Tiers for non-fighting games?

Comments

• YunaYuna Politically correct as fuck since 2006 Joined: Posts: 7,475
    edited March 2013
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Character Theme Song Tier List

This game has one of the genre's standout soundtracks to me(BlazBlue can suck it), so I figured this was necessary.

Rank S

Doctor Strange:
    It's hard to describe Strange's theme music without using the word 'epic'. Fantastic use of chimes and ominous choir vocals create an unmistakably mystic tune that suits the character to an absolute tee. The added bonus of his usual place on teams being third makes it a perfect "shit just got real" piece as well. Strange's theme is godlike.

Ghost Rider:
    Another one that's perfect both for the character and on its own, the motorcycle rock with horror movie overtones does more justice to Ghost Rider than either of those awful Nicolas Cage movies did. Too bad you never hear it in-game, on account of him sucking and all.

Hawkeye: Does anybody not get hype at this?

Iron Fist: MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Magneto: The only real problem with Magneto's theme is that it seems to be a mashup of several smaller songs. The end result, though, is a tumultuous and frenetic thrill ride with the added bonus of spelling out the character's name in Microsoft Sam. Just in case you didn't know how to spell "badass".

Phoenix Wright:
    This is the dark horse of the soundtrack to me, but it is the best theme to hear as a match begins, especially when paired with Wright's opening line of "I want the truth, and nothing but the truth!", thus setting up for a compelling legal altercation. One of the slowest burns on the soundtrack but also one of the most well-done.

Akuma: This is the most straightforward theme in the S tier. The constant intense drumming contributes heavily to the wind instruments, but when the strings come in, that's when a good theme becomes amazing. It's probably the soundtrack's most overall intense song; I just wish his English voice acting was this good.

Phoenix Wright(Turnabout): "I have all I need!" Pulse-pounding electronic beats, a jumpstart of an introduction and a fantastic ending surrounding the most heart-thumping song in the entire game. The real beauty of this song is that anybody who hears it has either worked for it or is terrified to hear it. Nobody wants to be cornered by the Ace Attorney!

Rank A

Wesker: Genuinely wicked and foreboding, this unmistakeably villainous tune works really well at the beginning or end of a match, heralding the arrival of one mean motherfucker, but it also builds up a nice crescendo once it gets going. That's what's keeping it out of the S rank: it doesn't really pick up steam until about thirty seconds in, which is a deal-breaker for a piece that's only a minute or so long.

Amaterasu: I feel like this song is holding back, for starters, and it has a pretty choppy ending that sees the melody sort of meandering for a while after the absolutely explosive crescendo before just saying "fuck it" and ending with some weak wind instruments. That said, it's still a really solid tune. Just a weak beginning and a weak end.

Felicia:
    It's catchy as fuck and you know it.

Iron Man:
    Did Daft Punk contribute to the soundtrack of this game? This is one of the best representative themes in the game, with Iron Man's cocky grin practically visible through the sounds of the introductory beat as he struts down a long runway to display his latest contribution to the world stage. What the hell is up with that awful third part, though? It starts out strong as fuck, then slowly but surely it wears down into a total mess. Blech. One of the best intros, though.

M.O.D.O.K.: I honestly think this could replace "I'm happy, 'cause I am finally returning home" by Eduard "Trololo" Khil as the official theme of internet trolling for a while. This theme never really awes, but there's not much that's really wrong with it. It's made me laugh a great deal. The biggest problem that I see with it, aside from the lack of a decent hook, is that I enjoy it more outside the game than in it. Roommate trips over a cat? Play this. Besides, who the hell plays M.O.D.O.K. anyway?

Haggar: Rougher and tougher than Ghost Rider but also less exciting. 'Nuff said.

Morrigan: Is it just me, or does this song feel like it's going someplace and then it just ends? Don't get me wrong, it's perfect for the character, but it, much like Morrigan herself, doesn't seem particularly excited to be here. My blood isn't pumping when Morrigan's theme plays. I could fall asleep to it. This is another that I like better outside of the game, but a better Morrigan Aensland song there will never be.

Nemesis: The dread sets in right away with low, unsettling piano and goes right into a horrific drum and violin combination that makes me sweat. I am frightened of Nemesis because of this song. However, like so many of this soundtrack's songs, the ending is awful, with out-of-place "wub wub wub" electronics and an abrupt, unconvincing growl from what sounds like a gaseous bulldog. That's only ten seconds or so, though, and the rest is amazing.

Nova: I don't like this one as much as a lot of people do, but it's exciting from beginning to end. I just hate, hate, hate that the forefront instrument here is what sounds to me like a kazoo. Also(broken record), the ending could be way better.

Arthur: I feel like the third little verse of this, when the music slows down, betrays its otherwise fantastic sense of frenetic pace. Arthur himself loses steam pretty quickly, though, so maybe it's appropriate? Like Iron Man, this starts out great but quickly peters out into a lackluster rolling of guitars and drums for an unimpressive ending. Great start, though!

Taskmaster:
    The only thing keeping this out of top is how poorly it suits the character. This is a fantastic piece of music that suggests a noble, heroic figure, with rigid marching-band brass and drums that wouldn't be out of place for Captain America, but are incredibly out of place on a man whose only love in the world is that green stuff. Taken on its own merits, though, you can go ahead and put this in S tier, right next to Strange.

Vergil:
    It's too long and doesn't know what to do with that exorbitant length, but it has one of the best endings on the whole soundtrack and an absolutely fantastic second half across the board, with foreboding choir vocals over a solid bit of string work and industrial drums keeping it distinctively Devil May Cry. Vergil, you are a sexy, sexy man.

Chris: This is one of the closest A-rank songs to cracking the S rank. It's fast, it's imposing, and it works for a character like Redfield who's constantly surrounded by danger. That said, the third verse is weak as hell and really breaks up the flow. They could have done so much better.

Rank B

Captain America: "Why is it in high-pitched electro-pop?" and "better in the first game" sum it up. It's not like I don't like it, though.

C. Viper:
    This theme is all over the place and the lack of consistency is a real problem. The slow, steady pulses at the beginning are great, but then it decides to try to have its cake and eat it by stealing a chunk from Super-Skrull's music before going right back to the slow shit again, which is what works. Make up your mind, Maya. God.

Dante: The vocals are terrible. Everything else is aight, though.

Deadpool: The nonsensical word-salad lyrics are great, but the lackluster guitar work really damages the whole piece. There might as well not be any drums at all, either.

Hsien-Ko: This is actually one of my favorite themes, but it's far too tranquil and cute for a fighting game. Come to think of it, why is Hsien-Ko even here to begin with? I like her, but she's probably the oddest choice in the whole roster.

Jill:
    I really don't like the techno beats here. The lack of background is pretty sparse until the last part of it kicks in and provides a decent finish. There's not a lot to say here.

Spencer: Like Vergil, this theme has a fantastic ending, but the first half of it or so is pretty blase. I'm not really sure how they could have jazzed it up, but I wish they had.

Rocket Raccoon:
    This is even more glaring than Taskmaster in the "ill-suited for the character" department. Rocket Raccoon should have gotten something much angrier. This sounds like Captain America should have it.

Ryu:
    It sounds like someone's farting for much of it, but one of my favorite things to do while walking about my hometown is to whistle the proper melodic structure of Ryu's original theme from Street Fighter II in tandem with this. The results are pretty sweet. Try it!

She-Hulk: I get that they were going for a theme that accentuates She-Hulk's ditzy, adorable personality with this, but it just sounds like a workout tape. The inexplicable opera vocals halfway through don't help matters, either.

Storm: Once it gets going, it really kicks ass, with a fantastic saxophone bit at the very end, but that's only after twenty seconds are spent with that saxophone idly tuning itself with generic drum machine beats in the background. It's the exact opposite of Iron Man.

Strider Hiryu: The best five seconds on the entire soundtrack at the beginning of this song are followed by a really lame, lackluster collection of guitar and techno work. They knew that they couldn't follow that gorgeous intro, so they just didn't even try. I can kind of respect that.

Super-Skrull: Sounds like something they should have used for a Mega Man villain, honestly. Or a pro wrestler. Either way, I can't really put my finger on why I don't think this theme works, especially not for Super-Skrull. Moving on.

Thor:
    Like Morrigan, Thor doesn't seem like it should be in a fighting game. Thor, though, has the added problem of an overtly feminine tone set by the high, wispy flute. This would work great as an alternate for Amaterasu, but Thor needs something far more manly. I suggest 'Twilight of the Thunder God' by Amon Amarth. Rise and meet your fate! YOUR DESTINY AWAITS!!

Trish: This song makes me uncomfortable. Between the game's heaviest bass work and the odd vocals mixed with dramatic shifts in melodic focus, I feel like anytime I listen to this song, some chick within a ten-mile radius is getting frogged like nobody's business. I don't want to listen to other people fuck.

Wolverine:
    It really does sound like the theme from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The combination of that and just how much better this theme was in the first game bumps it down, but it's kept out of a failing grade by being every bit as 1990's cool as Wolverine himself.

Zero: Like a less severe Strider Hiryu with a much better ending, Zero just kind of peters about with nothing to do between the ear-catching ending and the dramatic finish. It definitely suits him, though.

Rank C

Chun-Li: As much as I love Miss Thighs, the frequent melodic backtracking coupled with just how badly the forefront Asian instruments sync with the background drum and bass make this theme sound really awkward. It's at least coherent, though.

Doctor Doom: This thing is all introduction and no finish. Every single part of Doctor Doom's theme feels like it's setting up a much better song, but that never happens. It sticks to slow, plodding, boring strings and uninspired melodies that don't seem like they really want to be where they are. For all its faults, however, it at least gets decently ominous near the end before devolving to a dispassionate ending and calling it a night.

Firebrand:
    Imagine Arthur. Now imagine it worse. Who the hell invited this guy anyway?

Frank West: Is it meant to be incoherent? Is that the point? Either way, this is a real cacophony and doesn't really feel like it knows what to do with itself. Behind the thick layer of static, though, there's at least sound structure and a tune that can be followed, and the ending is above average.

Galactus:
    A promising intro drops like a lead weight into uninspired final music with predictable melodies and what sounds like a triangle in one point. Galactus deserves better than a triangle, dammit!

Hulk: I never get the urge to smash things when listening to this. That's a problem.

Phoenix: It's pretty, I guess, but given what it's supposed to herald, shouldn't it be more foreboding? This was an opportunity to create some real musical storytelling by crafting a theme that's both elegant and ominous, a foreshadowing of the horror that Phoenix's opponents face if their cards aren't played perfectly. Instead, we get a piano and an electric keyboard over yet another boring techno beat. Blegh.

Sentinel: I'm not moved by this. It doesn't indicate the imminent arrival of a giant killer robot until the third section, and while that's pretty cool, it takes two sections of apathetic plonking away on a synth to get there, and it's not worth the wait.

Spider-Man: Spider-Man being a character I don't like doesn't help his case, but the blase approach this song takes doesn't really capture the exciting essence of a man who can zip all around the screen at will. It should be faster, it should be way more intense. I liked the playful approach they tried to accomplish. They just didn't succeed.

Tron: Congratulations. You can cut and paste from MegaMan Legends and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Now try making a theme song that engages me somehow beyond half-decent second and fourth sections that present the character fairly well. Why is she even here?

Rank D

Dormammu: Good god, what a racket. On top of sounding like it heralds the arrival of Alex DeLarge more than the Dread Dormammu, this thing is just a mess and an utter cacophony that doesn't even have the courtesy to be a coherent mess like Frank West. Half the time, it just sounds like instruments are malfunctioning. The rest of the time it's just boring and hurts my ears.

Viewtiful Joe: They took the level one music from the original game, then made it sound worse. 'Nuff said.

Shuma-Gorath: An autistic ten-year-old on a caffeine buzz has found his way into a music room and is attempting to synthesize the theme from Family Guy, but his attention span can only give him the first few notes before he divebombs into an unholy racket. On top of that, Shuma is gross. Fuck him and fuck Japan's tentacle fetish.

X-23: Listen to the lyrics. Weep for humanity. Go listen to Doctor Strange again.
    Post edited by Yuna on
    "Here's the thing, kids: words mean things, and most of what gets slagged as 'political correctness' is really just being nice, and most of the 'righteous complainers' are simply jerkwads who don't think certain people or groups deserve their niceness. If you're a guy, and you've ever uttered something along the lines of 'dude, sexual harrassment doesn't exist. That's just something chicks make up when they change their minds,' guess what, bro. You're not the lone hero standing up to feminist PC police. You're a pig."
    --Bob Chipman
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,196
    Anybody ever make an actual Golden Sun: Dark Dawn tier list?
    I made one a while back but I'm sure stuff's changed.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • ShogunZShogunZ You Jelly? Joined: Posts: 1,843
    Yuna wrote: »
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Character Theme Song Tier List<br />

Oh god no. That's one of the things I actually don't like about UMvC3 is that the music is so underwhelming. Guh...if I had tier this shit...

Um..

S - Spiderman, Felicia, Vergil, Nemesis, Captain America
    A - Dante, Amy, Haggar, Akuma, Dormammu
    B - Wesker, Iron Fist, Sentinel
    C - Ghost Rider, Magneto, Pheonix, Storm, Jill
    D - Taskmaster, Tronn, HsienKo

Shit Tier - The rest (without lyrics)
    Shit Tier + - The rest (with lyrics)
    PS4 Now Playing: Persona 5, Injustice 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,391
    The fuck is wrong with you people.
    Cap and Felicia's remixes are TERRIBLE. That's the main problem with the MvC3's soundtrack (besides the reliance on electronic music), is that almost every single song in the game is an inferior version of an older one.
    Not surprisingly, most of the good themes are the ones for completely new characters (Hawkeye, Task, Nova, etc.)
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    Yeah, most of the remixes are weak as hell, ESPECIALLY Caps, godtamn did they kill it.

Kind of wanna work on D&D: Iron & Blood tiers, gotta find my old copy to go back over some things, but if I rember right Strahd, Soth, Nym, the Gargoyle, and the Evil Wizard seemed like tops.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,748
    Spideys song is never bad. The beat is just playful and fun no matter how many times it's remixed and it captures his personality very well.

Zeros theme is his remix from when he fought X in X2. I can't hate it.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,269
    half of the good songs in Marvel 3 are from characters you see little to none of. (go figure.)
    I don't got those.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    edited March 2013
    I like Doom's song and you see a lot of Doom so yeah. Strange and Ghost's theme are cool too. The main problem is the music in the newer Capcom is at a volume level considerably lower than the sound effects so you can't really hear the music that well any way. Which is why I just play my own stuff most of the time. You'll have FOOT FOOT DIVE all day but struggle to actually hear the music. When you played games like Soul Calibur and 3rd Strike on the Dreamcast, the music was just as loud as the sound effects.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• NivesNives hit buttons for combos Joined: Posts: 1,510
    people post about tiers for fighting game songs, those are still tiers for fighting games.
    teyah~
    Nives wrote: »
    people post about tiers for fighting game songs, those are still tiers for fighting games.

Oh fine, have it your way.

Final Fantasy Music tiers

S:
    6, 10

A:
    4, 7, 9,

A-:

B:
    The rest.

Hmm, I'll clean this up when I get near a computer.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They should of remixed Morrigan's MvC1 theme and Wolverine's MSHvsSF theme. Shuma's MSHvsSF theme was catchy too, I'm not sure why the tunes on that game were ignored.
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    edited April 2013
    Geez, we need some action in here.

GI Joe 1 (NES) Tier
    From best to worst...

Hawk (Only can be used on the last level, but he can fly.)
    Grid Iron (Strong Melee, Gun, and good health and jump. Can't go wrong with him.)
    Duke (Weaker Grid Iron, but jumps higher.)
    Snake Eyes (Jumps highest and okay melee, but worst gun.)
    Rock n Roll (Strongest weapon user, but a crap jump and low health.)
    Blizzard (Everything he can do someone else does better.)
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    .....was there ever a tier list for Rouge Galaxy? Not sure if I remember seeing one...
    I don't got those.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I can't find my old Persona 4 tier list for comparison, but here are the Persona 4 Golden tiers (excludes MC and Rise)

Top - Kanji, Yukiko, Teddie
    Mid - Everyone else

I'm pretty sure I rated Kanji at low tier in vanilla P4, but Atlus really worked on him in Golden. Thanks to the changes in the Social Link system, he can get some useful skills like Power Charge and Masukunda. You pretty much want him in your party for boss battles since he deals serious damage now. I definitely used him more often than I used to.

Yukiko and Teddie are pretty much even. They both get the same healing skills now, so it comes down to the other skills they possess. Teddie retains his useful support skills, but Yukiko has more offensive power now that she has access to instant death attacks. Yukiko also has the edge in SP like before. I don't think her new skills put her completely over Teddie, though.

I feel that everyone else is mid tier, but nobody is low tier since everyone got buffed in Golden. Basically, it means that you will always have a solid party no matter who you choose. Even Naoto, who was useless in boss battles, was given skills to balance her out more.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    King9999 wrote: »
    I can't find my old Persona 4 tier list for comparison, but here are the Persona 4 Golden tiers (excludes MC and Rise)

Mid - Everyone else

I'm pretty sure I rated Kanji at low tier in vanilla P4, but Atlus really worked on him in Golden. Thanks to the changes in the Social Link system, he can get some useful skills like Power Charge and Masukunda. You pretty much want him in your party for boss battles since he deals serious damage now. I definitely used him more often than I used to.

Yukiko and Teddie are pretty much even. They both get the same healing skills now, so it comes down to the other skills they possess. Teddie retains his useful support skills, but Yukiko has more offensive power now that she has access to instant death attacks. Yukiko also has the edge in SP like before. I don't think her new skills put her completely over Teddie, though.

I feel that everyone else is mid tier, but nobody is low tier since everyone got buffed in Golden. Basically, it means that you will always have a solid party no matter who you choose. Even Naoto, who was useless in boss battles, was given skills to balance her out more.

I'm playing through this again since my file got Hama'd, but yeah Kanji got buffed.
    Still, Chie has God Hand. She just sucks till she gets it.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Bious wrote: »

Mid - Everyone else

I'm playing through this again since my file got Hama'd, but yeah Kanji got buffed.

Chie + God Hand pretty much meant that you never used Kanji again, but Kanji is really good now so he's not obsolete by the time you get God Hand.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

Mid - Everyone else

Chie + God Hand pretty much meant that you never used Kanji again, but Kanji is really good now so he's not obsolete by the time you get God Hand.

What's his strongest attack? Primal Force? Or did it change?

Also you should tier Social Links as well.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • pizzacat83pizzacat83 Joined: Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2013
    Injustice Gods Among Us iOS

Gold Character Card tiers

SS Tier (These cards should be in your final team)
    * Wonder Woman (Regime) - Best attacker in the game. She can block all day and build meter to spam her Lv. 3
    * Batman - Good team passive buff and good stats. His strings don't have consistent knockdown for some reason

S Tier (One of these with the SS cards makes an ultimate team)
    * Doomsday - The best tank in the game since he can easily heal himself by killing weakened foes. Also has the highest HP
    * Harley Quinn (Arkham) - Bad stats, but it has the best team buff in the game and greatly compliments Wonder Woman

A Tier (Good cards to use as back-up)
    * Joker (Insurgency) - Bad stats, but can be sacrificed to do half HP damage to any card. This makes him good to blow up more durable cards
    * Bane - Relatively cheap credit cost and high stats. His passive just isn't as good as the higher tier cards
    * Superman (Regime) - Outclassed slightly by Bane due to being way more expensive credit-wise to promote, but has the overall best stats in the game along with normal Superman

B Tier (Trash cards that should never be used)
    * Every other gold card

Mid - Everyone else

Kanji's best attack is still Primal Force, but the additional skills you can get make that skill work better.

How should I tier S. Links? By the skills you get from them? If not, then I can tell you that the Joker S. Link is top tier for the max link scene alone.

Mid - Everyone else

Kanji's best attack is still Primal Force, but the additional skills you can get make that skill work better.

How should I tier S. Links? By the skills you get from them? If not, then I can tell you that the Joker S. Link is top tier for the max link scene alone.

I'd tier them by which ones help the MC the most on a play through. I know the magician one is good to invest time in.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • Asylumrunner8Asylumrunner8 Joined: Posts: 12
    Gears of War Franchise COG Character Tiers:

S Tier:
    Cole Train
    Anya

A Tier:
    Marcus
    Baird
    Dizzy
    Clay Carmine

B Tier:
    Dom
    Kim

C Tier:
    Sam
    Remaining Carmines

Shit Tier:
    Jace
    UMvC3: Hulk/Vergil/Doc Strange
    SSF4: Gouken/Ibuki
    MK: Johnny Cage
    VF5FS: El Blaze
    SC5: Maxi, Mitsu
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379
    Tekken MiniGame tiers... specifically Tekken Ball and Tekken Bowl.

For Bowl:
    S
    Yoshimitsu
    Paul
    Bryan
    Mishimas

A
    All Jacks

B
    All girls

C
    All else.

Thoughts?
    Also, I don't remember ball much, but I remember that you could d+1 and then d/b+1 with Xiaoyu all day and never lose touch. I'm going with her being S-Tier, but I can't be sure.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    edited September 2013
    Radiant Historia Tiers:

S:
    Aht
    Stocke

A:
    Marco
    Rannie
    Erika

B:
    Gafka
    Roche

Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    no Project x Zone tiers? Thought someone would have done that...

I have Akira/Pai and Zephyer and Leanne as easy tops. With Frank/Hsien-Ko at the bottom.

I wouldn't even know for support (Maybe Imca at that top? That girl brings so much as a support.)
    I don't got those.
    Fire Emblem Awakening Tiers? Skills? Characters? Come at me.

I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    edited August 2013
    Eren wrote: »
    Fire Emblem Awakening Tiers? Skills? Characters? Come at me.

Serenes Forest has tiers for Hard and Lunatic/Lunatic+.
    Basically on hard, assuming no grinding, your avatar, Sully, Cordelia, Chrom, Stahl, and Panne will get you through the beginning and carry you (assuming you reclass Panne into a Wyvern rider as fast as possible.)
    On Lunatic your avatar and Fredrick are god tier. In fact Fredrick is mandatory early on.
    The children are the best characters out of all (depending on the parents and passed down skills), with Morgan (and his/her sibling if there is one) being the best overall character in the game. If you're not grinding then all children will be behind if you don't pick them up early (except Lucina and Morgan as Chrom's son.) Severa is probably the best besides those two because it is impossible to fuck her over (she always has a nice class set no matter her dad.) Her chapter is annoying to do early though.

Skills... Galeforce, Astra, and Armsthrift are wonderful to have on always. In fact people do crazy grinding to ensure that the male kids get Galeforce (Yarne, Gerome, and Laurent will never get it though), and pair Donnel and Gaius to the females that don't give a Peg. Knight class to get it as well. Luna, Sol, Passive, Renewal, and any of the ______Breaker/Faire skills are also nice options.
    If you use DLC then Limit Break is up there too. So is Aggressor for the males.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    edited August 2013
    Serenes Forest has tiers for Hard and Lunatic/Lunatic+.
    Basically on hard, assuming no grinding, your avatar, Sully, Cordelia, Chrom, Stahl, and Panne will get you through the beginning and carry you (assuming you reclass Panne into a Wyvern rider as fast as possible.)
    On Lunatic your avatar and Fredrick are god tier. In fact Fredrick is mandatory early on.
    The children are the best characters out of all (depending on the parents and passed down skills), with Morgan (and his/her sibling if there is one) being the best overall character in the game. If you're not grinding then all children will be behind if you don't pick them up early (except Lucina and Morgan as Chrom's son.) Severa is probably the best besides those two because it is impossible to fuck her over (she always has a nice class set no matter her dad.) Her chapter is annoying to do early though.

Skills... Galeforce, Astra, and Armsthrift are wonderful to have on always. In fact people do crazy grinding to ensure that the male kids get Galeforce (Yarne, Gerome, and Laurent will never get it though), and pair Donnel and Gaius to the females that don't give a Peg. Knight class to get it as well. Luna, Sol, Passive, Renewal, and any of the ______Breaker/Faire skills are also nice options.
    If you use DLC then Limit Break is up there too. So is Aggressor for the males.

Solid points all around.

Chrom is decent in Lunatic, but it's risky because if he dies then the game ends. This makes him more of a supportive unit, especially given the case when paired with Fredrick or the Avatar early on. The Avatar gains Veteran by default, which grants the 50% exp gain when paired. After a few levels in Lunatic he will surpass Fredrick who gets OHKO'd in chp 3 by a hammer wielding foe. Every other character is 2KO'd in Lunatic at the beginning, this includes Stahl and Sully. Stahl MIGHT get lucky with defense and survive the second hit, but Sully doesn't have a chance.

I do agree Morgan is the best unit in the game, in a non grinding playthrough Male Morgan makes more sense so you can pass down Galeforce!Rightful King. Indigo w/Rightful King is pretty good too, but that means you will have to keep Chrom away from his potential brides. Rescue staff solves the problem with Severa's chapter, but in a non-grind playthrough it maybe tough clearing out the enemy chokepoints in that chp. because they will have an advantage flanking many of your characters.

Galeforce is game breaking, at first people were doubting how good it was but now the general consensus seems to be that it is now a requirement. Astra is a good offensive skill, but Counter beats it and Luna has a much better activation rate. With Rightful King I guess Astra can be better than Luna, but if you have access to Aether then Rightful King!Aether will beat out Rightful King!Astra.

Armsthrift is only good on Physical Severa, The Avatar, and Sorcerers, or possibly Manaketes if you don't want to keep buying Dragonstones. Sol is overrated, it only heals good when the enemy has full health. People just like its activation rate and it's on a top tier class path, but it's useless for Apothesis and I would say even Astra beats it. The only good breaker skill is Swordbreaker, because Swordbreaker completes the weapons triangle to where you will always be at an advantage. The General and Wyvern Lord classes can only use Lances and Axes, but with Swordbreaker they can get 50% dodge when using an Axe vs Sword. If your opponent is using a sword to best the Axe, the General/Wyvern Lord still has the option to use Lances which best the enemy's sword for even more bonuses.

I would say PaVigs is top tier (Pavise!Aegis), and Limit Breaker is top tier. Also, Aggressor and Resistance 10 is good too.

Post edited by Ephidel on
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Yeah, Indigo is good overall (probably Chrom's best child besides Lucina and Morgan.) it's just that his mother screws him a bit (with her coming in so late it's hard to pair her, plus his chapter is a nightmare early.) Cynthia and Owain are useful as well now that I think on it. Nah, depending on her father, can become extremely strong.

The thing that makes Armsthrift so powerful for anyone that gets it is that you can blow money on forged weapons and basically use them infinitely along with legendary weapons (infinitely assuming your luck is 50 or higher) on almost any map. You can just pop it off if you need to run _____ skill on Apothesis. It's also great early game for helping to cut costs on buying weapons (assuming you have a good luck score.) Counter is good, but extremely situational (if you're facing enemies that can do enough damage to you to make it worthwhile then you probably are going to try to kill them before they attack on their phase.)

If we're talking top-tier classes then it's probably (in no order);
    Heroes, Dark Fliers, Sorcerors, and Dread Fighters and (maybe) Brides if you run DLC.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Well by Chp 12 you should have at least gained one Seed of Trust, which helps wonders with Chrom!Olivia pairing. But, I do agree it seems pretty going out of the way in a non-grind playthrough. Severa is just a better option if you are going the Physical Hero route (Stahl and Lon qu' make excellent Fathers for her, with Lonqu!Severa she gets enough speed cap to double Apothesis Anna. Too bad Anna has counter for that :o). There's always controversy surrounding how good Cynthia is, it has been said that without Aether she becomes lacking and the only way she gets Aether is thorough Chrom!Sumia. Of course, that means Lucina gets Pavise/Aegis/Rightful King (which is really good, but as one of the games best offensive units Chrom!Olivia makes more sense). If we are grinding, Henry!Cynthia can be useful. Actually, I think that's her best option for the Dark Flier route.

Owain is a tricky build. I think he makes one of the games best Dread Fighters, but recently people have been making him into a Sorc. In a non grind playthrough he can be hard getting up to par, but the reward is definitely worth the trouble. The only pairings I did with Nah were Kellam!Nah and Donnel!Nah, Kellam!Nah gives Nah 7+ defense. That's huge if you are looking for a tanky fighter.

Armsthrift is great if you want to grind for it, but playing regularly it's a bit of a challenging having to buy a lot of Second Seals to get to Merc back into your preferred class. It does save money like crazy though and spamming Aversa's Night/Legendary Weapons is too sweet. My avatar has Armsthrift, and even though I had to grind for it, he will not die now that he can spam Nosferatu/AN infinitely.

Counter really shines on Snipers, and vs. Astra it's pretty good. Not a top tier skill by any means though, but def required for Snipers.

Sorcerers are def top tier, probably the best in the game being able tank and hit hard at the same time. Dark Fliers need Iote's Shield, otherwise they drop a bit. Iote's Shield takes up a skill slot, but I wouldn't say they are overrated. They are key to breaking the game, being the only class that gets Galeforce. Dread Fighter is a decent ending class, they can kill mages quick and are versatile. I think a good class everybody sleeps on is Pegasus Knight. They make the best Rally Bots, Support w/Staffs, and excellent movement. Best supporting class in the game imo, and since we will never use one for fighting they don't need Iote's Shield.

I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    edited September 2013
    I actually wrote Falco Knights at first but crossed them off. They do make excellent rally-bots/healers/Emergency Spear Throwers.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Monthly Bump.

Rune Factory 3 Partner Tiers (Villagers only)

Top: Shino, Raven, Sofia, Evylen, Hazel, Kurina

Mid: Everyone else

Bottom: Monica, Shara
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    edited October 2013
    I'm interested in Dragon's Crown tiers. I'm sure Elf will be at the top based on my experience with her and the general opinion towards that class. As far as I know, the patches released thus far haven't touched her (for better or worse).

I'm not qualified to tier the classes myself as I've only used the Elf, but I'm interested in seeing any opinions on the other classes. All I can say about the Elf is that it's a very strong class, but you have to learn to move a lot. Backstab is an amazing skill and is well worth maxing out, along with Holdout Dagger + Maintenance. Max Evasion is a must since the Elf is fragile.
    Elf is pretty bad at crowd control.

The wizard and sorceress are in the top.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    edited October 2013
    Elf is pretty bad at crowd control.

The wizard and sorceress are in the top.

Interesting you would say that, because I find that the Elf is good at crowd control. Clone Strikes + Impact Arrow or a charged upwards shot can knock down multiple enemies at once and do high damage. I won't argue that the Wiz and Sorc aren't better at crowd control, but I don't think the Elf is bad at it.
    When I played the Elf most of my deaths came from getting surrounded and not having a good way out of it. She can CC from afar splendidly, but close she's in trouble.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • AlanEdrickAlanEdrick Joined: Posts: 1,216
    magic tiers for legacy

top tier
    stone forge mystic
    brainstorm
    force of will
    death rite shaman
    nimble mongoose
    Delver of Secrets
    show and tell
    sneak attack
    Ponder
    Swords to Plowshares
    Spell Pierce
    Abrupt Decay
    Jace the Mind Sculptor
    Thoughtseize
    Tarmogoyf
    Griselbrand
    Vendilion Clique
    Emrakul the Aeons Torn
    Shardless Agent
    Baleful Strix

When I played the Elf most of my deaths came from getting surrounded and not having a good way out of it. She can CC from afar splendidly, but close she's in trouble.

See, that's where Evasion comes in handy. If you get surrounded, just evade. The i-frames will get you out of trouble. There's also the Battle Hardened skill which prevents the Elf's charge from getting interrupted, and it also reduces damage taken. I haven't used that skill though because evading has helped me out a lot.

See, that's where Evasion comes in handy. If you get surrounded, just evade. The i-frames will get you out of trouble. There's also the Battle Hardened skill which prevents the Elf's charge from getting interrupted, and it also reduces damage taken. I haven't used that skill though because evading has helped me out a lot.

Evasion helps a lot, but besides that she lacks a truly good "get off me so I can get back and fire arrows" move. She could evade and go into a divekick though.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tekken MiniGame tiers... specifically Tekken Ball and Tekken Bowl.

For Bowl:
    S
    Yoshimitsu
    Paul
    Bryan
    Mishimas

A
    All Jacks

B
    All girls

C
    All else.

Thoughts?
    Also, I don't remember ball much, but I remember that you could d+1 and then d/b+1 with Xiaoyu all day and never lose touch. I'm going with her being S-Tier, but I can't be sure.
    yoshimitsu has terrible power on his throw, just because he has targeting does not make him S same thing with paul having power and no targeting..
    imo
    S>
    jacks
    bryan
    A
    mishimas
    kings
    paul
    B
    everyone else doesnt really matter at this point score wise

now there are subtle differences even in the mishimas like their arcs and such for example kaz/devil and lets say hei, with hei being slightly looser on control but more on power....im sure there is a legit breakdown somewhere (either earlier in this thread or on gamefaqs ^_^)
    all i know is that tragic should have picked better people for the bowling event evo 2k4 -_-
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
  • ZMangzZMangz (のヮの) Joined: Posts: 246
    mii force shirt tier list:

top tier:
    brown, light blue, white

high tier:
    red, blue, orange

mid tier:
    pink, light green, yellow, black, purple

roll tier:
    dark green
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,043
    edited October 2013
    Unreal Championship 2 for the original Xbox (because why not >_> )

1v1(survival)

S Tier:
    Sobek
    Apophis

A+ Tier;
    Sapphire
    Malcom
    Brock
    Judas
    Necris Selket

A tier:
    Anubis
    Selket
    Lauren
    Lilith
    Calypso
    Devastation

B Tier:
    Arclite
    Torgr

Shit:
    Everyone else

Below Shit:
    Raiden

Most who have played it online will probably say Anubis and Selket are A+ tier, but they aren't off-host, since Warrior Spirit was broken. Wraith > broken Warrior spirit. And Sobek is S tier because EMP burst+Rockets practically broke the game.
    edited October 2013
    Need to adjust my Radiant Historia list.

Radiant Historia Tiers:

S:
    Aht (Traps if you can move the enemy, heal and use Cross Star and combo from Dancing Dagger if you can't. Useful all game.)
    Stocke (Main character, so he's always with you. Jack of all trades. Second best enemy mover (would be first if he had a decent move to move enemies forward.) Basically your Swiss Army Knife; if you need something he's probably the one to do it.)

S-:
    Eruca (Best character in the game but she's missing from the party a majority of the time, so she is weak endgame (The fact that you get her back after not having her for the last third of the game directly before the final boss doesn't help.) Still, a beast if you grind her.)

A:

Marco (Great healer and buffer if you don't have Aht. Better at moving enemies to the front than Stocke. Not great at dealing damage without Aht.)
    Rannie (Best at dealing magic damage unless Eruca is nearby or Aht knows Cross Star. Still, she can hit all elemental weaknesses reliably.)

C:
    Gafka (Best physical attacker in the game... In the game where magic rules over all, that is. That and his poor defenses put him down here. He can still wreck if used smartly.)
    Roche (Gone from the party too often and doesn't get anything special to make up for it.)
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    edited October 2013

Radiant Historia Tiers:

S:
    Aht (Traps if you can move the enemy, heal and use Cross Star and combo from Dancing Dagger if you can't. Useful all game.)
    Stocke (Main character, so he's always with you. Jack of all trades. Second best enemy mover (would be first if he had a decent move to move enemies forward.) Basically your Swiss Army Knife; if you need something he's probably the one to do it.)

S-:
    Eruca (Best character in the game but she's missing from the party a majority of the time, so she is weak endgame (The fact that you get her back after not having her for the last third of the game directly before the final boss doesn't help.) Still, a beast if you grind her.)

A:

Marco (Great healer and buffer if you don't have Aht. Better at moving enemies to the front than Stocke. Not great at dealing damage without Aht.)
    Rannie (Best at dealing magic damage unless Eruca is nearby or Aht knows Cross Star. Still, she can hit all elemental weaknesses reliably.)

C:
    Gafka (Best physical attacker in the game... In the game where magic rules over all, that is. That and his poor defenses put him down here. He can still wreck if used smartly.)
    Roche (Gone from the party too often and doesn't get anything special to make up for it.)

Here's my tier list for comparison:
    King9999 wrote:
    Radiant Historia tiers

S
    Aht: At first, I thought she was a really weak fighter, but then I realized that her traps do crazy amounts of damage. Seriously, boss battles can end in mere minutes with her laying traps everywhere, combined with a character who has no problems knocking enemies around the field. Traps also add a lot of hits to the combo counter. In addition to having powerful magic, Aht is a strong healer. Her Lv. 2 Mana Burst is great because it will max out another character's Mana Burst gauge. Aht is the fastest character in the game, which allows her to get multiple turns.

A
    Stocke: main characters usually are high in tier lists, because they're usually the all-around type. Stocke in particular has to be an all-around fighter since he can't be taken out of your party. Fortunately, he's good on most fronts, whether it's physical or magical attacks. He can offer some healing when you're in a pinch. He has no problems moving enemies around the field, except he has no way to bring them to the front. His Lv. 3 Mana Burst is very powerful; it targets a single enemy, but that makes it ideal against bosses. Besides, if you can get all the enemies onto one space, they all take damage...this is handy, although it will take some turns getting all the enemies into position.

Gafka: He's a purely physical attacker with few support options, but that's all he needs to be effective. Several of his abilities affect multiple targets and simultaneously re-position the enemy. I found myself using Qigong Wave a lot, because it does a ton of damage. The only problem is that it only targets the middle row. Both of Gafka's Mana Bursts are powerful; using his Lv. 3 on the final boss is a bit silly though. :lol: The only issues with Gafka are his speed and his low MDF.

B
    Marco: Marco has some great support magic, and he also has options for positioning enemies on the grid. He has healing magic, but he gets the stronger skills later than other characters, which hurts him a bit. Also, he isn't particularly powerful, and all of his attack skills are single-target only. His Mana Bursts do not deal damage, but instead they buff the party.

Raynie: Raynie is a spear user, but she has a variety of elemental magic. The problem is, you have to decide whether you want Raynie to be a physical attacker or a magic-user because she can't do both of them at the same time effectively. I found her Mana Bursts to be worthless, but that's probably because she didn't have a high MAG stat when I used her (she was a physical fighter for me). Definitely use her if you like inflicting poison.

Rosch: Rosch is the tank in this game. He has very high HP and DEF at early levels, which means he will hardly die. Several of his attacks can debuff the enemy, though I find that debuff skills in general aren't as good as they could be. Being a tank, Rosch is the slowest fighter in the game, and usually has to take his turn after both your other characters and the enemy have taken their turns. I prefer his Lv 2. MB over his Lv. 3 simply because of three things: 1) it knocks the enemy into the air, allowing others to slam them to the ground; 2) it targets multiple enemies; 3) If successful, it debuffs their DEF.

C
    Eruca: Eruca's actually quite strong with her magic skills. She has the best resurrection magic in the game, but not much else in the way of healing magic. A major problem with Eruca is her dependency on MP do deal damage, since her physical power leaves a lot to be desired. Even when the enemy has low HP, you still want to use her Mana Shot to make sure the enemy actually dies. Why are guns in RPGs always so weak compared to swords? The upside to her magic attacks is that they're non-elemental, making them usuable in any situation.
  • scum gale 88scum gale 88 yo! It's SYBOK! Joined: Posts: 1,739
    Windjammers tiers?
    I always went with the guys from Spain and Italy. I seem to recall the guy from Spain having CRAZY fast super shot charge ups. I've seen players using the USA/Germany guys with surprising effectiveness. The high speed/low power characters are nuts with how they can angle their shots, but throw way slower than anyone else.

My personal list:
    Top: Spain, Korea, Italy
    Not so top: USA, Germany, Japan

Yeah there need to be more gangbang creampie porno. VAMPIRE GANGBANG CREAMPIES.

Radiant Historia Tiers:

S:

S-:

A:

C:

Here's my tier list for comparison:
    King9999 wrote:
    Radiant Historia tiers

S
    Aht: At first, I thought she was a really weak fighter, but then I realized that her traps do crazy amounts of damage. Seriously, boss battles can end in mere minutes with her laying traps everywhere, combined with a character who has no problems knocking enemies around the field. Traps also add a lot of hits to the combo counter. In addition to having powerful magic, Aht is a strong healer. Her Lv. 2 Mana Burst is great because it will max out another character's Mana Burst gauge. Aht is the fastest character in the game, which allows her to get multiple turns.

A
    Stocke: main characters usually are high in tier lists, because they're usually the all-around type. Stocke in particular has to be an all-around fighter since he can't be taken out of your party. Fortunately, he's good on most fronts, whether it's physical or magical attacks. He can offer some healing when you're in a pinch. He has no problems moving enemies around the field, except he has no way to bring them to the front. His Lv. 3 Mana Burst is very powerful; it targets a single enemy, but that makes it ideal against bosses. Besides, if you can get all the enemies onto one space, they all take damage...this is handy, although it will take some turns getting all the enemies into position.

Gafka: He's a purely physical attacker with few support options, but that's all he needs to be effective. Several of his abilities affect multiple targets and simultaneously re-position the enemy. I found myself using Qigong Wave a lot, because it does a ton of damage. The only problem is that it only targets the middle row. Both of Gafka's Mana Bursts are powerful; using his Lv. 3 on the final boss is a bit silly though. :lol: The only issues with Gafka are his speed and his low MDF.

B
    Marco: Marco has some great support magic, and he also has options for positioning enemies on the grid. He has healing magic, but he gets the stronger skills later than other characters, which hurts him a bit. Also, he isn't particularly powerful, and all of his attack skills are single-target only. His Mana Bursts do not deal damage, but instead they buff the party.

Raynie: Raynie is a spear user, but she has a variety of elemental magic. The problem is, you have to decide whether you want Raynie to be a physical attacker or a magic-user because she can't do both of them at the same time effectively. I found her Mana Bursts to be worthless, but that's probably because she didn't have a high MAG stat when I used her (she was a physical fighter for me). Definitely use her if you like inflicting poison.

Rosch: Rosch is the tank in this game. He has very high HP and DEF at early levels, which means he will hardly die. Several of his attacks can debuff the enemy, though I find that debuff skills in general aren't as good as they could be. Being a tank, Rosch is the slowest fighter in the game, and usually has to take his turn after both your other characters and the enemy have taken their turns. I prefer his Lv 2. MB over his Lv. 3 simply because of three things: 1) it knocks the enemy into the air, allowing others to slam them to the ground; 2) it targets multiple enemies; 3) If successful, it debuffs their DEF.

C
    Eruca: Eruca's actually quite strong with her magic skills. She has the best resurrection magic in the game, but not much else in the way of healing magic. A major problem with Eruca is her dependency on MP do deal damage, since her physical power leaves a lot to be desired. Even when the enemy has low HP, you still want to use her Mana Shot to make sure the enemy actually dies. Why are guns in RPGs always so weak compared to swords? The upside to her magic attacks is that they're non-elemental, making them usuable in any situation.

Funny to see how we differ on Eruca and Gafka mostly. I found Gafka's low Magic Defense and his poor damage against high defense targets to be a liability at times, while Eruca just completely started blowing everything up when I started to level her (Plus she is your best bet against Master.)

If I recall correctly from last I saw them, Windjammer tiers were in this order:

Germany
    Korea
    Japan
    Spain
    Italy
    U.S.A.

I'm sure Germany and US are correct, but not sure about the rest.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    So... Anyone want to try making a tier list of Webcomics?
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913

SSS tier but you need to have weird sense of humour

http://www.pbfcomics.com/

too slow!
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 911
    edited January 2014
    For Dragons Crown I rank amazon and wizard highest because dps. They absolutely melt bosses with the right skills equipped.
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
    petran79 wrote: »

SSS tier but you need to have weird sense of humour

http://www.pbfcomics.com/

That's one of the better ones indeed. Best comic I've probably read is Achewood. The 2004-2007 years are probably the best in webcomic history and would be at the top of any list.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • ShiroPhantomeShiroPhantome Wut is lyf? Plz Elboar8 I dant understand Joined: Posts: 65
    Quakeworld:
    Top Tier:
    Rocket Launcher
    Lightning Gun
    Mid Tier:
    SSG
    Super Nailgun
    Grenade Launcher
    Low Tier:
    Shotgun
    Nail Gun
    Shit Tier:
    Axe

Quake 3:
    OP pleasenerfthesefuckingweaponstheyruincompetitivequake Tier:
    BFG
    Lightning Gun
    High Tier:
    Rocket Launcher
    Railgun
    Mid Tier:
    Shotgun
    Plasma Gun
    Low Tier:
    Machine Gun
    Shit Tier:
    Gauntlet (the game even mocks you for being killed by it)

The Idolm@ster:
    God Tier:
    Haruka
    Chihaya
    Ritsuko
    Azusa
    High Tier:
    Takane
    Yukiho
    Makoto
    Mid Tier:
    Iori