Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I am going to add everyone in this thread. I would also like to get a few endless games going sometime.
    I main ryu. I am trying to get better with him, and also with makoto and sakura.
  • JackMaddJackMadd Joined: Posts: 6
    Sign me up!

PSN: maddest_pl

I main Ryu but sometimes i like to play other characters like Akuma/Balrog etc.
  • HZ!HZ! Freddy Kreuger's dayjob Joined: Posts: 189
    im gonna add everyone here that i think i can get a decent connection with cause i need some people to practice with my game play seems to have come to a stand still i auto pilot alot and pay the price :(

i main Cody/Gief/Hawk

but i try my hand at the entire cast currently giving ryu a go ... ive never been a shoto player well so its a work in progress.
    PSN : robsce1
    Once, when I was a kid, I asked my dad, who was watching TV in the living room, if I could watch cartoons. He said "sure son! Right after the news goes off." and promply changed the channel to CNN.

............I waited for 6 hours before I finally figured out the news wasn't going off
    -Azrael-sama
  • The_DestroyerThe_Destroyer Joined: Posts: 682
    Hey can you add me also. Im trying to improve my Dudley so i could use some practice. I have a mic too
    sign me up, im down for whatever. i main honda

psn: chrismoke

You are really good with him. I tried to develop a strategy against you by watching the other matches, and it seemed like you switched it up really well against me. I need to work on my game really bad, most of my flaws are stemming from me panicking or getting anxious.

Who was doing the commentary? I loved it!
  • AnsatsukenStyleXAnsatsukenStyleX Soldier Of Pestilence Joined: Posts: 118
    I see I'm getting alot of love from this forum, I see the SRK community is really about fighting games. I feel like I'm getting better already or atleast on the verge of taking the next step in being good.

Anybody who I face, Feel free to give me tips and advice if anything :)
    SOPTag.png
    SOPShoutOutz.png
    PSN| ODLowKi
    GGPO| ODLowKi
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • HZ!HZ! Freddy Kreuger's dayjob Joined: Posts: 189
    You are really good with him. I tried to develop a strategy against you by watching the other matches, and it seemed like you switched it up really well against me. I need to work on my game really bad, most of my flaws are stemming from me panicking or getting anxious.

Who was doing the commentary? I loved it!

haha yea the commentary was cool altho i couldn't really hear it and i had to leave cause i was going out for dinner with my wife but was defiantly fun Chrismoke was hella hard same with the guy who played with the 5.8k bison super tight matches ! im so down for another throw down like that kits if fun.
    Once, when I was a kid, I asked my dad, who was watching TV in the living room, if I could watch cartoons. He said "sure son! Right after the news goes off." and promply changed the channel to CNN.

............I waited for 6 hours before I finally figured out the news wasn't going off
    -Azrael-sama
  • aZianfl0waZianfl0w Bringing Down The Sky Joined: Posts: 206
    After watching EVO2k10, I also want to get back into fighting games. Anyone who wants to add me. PSN: aznGman87 and will practice and have match ups with anyone =). I'm trying to improve on some Ryu and Rufus gameplay and hope you guys can give me tips and tricks

Hope to see some of you guys online.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/projectrko
    SSF4: AE Mains: Vega, Makoto, Evil Ryu
    Mortal Kombat: Cyrax, Shang Tsung, Sub-Zero
  • fokkusuhaundofokkusuhaundo Joined: Posts: 659
    You guys can feel free to add me. I still have a lot of problems in my game and have plenty room for improvement with plenty of free time to improve. I prefer green bar connections but if you're interested in getting better then I may still be down for some games.

PSN: nxsr
    Main: Chun, Bison, Ibuki
    youはshock!
  • TRANCEADICTTRANCEADICT APPLEEEESSS.O.G CVS2 Joined: Posts: 324
    YO i wana jump i this sessions i stay i chicago..im looking for solid comp as well..im not that scruy my main is gief....I ACTUALLY HAVE PROBLEMS W JURI/VEGA/GUILE I SERIOUSLY NEED TO LEARN THE MATCH UP..if someone can add me dat would b koo....ELAPPLE5
    SHAOLINTEMPLECHICAGO.COM
    SIFU SHI YAN JU.....
  • chefhasteethchefhasteeth Joined: Posts: 5
    I'm trying to get better too and would love to play with some SRK members. I mainly play with Akuma and Dhalsim. PSN is chefhasteeth. :)
  • rice247rice247 Sonic Fu**ing Boom! Joined: Posts: 557
    I added everyone with he exception of PK Fong(Didn't leave his PSN) and Rice 247(Maximum friend limit)

Crap my bad, I'll be on for a little tonight after work. I'll make some room and add you.
    Don't let HDR die. The Box Arena may have some HDR tourney's in San Diego....if you sign up

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=240259&p=9041763#post9041763
    Thanks again for the adds guys, I'm getting better at using my fightstick but I sill think I kinda suck with it for now. Keep the fights coming.

Edited:
    So far I faced Raulnc22 and he beat me 4-3 or 5-2 or something like that. He is really good at applying pressure with cammy. Fun games man.
    SOPTag.png
    SOPShoutOutz.png
    PSN| ODLowKi
    GGPO| ODLowKi
  • SkeetTron5000SkeetTron5000 Joined: Posts: 63
    If you're still looking for sparring partners, go ahead and add me. I'm a beginner too, right now I'm learning how to use my TE stick and experimenting between square and octo gates. Right now my execution sucks it big time (PROTIP: everytime I do Cannon Spike, that's me trying to do my Ultra). I'm getting there, though, and having some sparring partners is going to be a huge help. I have a mic, as well.

A bunch of us should group up and do a newbie Endless Battle sometime.
    SSFIV - Dhalsim, Rose
    Tekken 6 - Bryan Fury, Alisa (Main Game)
    Ultimate Mahvel - Nemesis, Sentinel, Trish, Wesker
  • HellaJHellaJ FreeHawk Joined: Posts: 268
    If anyone is still looking for a new/moderate player, feel free to add me as well.

I'd be interested in playing, I recently just switched to a stick after playing on a pad for 5+ years and I'm a bit rusty, would be nice to play with some people that play evenings
  • Sougos13Sougos13 Genocider Joined: Posts: 7
    I am also trying to get better. I am decent, but i have a ways to go.
    PSN J_Blaze31
    SSF4 - Bison, Ibuki.
    The journey to become a true warrior is never ending.
  • RemnantLolRemnantLol Joined: Posts: 27
    I'm also trying to improve, not so great a player yet, but if you want to play me then my PSN is RemnantLOL.
  • kalimdokalimdo Joined: Posts: 9
    Hi there I'm also trying to get better any1 can add me. I'm trying to find a main for a tournament one week away. I have a mic but i don't talk much.
    PSN: Xenoz30
    SSF4: Honda?
    everyone feel free to add me. i main claw and really i'm just trying to play more often. i'll go ahead and add people i feel i can get a decent connection with (plus op) next time i'm on.
  • TheEvilChinaManTheEvilChinaMan I think english! Joined: Posts: 1,160
    Trying to get better aswell. Main M.Bison.

PSN: j-cart
  • omegax9000omegax9000 Joined: Posts: 52
    my psn is omegax9000 add me!
  • kalimdokalimdo Joined: Posts: 9
    hey Jcart and Omegax9000 nice games. Ill try to play some more over the week.
    SSF4: Honda?
  • MickeyDsMickeyDs This is Delicious!!! Joined: Posts: 39
    oh hi onmi
    i faced you a couple times
    either early in the morning or late at night

im g-wade =)
    "When In Doubt, Random Ultra Come Out"
  • FABLEcolderTHANh20FABLEcolderTHANh20 Joined: Posts: 1
    Looking for a Sparing partner or partners to help better each other skills

Feel free to add me

PSN: AYCH2oh90

Im a Cody, Dudley, Juri user
  • EnsErmacEnsErmac Joined: Posts: 8
    Would be happy for a sparring partner.

PSN ID: EnsErmac

Mainly a Cammy user.

I seem to have the most trouble against Dudley & Ibuki.
  • hubanghubang Sheeeeeeeit! Joined: Posts: 43
    Quick shout out and gg's to Vandal_Hearts, who not only has an extremely aggressive (very fun) Fei, but is also a good homie to chat with as well. If any of you are interested in learning more than winning, hit him up.
  • Vandal_HeartsVandal_Hearts Hella Hungry Joined: Posts: 337
    Yo s'up hubang, I posted my gg's in a different thread! Definitely though, vGG's and one mean ass Makoto. Played lots of sets and had fun the entire time. I might as well not have blocked at all. cuz I'd get hurt for even thinking about it. This man knows whats up too, hit him up as well.

I'd definitely be down for some games fellas, just holla!
    2009- The Year Of The Fighter.

MidWest Represent.
    Sorry guys, Call of duty brainwashed me for awhile lol. But yeah I'm back and ready for more fights :)

I used to main Ryu, Balrog, Sagat, And Dhalsim

But now I'm trying to go Ryu, Cody, And Blanka(Or bison, Vega, Guile, Dee Jay)
    SOPTag.png
    SOPShoutOutz.png
    PSN| ODLowKi
    GGPO| ODLowKi
  • bprice1000bprice1000 Joined: Posts: 9
    I'm game - bprice1000

Trying to figure out Guile.
  • BitterSweetBitterSweet Joined: Posts: 605
    Anyone could go to these tournaments, plain and simple. To get better is simply play a lot and that's about it. Though if your not a bright person you might want to ask others who also have played a lot for advice.
    http://tinyurl.com/3tsqfct Ryu's introduction
    http://tinyurl.com/3vdg8da Dan's introduction
    http://tinyurl.com/34wt7fc Making and being part of a scene
  • IzagaiaIzagaia Where eagles dare to fly... Joined: Posts: 175
    I am at the rank "B", 6000gp/ 2500pp, maining Ryu. I still have troubles with the shoryuken FADC into ultra 1 combo, but I would like to believe that I am solid everywhere else and worthy of a match against decent players looking for a challenge. I can be tricky in my own rights, but I admit that I have quite a ways to go and am willing to learn from the best or even mediocre.

PSN ID = Izagaia
    "O! For a muse of fire, that would ascend
    The brightest heaven of invention;
    A kingdom for a stage, princes to act
    And monarchs to behold the swelling scene."
    Anyone could go to these tournaments, plain and simple. To get better is simply play a lot and that's about it. Though if your not a bright person you might want to ask others who also have played a lot for advice.

Lol? What are you talking about?
    SOPTag.png
    SOPShoutOutz.png
    PSN| ODLowKi
    GGPO| ODLowKi
  • raginrubesraginrubes Joined: Posts: 32
    my psn is ragingrubes kinda new but trying to learn chun
    Keep the fighters coming, So many people added me yet I only faced 2 lmao
    SOPTag.png
    SOPShoutOutz.png
    PSN| ODLowKi
    GGPO| ODLowKi
  • ZirconiumfetusZirconiumfetus Naitomea Roosta Joined: Posts: 43
    Sparring partners needed

Looks like I stumbled onto the right thread haha. Anyone can feel free to add me, I think I'll add a few of you as soon as I get on. I use Bison. Looking to get better in any way possible.
  • SquirtgunsSquirtguns Dumb for Crumbs Joined: Posts: 422
    yoyo I've been trying to get better too. Add me.

I main Rog and fuerte
  • def PDdef PD Just lost the game. Joined: Posts: 256
    PSN ID: def_PD

I'm not very good at (S)SF4.

I main Guile and 'gief.

Learning Juri.
    “Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity.”
    - Henry Hartman
  • RonXDRonXD Joined: Posts: 25
    Looking for crappy players! (SSF4)

I suck at this game and i'd like to play other people who suck at the game just as much as I do :D. Kinda hard to learn how to play playing ranked matches against people who completely destroy you.

My PSN is RonXD if want you wanna add me. I live in South Florida for anyone wondering.
  • kifmzkkifmzk Joined: Posts: 90
    yes amen bro. Please add me. Binary_idioms
  • cccasey14cccasey14 Joined: Posts: 12
    Same here. I'll add you both!

Mine is cccasey14