC after 6th hit, DHC-ing after 7th requires tricky timing)
V.Joe: Viewtiful God Hand [:qcb:+:atk::atk:]
Wesker: Rhino Charge [:qcb:+:atk::atk:] (can either cr.M... after immediately DHC-ing the last Raven Spike hit, or in case of failing the timing, self OTG with df+H, c.M... )
Wolverine: Berserker Charge [:d::d:+:atk::atk:]
X-23: Silent Kill [:qcb:+:atk::atk: - Level 3]
Zero: Sougenmu [:qcb:+:atk::atk:]

For more info about the DHC trick see: http://shoryuken.com/content/dhc-trick-01-full-damage-hit-stun-scaling-reset-3813/
and this thread: http://shoryuken.com/f340/dhc-trick-damage-hit-stun-scaling-reset-267849/

Machine Gun Spray is also a good hyper to DHC. It doesn't allow the DHC reset trick, however, it works with most hypers as it causes soft knockdown state. Use it if you don't have a character who has a hyper allowing the DHC reset trick on your team. Can DHC out of it well, after connecting it as an OTG follow-up to a forward/back/air throw at midscreen against normal-sized characters (still testing this).
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow in the knee.

Comments

• CarparkCarpark DIE JOB DEATH CAR? Joined: Posts: 835
    Team suggestions
    Team suggestion by ClydeClash:

Jill - ? or ? /Ammy - ?/Tron - ?

I personally like how her Gun Spray Hyper DHC's well into Ammy's Okami Shuffle, and if you get her Kick Hyper in the corner JUST right, possibly right into Ammy's L3. Still working out some kinks. Ammy's assist is good for helping Jill get in, and Tron's is good for mixups. Also, I noticed how I can do Jill's Beta assist and go right into Lunchtime with Tron due to the wallbounce.

Addendum by scythe master:

There's no real point to DHCing Raven->Ammy lv.3, you can just do the mist super and get just as much if not more damage due to the DHC trick...only problem is it's kinda difficult to actually get the timing. Fortunately if Ammy's in reflector you can wait for 6 hits of spike, DHC into mist, stance switch to sword and immediately do :qcf:+:l: 4-5 times into...whatever you want.

That said, Jill/Ammy is an absolutely sick combination. Ammy has a great assist (for ANY character really more so for teleporters) and DHC's pretty amazingly with Jill, along with being a great character in general.

Team suggestion by ihateM.O.D.O.K.:

Cap - ?/Jill - ?/Task - ?

Everything in this team DHCs. In fact, Raven spike is one of the only hypers I know of that DHCs midscreen off hyper charging star.. Shield slash assist lets Jill stick a couple extra ground normals into her combo before she launches, Task assist helps both close, although it's not the best. Strongly considering swapping task assist for Doom, IM or Sent, though all three lose DHC power.

As for Jill's assists, still waffling between her overhead assist and the wallbounce assist, the former obviously makes combos a lot easier, though the latter makes those combos extremely deadly.

Make no mistake with her being second, Jill still runs the team. Captain America just helps soften up the first group of targets and builds meter for her, hopefully letting her in with a sick DHC.

Team suggestion by lunarhostility:

Wesker - ?/Jill - ?/Iron Man - ?

Both Wesker and Iron Man can hyper off the wall bounce. DHCs work great. Wesker's low assist is always useful, and he can build lots of meter for Jill and Iron Man to use their level 3s. Also Wesker can teleport and combo after the wall bounce. Iron Man's Unibeam helps Jill get in. It's just a great team all around.

You can combo into both Iron Man and Wesker's level 3 from Jill's B assist.

You can also use Jill B assist to wall bounce after Wesker's OTG gun shot, this allows relaunch combos.

DHCing into Wesker's level 3 is really easy as well from Jill's machine gun hyper because she often flies over or close to the opponent, at which point you can DHC and Wesker will be in range.

You can use Wesker's gun assist plus Jill's overhead to set up high/low unblockables.

Team suggestion by Carpark:

Chris - ?/Jill - ?/Wesker - ?

Chris is a battery for Jill's DHC into Wesker's Rhino Charge. Jill's Arrow Kick is amazing for Chris, because it causes Hard Knockdown, this allows for some really damaging combos with him, particularly his devastating one meter Grenade Launcher juggle for 760,000 damage.

Make no mistake, Jill is still the main character in the team. If Chris manages to kill one character, I switch to Jill. She heavily benefits from Chris's Machine Gun Assist, allowing cross-up dashes, or even Position Exchange setups. Wekser's Low Shot allows relaunch combos and unblockable setups with Jill's overhead, and her upward High Speed Dash into j.:s:. The most important element is Jill's Raven Spike DHC damage/hitstun reset, this allows Wesker to perform a full combo off his Low Shot into :d:+:m:> ground series at midscreen, or launch/magic series into anything he wants, anywhere on the screen doing from 1,000,000 to 1,200,000 damage.

Team suggestion by The Mad King:

Jill - ?/Wesker -?/Doom - ? or ?

Doom assists to cover Jill's insane mixups, and once she gets in you can set up high/low unblockables with Wesker-? (I want to try turning some Jill combos into unblockable resets with Wesker-?). The team allows DHC trick into Wesker Rhino Charge for hitstun/damage scaling reset and Jill wallbounce assist allows Wesker to relaunch after OTG pistol. Doom is also just nice to have on point if needed later because he's still versatile on point (Keepaway and rushdown options are both super-solid).

Team suggestion by Mo'Salty:

Jill - ?/Sentinel - ?/Akuma - ?

This team utilizes almost every dirty trick in the book. From DHC scaling reset to sickeningly ambiguous cross-up and high-low barrages.

Jill can call either assist and use her gun super to OTG and reset a combo and will at worst be safe. With two amazing pressure assists, Jill can freely play her remarkable mixup game once she's in, and can combo off of her instant overhead with either assist. Each character can further their combos with each other character's assist in an intuitive manner.

What's more, this team boasts three characters with amazing comeback potential in most match-ups. This team also deals well with any specific team gimmick that comes to mind (including phoenix, boasting both Akuma's tatsu and beam super along with Jill's powerful new gun hyper).

Team suggestion by Omega1:

Jill - ?/Amaterasu - ?/Dante -?

Strengths: Versatliy, this team allows for what I believe is an amazing amount of flexablity. Ama's Cold Star can be used as a way for Jill or Dante to approach and in Jill's case can cause nasty mix ups when used with ferral dashes. Dante's Crystal can be used to extend Ama's and Jill's combos because of it's OTG propertiys and provide corner support. Although a bit slow for my taste Jill's arrow kick can be used as a spacing tool for ama a wall bounce combo opener for Dante and in certain situations as a GTFO move.

I've used this team with the charcter's in various spots but I haven't found one yet that they tend to work poorly from, all three seem to have quite a bit of synergy and utlity. It seems fairly strong against most of the match ups I've faced losing only to a Zero, Magneto, Dark Phoenix team (Mainly Dark Phoenix) and a Trish, Doom, Dormamu team.

Weaknesses: The low stamina of the team can be a deciding factor and obviously this team is not meant for prolonged fights. Your goal should be to take advantage of your versatlity and rush out your opponent however if your opponent can shut you out or get Dark Phoenix, you can expect to fall fairly quickly (although that could be more due to my lack of skill than a weakness with the team).

Lastly depending on the order of the team DHCing may not be as potent as some other comboiations.

Addendum by Carpark: DHC order doesn't matter all that much as long as Jill isn't the last character, since both Dante and Ammy allow for some devastating combos with the DHC trick.
    I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow in the knee.
    Reserved for future updates.
    Reserved
  • This_Is_K1This_Is_K1 Rushdown Artist Joined: Posts: 724
    Jill / Morrigan / Iron Man

You Heard it here first. Team K1. Patented.

The only thing that will make me change any members of my team is Psylocke. If she becomes DLC at some point, Iron Man will be getting the boot. Other than that, Im sticking with this team. Ive been waiting to be able to perfect this team since day 1 MvC3.
    MvC3: X-23, T-Type Nemesis, The Sentinel
    SSF4AE: Gouken
    Jill / Morrigan / Iron Man

You Heard it here first. Team K1. Patented.
    Aside from the obvious fact that you haven't even tested the team yet, I have two things to say to you and everyone who will use this thread:
    -Please, list your assists as well, this is important.
    -Say WHAT makes your team viable, not just "I like the team".
  • ClydeClashClydeClash Soul Drive Joined: Posts: 21
    Jill(Alpha or Beta assist, undecided)/Ammy(Beta)/Tron(Beta).

I personally like how her Gun Spray Hyper DHC's well into Ammy's Okami Shuffle, and if you get her Kick Hyper in the corner JUST right, possibly right into Ammy's L3. Still working out some kinks. Ammy's assist is good for helping Jill get in, and Tron's is good for mixups. Also, I noticed how I can do Jill's Beta assist and go right into Lunchtime with Tron due to the wallbounce... not sure how practical that might be though, aha.
    SSFIV: AE - Sakura
    In the lab doing work.
  • ihateM.O.D.O.K.ihateM.O.D.O.K. Cry for me! Joined: Posts: 1,727
    Cap-A/Jill-A/Task-A

Why: Everything in this team fucking DHCs. In fact, Raven spike is one of the only hypers I know of that DHCs midscreen off hyper charging star.. Shield slash assist lets jill stick a couple extra ground normals into her combo before she launches, Task assist helps both close, although it's not the best. Strongly considering swapping task assist for Doom, IM or Sent, though all three lose DHC power.

As for Jill's assists, still waffling between her overhead assist and the wallbounce assist, the former obviously makes combos a lot easier, though the latter makes those combos extremely deadly.

Make no mistake with her being second, Jill still runs the team. Captain America just helps soften up the first group of targets and builds meter for her, hopefully letting her in with a sick DHC.
    "For a fighting game forum, I've never seen a bunch of people hate fighting games more than SRK."
  • Evil_ToasterofFPEvil_ToasterofFP The Texas Strange Joined: Posts: 1,016
    Jill's Raven Spike is capable of starting the DHC trick, so automatically I think Sentinel. Drones assist is also probably useful for covering Jill's approach, but not might be as good as something like Plasma Beam. But if they get caught in the Drones, an instant cross up is just a teleport away.
    ======= Mains: Zero, Doctor Strange, Dante, Vergil, Ghost Rider, Morrigan, Rocket Raccoon, Iron Fist
    =UMvC3= Subs/Assists: Hawkeye, Doctor Doom, Iron-Man, Strider, Sentinel, Arthur, Wolverine.
    ======= WIP: Amaterasu, Chris, Deadpool, Felicia,
    Awesomenauts: Voltar, Leon, Derpl, ---- Super MNC: Assault, Robohobo, (DA BES) Captain Spark, Artemis, Leo.
  • exsoldier2006exsoldier2006 BaconStripes!! Joined: Posts: 293
    Is she good with Zero?
    "Prince Vegeta ruler of all Saiyans!!"
  • Kuukuu OmoiKuukuu Omoi Joined: Posts: 169
    oh wow, actually, she is. in fact, you can DHC her raven spike into his Clone super, and id have to test it but you can probably dhc his Rainbow storm into her Raven spike to switch em out. She probably could use his dashing assist for extra hits on a combo as well
    I just wish we would stop ATTACKING each other, and all be more friendly. Is it so hard to just get along? its disgusting to the new people wanting a healthy community.
    K.O. means empty heart btw.
  • lunarhostilitylunarhostility Joined: Posts: 215
    Wesker B assist, Jill B assist, Iron Man A assist.

Both Wesker and Iron Man can hyper off the wall bounce. DHCs work great. Wesker's low assist is always useful, and he can build lots of meter for Jill and Iron Man to use their level 3s. I can't wait to see what combo opportunities are opened up by Jill's level 3. Also Wesker can teleport and combo after the wall bounce. Iron Man's Unibeam helps Jill get in. It's just a great team all around.

Just found out that you can combo into both Iron Man and Wesker's level 3 from Jill's B assist.

You can also use Jill B assist to wall bounce after Wesker's OTG gun shot, but I can't figure out yet if it's possible to combo afterward. Anyone willing to help test?

DHCing into Wesker's level 3 is really easy as well from Jill's machine gun hyper because she often flies over or close to the opponent, at which point you can DHC and Wesker will be in range.

You can use Wesker's gun assist plus Jill's overhead to set up high/low unblockables.
  • Exalted-1Exalted-1 It is critical that you pay attention at this time Joined: Posts: 62
    I was using She Hulk Doom Storm. I thought I could just swap out She Hulk for Jill for an alt team, but that was no good. I had to put Doom third so I could have a dhc option for Jill. So the team I am running now is Jill B Storm A Doom B

I think Doom rocks might be better for Jill, but hidden missiles are just awesome with Storm, so I am trying that assist out first.

Might try a Jill, Wesker, Doom team as well. She would benefit from his gunshot assist greatly
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,093
    She-hulk a/Jill a/Taskmaster a
    dhcs work great.
    There's shehulk's low hitting assist and jill's Overhead is great since it can lead to unblockables

Not sure how well Jill handles keepaway yet, but if she handles it poorly. Taskmaster is there to save the day.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • ayfRochefortayfRochefort Dynasty Joined: Posts: 2,188
    I've used Jill b/Storm a/Tron b
    Jill's Raven Super, Storm's Hail Storm and Tron's Lunch Rush all DHC together no matter what order to do great damage and Tron's GDLK assist helps a lot in Jill's mixups.
    Also Storms assist can help Tron's combos, but I haven't quite tested if Jill can help Tron, as well.
    LoL: Noel Rochefort // @noelrochefort
    President of FGCC // http://www.facebook.com/FGCC.Page
  • Electric_GypsyElectric_Gypsy 40th Successor to Bushinryu Joined: Posts: 99
    My Jill is still super scrubby, but I'm liking Jill-b/Dorm-b/Iron Man-a. Using Unibeam to make an initial approach into magic series xx cartwheel/flip/command overhead mixups and building meter.

Dormammu DHCs are sexy. You can easily go Gun Spray - Chaotic Flame - Proton Cannon, but outside of a killing situation, I prefer Spray - Stalking Flare. Gives me time to lay down a Flame Carpet and store some Dark Spell points, or immediately start Purification chipping.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "I'm not a vegetarian because I Iove animals; I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." - Stacy

May the power of Bushinryu be forever etched into your retinas.
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    I'm thinking of doing Tron-b/Jill-b/Wesker-b. Tron will be the main meter gainer and can serve as Jill's gateway via DHCs, TACs, Bonne Aerial Bonne Strikes, and air dashes so I don't have to worry too much about projectile spammers (I hope). Wesker is there to serve as OTG fodder, especially for Tron who can deal 800k+ with an OTG assist, and also doubles as an alternate get-arounder with his teleport. Either way, they get in for Jill who will then subject the opponent to mixups and infinites. Jill's assist, ideally, is to act as a hit confirm for combos for the other two, but I'm not quite what assist is best for this team.

That's the main plan, don't know if everything will work out though.
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
  • This_Is_K1This_Is_K1 Rushdown Artist Joined: Posts: 724
    Aside from the obvious fact that you haven't even tested the team yet, I have two things to say to you and everyone who will use this thread:
    -Please, list your assists as well, this is important.
    -Say WHAT makes your team viable, not just "I like the team".

First off, THIS ^^ is whats wrong with soooo many people who play marvel. In this game, nearly every character is viable, so saying " WHAT MAKES YOUR TEAM VIABLE" is kind of pointless. Considering the fact that most characters are viable, what the hell is wrong with playing characters simply because I love them. Why do I have to have spent a month formulating every little thing. People who do that shit are so annoying. Theory fighting is great and all, but it becomes too much at a certain point. I play Jill / Morrigan / Iron Man simply because I love their characters. I MAKE them work for me.

and if I MUST post why my team works / etc, then here you go:

I can DHC everything. I can get relaunch combos if I want with Iron Man's smart bomb assist. I can easily get in with Jill by using Iron Man's Unibeam assist + Feral Crouch forward dash. I can get a 900+K combo using no xfactor by DHC'ing Jill's Machine Gun Spray hyper into Morrigan's DI. All of the characters flow and work well with each other naturally. I can set up RIDICULOUS resets that are (most importantly ) nearly 100% safe (except from a random lvl 3 hyper) by using Iron Man's Unibeam / Repulsor Blast assists in tandem with Jill's great mixups.

If you would like anything else, I would be more than happy to post more.

Listen up everyone:

PLAY CHARACTERS YOU LOVE, SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU ENJOY THEM. Dont give in to viability bullshit. This game is honestly pretty balanced (for the most part).

- K1
    MvC3: X-23, T-Type Nemesis, The Sentinel
    SSF4AE: Gouken
  • DogmaDogma Joined: Posts: 502
    I haven't had much time to play around with her, but I started with Jill ? /Bonne B/ Iron Man A

Her combos are pretty straightforward, but I like to use Tron's invincibility when I get in close, and mix it up. If you do it early enough you can combo off overhead with fire. Another thing I like to do is use either wavedash, empty overhead, call iron man, then feral rush behind them or above them. The bad thing about it, is that the throw option diminishes, but on the bright side, its hard to read Jill if you do it at just the right time while the opponent is blocking.

DHC wise the two of them can hit her QCF one, and considering her most basic BNB can just be Somersault kick > Gun Ultra, its good damage for the price or better.
    First off, THIS ^^ is whats wrong with soooo many people who play marvel. In this game, nearly every character is viable, so saying " WHAT MAKES YOUR TEAM VIABLE" is kind of pointless.
    No, not at all. Three great characters in one team don't equal a great team, there's such thing called team synergy. Besides, I never said "pick top characters", I said "say why your team is viable", because just stating your team and writing a sentence or two will not help other people decide on their own team.

Anyway, guys, if you have an update on your teams post them here as well. I see many questions here, like lunarhostility's : "You can also use Jill B assist to wall bounce after Wesker's OTG gun shot, but I can't figure out yet if it's possible to combo afterward. Anyone willing to help test?", if I know the answer, I will edit the question (I already did), if not, I'll just remove it until I have an update from the original poster, or anyone else.

Finally, my current team is team S.T.A.R.S. (can't believe I'm first to suggest it): Chris - ?/Jill - ?/Wesker - ?.

Chris is a battery for Jill DHC into Wesker's Rhino Charge. Jill's Arrow Kick is amazing for Chris, because it causes Hard Knockdown, this allows for some really damaging combos with him.

Make no mistake, Jill is still the main character in the team. If Chris manages to kill one character, I switch to Jill. She heavily benefits from Chris's Machine Gun Assist, allowing cross-up dashes, or even Position Exchange setups. Wekser's Low Shot allows relaunch combos and unblockable setups with Jill's overhead, and her upward High Speed Dash into j:s:. The most important element is Jill's Raven Spike damage/hitstun reset, this allows Wesker to perform a full combo off his Low Shot into :d:+:m:> standard series.
  • The Mad KingThe Mad King Hyou~ Joined: Posts: 262
    Jill-? /Wesker-? /Doom-? or Doom-?

Doom assists to cover Jill's insane mixups, and once she gets in you can set up high/low unblockables with Wesker-? (I want to try turning some Jill combos into unblockable resets with Wesker-?). Already mentioned that you can DHC trick into Wesker Rhino Charge, also already mentioned that wallbounce assist from Jill allows Wesker to relaunch after OTG pistol. Doom is also just nice to have on point if needed later because he's still versatile on point (Keepaway and rushdown options are both super-solid).
  • LeonMarvelLeonMarvel Joined: Posts: 18
    Jill/IronMan/Spencer...because there intro is boss! Oh and Iron Man does good coverage with his beam assist, and you can set up a few things with Spencers Armor Piercer assist. Also, Jill can have no fear using her MG Spray with an assist to open things up in the match because it crosses up nicely and places her in a launching position. The other great thing about Jill is that she and Iron Man doing the exchange glitch can build up a hell of a lot of meter. Even without it, Jill supports herself and then some. And we all know Spencer is dat anchor. :D
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,169
    Jill/Zero/Sent and Jill/Zero/Taskmaster are both teams that I am having fun with now. Jill/Zero/Sent is very dangerous, the all DHC together pretty great and Sent helps Jill and Zero's teleports. The dangerous thing is that if Jill lands any hits near a corner, you can DHC into Zero out of Jill's srk super to do the DHC trick and kill a character.
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Xrd/SFV: PSN: I-kef-I SFV ID: I-kef-I
    From Miami, if you are in the area, don't be afraid to PM me for some locals.

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto
  • R-DR-D Joined: Posts: 970
    Some things I've noticed so far that you can use the DHC trick with for Raven Spike that aren't in the default list:

Hsien-ko: Chireitou (cancel immediately after last hit)
    Tron: King Servbot (cancel Raven Spike before last hit but after the camera pans up)

Chireitou is a better option than super armor because super armor prevents you from gaining meter during the follow-up combo.

Crossposting somewhat from the Hsien-ko boards, but Hsien-ko/Jill/xxx is probably a good team. Super-armored pendulum is helpful to anyone, but especially fragile characters. Doom with missiles is one possible third character that also has good synergy with Hsien-ko, or for example Hsien-ko (pendulum)/Tron(gustaff flame)/Jill (arrow kick) will give you heavy damage off of just about anything.

Primarily because, if Jill is second, Hsien-ko can do a midscreen combo into her swords hyper, raw tag to Jill, and then Jill still has time to dash up and connect Raven Spike and DHC back to Hsien-ko with scaling reset, in which case you're guaranteed to be at the corner by then, where Hsien-ko's combo abilities improve greatly. Or, with the Tron team with Jill in the 3rd spot, when Hsien-ko raw tags to Jill, the team order becomes Jill/Tron/Hsien-ko and then you can DHC Raven Spike into King Servbot for a beefy meter-building Tron combo afterwards.

Tron's also good at adding damage to combos and building meter via aerial exchanges - exchange to Tron, get the knockdown, and then OTG with cr.H -> f+H while calling either assist for the followup combo. Also one of the characters that's good at baiting S mashing because her S still ground-bounces even if you allow the combo to reset.
    With MBL team, how should I go about projectile heavy teams? Should I make Wesker on point in the beginning so I can get in via teleports?
    With MBL team, how should I go about projectile heavy teams? Should I make Wesker on point in the beginning so I can get in via teleports?
    So Tron is an anchor then? Don't know, Wesker if definitely a better choice for projectile based teams, but how are you gonna fight with Tron last? I'm not a Tron expert, but it doesn't look like she can win alone.
    Some things I've noticed so far that you can use the DHC trick with for Raven Spike that aren't in the default list:

Hsien-ko: Chireitou (cancel immediately after last hit)
    Tron: King Servbot (cancel Raven Spike before last hit but after the camera pans up)
    I know about both, but I thought you cannot continue the combo outside of corner with King Servbot, but you're right, cancelling Raven Spike on the 6th hit does the trick. Can't find a follow-up after Chireitou at mid screen though, and I don't think wasting 3 bars doing Chireitou> tag in Jill> Raven Spike> Chireitou is a smart move, Hsien-Ko needs to be the one who you DHC into initially. It does work in the corner though.
    So Tron is an anchor then? Don't know, Wesker if definitely a better choice for projectile based teams, but how are you gonna fight with Tron last? I'm not a Tron expert, but it doesn't look like she can win alone.
    So should I have the team as Jill/Tron/Wesker? At least that way, I can get Tron on point with Wesker as anchor, or Wesker on point with Jill as anchor.

To be honest, I'm quite sure what I need to do with this team just yet. I don't feel very comfortable with most of the projectile characters save for Trish and Taskmaster so I'm wondering if I should swap Tron for one of these two, but then I lose that fire assist I've come to love so much.
  • Mo'SaltyMo'Salty Registered Boozer Joined: Posts: 22
    Jill ?/Sentinel ?/Akuma ?

This team utilizes almost every dirty trick in the book. From DHC scaling reset to sickeningly ambiguous cross-up and high-low barrages.

Jill can call either assist and use her gun super to OTG and reset a combo and will at worst be safe. With two amazing pressure assists, Jill can freely play her remarkable mixup game once she's in, and can combo off of her instant overhead with either assist. Each character can further their combos with each other character's assist in an intuitive manner.

What's more, this team boasts three characters with amazing comeback potential in most match-ups. This team also deals well with any specific team gimmick that comes to mind (including phoenix, boasting both Akuma's tatsu and beam super along with Jill's powerful new gun hyper).

I'm positive this team will be around for quite a long time. It's sickeningly powerful.
    When it rains...
    I know about both, but I thought you cannot continue the combo outside of corner with King Servbot, but you're right, cancelling Raven Spike on the 6th hit does the trick. Can't find a follow-up after Chireitou at mid screen though, and I don't think wasting 3 bars doing Chireitou> tag in Jill> Raven Spike> Chireitou is a smart move, Hsien-Ko needs to be the one who you DHC into initially. It does work in the corner though.

The way it worked out when I tested it for quite a while yesterday was like this:

If your back is to your own corner, you can do this combo as Hsien-ko to start:

(whatever) st:m: cr:h: :f::h:+(Arrow kick assist) :dp::m: (whiffs) (attack while falling) j:m: j:s: st:m: cr:h: st:s: :uf: j:m: j:m: j:s: (land) :qcf::atk::atk: -> raw tag, etc.

And even if you were in your own corner, the combo will send the opponent to the opposite corner so that you can follow up after the Raven Spike -> Chireitou DHC.

That's a good basic meterless/1-meter combo regardless, but if you were closer to midscreen at the start, you won't be able to do the DHC trick afterwards because you won't get full hits of Chireitou. In that case you just do the regular ground series -> air series -> Chireitou instead, and you should be able to get the corner combo after Raven Spike -> Chireitou.

If you were too close to the enemy corner to use Chireitou, it's sometimes possible to use the arrow kick assist to switch sides and launch them in the other direction. At that point you might be better off just keeping the corner position, though.

So,

- Too close to corner for Chireitou: switch sides, or just do regular combos
    - Midscreen: ground series -> air series -> Chireitou -> DHC trick
    - Too close to own corner: extended ground series -> air series -> Chireitou -> DHC trick

Of course, if you have an appropriate 3rd character you can just go to that character instead in corner combos. I'd probably aim for aerial exchange in that situation on the team with Tron on it.

I also found out while testing this stuff that it's possible to call the same assist twice in a combo under some circumstances, if I do that extended ground combo with Jill 3rd, then go Chireitou -> raw tag Raven Spike -> DHC King Servbot, then I could call Jill again, but I couldn't call Hsien-ko at all after that point. It still wouldn't wallbounce again though.
    Oh, I think you were asking for a followup if you start out with Jill midscreen and DHC to Chireitou. You have a lot of time after Chireitou to do whatever you want, especially since this one is closer to the opponent than Chireitou is usually used. You can probably raw tag back to Jill, wavedash in and combo.

But a simple one that doesn't involve tagging off Hsien-ko is dp+H (whiffs) and then j.M j.S while falling, land, st.M cr.H -> launcher -> aircombo. It adds about 400k after the Raven Spike with room to add more if you use more meter.
  • UltimaShadowUltimaShadow My Little Oni Joined: Posts: 848
    Jill and Akuma are two characters I've been using as well. The gimmicks they pull together are pretty sick.
    "The tragedy of all losers is that they THOUGHT they were on the verge of victory..."~ Joe the Condor
    SSF4AE Main: Oni (Sub: Cammy)
    UMvC3 Team: Nova/Frank West/Vergil (or Ghost Rider/Rocket Raccoon/Hawkeye)
    Oh, I think you were asking for a followup if you start out with Jill midscreen and DHC to Chireitou. You have a lot of time after Chireitou to do whatever you want, especially since this one is closer to the opponent than Chireitou is usually used. You can probably raw tag back to Jill, wavedash in and combo.

But a simple one that doesn't involve tagging off Hsien-ko is dp+H (whiffs) and then j.M j.S while falling, land, st.M cr.H -> launcher -> aircombo. It adds about 400k after the Raven Spike with room to add more if you use more meter.
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Hsien-ko, didn't even thought about using :dp:+:h: on whiff. I don't think tagging in Jill is a good idea though, outside of rare cases when you have full health.
  • tritan`tritan` Joined: Posts: 62
    Jill ?/Sentinel ?/Akuma ?

I'm positive this team will be around for quite a long time. It's sickeningly powerful.

This is the team i've been using since Jill was released. My order is Jill/Akuma/Sentinel.

My original team was Magneto/Akuma/Sentinel.

The problem is... I'm not sure if Jill has the tools to be as versatile/as effective as Magneto for my point character. I hope a top player like Justin shows what she can really do. I'll keep trying though.
  • scythe masterscythe master Joined: Posts: 402
    I personally like how her Gun Spray Hyper DHC's well into Ammy's Okami Shuffle, and if you get her Kick Hyper in the corner JUST right, possibly right into Ammy's L3.

not sure if you just haven't updated the first post, but there's no real point to DHCing raven->ammy lv.3..you can just do the mist super and get just as much if not more damage due to the DHC trick...only problem is it's kinda difficult to actually get the timing. Fortunately if ammy's in reflector you can wait for 6 hits of spike, DHC into mist, stance switch to sword and immediately do 236L 4-5 times into...whatever you want

that said, jill/ammy is an absolutely sick combination. ammy has a great assist (for ANY character really more so for teleporters) and DHC's pretty amazingly with jill, along with being a great character in general.

I'll probably do something like:
    Jill/ amaterasu/dorm
    mostly because I like all three characters and I can't figure out another character I really like that will work well with the first two
  • ShiawaseShiawase Joined: Posts: 270
    I haven't gotten my hands on Jill yet but does anyone have more input on the Jill/Tron/Ammy team that was mentioned on the first page? That's the team that I want to try out first.
  • Ketsueki_WolfKetsueki_Wolf Casual Gaymer Joined: Posts: 224
    What assists would work in a team of Jill/Chris/Wesker? I know Wesker's B assist is a must so what assists should chris & Jill use in this team?
    PSN: Ketsueki_Wolf
    SFIV: Vega. BlazBlue: Amane, Valkenhayn. Injustice: Arrow, Bane, Lobo. Mortal Kombat: Shang Tsung, Reptile.
    Tekken: Dragunov, King, Lei Wulong. SCV: Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Raphael
    Chris's mine is pretty good with Jill, but then again, Wesker B can get the job done soon, so I'd with Gun Fire M. Jill's arrow kick is pretty useful for any team.
    "The tragedy of all losers is that they THOUGHT they were on the verge of victory..."~ Joe the Condor
  • Mo'SaltyMo'Salty Registered Boozer Joined: Posts: 22
    This is the team i've been using since Jill was released. My order is Jill/Akuma/Sentinel.

My original team was Magneto/Akuma/Sentinel.

The problem is... I'm not sure if Jill has the tools to be as versatile/as effective as Magneto for my point character. I hope a top player like Justin shows what she can really do. I'll keep trying though.

While it's a pity you have to sacrifice the flight and the disruptor, I think your new team will pay off in a lot of ways. It's just a real pain to cancel every thing with down down S. I must look crazy when I'm playing Jill. I move my stick as much as zangief scrubs.

Anyhow, consider putting the robot second for a cheap DHC damage scale reset or the ability to kill two characters more easily than with Akuma. (it can definitely be done with Akuma second, just not as simply)
    When it rains...
    Chris's mine is pretty good with Jill, but then again, Wesker B can get the job done soon, so I'd with Gun Fire M. Jill's arrow kick is pretty useful for any team.
    No reason to use Mine if you already have Wesker ? on the team. Chris's Gunfire is infinitely better for the team because it lock the opponent for a long time and allows teleport shenanigans.

Also, the Jill - ?/Sentinel - ?/??? looks to be a ridiculously good team setup, even though I don't like using him.
  • DigitalDigital Joined: Posts: 6
    I feel like Jill and Wesker are a great combo, fast OTG assist, DHC trick, etc.
    The last slot varies. I actually really like Chris there (Plus you get the STARS team)
    Just wondering though..what's the best way to use Jill-B assist on this team? Just throw it out there? It seems dangerous to just go for it.
  • ShiawaseShiawase Joined: Posts: 270
    Copy-pasting this from the Doom thread. I need all the help I can get.

When I purchase Jill later today I'm going to try something like Jill(?)/Tron(Fire)/Doom(Missiles/Rocks). I figured that both of my assists could help Jill get in and start doing her crazy mixups. Plus I've gotten so used to Tron/Doom that it's hard to play anything else. :rofl: I'm not sure which Doom assist to use. Rocks helps a lot with Tron's corner combos but missiles is better (in my opinion) for getting in.

Does anyone have any tips for this team?
  • RpgRpg Joined: Posts: 61
    The team im using as of now is Jill/wesker/ dorm. I have set dorms to his dark hole assist & wesker to his gun unless i should switch it around or something.
    ?di=1214158255111
    Copy-pasting this from the Doom thread. I need all the help I can get.

When I purchase Jill later today I'm going to try something like Jill(?)/Tron(Fire)/Doom(Missiles/Rocks). I figured that both of my assists could help Jill get in and start doing her crazy mixups. Plus I've gotten so used to Tron/Doom that it's hard to play anything else. :rofl: I'm not sure which Doom assist to use. Rocks helps a lot with Tron's corner combos but missiles is better (in my opinion) for getting in.

Does anyone have any tips for this team?

Personally, I prefer rocks to missiles since they are relatively slow moving thus you can move behind them. Missiles are really good too, but Doom stays out too long and it's a risk calling him. Plus the missiles can sometimes screw you up midcombo.
  • Omega1Omega1 Joined: Posts: 6
    Hello all first post here on the forums thought I could contribute to the ongoing discussion of one of my favorite charcters in MVC3 with my two cents.

The team I'm currently using is affectionetly nicknamed Beasts & Demons:

Jill (Arrow Kick)
    Amaterasu (Cold Star)
    Dante (Crystal)

Strengths: Versatliy, this team allows for what I believe is an amazing amount of flexablity. Ama's Cold Star can be used as a way for Jill or Dante to approach and in Jill's case can cause nasty mix ups when used with ferral dashes. Dante's Crystal can be used to extend Ama's and Jill's combos because of it's OTG propertiys and provide corner support. Although a bit slow for my taste Jill's arrow kick can be used as a spacing tool for ama a wall bounce combo opener for Dante and in certain situations as a GTFO move.

If I swap the order and place Dante on point and Jill on clutch that of course opens up lvl 3 X-Factor and paired with Mad Beast...G.G XD

I've used this team with the charcter's in various spots but I haven't found one yet that they tend to work poorly from, all three seem to have quite a bit of synergy and utlity. It seems fairly strong against most of the match ups I've faced losing only to a Zero, Magneto, Dark Phoenix team (Mainly Dark Phoenix) and a Trish, Doom, Dormamu team.

And lastly everyone's favorite robot seems to fall exceptionally hard against this team.

Weaknesses: The low stamina of the team can be a deciding factor and obviously this team is not meant for prolonged fights. Your goal should be to take advantage of your versatlity and rush out your opponent however if your opponent can shut you out or get Dark Phoenix, you can expect to fall fairly quickly (although that could be more due to my lack of skill than a weakness with the team).

A team dedicated to keep out might also be a potential weakness for these guys as noted above being one of two teams I lost to.

Lastly depending on the order of the team DHCing may not be as potent as some other combonations.

Closing: I hope you all will give this team a try, imo it's a winner. I look foreward to any feedback any of you are willing to provide.:tup:
  • double Fdouble F Joined: Posts: 653
    I figured something out with Chris Redfield's mine assist last night.

After Jill does anything that can be followed up with her Fallen Prey OTG (air combo, throw, whatever), if you call Chris' mine just before doing Fallen Prey, the explosion won't go off until Jill is finished that move.

So you can do whatever -> call mine assist -> Fallen Prey OTG -> mine explodes and pops them back off the ground again -> re-launch / hyper / whatevs.

The assist needs to be called slightly before you do Fallen Prey, otherwise it will explode too late after fallen prey
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 683
    Jill/Zero/Sent and Jill/Zero/Taskmaster are both teams that I am having fun with now. Jill/Zero/Sent is very dangerous, the all DHC together pretty great and Sent helps Jill and Zero's teleports. The dangerous thing is that if Jill lands any hits near a corner, you can DHC into Zero out of Jill's srk super to do the DHC trick and kill a character.

I've been running Jill and zero as well. Specifically Jill(flip Kick)/Zero(shippuga)/Doom(plasma beam). You may already know this, but you don't need a corner to DHC into zero and kill a character; if you DHC the last hit of Jill's srk hyper it will put your opponent in an unrecoverable floaty spinny state (sorry don't know what exactly it's called) and they will be in the air FOREVER. So long in fact that you have plenty of time to run up with zero in sougenmu and just do a j.h, j.s loop. I am still experimenting with max damage combos, but you can easily break 900k.
  • spinesharkspineshark whooosh Joined: Posts: 34
    I know about both, but I thought you cannot continue the combo outside of corner with King Servbot, but you're right, cancelling Raven Spike on the 6th hit does the trick.
    You can cancel the last hit into king Servbot as well and get that extra 45k first. The timing is tighter, but I can't figure out anything you can do off of the 6th hit that you can't if you wait for the 7th. Then again, my Tron is really sloppy since even though I've played her since the game came out I still autopilot a lot of stupid things I picked up when I didn't understand the game at all, so there's probably something I don't know.
    '"SBO is the ongoing tradition to determine Japan's luckiest player" - Darth Lord Chou'
    "...Chou didn't say that, it was his friend logging into his twitter." - Emil
  • Crimson CobraCrimson Cobra Gigas Breaker!!! Joined: Posts: 1,653
    Jill(Arrow Kick)
    Arthur(Dagger Toss)
    Sentinel(Sentinel Force Charge)

any comments on this team?
    it's my current setup

Jill As The Leader And Speed
    Arthur As The keep away master/Support
    And Sentinel As The Tank/Support
    SSF4AE: Zangief/Evil Ryu
    SFXT: Poison/Zangief
    BB: tager
    UMVC3: Nemesis/Akuma/Arthur
  • justimjustim Shingo Kick! Joined: Posts: 15
    Jill (Arrow Kick)
    Amaterasu (Cold Star)
    Dante (Crystal)
    Lastly depending on the order of the team DHCing may not be as potent as some other combonations.

No matter what character is where you can do pretty stupid combos with that team utilizing the dhc trick.
  • SwilloSwillo Joined: Posts: 51
    A couple teams I'm using. Zero (Hadengeki M) Jill (Flip Kick), Taskmaster (aim master H).

Zero on point for meter building. Jill comes in with meter to play around with machine gun punishes and DHC, and finally task who is a great anchor character and partner for Jill.

I also have Jill (arrow kick) Storm (whirlwind) Sentinel (sentinel force L)

I loved this team to death, but not nearly as appealing anymore with the health nerf on Sentinel. Jill is used for building meter in this group, and she has 2 great assists to work with. Storm and Sentinel clean up any leftovers with the meter Jill built up.
    PSN: PandaKingEX
    ANARCHY REIGNS ALL DAY.
  • The Mad KingThe Mad King Hyou~ Joined: Posts: 262
    With Sentinel health nerf, Doom is now an even better assist character to have for Jill just because he doesn't bleed as badly if he gets hit while he's called in.