Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Comments

• krovy7krovy7 Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey I would like to apologize to the following PSN names: Redscar99, kingofqueensz, and coldwarcommi. I was not on when you sent me your friend request due to the fact that I was in summer school in uic and I let my friend borrow my PS3 until a few weeks ago and I just started playing again. Please do not think that I am not interested in playing and improving my skills in street fighter because right now I need the help, so if you are interested in playing a Gouken then friend me and I will be online more often since I have a lighter course load this semester.

PSN: My_Last_Fantasy

I am looking for PSN SSFIV sparring partners.

I usually play with E. Honda. I have used Dhalsim a bit and I also like Chun Li. I want to learn to play Gouken. If you can help me learn him it would be great. I also am not very good with the more technical aspects of the game. I usually use normals during matches. I live in the Chicagoland area. I want to improve my SSFIV play. Any help by you or someone else here will be appreciated. Thanks!

PSN: krovy7
  • Iron DDIron DD Rest In Peace, MrEgoTrip Joined: Posts: 380
    GGs this morning to Moonchilde. Nice session we had there.
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,838
    GGs this morning to Moonchilde. Nice session we had there.

GG's to you too, and that other dude we were playing was pretty decent. He did some nasty cancel supers on you with Sagat. I'm still trying to figure this game out, but I'm starting to get how it works and I hope I'll start to improve a lot more.
    Disclaimer: I work for Paradise Arcade Shop. My posts are probably biased. Take that into consideration. Bye!
  • megamonk4megamonk4 Joined: Posts: 166
    I hope to play some matches against you all.
    My PSN ID is megamonk4
    My main is DJ
    I live in the mid-west(ohio).
    I'm really hoping that I can play matches I don't have much experience with so I can learn the matchup. My list of lack of experience matches: Cammy, Dhalsim, Balrog, Rose, Dudley, Gen, Chun-Li, Viper, Sagat, Blanka, Rufus, El Fuerte. I know it's like half of the cast, XD. So many endless/ranked battles are with the same characters.
  • DurandDurand Keyonsdad Joined: Posts: 54
    PSN ID Keyonsdad
    Main Akuma
    Loc. North Carolina

I am not the best with him but I am not the worst either. Add that you are from Srk. GG
    Semper Fidelis
  • VOLTECHVOLTECH Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW Joined: Posts: 3,040
    Gen in training please hit me up for some games if you live in the So Cal area or have a strong connection in this area. I need all the beat-downs I can get.

PSN ID VOLTECH
    Main Gen\Cody
    Loc. Southern California
    Quality over Quantity
    voltecharcadesticks@gmail.com
    http://voltecharcadesticks.blogspot.com/
    Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW!!!
  • Kawaii DesuKawaii Desu Tetsu incarnate Joined: Posts: 20
    Hi, I know this is random but....
    Can anyone share SSF4 AE with me?
    My situation is pretty much this:
    I'm a broke 17 year old, I want to get SSF4 AE to stay up to date with the members of my offline scene but most of them are XBL or have the disc version of SSF4 AE and can't help me out, I can't buy AE because I had to splurge all my $$$ to pay for my AP courses for school, so can any kind soul out there please gameshare SSF4 AE with me via PSN?

I'm begging :(

My PSN is Jin-214C if you'd want to contact me over PSN, I'll be checking SRK pretty often though. I don't have much to offer really besides BlazBlue CS2 DLC unfortunately.

Many thanks in advance, Kawaii Desu~
  • exsoldier2006exsoldier2006 BaconStripes!! Joined: Posts: 293
    Yo add me Bloodyxhawk.
    "Prince Vegeta ruler of all Saiyans!!"
  • KingofqueenszKingofqueensz Joined: Posts: 39
    PSN: kingofqueensz looking for all the practice i can get. im usually on everyday......is anyone on right now?
  • xiahou007xiahou007 Joined: Posts: 17
    Hey yall, pretty new to the shoryuken scene. Been a huge street fighter fan since sf2. Anyhow...

Main: Ryu
    Alts: Yun, evil ryu, juri, gouken

I'm pretty terribad at this game, i got some technical stuff but I need alot of practice
    If anyone wants to game it up with a noob hit me up and add me PSN: xiahou007
  • MajorPayneMajorPayne Joined: Posts: 73
    new to the game
    add me PSN
    MajorPAYNE41510
  • DIGITALFRAGDIGITALFRAG Legendary Monkey Joined: Posts: 235
    anyone want to battle on PSN? online now looking to spar and do some endless! ;) DIGITALFRAG is screen name. average skill level but i want to fight anyone.
    "Fear is a state of nervousness only fit for children" — The RZA
  • MingoDynastyMingoDynasty PC gaming master race Joined: Posts: 5,471
    Add me: QuanChi401
  • Kyo_VanditKyo_Vandit Joined: Posts: 278
    PSN: Kyo2k9 down to play anytime just add me...
  • MaliciousDeityMaliciousDeity Bison "YES! YES!" Joined: Posts: 7
    I play alot of ssf4 ae, im mostly a gief player, im pretty good, add me on psn- BallinKimosabe
  • Lord_TheseusLord_Theseus Joined: Posts: 18

MvC2, MvC3, SF4 AE, and SF 3rd Strike....other games as well, but I wanna focus on fighting games.
  • steamwolfsteamwolf Southtown Underdog Joined: Posts: 28
    PSN: steamninja

Pretty much posted this all over, but I'm up for playing any time.
    Current fighters: SSFIV: AE 2012, DSR, GGXXAC+
  • SamanthaKellySamanthaKelly Go easy on me! Joined: Posts: 18
    ps3:Samanthakelly
    lacation:Canada
    Msn:Sammyk@live.com
    -Sam :)
  • YamaSaltyYamaSalty Wish I was a little bit taller Joined: Posts: 51
    Anybody wanna play super? Don't even have AE currently.
    Looking for some novice players. If pp means anything to you I usually hang around 500.
    I play ryu, (yea that's how good I am) but I would love to learn how to play a charge character.
    PSN:Stinkflarb
    Magneto/Doom/Wesker
  • RobotronfiendRobotronfiend Joined: Posts: 105
    Looking for some novice players. If pp means anything to you I usually hang around 500.
    I play ryu, (yea that's how good I am) but I would love to learn how to play a charge character.

You might want to try checking out Bison (Dictator) or Balrog (boxer) to get a feel for some charge characters, see if it feels good to you.

I'm up for some sparring, mainly on weekends. I've been away for about two months, but I'm getting the SSF4AE itch again. It's kind of like a fever, but this one can only be cured with administering SPDs instead of more cowbell.

PSN - Robotronfiend
  • theandroid01theandroid01 Joined: Posts: 5
    PSN - theandroid01
    hit me up on AIM or yahoo. not the best but looking to step up my game
    main rose / adon, and live in the bay area, ca
  • lazyotakulazyotaku PSN: FrozenOdjin Joined: Posts: 17
    PSN: FrozenOdjin
    Main: Guile
    Want to learn: C.Viper Ibuki
    Not all that good but i'm working on it d(^.^)b
    PSN: Frozenodjin
    GGPO: LazyOtaku

Games on PSN: Arcana Hearts 3 / MvC 3 / SSF4: AE / SF3rd / MvC 2 / MK9 / SSF2T:HD
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 303
    PSN:ijusdontgivafuk
    time: on at random times during week days.but on more frequently on weekends
    Charcters:Ken,Oni,Dudly, would really like to learn: Guy, Chun li,Dee jay
    Mic:nope.but in the process of getting one

played fighters on and off for a years but wanna try and get better.looking for a teacher or beginner to intermediates
    to spar with.trying to fix mental lapses in game.a lot to work on for me.
    SFV-Laura
    GGrev- sin ky
    BB- naoto,mai

• YOJIMBO-武士YOJIMBO-武士 train, exectue, win. Joined: Posts: 104
    PSN:yojimbo87x East Coast, GA ANYTIME Main rog w/ no mic looking for sparring partners to improve and level up!
    PSN ID: yojimbo87x
  • WarlockDLXWarlockDLX Joined: Posts: 290
    Hey guys, after getting a thread locked and seeing that apparently many people suffer the same fate, i realized THIS is where im supposed to post for matchups lol so yeah..

Semi-noob looking for some chill players to play and chat with, hopefully give me some pointers and have some good old fashioned ass kicking matches. :)

Hit me up on PSN: WarlockDLX
    PS3
    SSF4AE
    Akuma/Juri
    Hey guys, after getting a thread locked and seeing that apparently many people suffer the same fate, i realized THIS is where im supposed to post for matchups lol so yeah..

Semi-noob looking for some chill players to play and chat with, hopefully give me some pointers and have some good old fashioned ass kicking matches. :)

Hit me up on PSN: WarlockDLX

Haha, I did the same thing actually. Didn't even know about this spot before the mod shut down my thread.
    Magneto/Doom/Wesker
  • chickenbuttchickenbutt Nope Joined: Posts: 104
    PSN: EnjoiDude
    Main: Rose although I play T-Hawk sometimes just for the hell of it
    Looking for some people to play with. I'm not that good and don't play on PSN very often.
  • Bighead902Bighead902 (>^.^)> Hug Time Joined: Posts: 70
    Hey, my name is David Hanna. Not really a n00b, but I sometimes use n00b stragities, like mashing, and wake up attacks. But sometimes I do that on purpose, or when I know I'll catch ya. I'm 15, so I'm still in High-School, so I can only play on weekends, breaks, and holidays. Please, people. I'm not really heavy combo-er and I do rage quit often. If you main Zangief, please don't bother. Please I'm looking for a sparing partner that is almost always available to play with me on the weekend. Also, if you own Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Online Edition, thats a bonus. Also, even though I don't have a mic, I WOULD LOVE 4 YOU HAVE A MIC.:tup: I went from maining Ryu, to Akuma (When I finally found out how to do the Raging Demon) and now I somewhat main Yun. However, I play with Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Yun, Yang and Evil Ryu. Sometimes, I play as Oni or Gouken. Lastly, I always check my SRK profile everyday, so I will always get back to you before the weekend comes. Hit me up on PSN, Bighead902.
    - David (PSN ID: Bighead902)
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Any team of Wolverine, Dante, Akuma, Iron Fist, Ryu, or Ghost Rider.
    Street Fighter X Tekken: Any team of Ken, Ryu or Akuma
    Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012 (A bit scrubby): Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Yun, Yang and Evil Ryu.
    Got AE, looking for all westcoast scrubs wanting to play at anytime.
    Magneto/Doom/Wesker
  • kid_shaekid_shae Joined: Posts: 13
    psn: kid_shae
    main: ibuki
    sub:yun,ryu,juri
    just looking to practice
  • DIGITALFRAGDIGITALFRAG Legendary Monkey Joined: Posts: 235
    anyone wana spar? looking for games right now. pm me DIGITALFRAG on psn.
    "Fear is a state of nervousness only fit for children" — The RZA
  • Predacon RampagePredacon Rampage Skullgirl Blood Joined: Posts: 404
    PSN:Sanger_Zonvolt
    Main:Cammy, Juri, Sakura, Ryu, and Akuma.

I'm still new and terrible at Super, but look forward to learning the game more now.

Just need some cool sparring partners, most SSF4 randoms are assholes.
    Skullgirls: Painwhee/Marie
    KOF: Iori, K', & Shen
    VS: Lilith Sub: Jedah & Demitri
    BB: Hazama Sub: Tager
    PSN:Sanger_Zonvolt
    Main:Cammy, Juri, Sakura, Ryu, and Akuma.

I'm still new and terrible at Super, but look forward to learning the game more now.

Just need some cool sparring partners, most SSF4 randoms are assholes.[/quo

Looking to spar?
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Any team of Wolverine, Dante, Akuma, Iron Fist, Ryu, or Ghost Rider.
    Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012 (A bit scrubby): Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Yun, Yang and Evil Ryu.
    Anyone wanna play for the thanksgiving break?
  • jeff echegoyenjeff echegoyen Joined: Posts: 1
    hey i just got a srk, i've been playing for a while and i would really like some skilled people to play and learn from. i play juri not too good but i know the game if anyone wants to help me out my xbl is {supawabbit} just add me or request a match
    im just gonna add everyone in this thread b/c ive only gotten 2 adds so far lol my rog is at 1400pp/2800bp taking on all comers!!! advice and constructive critism welcome!!:nunchuck:
    :tup: ggs to kid chae, greenryu, and warlockdlx..just wish our connections were a little bit better lol if you guys want to train/spar hit me up :china:
  • CytexCytex Waning Moon Joined: Posts: 6
    PSN:CytexX
    Main: Ken,Cammy, and Hakan

Looking for a sparring partner I am free to play whenever I am on.
  • KitoKito Joined: Posts: 1
    Not the Best, but willing to learn!
    PSN: Kito-Dera
    Main:Vega, Chun

Looking for Players to hit up Endless as much as possible.
  • megamonk4megamonk4 Joined: Posts: 166
    Looking for some endless battles to spar with others and learn matchups against other characters. I main dee jay. I am not looking to play against shotokans(I can just do random online matches for these guys, XD).

My PSN ID is megamonk4. I'm practically on everyday. Just send me a message/invite.