Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Comments

• avid9736avid9736 Joined: Posts: 4
    Don't mean to necro, but I'm a new(ish) player in Canada. I'll play anyone - criticism encouraged.

Game: SSF4 AE2012 (soon Ultra)
    Char: Juri
    PSN: Drakster12
  • alfredo gonzalezalfredo gonzalez nightmarex98 psn goodluck good game Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi guys im looking to improve for some tourneys in orlando fl, feel free to add me my psn is: fog_raven
    Main: dudley guile, working on rolento
  • jaydomjaydom Joined: Posts: 5
    hi everyone i am new to here. just got a ps3 and SF4AE version and from singapore. hoping to find some players to learn/spar with. or anyone sharing their USF4 account for $9-$10 :)
  • LaxjpLaxjp Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys, Brand new to this forum and pretty fresh on Ultra street fighter 4, I'm looking for other players to play with if anyones willing to play my Id is Laxjp on psn.
  • xx007iamxx007iam Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey all. Canadian player trying to get back in to SF. I'm not new to the game, just a bit bad, heh.

I'm looking for sparing partners. I don't care if you can't throw plasma or you will perfect me every round. I'm fine with ether!

xx007iam is my psn. Feel free to add me.

Thanks!
  • 419DP419DP Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey people, Londoner here and new to the game been playing a week or so and starting to warm towards what currently looks to be my character adon.

LF a sparring partner, on my side I'd like to work on footsies and bnb combos.Hit me up on psn: xFOR_WUN_N9NEx
  • ThaBiggBaddWolfThaBiggBaddWolf Kono bega sama ga aite shiteyaru. Joined: Posts: 34
    Yo. Looking for a training buddy. I'm decent with Bise already, but I can stand to be way better. If anyone who is on often would like to take me up on this, add me. My PSN name is the same name here.
  • TheStrongBananaTheStrongBanana Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello, pretty new to SF4, I know all the basics of the game but I just have trouble in match putting it all together. Especially because everyone else has been playing the game for so long. I'm on PSN, my ID is same as my username "TheStrongBanana".
  • AvailableNameAvailableName Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey dudes, I've been playing sfiv for a while but I've bee trying to take it more seriously in addition to a character switch. I'm on pretty much every day after 5pm CST, my psn is Physalis69. Hit me up for some games!
  • RekkasRekkas Joined: Posts: 171
    Add me Omgitzdoom if you're fairly new to the game.
  • FearTheFuhajinFearTheFuhajin Trying to git gud Joined: Posts: 213
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys, I'm on the fence on making the switch from XBL to PSN (ps3 is in my brothers room, so the 360 is in mine and I'm thinking about trading it in and getting my own). Is the "online struggle" as real as some people make it out to be? I'd hate to trade in my 360 and not have any competition or get my matches ruined due to lag and whatnot.
    ~ Thanks in advance!
    Playstation Network: TaiteFGC
    Steam ID: TaiteFGC

UMVC3 Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye (RIP MAHVEL)
    SFV Juri (Character Crisis atm though)
    GGXrd Faust

I wish I could change my username...
    Check out this guide created by myself and the boys over at the Sakura thread (RIP USF4): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eeIc5GM3waM3fYhz2UefmD9gznynb56yeMFD16MYLhQ/pub
  • BrriianBrriian Joined: Posts: 8
    I'm pretty new to SF and want to get better. Let's play.
    "Brriian-"
  • Maximum DriveMaximum Drive Joined: Posts: 12
    Trying to get back into the groove of things. Fairly decent but by no means perfect. PSN is DivinityRider
  • ClunkClunk Joined: Posts: 2
    Trying to improve my game and would like at least a few people to add to friends to play with every now and again. My fundamentals are pretty poor so that will most likely be what i'll focus on for a while. PSN is Clunk551
    Hey guys, I'm on the fence on making the switch from XBL to PSN (ps3 is in my brothers room, so the 360 is in mine and I'm thinking about trading it in and getting my own). Is the "online struggle" as real as some people make it out to be? I'd hate to trade in my 360 and not have any competition or get my matches ruined due to lag and whatnot.
    ~ Thanks in advance!

I haven't noticed PSN matches being bad at all however I only play people with green connection and on training stage. There is definitely less people playing on PSN vs. 360 (from what I can see on streams / videos, don't have an xbox myself) but I've always been able to find a non-lagging match within a minute or two. I think people go over the top with the PSN hate, just because it's worse doesn't mean it's not playable. (however I would choose xbox personally if given the chance lol)
    PSN: Clunk551

USF4 Characters: Makoto
  • eltwopeeeltwopee Learn 2 Play Joined: Posts: 1,578
    edited August 2014
    GGs to everyone I owned last night. And especialy GGs to the few that beat me. PSN - eltwopee
  • docbrown1985docbrown1985 Dr. Emmet L Brown Joined: Posts: 12
    :D
    693zbq.jpg
  • IR_Baboon2IR_Baboon2 Joined: Posts: 128
    edited August 2014
    Australian PSN players:

Having bad experiences online in Ultra. Almost every single match is with someone who is very new and inexperienced. Nothing against those players but it gets very boring and I gain nothing from fighting them. Looking for players my skill or better (around 1-3k PP range) that I can spar with and hopefully we improve a little bit too. On AE I was about 2000K PP and I use Guile, Boxer and Dictator mainly. My PSN ID is the same as my account name here. Feel free to add me or shoot me a message if you want to play.
  • AC_LerokAC_Lerok Joined: Posts: 1
    Been playing casually since vanilla, but never really dug into online play seriously. Trying to get back in with a little more focus on playing correctly. In the midwest looking for fellow scrubs to practice with online, or anyone willing to beat some fundamentals into me.

PSN: ACLerok212
  • ozmanloveozmanlove Joined: Posts: 3
    Hello everyone.
    I live in the UK, psn: ozmanlove

Ryu and Cammy are my pals. I am a relative beginner. I would like to have regular online fights to improve.

I also play Soul Caliber.

Feel free to add me.
    "You've come a thousand years too soon!" - Edge Master.
  • randomhighfivesrandomhighfives Joined: Posts: 8
    Looking for people to spar with from time to time. My main is E.Ryu. Other characters are Abel, Fei-Long and Dudley. My PP is usually from 1800-2100. Add me and tell me your from SRK!

psn: RandomHigh5s
  • EXKayoEXKayo Joined: Posts: 10
    edited August 2014
    Looking for a Solid Ryu and or Decapre player to mentor / beat my ass or someone to just train with im on quite often.

PSN: kayo_24
  • altogether_altogether_ Joined: Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    I'm a Ryu, Guile, Akuma, Gief player and I'm trying to get better. let's spar

Edit: derp forgot my psn is the same as the user name.
  • MikeandIke12MikeandIke12 Average player. Joined: Posts: 36
    Looking for people to play with. I play with Decapre, Cammy, and I can play Ryu too. Psn is MikeandIke12
  • ef937ef937 Joined: Posts: 1
    Been playing casually up until Ultra. Trying to get rid of the scrub moves and getting more into the technical stuff. Maining Sagat (Only character I've ranked up to C). Also playing/training with Juri and Zangief
    PP: Usually lower than 1000
    I don't mind a proper ass kicking at all. Need to learn matches no matter what. lol

PSN:ef937 / SoCal Player
  • BlueDemon_ZBlueDemon_Z Joined: Posts: 3
    Hi! I play SF for quite some time now. Some years i just did it for fun. Jumping HK and sweep, stuff like that.
    But now im trying to get more into the game and increase my Guy. There is no other char im
    really familiar with (in terms of playing) . However, i also play Gen, Akuma, Evil Ryu and Oni and im moving
    between 2,8-3,2k PP. I play SSF4AE, but getting Ultra tomorrow.

Iam from Germany/Austria.
    People form Europe, Britain and near by are welcome to add me if they just want to train
    or think they can help me improve my game. Well, anybody can add me, as long as the connection
    bar ist at least orange :smile: PSN: BlueDemon-Z

cheers
  • SargeSpartaSargeSparta Joined: Posts: 14
    I play USFIV on PSN as SargeSparta. My mains are Ken, Cammy, and Poison. HMU.
  • nixodemus1nixodemus1 Joined: Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    Yo I play ultra street fighter 4. I live in north Carolina. I main ken. I'm still pretty booby, so hoping someone can be my sparring partner and teach me a few tricks. :)
    Psn: nixodemus1
  • iWinWeDateiWinWeDate Whiff punish everything. Joined: Posts: 298
    I main ken but im from the uk so wont be able to play a lot of people on here. Psn is sora3960
  • RGOnautRGOnaut Joined: Posts: 20
    Hit me up if you wanna do some matches! I'm down in SoCal and am always up for some practice. PSN: RGOnaut
  • BossguyBossguy Still Training... Joined: Posts: 19
    Hey, RGO! We fought yesterday.

I live on the west coast of the US. Looking for people who can help me improve. My main is Chun, and I usually hover around the 600-1000 PP range. Looking for peeps higher than that. :)

PSN: bossguyplanet
    PSN: bossguyplanet
  • Haitian AkumaHaitian Akuma Joined: Posts: 38
    PSN_haitian_akuma. My main is pretty obvious. Also looking to train another player. Looking to join Orlando tournament next year. Location : Orlando Florida
    God is Good...allll the time...allll the time God is good.
  • TBOGARD696TBOGARD696 Joined: Posts: 4
    I'm in socal my PSN: poke52 I'm a beginner player wanna grind to get better usually play from 1pm to 4pm
  • ThaBiggBaddWolfThaBiggBaddWolf Kono bega sama ga aite shiteyaru. Joined: Posts: 34
    My big bro is looking for competition... heavy competition. So if anyone is up for it sometime find him here or on the PSN: Vega_User . He's not me so come with it lol.
  • bik44bik44 Joined: Posts: 4
    I am looking for street fighter players from any of the following states CAlifornia Texas Florida Arizona or Washington state. If you are from any of the states I mentioned add me on psn:bik44. Thanks you
  • 00g_show00g_show Joined: Posts: 4
    Washington, DC/ Maryland area here - PSN - mirahge_66
  • Killjoke1992Killjoke1992 Joined: Posts: 1
    Just joined the site, because I honestly need some help. Sorry if this turns into a rant ,but its been a frustrating day. I've had this game for the longest but I suck so bad at 2d fighters that I avoided it for the longest. I've been practicing for about 2 months now and I can see improvements which I am happy about my execution has improved greatly and I can best the computer now.

The problem is finding players online so far I've befriended 2 players who say I got the basics down, but just need to play more, although I appreciate it I don't really believe it since I get my ass kicked online. Im not blaming anyone but myself I know its me and even though I lose I still keep trying because im determined to understand this game.

I haven't won a match yet but I don't care about winning the problem is getting enough matches in. Today I kept getting kicked for no reason what so ever. I don't expect to get good at this game overnight I know people have been playing this series for years. All I ask I for some people to run some sets with so I can observe, learn, and improve. Like I said I don't care that much about winning but I would like someone who's nice and patient enough to let a scrub in their lobby. I have SSF4 AE and my tag is Killjoke1992.
  • guts559guts559 Joined: Posts: 9
    hey guys , beginner here, looking for some players to regular practice with,
    i dont really have a main yet but giving dudley a shot. psn- guts559 region- eu
    skill level - the host has removed you from the session
  • SatsuinohadoryuSatsuinohadoryu Joined: Posts: 14
    PSN: Shinjitsu_Ryu.
    Region: Canada
    Main right now is Akuma But I also play Ryu as well. I'm Somewhat new and not used to the game yet I want to improve myself and understand the game better. I'll accept and play, players from all skill levels.
    All of Mankind holds a power within,The Power of Life..This Force is Fragile But Eternal..

Life Begets More life and the cycle continues,

This Force,This Power is what drives it all.

But What is Power ..?
  • danny10257danny10257 Joined: Posts: 92
    PSN: Shinjitsu_Ryu.
    Region: Canada
    Main right now is Akuma But I also play Ryu as well. I'm Somewhat new and not used to the game yet I want to improve myself and understand the game better. I'll accept and play, players from all skill levels.

Psn Id: Dan10257-

I'm not very good. Understand the game somewhat. I don't use Dan. Endless would be great! :smile:
    Fùtbol Club Barcelona
    Mès Que Un Club
  • mortiszmortisz Joined: Posts: 30
    I play ibuki have been playing for a month just looking for others to play against with similar skill psn is meneses297
  • KentuckyKentucky Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi all. I have been playing for a few months. I am an oni loyalists looking for good games, to level up from,with people who actually know how to play and don't just jump all day and mash buttons. Feel free to add me on psn. i_kentucky_i
  • LiquidShuLiquidShu Dirty PvP Lover Joined: Posts: 20
    Hello! I am pretty damn new to fighting games in general but I have really gotten into them. As of now I am playing Makoto/Poison but I will probably play more Poison. Looking for anyone to spar/train with at any level. If you are of higher tier than me (which is pretty much everyone) then pointers and the like would be much appreciated! As of now I am still deciding whether I want to learn "by feel" or go through the hundreds of SF guides (probably will end up doing a mixture of both) since that seems like what you have to do anyways. Anyways if you add me please take good care of me :)

PSN ID: LiquidShu

• chiefsonchiefson Joined: Posts: 4
    i play from early in the morning till late at night looking for some to go on a no life spar to train with my psn is chiefson_
  • ShockBeastShockBeast @ShockBeast on Twitch + PSN & @ShockBeast_ on Twitter Joined: Posts: 105
    edited April 2015
    Hey PSN Forums, I'm ShockBeast on PSN. Add me if you need Blanka/Guile Match-Up Experience in USF4 & Reference SRK Posting in the Friend-Request. I can also play Ryu/Hugo if requested as Secondaries but they need more polish. I always need Matchup Experience vs. All Chars. I only Play Endless so I can focus on the Matchups rather than that Points Crap. I also Stream a USF4 PSN Online Weekly Endless Lobby followed by Tourney. For more Info, Go to the Announcement SRK Link Below. Come hang Out, Train, & have some fun in chat, we're a super chill group that gather for some training, tourney, & runbacks. LOL :)
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/196524/psn-usf4-weekly-streamed-online-tourney-with-psn-codes-as-prize-pool-payouts-to-top-3-finishers#latest
    Post edited by ShockBeast on
    FG's are like RPG's. You Level-Up & Eventually Fight the Final Boss except...........you level-up in the Lab & Your Final Boss is a Real Person!!
    Shock
  • EvolutionProxyEvolutionProxy Joined: Posts: 1
    PSN: Veo_Disturb
    In illinois, mainly play Adon, jus looking for USF4 players to get good with, i have a mic and skill level is irrelevant, though experienced players are always cool for tips
  • NomorerulersNomorerulers destroy your heroes Joined: Posts: 9
    PSN: Nomorerulers

Doesnt matter where i live. Looking for some 1000pp or lower players to help each other improve. I'm a scrub and i know it. Would appreciate some people to be able to compete with but also get some constructive critism from as well. Message me on PSN or here.
    I'm scrubby and i know it.
  • Sinister0n3Sinister0n3 Fool's Arcana Joined: Posts: 93
    edited June 2015
    Central Canada (Manitoba) player looking for sparring matches. I main Rose and alt with Vega/Bison. Between 1000 and 2000 pp range for now.

PSN Mr_Sinister_85
  • FgcVenomFgcVenom Joined: Posts: 6
    trying to get better, need a mentor/mentors and sparring partners. psn is fgcvenom. I play Ryu, Ken, and Adon
  • LefetyLefety Joined: Posts: 1
    Looking to get a trainer partner I play cammy for now, just started playing about 1.5 months ago. I currently have 600 pp so anyone around that range or anyone willing to teach me how to play cammy feel free to add me. Thank you! Msg for details please and thank you
  • AldrnariAldrnari Aka: AURUM Joined: Posts: 3
    Looking for a rival and/or practice partner. I'm from Europe PSN: Aurumus

PS: I'm currently looking to buy a new LCD so don't expect me to become active until next week.

Times I'll be active (Lisbon/London time): Weekends from 14pm to 1am - Weekdays from 11pm to 1am
    J464hpP.png?1