Post pictures of your SF/entertainment setup!

2456752

Comments

  • CrotchMonkeyCrotchMonkey G-R-A-S-P Joined: Posts: 691
    if you want send me the pic through aim or something and i can put it on the thread
    "War is ugly, but to be dominated is uglier." -Imam Khomeini

    SA.M at his finest:
    TheMotherFknTime: YOU WANT PAIN
    TheMotherFknTime: YOU WANT PAIN
    TheMotherFknTime: AEGIS REFLECTOR
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    if you want send me the pic through aim or something and i can put it on the thread

    thanks for the offer, i'll take you up on it soon.

    currently im using public pcs / net access. so i needed that link to work. no personal hard drive atm, or ability to install , aim / mirc etc.

    subz
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Dios <-X-> wrote:
    *Chick on TV*

    She looks hot. Hook up the porn. =)


    All this spoiled shit is retarded. If you work hard enough to earn enough cash to have left over spoils, you deserve it.

    My Digi-Cam has been broted, so no pics. I'll buy one next pay check(oh em gee, spoil) and show off my shitty stuff.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    http://img214.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img214&image=naomicabxbox3rdstrike3jg.jpg

    apologies, i linked to it wrong. somehow got lots of ....'s in the link.

    anyways, all your TV's (cough, haha, laugh, hmm,) look sick.

    sub
  • ParryPerson.ParryPerson. It is done. Joined: Posts: 4,011
    I know this is a stupid question but what is the name of that yellow stick you have?

    My setup is too messy to take a picture of.


    It's the Hori/Namco PS1 stick, even though it was made by Hori, everyone just calls it the Namco stick.

    And I'm not spoiled, I saved for everything I own, and I do live on my own, so it's not like I have someone else buying my stuff.

    Found the Namco for 10 bucks at a country resale shop still in the box.
    Avatar by Muffin
    #LAFGC on EFNet

    <MrWizard> ive pre banned parry from evo south
    <[Parry]> This is because I ditched helping on the smash brackets isn't it
    <MrWizard> yep
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    MeanGreen wrote:
    holy shit you have a gx tv i want one of those dont know why, been trying to find for a while

    room0018hg.jpg
    room0023lx.jpg
    room0036xx.jpg
    room0042cf.jpg


    OHH GOD!! this is like my own dream...seroiusly,this is the best room ever!! in my ENTIRE LIFE!! i wish i had something crazy and fanatic like that....gaah man, best shit tell now :tup:
  • Phil McFlyPhil McFly Technologic Joined: Posts: 319 mod
    Dreamcast looks that way cause it fell out of my trunk on the interstate into a ditch.

    Uhhhh... dare I ask?

    **********

    My messy ass shit

    This TV's fucked up... anything white (like ryu) that goes to the far right turns purple... and all black is more like an odd green
    room01.jpg

    Uhh don't mind all the CD/DVD-Rs
    room02.jpg
    Everything on the bottom in the cabinet with the door is my Nine Inch Nails collection... (prettymuch ever single Halo (1-20) US/UK/Jap... although not all is shown)

    **********

    A link to the live forums where we did a thread like this
    http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92902

    (Dork Tower's got mad shit)

    **********

    This room beats us all combined
    http://www.nescapades.com/gameroom.htm

    -McFly
    "What happened @ Evo last night, I went to XS."
  • CrusaderCrusader old man Joined: Posts: 158 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    MeanGreen wrote:
    holy shit you have a gx tv i want one of those dont know why, been trying to find for a while

    room0018hg.jpg
    room0023lx.jpg
    room0036xx.jpg
    room0042cf.jpg
    Holy shit, that is awesome.

    And fuck the haters.
    "You have money and lots of stuff, therefore you should be ASHAMED of yourself!!"
    LOL, go back to playing playstation 1 on your 15 year old 8 inch TV, kid.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Crusader wrote:
    Holy shit, that is awesome.

    And fuck the haters.
    "You have money and lots of stuff, therefore you should be ASHAMED of yourself!!"
    LOL, go back to playing playstation 1 on your 15 year old 8 inch TV, kid.

    rofl...dude...i can bet my my 3rd testicle that 90% of these guys are spoiled by their rents...what independent guy do u know that has a room that looks like a fucking anime convention? yeah thought so...
  • MeanGreenMeanGreen KnuckaWut Joined: Posts: 108
    since when does having wall scolls make you spoiled, they're like 15 bucks old ones i can get for like 10

    anyone know where i can get one of those gx tv's i think that's what they were called
    NARFLE THE GARTHOK!
    Wii Number - 2197-5054-3436-5827
  • kin3tixkin3tix Joined: Posts: 1,205
    Phil McFly wrote:
    This room beats us all combined
    http://www.nescapades.com/gameroom.htm

    :wow: wow...that's....too insane...
    III. Fujr.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    i'll post pics soon of my setup when i get home. funny, i have the same tv as several people on here, everyone shopping at costco these days?
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    rofl...dude...i can bet my my 3rd testicle that 90% of these guys are spoiled by their rents...what independent guy do u know that has a room that looks like a fucking anime convention? yeah thought so...

    huh? since when does room decoration relate to one's independence?
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • dummyfacedummyface Fatal Fury > SF Joined: Posts: 190
    huh? since when does room decoration relate to one's independence?
    No shit.
    This guy just needs to STFU.
    Who cares if mom & dad buy all kinds of shit for them.
    I sure as hell don't.
    Of all the motherfuckers on earth, you're the motherfuckest.
    XBL - Doc128c
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    dummyface wrote:
    No shit.
    This guy just needs to STFU.
    Who cares if mom & dad buy all kinds of shit for them.
    I sure as hell don't.

    seriously, people waste way too much time thinking about how others live. why even start the thought proccess to begin with? is it jealousy or simple insecurity?
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    seriously, people waste way too much time thinking about how others live. why even start the thought proccess to begin with? is it jealousy or simple insecurity?

    lol...it's not hate and it's definetly not jealousy...it's reality...have you guys even bothered to check out some of the pics in this thread?? There are ppl with like dual pimped out mass sticks, flat screen tv's, 5 systems with like 50+ games, and tons of other expensive toys...that's spoiled, but w/e keep on thinking you're not
  • MeanGreenMeanGreen KnuckaWut Joined: Posts: 108
    lol...it's not hate and it's definetly not jealousy...it's reality...have you guys even bothered to check out some of the pics in this thread?? There are ppl with like dual pimped out mass sticks, flat screen tv's, 5 systems with like 50+ games, and tons of other expensive toys...that's spoiled, but w/e keep on thinking you're not


    NAH, thats balling outta control i work two jobs for my shit
    NARFLE THE GARTHOK!
    Wii Number - 2197-5054-3436-5827
  • canoshizcanoshiz u mad Joined: Posts: 574
    Phil McFly wrote:

    This room beats us all combined
    http://www.nescapades.com/gameroom.htm

    -McFly
    My jaw literally dropped.
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Fuck It
    It Doesnt Have Any Arcade Sticks :clap:
    Fight For The Future!!
  • kofiendkofiend Registered User Joined: Posts: 1,227
    i just got a ps2 stick, don t own any systems
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    There are ppl with like dual pimped out mass sticks, flat screen tv's, 5 systems with like 50+ games, and tons of other expensive toys...

    and? i don't understand the point. we know they have that stuff, if its not hate or animosity you hold, why bring it up? why point out how they may have gotten it? your attempt was to diminish their own possessions because of person who may have purchased it, that seems rather closed minded.
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Here's my shitty, broke ass setup I play on just about every day.

    I'm poor.


    EEEEYYY! This place looks Familliar.....and so does that tizoc.........hmmmm do i know you CarpenoctemXIII? :clap: :tup:

    Bitch i should be up in the air (fucking up a 360) \m/
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    DSC00045.jpg
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    and? i don't understand the point. we know they have that stuff, if its not hate or animosity you hold, why bring it up? why point out how they may have gotten it? your attempt was to diminish their own possessions because of person who may have purchased it, that seems rather closed minded.

    first of all, ppl who focus on material possessions are closed minded, not me...i don't need a truck load of game junk to keep me happy. Second of all, the point is that ppl who have so much shit are spoiled...no person needs that much fucking entertainment in their room...you may as well rent a room at electronic boutique and live there. Don't try to make me sound like I'm hating on the rich or something. I feel sorry for ppl who need all that shit, because it shows they're so empty inside, they need all that crap to keep em happy.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    first of all, ppl who focus on material possessions are closed minded, not me...i don't need a truck load of game junk to keep me happy. Second of all, the point is that ppl who have so much shit are spoiled...no person needs that much fucking entertainment in their room...you may as well rent a room at electronic boutique and live there. Don't try to make me sound like I'm hating on the rich or something. I feel sorry for ppl who need all that shit, because it shows they're so empty inside, they need all that crap to keep em happy.

    i don't NEED crap to make me happy. i want fighting games to play and enjoy, and if i can buy better equipment for that, like an hrap with sanwa buttons...then i'm gonna do it. its my hobby, why not splurge on it? some people buy nice cars, or a nice house, or better golf clubs...i buy stuff to make my fighting game experience more enjoyable. that doesn't make me shallow or un-enlightened, that makes me a person with a hobby. i'm a hippy liberal...i understand the philosophy. i do, but i don't see a kid who is given stuff by his/her parent as a negative. if they do not appreciate said stuff, then there is a problem, but in the fact that these people are proud enough to show it off, i'm sure they make use of it. spoiled kids are annoying, but so is hearing people bitch about em,...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • KneelB4MeKneelB4Me CVS2! Joined: Posts: 810
    I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them.
    More K less A
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    KneelB4Me wrote:
    I disagree with what THEgeese is saying.

    http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc003671eu.jpg

    yeah a spoiled brat like you would disagree...gj

    PS. halo sucks the motherload
  • SiLLiEMutAfuKASiLLiEMutAfuKA aka SmF Joined: Posts: 1,492
    Why does everyone have 2 Xboxes? Rich boys..

    =[
    Zenpou Tenshin~!
  • UltraDavidUltraDavid commenta..ttorney?? Joined: Posts: 6,053
    Seriously. It's not like I get stuff and not understand how sweet and lucky it is that I do and be thankful that I can get it. My dad works his ass off 7 days a week and comes home at 1 in the morning if he's lucky so that we can afford to take cool trips together, my brothers and I can go to good schools, we can go to sports events or movies together, and we can afford cool things that we use together. I have every intention of doing the very same thing so that I can do the same kinds of cool things with my kids and give them the same kind of stuff I had. When I get out of school in three years, I'll probably be working 80-hour weeks with $100k in student loans so that I can get started on providing stuff for the kids I hope to have a decade from now. If that's spoiled, then whatever.

    I don't get everything I want, I don't get the most expensive things, I don't get them whenever I want, and I don't take the things I do get for granted. That customized MAS stick? I bought the stick on Ebay for $30 and it cost me $40 to buy the stuff I needed to mod it myself, and the SFAE stick cost me $40 on Ebay and I modded it myself with like $30 in parts. I'm sorry you don't have the same things I do and the last thing I want is to seem like I'm lording over you, seriously. It's just the luck of the draw. Plenty of people have plenty more stuff than I do, but whatever. That's how life is, enjoy what you have.

    Edit: It's not like you guys are poor. No one with the extra money to have a personal computer, access to the internet, the tv/monitor, controller/stick, and consoles needed to play Street Fighter at home, the ability to spend lots of money (over the long term) at expensive arcade machines in an arcade, and even the geographical proximity to an area wealthy enough to have an arcade, as well as the luxury time required to sit at the computer and talk online with people about this stuff, play Street Fighter at home, and spend time going to, playing at, and returning from the arcade, not to mention the time it must consume to play Street Fighter as often and as fervently as you must to have sought out an online Street Fighter website like this one, is in any sense poor. In fact, compared to most people in the world, you are startlingly well-off. Man, I wonder what the kids in North Korea starving to death would say if they had the extra time or money to read you complaining about how materially lacking your life is.
    Your legal insider in entertainment and video games!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    www.twitter.com/UltraDavid
    www.facebook.com/UltraDavidFB
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I think some of you are confused...the people who agree with me are not saying they're poor...I'm not poor...95% of the people in this thread are prolly pretty well off. But there is a HUGE difference between SPOILED...and well off. When most of the people showing off their rooms have at least three consoles, tons of games, tons of useless toys, nice flat panel tv's, nice sound systems, nice computers, and overall nice rooms, there's a reason to call em out of the pussy rich boys they are.

    PS. I have played at the arcade basically all my life, and it doesn't cost much at all. When we still had our arcade, and our sticks still worked, I could spend 10 hours there on maybe 5 bucks max.
  • OnikageOnikage Chaot Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    These forums would be so much better off without (THE)Geese.
    If nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Handsome fighters never lose battles.
    How can you not?
    Keystone III Mid-Boss
  • CrusaderCrusader old man Joined: Posts: 158 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Onikage wrote:
    The world would be so much better off without people like (THE)Geese.
    fixed. :tup:
  • KneelB4MeKneelB4Me CVS2! Joined: Posts: 810
    When most of the people showing off their rooms have at least three consoles, tons of games, tons of useless toys, nice flat panel tv's, nice sound systems, nice computers, and overall nice rooms, there's a reason to call em out of the pussy rich boys they are.

    Explain yourself. You built up that whole section towards there being a reason but you didnt give one. If you buy yourself something, you earnt it because it was your own money to spend. (IMO, since some people here disagree :confused:)

    If the Halo comment was towards me then I agree. Shit games.
    I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them.
    More K less A
  • Phil McFlyPhil McFly Technologic Joined: Posts: 319 mod
    Why does everyone have 2 Xboxes? Rich boys..

    =[

    Bought a broken one on ebay for like 30 bucks, switched the cases, and used my friend's warranty to get a new one.

    One is for live... the other is for mod.

    -McFly
    "What happened @ Evo last night, I went to XS."
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
  • MeanGreenMeanGreen KnuckaWut Joined: Posts: 108
    your wife have any sisters :badboy: :party:
    NARFLE THE GARTHOK!
    Wii Number - 2197-5054-3436-5827
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    MeanGreen wrote:
    your wife have any sisters :badboy: :party:

    Yes she does, but she's jailbait.
  • The MullahThe Mullah lk kara throw repeat Joined: Posts: 2,666
    nah it's fun to have jealous peoplel ike the geese, makes it all the more sweet to have more superficial toys than they do.

    seriously, it's not a question of being spoiled if you're buying it yourself. at the end of the day, if they use the dreamcast to play garou etc, xbox for live, 2nd xbox for roms, ps2 for ps2 exclusives etc, then you cant say shit.

    Why does having all that junk make them pussies? seriously, you could make a decent point if you controlled your jealousy a little bit.What you should be saying is you people are geeks to have that much videogame crap in your bedroom. Which would make you a hypocrite because you've spentm uch of your life wasting money playing games too.

    you're pretty pathetic, i feel sorry for such a weak person like you.

    apropos - get a life.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    ok, here's my not so grand setup.

    my 3 consoles, a consolized 2 slot mvs, a snes and a ps2 w/hd
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05191.jpg

    my neo geo games
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05194.jpg

    my ps2 games and gba
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05195.jpg

    my 3 sticks, the hraps have sanwa buttons and the sc2 stick has been converted to work on my neo-geo.
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05193.jpg

    my tv
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05190.jpg

    i don't have that nice of a setup, but it gets me by...plus i can play garou on a real neo-geo motherboard anytime i want, that makes me happy enough...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    first of all, ppl who focus on material possessions are closed minded, not me...i don't need a truck load of game junk to keep me happy. Second of all, the point is that ppl who have so much shit are spoiled...no person needs that much fucking entertainment in their room...you may as well rent a room at electronic boutique and live there. Don't try to make me sound like I'm hating on the rich or something. I feel sorry for ppl who need all that shit, because it shows they're so empty inside, they need all that crap to keep em happy.
    I think some of you are confused...the people who agree with me are not saying they're poor...I'm not poor...95% of the people in this thread are prolly pretty well off. But there is a HUGE difference between SPOILED...and well off. When most of the people showing off their rooms have at least three consoles, tons of games, tons of useless toys, nice flat panel tv's, nice sound systems, nice computers, and overall nice rooms, there's a reason to call em out of the pussy rich boys they are.

    PS. I have played at the arcade basically all my life, and it doesn't cost much at all. When we still had our arcade, and our sticks still worked, I could spend 10 hours there on maybe 5 bucks max.

    There really isn't much logic in how you see people "spoiled" because what they have in there room.

    And whats this "I know these people are empty because of all the video game stuff they got in there room" crap. Go back to watching your MTV and jacking off the newest sell-out singers.
    I wonder whats in your room?
    If it's nothing but band posters then you obviously have nothing better to do then listen to shit.
    If it's a bunch of skateboarding posters then your OBVIOUSLY a pot head, ZOMG!11!1!
    If you have nothing special in your room then your OBVIOUSLY begging for attention for the lack of inspiration or motivations that you fail to achieve in life.

    Stereo-typing others for what they got in there room does not make you a better person, just makes you sound like a dumbshit who has no idea what they are talking about.

    Bottom Line: SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

    Oh and you spent $5 max play at an Arcade for 10 hours?!?!?
    Jesus, was this some kind of daily thing? 'Cause you are either A) Really good, or B) You have alot of fuckin' time on your hands.
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • MeanGreenMeanGreen KnuckaWut Joined: Posts: 108
    ok, here's my not so grand setup.

    my 3 consoles, a consolized 2 slot mvs, a snes and a ps2 w/hd
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05191.jpg

    my neo geo games
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05194.jpg

    my ps2 games and gba
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05195.jpg

    my 3 sticks, the hraps have sanwa buttons and the sc2 stick has been converted to work on my neo-geo.
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05193.jpg

    my tv
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05190.jpg

    i don't have that nice of a setup, but it gets me by...plus i can play garou on a real neo-geo motherboard anytime i want, that makes me happy enough...
    arcade mark of the wolves whenever you want wins
    NARFLE THE GARTHOK!
    Wii Number - 2197-5054-3436-5827
  • CrusaderCrusader old man Joined: Posts: 158 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It must be nice to have a wife who supports that. Every girlfriend I've ever had really hated my hobby.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    The Mullah wrote:
    nah it's fun to have jealous peoplel ike the geese, makes it all the more sweet to have more superficial toys than they do.

    seriously, it's not a question of being spoiled if you're buying it yourself. at the end of the day, if they use the dreamcast to play garou etc, xbox for live, 2nd xbox for roms, ps2 for ps2 exclusives etc, then you cant say shit.

    Why does having all that junk make them pussies? seriously, you could make a decent point if you controlled your jealousy a little bit.What you should be saying is you people are geeks to have that much videogame crap in your bedroom. Which would make you a hypocrite because you've spentm uch of your life wasting money playing games too.

    you're pretty pathetic, i feel sorry for such a weak person like you.

    apropos - get a life.

    rofl ur such a fucking idiot...jealousy? hahahahaha. Dude, you're so clueless that it's actually pretty funny. I don't give a shit about material things. Why do you think one of the predominant themes when discussing enlightenment is the elimination of all material possessions and desires. I am perfectly happy without all this USELESS shit. I don't WANT or NEED a bunch of bullshit pics of fantasy anime sluts, Street Fighter figurines, a billion games and 10 systems, huge tv's, or 5000 watt sound systems. All I need is a Dreamcast and training mode. Who the fuck cares about the other trash and memorabilia you guys collect? Fucking superficial, cock gobbling thunder cunts (gotta love bt).
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Crusader wrote:
    It must be nice to have a wife who supports that. Every girlfriend I've ever had really hated my hobby.


    At first she wasn't too crazy about it but now she's becoming more and more addicted. Games like Forza, Puzzle Bobble, Karaoke Revolution, Kirby The Amazing Mirror and Garou are her current faves.

    She has a thing for Ryu

    I got her into playing SF2 but said that the SF2 series just doesn't have as much charm as Neo Geo. So yeah, she's a Neo Junkie
  • The MullahThe Mullah lk kara throw repeat Joined: Posts: 2,666
    i'm too poor to buy new things


    don't worry, if you get on the macdonalds fast track management ladder you can afford a shiny new ps2 in no time. It sucks to be poor i know, but you'll deal with it.

    edit: jsj, your wife is a beauty, you're a lucky man. good for you. :tup:
  • UltraDavidUltraDavid commenta..ttorney?? Joined: Posts: 6,053
    Using the exact same argument I could tell you that your playing SF on the DC in training mode is superficial and unnecessary when compared to the life of a child in the jungles of Guatemala. From his perspective, having a Dreamcast and the electricity, luxury time, and money for games, a controller, and a tv is superficial and unnecessary. You have material possessions, you have material desires, and you do care about material things, or else you wouldn't have and wouldn't do all the things I've already mentioned. You don't need a Dreamcast with training mode, trust me, you can live without it. Street Fighter is useless and unnecessary in the same way that a huge tv is useless and unnecessary. Neither is truly useless, they both quite obviously have uses, they're only useless in that they aren't absolutely necessary for continued survival of the human race. But that's just a dumb argument, really, unless you want to say that a life of utmost simplicity is the one you want to live, and I can't imagine you saying that considering your membership here. Street Fighter is unnecessary. You don't need it to live. So what? We both like it, it's a really interesting and engaging hobby. There is no qualitative difference between you and me in that regard, only quantitative.
    Your legal insider in entertainment and video games!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    www.twitter.com/UltraDavid
    www.facebook.com/UltraDavidFB
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    rofl ur such a fucking idiot...jealousy? hahahahaha. Dude, you're so clueless that it's actually pretty funny. I don't give a shit about material things. Why do you think one of the predominant themes when discussing enlightenment is the elimination of all material possessions and desires. I am perfectly happy without all this USELESS shit. I don't WANT or NEED a bunch of bullshit pics of fantasy anime sluts, Street Fighter figurines, a billion games and 10 systems, huge tv's, or 5000 watt sound systems. All I need is a Dreamcast and training mode. Who the fuck cares about the other trash and memorabilia you guys collect? Fucking superficial, cock gobbling thunder cunts (gotta love bt).

    I don't know you and you have the right to express your opinions freely on this board. The only reasons I collect this stuff is

    1. I love the games. I love the memories. Especially when I find most of the stuff at dirt cheap prices.
    2. 2D is dying and this is my way of preserving that fair time in the early 90's so that someday my kids can possibly appreciate the history of the best gaming decades the world has ever seen.
    3. It's a small investment. In 30 years this much of this stuff will be worth alot of money. I think I'll get more than what I put into this.

    Infact this is just a small part of what I collect. I've been doing this over the course of 6 years....picking up stuff here and there. It's not like I go out everyday and hunt for items.

    I'm a simple man. I love my games, love cars, love movies... I got a great job and wonderful woman who loves me....nothing wrong with a little hobby to help reminisce those good old days
  • CarpeNoctumXIIICarpeNoctumXIII The abyss gazes also Joined: Posts: 1,012
    ok, here's my not so grand setup.

    my 3 consoles, a consolized 2 slot mvs, a snes and a ps2 w/hd
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05191.jpg

    my neo geo games
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05194.jpg

    my ps2 games and gba
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05195.jpg

    my 3 sticks, the hraps have sanwa buttons and the sc2 stick has been converted to work on my neo-geo.
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05193.jpg

    my tv
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/stuff%20for%20srk/DSC05190.jpg

    i don't have that nice of a setup, but it gets me by...plus i can play garou on a real neo-geo motherboard anytime i want, that makes me happy enough...

    Best collection ever. I mean, when you have MotW, LB2 and KOF98 for the Neogeo, you kick ass. And is that a MvC2, brand new and wrapped I see?
    -The fact that a believer is happier than an atheist is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one-
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    UltraDavid wrote:
    Using the exact same argument I could tell you that your playing SF on the DC in training mode is superficial and unnecessary when compared to the life of a child in the jungles of Guatemala. From his perspective, having a Dreamcast and the electricity, luxury time, and money for games, a controller, and a tv is superficial and unnecessary. You have material possessions, you have material desires, and you do care about material things, or else you wouldn't have and wouldn't do all the things I've already mentioned. You don't need a Dreamcast with training mode, trust me, you can live without it. Street Fighter is useless and unnecessary in the same way that a huge tv is useless and unnecessary. Neither is truly useless, they both quite obviously have uses, they're only useless in that they aren't absolutely necessary for continued survival of the human race. But that's just a dumb argument, really, unless you want to say that a life of utmost simplicity is the one you want to live, and I can't imagine you saying that considering your membership here. Street Fighter is unnecessary. You don't need it to live. So what? We both like it, it's a really interesting and engaging hobby. There is no qualitative difference between you and me in that regard, only quantitative.


    more deserving of a rep than 99% of the posts on this site...+1 for that one from me...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    Best collection ever. I mean, when you have MotW, LB2 and KOF98 for the Neogeo, you kick ass. And is that a MvC2, brand new and wrapped I see?

    i don't have an xbox...i accidentally ordered an xbox version ages ago and never opened it. and before anyone asks, no i'm not selling it.

    while i'm waiting here to reply, lemme say, while i understand its purpose, the 240 sec rule can be kinda annoying sometimes...they need to have a graduated scale, like you have over 1000 posts, it goes down to 120 sec or something...iono...should be 240 sec by now...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
Sign In or Register to comment.