The ST Lounge 2.360

Comments

• PastriesPastries Yep Joined: Posts: 48
    He hasn't scanned the whole thing, just character sections with hitboxes. I have those.

Oh I was under the impression he did the entire thing. Well if anyone has a copy to sell hit me up!
    Thanks BR :)
    my fight moneyyyyyyyyyyy
  • delatroydelatroy My Blue Boat Joined: Posts: 293
    edited July 2013
    Once you start, it might be difficult to stop.

http://www.the90sbutton.com/

tumblr_mimo364QwC1rdgga1o1_500.gif
    Post edited by delatroy on
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    fuck SRK, facebook is where its at now. if you haven't seen the discussions on facebook lately, you missing out homie.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    I like your comment papercut.
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276

<blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    versao-feminina-akuma-street-fighters-gostosa-mulher-sexy-nerdingow.jpg

• damdaidamdai www.damdai.com Joined: Posts: 1,079
    geadom, ST GGPO didn't exist until 2008 or 2009.
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,085
    edited August 2013
    You sure Damdai? Maybe 06 /07 but NOT 08 /09 for sure. How we can find out how old is GGPO? I only remember being all the time into it, until my eyes burned out

Edit: GGPO.NET went live in 2005. Maybe i watched EVO first, then saw Gian (who called himself KEN-OH those days) on GGPO playing Graham, but i stand correct. My god that CigarBob cabinet looked DELICIOUS the first time i saw it on pics/videos. Just watch those casuals on youtube, I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

BTW, when did Supercade went up, @Damdai ? And the service had another name before that, hmmm.. 2dFighters, wasnt it?

More edit: Gian casuals at EVO (they ended playing in the cab cause the ps2 port had lag):

Post edited by geadom on
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    one could say back in the days GGPO was great, now is full of trolls
    also ppl used to love 2df, back in the days it was a fierce competitor to GGPO, now the rare times I log in the ST room, its 1 0r 2 players online
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    Is this the year that CigarBob held a side tournament on his cabs? And that shit was x10 better than the actual Evo tourney?
    Yeah, @eltrouble , iirc, they used a home port (ps1 or dc? or was it CCC2? ) and Gian cancelled all his money matches, because he found lag. Also Kuni (?!) complained about the gief lariats with just two buttons (something that killed his negative edge / multi release SPD´s ). THANK god Cigarbob took his cabinet there, you can see the difference, Gian was missing tons on stuff on the offical tournament.

BTW, Preppy uploaded TONS of past evo footage from various game including ST / HSF2!

And yeah, 2df was glorious in the beginning.. you didnt have to open ports and there were A LOT of games there (GGPO had only like 6 or 8 titles in the beginning?).

Gian BEASTING the 3 on 3 tournament (that DID happened on the cab):

"He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • Hyphen-atedHyphen-ated Joined: Posts: 39
    damdai wrote: »
    geadom, ST GGPO didn't exist until 2008 or 2009.
    I remember reading sirlin's site and thinking "this upcoming HDR game sounds really cool, but since it's not out yet I guess I'll try ST on this ggpo thing." HDR came out in late 2008. Kinda funny that that's what got me into ST and I've still never really played HDR.

I just went to the ggpo forum archives and found people in early 2008 asking for ST to be added.

These upper+lower bounds mean that ST went up on ggpo sometime in 2008.
    No, i think the game GOT removed due to the upcoming HDR.. maybe im wrong, idk, but i remember playing ST online in 2006 or 05 (maybe with Kaillera? nah, was GGPO).

Also the port used was the PS1 one (Guile has his CPS1 chains, wtf), and after EVO DC port was found to be good (everyone thought it was crap too).

Sorry to get OFF Topic in the off topic thread guys :/
    GGPO had a public Alpha on July 11th, 2007. Before that I guess it must have been kaillera.

http://web.archive.org/web/20071024135334/http://ggpo.net/blog/

There's no mention of when SSF2T was added. I suspect it was one of the first games to be added however so my guess would be that it was playable late 2007 / early 2008.

guess it was kaillera then! More Gian beastliness to apologize for my derailing of this thread:

geadom wrote: »
    guess it was kaillera then! More Gian beastliness to apologize for my derailing of this thread:

The last thing u could do is derailing an already derailed thread by default, and now a random video to prove my point:
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=312480
    Mame dumping union got an interesting board recently.
    Don't crap your pants but I just got the best version ever made of Street Fighter 2 World Warrior. Why is it the best you ask. It's the final Japanese revision completed one day before the first version of Champion Edition was released (920312). So they were working on final updates for World Warrior at the same time they were making Champion Edition. It looks like nobody I know even knew about it until now. Until we found this I had never even heard of a World Warrior made past summer 1991 let alone the day before the first Champion Edition in 1992. So it should be the most bug free and tweaked out and also being the Japan version, the AI is going to be more pure and not quarter sucking.

In other words the very last revision of World Warrior.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    I've heard a lot of crap about AI differences, but I could never grasp any difference. Ryu perhaps being harder in the Japanese version or Guile being easier. They all seemed easy as hell, and the cheesy stuff seemed pretty similar. Unless you pick Gief and either fight Sagat or face Claw and he decides to dive you to death.
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    this nov HD release

eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    edited August 2013
    jedpossum wrote: »
    http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=312480
    Mame dumping union got an interesting board recently.
    Don't crap your pants but I just got the best version ever made of Street Fighter 2 World Warrior. Why is it the best you ask. It's the final Japanese revision completed one day before the first version of Champion Edition was released (920312). So they were working on final updates for World Warrior at the same time they were making Champion Edition. It looks like nobody I know even knew about it until now. Until we found this I had never even heard of a World Warrior made past summer 1991 let alone the day before the first Champion Edition in 1992. So it should be the most bug free and tweaked out and also being the Japan version, the AI is going to be more pure and not quarter sucking.

In other words the very last revision of World Warrior.

Possible ROM dump in the futer ?

edit: woops nvm
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    I LOLed
  • GanelonGanelon Joined: Posts: 1,101
    edited August 2013
    Gone Home is a recently released adventure game that has received mainstream coverage and is—according to some game critics—already in the running for adventure game of the year (probably won't appeal to most folks here though). The game's setting is in 1995...

Skip to 31:09 if the link doesn't direct to the correct time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ak4wU8Gp2RQ#t=1869

Apparently, alongside other 90s era LGBT-friendly pop culture icons mentioned in the game such as The X-Files and Riot grrrl, we have... Super Street Fighter II? It's the only game in which that moves list makes sense. And Street Fighter actually does tie into the adventure's plot but I won't spoil the rest.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    edited August 2013
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    I love adventure games. This game is definitely on my to-play list.
    i have nothing to say, i'm only posting cause i want to show off my new avatar.

pS2X57MCXZSL0.jpg
    yeah yeah i know it rocks

this trailer is simply amazing
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064

LOL, after reading the Youtube comments it's clear that every video game has its fanboys and shit. People talking about how Diablo 3 sucks and Diablo 2 is better. Where have I heard that before...
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    LOL, after reading the Youtube comments it's clear that every video game has its fanboys and shit. People talking about how Diablo 3 sucks and Diablo 2 is better. Where have I heard that before...
    They are idiots, since both games are crap where you the same stupid thing over and over, in the (often vain) hope of finding some item with a purposely exaggeratedly low drop rate.
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    How did capcom atrociously mess this version?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbNKim13TeE&list=HL1393860856
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 577
    Sesshomaru wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the private video.

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Where are all the people at? GGPO is now dead...
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Where are all the people at? GGPO is now dead...

Fightcade.com