The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    if they don't it will completely ruin any awesomeness the series may have.

watched ep 1, frankly i'm a little disappointed. it feels awkward and boring in parts, maybe my expectations were too high. i'd give it a b, maybe a c+. hoping ep 2 will change my mind

also don't worry morphiend, imo thrones is weaker than Clash of Kings, which itself is weaker than Storm of Swords (imo the best in the series)
    all are better than A Feast For Crows, sadly
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • CLU 2CLU 2 Capcom's gonna get sued for that ass. Joined: Posts: 5,710
    I don't see how they cannot.

It wouldn't be ASoIAF.

Ice, Ice baby, too cold, too cold, Ice, Ice baby...
    "Terribad FG." ~ Hatred Edge, on Soul Calibur V

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol fish: you remember the message my friend texted me when he read the part about the Red Wedding?

yeah

best surprise story twist

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m night shamalan should take notes

also i liked feast for crows because cersei keeps getting pwned. that's what she gets for being a bitch.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
    yeah

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also i liked feast for crows because cersei keeps getting pwned. that's what she gets for being a bitch.

Surprise?

I saw the Red Wedding coming from the beginning.

Not the form, but the end result.

The whole things that make you go Un, was interesting, if deus ex machina.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
  • daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    Okay,

I couldn't take it and I downloaded the audiobook because I can't be bothered to read, I got a short attention span. I listen to it on my commute to work and around my apartment I'll put it on. I like the series, but I like the fleshed out story from the book better.

Some changes I can understand, like raising the ages of the kids, but I do like thinking of how savage a time it was to have a 13 year old on the wall.

Other changes I don't understand like when Catelyn went to King's Landing, she went by boat and arrived before her husband in the book.

In the show she went by ground and arrived after.

New episode tonight, I'll check it out in the morning when I get off work.
  • BananaWeedBananaWeed Virtual Hobo Joined: Posts: 1,833
    I got my wife hooked on GoT. She didn't wanna watch it because it's fantasy-based, but I told her it was good based on SRK reviews. Now she can't wait for the next episode. :tup:
    Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me
    PSN = BananaWeed
  • danimedanime dat swede. Joined: Posts: 174
    Read all the books before, though the series kinda slipped my mind after like 4-5 years of waiting for the next one, but a friend started to watch this and reminded me again :p Loved the books, so I'm going to watch this, and my friend borrowed my books to read the real deal.
    Tu-tu-ruu~ Danime desu!
  • MorphiendMorphiend Your game is pretty good: Joined: Posts: 1,611
    i think the first 4 episodes have been pretty boring so far. the cliffhanger in this last episode with tyrion and lady stark is where things really start to pick up. there are a couple of "oh shit" moments i can't wait to see. hodor didn't look quite like i thought he would but they got sam perfectly. i don't know why but i don't like the way the guy who plays littlefinger is acting him out. i get that he's supposed to be shady but something about him irritates me.

i'm about 60% through with a clash of kings and it is definitely more exciting than the first book. there's been more suspense and i am looking forward to finishing it and starting the next one.
  • peacehandpeacehand Joined: Posts: 28
    A Song of Ice and Fire is an excellent series. If you have a chance to pick up the books, you won't regret it. I do wish they had other Regents though, like more Asian or Arab influences.
    The sigh of summer upon my return
    Fifteen alike since I was here
    Bathed in deep fog, blurring my trail
    Snuffing the first morning rays
  • StabbyStabby 北丐 Joined: Posts: 4,146
    NOW I remember why I hate Catelyn. Bitch just fucked up everything.

WOMEN smh
    Matriarch...Cook?
    Yeah right. Wouldn't trust a recipe from that one. Snake venom. "Eye of Newt."
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,829 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that poor horse.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    yeah

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just passed that part in storm of swords and was like "wow, i can't believe that just happened." i mean after what happened in the first book it's not entirely surprising but two of them were my favorite characters. now i don't know who to care about.

this weekend's episode is called "the golden crown" which can only mean one thing. i can't wait to see how they pull it off. i thought they depicted tyrion's sky jail pretty well except isn't there supposed to be a slope towards the edge? the two other scenes i want to see are the big shocking scene and the final scene from the first book.
    i understand why they had jaime and ned fighting to a standstill, but its still irksome. in the books jaime was the best swordsman in the seven kingdoms which explained his extreme arrogance, and it also helps explain why things change later on.
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    sweet... thought I was the only one watching this show. now i can join in the discussion.
    Respected... simple as that.
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    great episode, i liked that Ned is slowly figuring out the dealo with the Lanisters (relating to geoffrey lol)

also that golden crown was well deserved hahaha
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    By the way, episode 7 also came out yesterday. It was web only but some torrent sites have a rip of it.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    web only... alight... care to link val?

didnt they use to put episode of series up early on the on demand features of cable... they need to bring that back.
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,019
    Getting Ep.7! Fucking LOVE this show!
    For your information I actually don't have a clue where it was but I know some really nice sites have it.

If you demand a link, I unfortunately can't oblige dude.

I suck at subtlety. The official HBO website has the episodes but you can't download it from there. You can stream though.
    LOL ok.. my bad I thought you were speaking like hbo site (since they did say you could watch "some" of the episode). i figured it was that.
    The HBO website has full episode 7 I believe.
    Is there a new way to spoiler tag?

Jaime is supposed to be the best, but Ned isn't bad either. It was interrupted before it was over, but the match would probably have gone to Jaime.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    God its been so long since I read the books, but wasn't Ned originally part of this elite group of fighters, and he participated in this badass epic battle where they beat the elite guards of the Targaryen king? Shit its been so long. Gonna have to reread once DANCE WITH DRAGONS COMES out.

also, how come koop has a "premium supporter" banner and I don't? I'm jealous.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
    Let's face it, Tyrion is the greatest Lannister.
    unrelated sorry, but is there a Camelot thread as well? lol
    love both shows, but Games is more gritty for sure.
    There's no Camelot thread. Go ahead and start one though I'll gladly post in it. Or should we just make an HBO thread for spartacus, Camelot and the Borgias?
    Tyrion is my favorite character in the book, followed by Arya, then Jon.

Sadly, Feast for Crows introduced a whole bunch of unnecessary and unneeded characters.
    maybe edit this one into a "Medieval TV " thread lool
    naw jaime is my favorite. GRRM went too far with tyrion and made him too ridiculous (a dwarf that is a major target fighting and surviving in the midst of combat, please), it was too obvious that tyrion was his favorite character so i lost a little bit of interest. tyrion is still top 3 though no question.
    -Churchill
    For the other tv shows, feel free to post in here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/historically-inaccurate-television-camelot-spartacus-borgias-etc.137172/

They don't have the same following so one thread for all of them seems ok.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,317 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ned should have laid that murder game down, b

Edit: Just finished Episode 7. THAT BITCH ASS NIGGA

tumblr_ljeyjtlZ1Y1qgmgjuo1_500.gif
    Tyrion is my favorite character in the book, followed by Arya, then Jon.

Sadly, Feast for Crows introduced a whole bunch of unnecessary and unneeded characters.

Same here, and I like Jamie as well.
    Tyrion in the audiobook has a ton of quotables that are hilarious. It was fucked up what his dad did to him to end his marriage, but I laughed at it. His dad Lord Tywin is hardcore.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,829 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol da nigga wit the golden crown...ouch.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • StarlightStarlight Joined: Posts: 48
    Need more direwolves.

I dont know if i even want to read Feast considering all the mix/bad shit i been hearing. might just read summaries on it before Dance comes out.

And lol i remember why I hate Cat and Cersei so much.. The starks and lannisters need to just meet up and have both these bitches represent each House and battle it out. Winner fights Dany.
    Feast isn't bad so much as it isn't the same sort of book. It is mostly a set-up book that is showing how things work out more than new shit happening, most of the cast is new, and no chapters for the most popular characters. Like getting a sandwich with no meat.

Sansa, Cersei, Cat all for bottom tier.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    Sansa, Catelyn, Eddard are bottom tier, Cersei is Gangsta.
    Sansa-Whiney Bitch
    Catelyn-Crabby Bitch
    Eddard-Too Noble, doesn't know how to play the game
    Arya should be running Winterfell
  • MrQuotesMrQuotes WOLFFYYYYY!!! Joined: Posts: 2,025
    Gronn, Tyrion, Arya, my favorite chracters in that order.
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    :eek:-x--<
  • HFXHFX out of practice abel Joined: Posts: 4,739
    So I couldnt wait and watched ep. 7.

Now I have to wait 2 weeks to know whats gonna happen next. FUCK.
    Kanagawa/Malaysia - Team FRB Japan 2012 Til Infinity
    https://twitter.com/abelity_
  • SMBSMB Crackin' some NUTS! Joined: Posts: 1,725
    Been waiting a loooong time to see Visery's get his long-deserved golden crown.

There's only three episodes left in this season - that means there's a lotta' good shit to cram in before they get started on Book 2.
    You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, its about a shark that throws up so many people... they have to open a beach.

Thanks de BLOO.
    jaime is ok, but it was basically taking one of the villains in the first book and giving him a POV. the reason i like tyrion: when Jon asks Tyrion why he reads so much, Tyrion says he's an ugly short dwarf, so he has to rely on his smarts and the books keep him sharp. hell yeah!

i like eddard, he's such a good noble character, but he should have listened to littlefinger's advice: "Not trusting me is the smartest thing you did since you've arrived"
    I really wish some of the shit that's about to happen hadn't been spoiled to me by friends who read the books.

"Aw man I can't wait to see X character die!" Dude! STFU!
    LOL those bastards
    I really wish some of the shit that's about to happen hadn't been spoiled to me by friends who read the books.

"Aw man I can't wait to see X character die!" Dude! STFU!

lol! I'm trying to get my friends to read the books and watch the show, so I'm holding back the spoilers, because that will make the horrific character deaths that much more emotionally powerful.
    I got the next big death spoiled for me and that makes me sad.
  • InverseInverse You? Destroy...me? Joined: Posts: 1,711
    Been meaning to watch this show~ from the sound of it (avoiding spoilers best I can~ lol) it's as good as sex, but with just a bit more blood. Going to have to download it~ <3
    "So Ryu is looking like poop more and more?"
    ~Rockman85

"No you'll just have to actually learn how to use Ryu."
    ~Deviljin 01
    watching this reminds me again how pissed i was that eddard didn't take renly's advice and 100 swords.
    -Churchill
    couldn't wait and watched episode 7. it's about time shit got serious. i remember that the big swerve happened pretty early in the first book so it seems like they have a lot of stuff to fit into the remaining episodes.

i just finished the third book today and it was indeed the best out of the first 3. one thing i don't like about the series is how the end of almost every chapter is like a mini cliff hanger that makes you want to keep reading but then the thing NEVER gets explained or brought up again.
    I got the next big death spoiled for me and that makes me sad.

Game saves the best for last

Who's the guy who fought in place of Tyrion? Or is that a spoiler? If so, dont spoil me lol
    Not a spoiler, he is a Bronn "sell sword", hired gun type. He was one of the people that helped Catelyn capture Tyrion at the inn.

I have to watch each episode at least 3 times, because some things go so fast. I finished the audiobook of Game Of Thrones, might start the second book sometime this week.
    Ah okay, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, its hard for me to catch every details in one viewing too.