The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    Great 2 episodes so far, but I will not read the books.
    Short attention span in my adulthood.
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i suggest to everyone here that you do your damndest to avoid being spoiled, this series has a lot of 'oh shit!' moments and they really lose their value when you know about them beforehand or learn of them out of context.

clu: lol, no need. it was just a string of curse words, something like "WHAT THE FUCK!? they [blank]?! WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK! FUCKING HELL, GODDAMMIT" etc.
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • CLU 2CLU 2 Capcom's gonna get sued for that ass. Joined: Posts: 5,710
    Great 2 episodes so far, but I will not read the books.
    Short attention span in my adulthood.

Danerys is 13 in the books, if that helps.

This is SRK, after all... I might not be able to cure the rampant weeaboo paedophlia endemic herein, but I shall fight to increase literacy no matter where I go.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    "Terribad FG." ~ Hatred Edge, on Soul Calibur V

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
    i suggest to everyone here that you do your damndest to avoid being spoiled, this series has a lot of 'oh shit!' moments and they really lose their value when you know about them beforehand or learn of them out of context.

clu: lol, no need. it was just a string of curse words, something like "WHAT THE FUCK!? they [blank]?! WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK! FUCKING HELL, GODDAMMIT" etc.

Pro tip for your friend should have read: if an entire family has a pov, save for one member (barring the toddler), there exists a better than good chance that said character is not going to end well.

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
    lol that's almost spoiler territory son! but yeah it's a fair bet.

not that being a central character protects you from the axe, as we all know :)
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
    lol that's almost spoiler territory son! but yeah it's a fair bet.

not that being a central character protects you from the axe, as we all know :)

Oooooh... the axe.

That's as cold as Ice, son! ;)

Danerys is 13 in the books, if that helps.

This is SRK, after all... I might not be able to cure the rampant weeaboo paedophlia endemic herein, but I shall fight to increase literacy no matter where I go.

They needed to do a better job getting that across. I was wondering how old she was supposed to be because they were talking to her like she was retarded. I thought maybe she was 17-18 since her brother said he waited 17 years for the throne.
    They needed to do a better job getting that across. I was wondering how old she was supposed to be because they were talking to her like she was retarded. I thought maybe she was 17-18 since her brother said he waited 17 years for the throne.

They made her legal aged, in the T.V. series, to make her being forcibly ridden by a creepy psychopathic Mongol more palatable to modern Bible-Belt sensibilities.

• MorphiendMorphiend Your game is pretty good: Joined: Posts: 1,611
    i started reading the book and am 70% done according to kindle. the first 50% was kinda slow but from 50-70% the action has picked up immensely. the first 2 episodes were good but i hope they get to the good shit soon.
    finished the book last night. it wasn't as awesome as everyone said but it was decent. it just started a little too slow for me. also i'd be in the middle of some awesome suspense or battle chapters and then there would be a totally slow chapter which totally threw off the pacing of the book. overall i'd give it an 8/10. i'm going to start the second one soon.

some questions about what will happen in the tv show..
    will they really kill off ned stark!?!?!?
    if they don't it will completely ruin any awesomeness the series may have.

watched ep 1, frankly i'm a little disappointed. it feels awkward and boring in parts, maybe my expectations were too high. i'd give it a b, maybe a c+. hoping ep 2 will change my mind

also don't worry morphiend, imo thrones is weaker than Clash of Kings, which itself is weaker than Storm of Swords (imo the best in the series)
    all are better than A Feast For Crows, sadly
    -Churchill
    I don't see how they cannot.

It wouldn't be ASoIAF.

Ice, Ice baby, too cold, too cold, Ice, Ice baby...

• fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol fish: you remember the message my friend texted me when he read the part about the Red Wedding?

yeah

best surprise story twist

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m night shamalan should take notes

also i liked feast for crows because cersei keeps getting pwned. that's what she gets for being a bitch.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
    yeah

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also i liked feast for crows because cersei keeps getting pwned. that's what she gets for being a bitch.

Surprise?

I saw the Red Wedding coming from the beginning.

Not the form, but the end result.

The whole things that make you go Un, was interesting, if deus ex machina.

Okay,

I couldn't take it and I downloaded the audiobook because I can't be bothered to read, I got a short attention span. I listen to it on my commute to work and around my apartment I'll put it on. I like the series, but I like the fleshed out story from the book better.

Some changes I can understand, like raising the ages of the kids, but I do like thinking of how savage a time it was to have a 13 year old on the wall.

Other changes I don't understand like when Catelyn went to King's Landing, she went by boat and arrived before her husband in the book.

In the show she went by ground and arrived after.

New episode tonight, I'll check it out in the morning when I get off work.
  • BananaWeedBananaWeed Virtual Hobo Joined: Posts: 1,833
    I got my wife hooked on GoT. She didn't wanna watch it because it's fantasy-based, but I told her it was good based on SRK reviews. Now she can't wait for the next episode. :tup:
    Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me
    PSN = BananaWeed
  • danimedanime dat swede. Joined: Posts: 174
    Read all the books before, though the series kinda slipped my mind after like 4-5 years of waiting for the next one, but a friend started to watch this and reminded me again :p Loved the books, so I'm going to watch this, and my friend borrowed my books to read the real deal.
    Tu-tu-ruu~ Danime desu!
    i think the first 4 episodes have been pretty boring so far. the cliffhanger in this last episode with tyrion and lady stark is where things really start to pick up. there are a couple of "oh shit" moments i can't wait to see. hodor didn't look quite like i thought he would but they got sam perfectly. i don't know why but i don't like the way the guy who plays littlefinger is acting him out. i get that he's supposed to be shady but something about him irritates me.

i'm about 60% through with a clash of kings and it is definitely more exciting than the first book. there's been more suspense and i am looking forward to finishing it and starting the next one.
  • peacehandpeacehand Joined: Posts: 28
    A Song of Ice and Fire is an excellent series. If you have a chance to pick up the books, you won't regret it. I do wish they had other Regents though, like more Asian or Arab influences.
    The sigh of summer upon my return
    Fifteen alike since I was here
    Bathed in deep fog, blurring my trail
    Snuffing the first morning rays
  • StabbyStabby 北丐 Joined: Posts: 4,146
    NOW I remember why I hate Catelyn. Bitch just fucked up everything.

WOMEN smh
    Matriarch...Cook?
    Yeah right. Wouldn't trust a recipe from that one. Snake venom. "Eye of Newt."
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that poor horse.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    yeah

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just passed that part in storm of swords and was like "wow, i can't believe that just happened." i mean after what happened in the first book it's not entirely surprising but two of them were my favorite characters. now i don't know who to care about.

this weekend's episode is called "the golden crown" which can only mean one thing. i can't wait to see how they pull it off. i thought they depicted tyrion's sky jail pretty well except isn't there supposed to be a slope towards the edge? the two other scenes i want to see are the big shocking scene and the final scene from the first book.
    i understand why they had jaime and ned fighting to a standstill, but its still irksome. in the books jaime was the best swordsman in the seven kingdoms which explained his extreme arrogance, and it also helps explain why things change later on.
    -Churchill
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    sweet... thought I was the only one watching this show. now i can join in the discussion.
    Respected... simple as that.
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    great episode, i liked that Ned is slowly figuring out the dealo with the Lanisters (relating to geoffrey lol)

also that golden crown was well deserved hahaha
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    By the way, episode 7 also came out yesterday. It was web only but some torrent sites have a rip of it.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    web only... alight... care to link val?

didnt they use to put episode of series up early on the on demand features of cable... they need to bring that back.
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,048
    Getting Ep.7! Fucking LOVE this show!
    For your information I actually don't have a clue where it was but I know some really nice sites have it.

If you demand a link, I unfortunately can't oblige dude.

I suck at subtlety. The official HBO website has the episodes but you can't download it from there. You can stream though.
    LOL ok.. my bad I thought you were speaking like hbo site (since they did say you could watch "some" of the episode). i figured it was that.
    The HBO website has full episode 7 I believe.
  • StabbyStabby 北丐 Joined: Posts: 4,146
    Is there a new way to spoiler tag?

Jaime is supposed to be the best, but Ned isn't bad either. It was interrupted before it was over, but the match would probably have gone to Jaime.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    Yeah right. Wouldn't trust a recipe from that one. Snake venom. "Eye of Newt."
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    God its been so long since I read the books, but wasn't Ned originally part of this elite group of fighters, and he participated in this badass epic battle where they beat the elite guards of the Targaryen king? Shit its been so long. Gonna have to reread once DANCE WITH DRAGONS COMES out.

also, how come koop has a "premium supporter" banner and I don't? I'm jealous.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
    Let's face it, Tyrion is the greatest Lannister.
    unrelated sorry, but is there a Camelot thread as well? lol
    love both shows, but Games is more gritty for sure.
    There's no Camelot thread. Go ahead and start one though I'll gladly post in it. Or should we just make an HBO thread for spartacus, Camelot and the Borgias?
    Tyrion is my favorite character in the book, followed by Arya, then Jon.

Sadly, Feast for Crows introduced a whole bunch of unnecessary and unneeded characters.
    maybe edit this one into a "Medieval TV " thread lool
    naw jaime is my favorite. GRRM went too far with tyrion and made him too ridiculous (a dwarf that is a major target fighting and surviving in the midst of combat, please), it was too obvious that tyrion was his favorite character so i lost a little bit of interest. tyrion is still top 3 though no question.
    -Churchill
    For the other tv shows, feel free to post in here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/historically-inaccurate-television-camelot-spartacus-borgias-etc.137172/

They don't have the same following so one thread for all of them seems ok.