The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,402 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ned should have laid that murder game down, b

Edit: Just finished Episode 7. THAT BITCH ASS NIGGA

tumblr_ljeyjtlZ1Y1qgmgjuo1_500.gif
  • daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    Tyrion is my favorite character in the book, followed by Arya, then Jon.

Sadly, Feast for Crows introduced a whole bunch of unnecessary and unneeded characters.

Same here, and I like Jamie as well.
    Tyrion in the audiobook has a ton of quotables that are hilarious. It was fucked up what his dad did to him to end his marriage, but I laughed at it. His dad Lord Tywin is hardcore.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,321 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol da nigga wit the golden crown...ouch.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • StarlightStarlight Joined: Posts: 48
    Need more direwolves.

I dont know if i even want to read Feast considering all the mix/bad shit i been hearing. might just read summaries on it before Dance comes out.

And lol i remember why I hate Cat and Cersei so much.. The starks and lannisters need to just meet up and have both these bitches represent each House and battle it out. Winner fights Dany.
  • StabbyStabby 北丐 Joined: Posts: 4,146
    Feast isn't bad so much as it isn't the same sort of book. It is mostly a set-up book that is showing how things work out more than new shit happening, most of the cast is new, and no chapters for the most popular characters. Like getting a sandwich with no meat.

Sansa, Cersei, Cat all for bottom tier.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    Yeah right. Wouldn't trust a recipe from that one. Snake venom. "Eye of Newt."
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    Sansa, Catelyn, Eddard are bottom tier, Cersei is Gangsta.
    Sansa-Whiney Bitch
    Catelyn-Crabby Bitch
    Eddard-Too Noble, doesn't know how to play the game
    Arya should be running Winterfell
  • MrQuotesMrQuotes WOLFFYYYYY!!! Joined: Posts: 2,025
    Gronn, Tyrion, Arya, my favorite chracters in that order.
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    :eek:-x--<
  • HFXHFX forgotten abel Joined: Posts: 4,742
    So I couldnt wait and watched ep. 7.

Now I have to wait 2 weeks to know whats gonna happen next. FUCK.
    Malaysia / Kuching FGC | Twitter @ abelity_ | Facebook @ facebook.com/showmeyourabelity | Youtube @ youtube.com/c/ShowMeYourAbelity
  • SMBSMB Crackin' some NUTS! Joined: Posts: 1,725
    Been waiting a loooong time to see Visery's get his long-deserved golden crown.

There's only three episodes left in this season - that means there's a lotta' good shit to cram in before they get started on Book 2.
    You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, its about a shark that throws up so many people... they have to open a beach.

Thanks de BLOO.
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jaime is ok, but it was basically taking one of the villains in the first book and giving him a POV. the reason i like tyrion: when Jon asks Tyrion why he reads so much, Tyrion says he's an ugly short dwarf, so he has to rely on his smarts and the books keep him sharp. hell yeah!

i like eddard, he's such a good noble character, but he should have listened to littlefinger's advice: "Not trusting me is the smartest thing you did since you've arrived"
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    I really wish some of the shit that's about to happen hadn't been spoiled to me by friends who read the books.

"Aw man I can't wait to see X character die!" Dude! STFU!
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    LOL those bastards
    I really wish some of the shit that's about to happen hadn't been spoiled to me by friends who read the books.

"Aw man I can't wait to see X character die!" Dude! STFU!

lol! I'm trying to get my friends to read the books and watch the show, so I'm holding back the spoilers, because that will make the horrific character deaths that much more emotionally powerful.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
    I got the next big death spoiled for me and that makes me sad.
  • InverseInverse You? Destroy...me? Joined: Posts: 1,711
    Been meaning to watch this show~ from the sound of it (avoiding spoilers best I can~ lol) it's as good as sex, but with just a bit more blood. Going to have to download it~ <3
    "So Ryu is looking like poop more and more?"
    ~Rockman85

"No you'll just have to actually learn how to use Ryu."
    ~Deviljin 01
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    watching this reminds me again how pissed i was that eddard didn't take renly's advice and 100 swords.
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • MorphiendMorphiend Your game is pretty good: Joined: Posts: 1,611
    couldn't wait and watched episode 7. it's about time shit got serious. i remember that the big swerve happened pretty early in the first book so it seems like they have a lot of stuff to fit into the remaining episodes.

i just finished the third book today and it was indeed the best out of the first 3. one thing i don't like about the series is how the end of almost every chapter is like a mini cliff hanger that makes you want to keep reading but then the thing NEVER gets explained or brought up again.
  • CLU 2CLU 2 Capcom's gonna get sued for that ass. Joined: Posts: 5,710
    I got the next big death spoiled for me and that makes me sad.

Game saves the best for last
    "Terribad FG." ~ Hatred Edge, on Soul Calibur V

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
    Who's the guy who fought in place of Tyrion? Or is that a spoiler? If so, dont spoil me lol
    Malaysia / Kuching FGC | Twitter @ abelity_ | Facebook @ facebook.com/showmeyourabelity | Youtube @ youtube.com/c/ShowMeYourAbelity
    Not a spoiler, he is a Bronn "sell sword", hired gun type. He was one of the people that helped Catelyn capture Tyrion at the inn.

I have to watch each episode at least 3 times, because some things go so fast. I finished the audiobook of Game Of Thrones, might start the second book sometime this week.
    Ah okay, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, its hard for me to catch every details in one viewing too.
    Not to be a bastard, but how come so many in here are not compelled to actually READ the story, as well?

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
    I have no desire to read the books as of right now since I have a backlog of things to read already.
    I have no desire to read the books as of right now since I have a backlog of things to read already.

Ah.

Cool.

Still...

What's on your backlog, Gui?

I'm currently mowing through Abercrombie's First Law trilogy, and I think it blows Martin out of the water.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Not to be a bastard, but how come so many in here are not compelled to actually READ the story, as well?

Cant say I'm not compelled, its just that I still have quite a few books to finish reading before I can even think of starting to read the A Song of Ice and Fire series, but I'll get to it. There's gonna be a long wait after this season ends, I believe by the time S2 starts airing, I'd already read at the very least one book in the series.
    I have a couple of James Patterson books to read. The second Richard Castle, Simong Pegg's book, Adam Carolla's book and I need to proofread the novel I wrote earlier this year because I send it to have it printed.
    I have a couple of James Patterson books to read. The second Richard Castle, Simong Pegg's book, Adam Carolla's book and I need to proofread the novel I wrote earlier this year because I send it to have it printed.

Nice!

What's your novel aboot?

Typical thriller/detective story. It's nothing special or anything actually worth reading but I wanted to prove to myself I could do it.
  • FiveTwelveFiveTwelve talk fast, pimp slow Joined: Posts: 1,152
    Damn show keeps getting better and better. I was foolish enough to hear some spoilers and suffice to say that the damn show keeps getting better and better.
    did you know theres a level 4 to my game? i cant even describe it with a title because i never have gone there in reality but i know it exists...like a nightmare.
    Abercrombie as good as Martin? No. No, no, no.

NBA finals are hurting the ratings on this, but the ratings are staying solid anyway.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    Abercrombie as good as Martin? No. No, no, no.

NBA finals are hurting the ratings on this, but the ratings are staying solid anyway.

Show me one instance of Abercrombie dropping the ball, for even single a chapter, the way Martin did during Ass Feces of Culos.

I liked some parts of feast. cersei gets pwned and exposed as a moron. jamie pwns her more. loser fat dude gets laid - hooray for nerds!
    I liked some parts of feast. cersei gets pwned and exposed as a moron. jamie pwns her more. loser fat dude gets laid - hooray for nerds!

I preferred Cersei as a mysterious force, not a lucky imbecile.

Jaime's coolest parts were in his dreams and with the Blackfish. He was wishy washy with Cersei.

And morbidly obese nerds getting it on with severely inbred lactating titties should bring no man joy. Barring Million.

• BananaWeedBananaWeed Virtual Hobo Joined: Posts: 1,833
    I'm lovin' the show so far. I also got my wife hooked on it. I'm also planning on picking up the books.
    Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me
    PSN = BananaWeed
    Valaris, bring back spoiler tags. This thread needs them.

FFC was boring, but it wasn't mean to be exciting, it was building for a new major conflict and showing the fallout of the shit that had been happening in books 1 - 3. Major focus was on a certain cunt that no one likes, a bunch of new characters from places we hadn't seen, and boring characters from previous books.

CLU, you finish first law trilogy? I read it back when it was still coming out in the UK, so I'm not sure about the spoilers.
    First law did some new things with fantasy, had some very interesting characters, but so much of it was made pointless by itself. The ending of book 2 pissed me off, and the siege of that one city felt pointless when the only character you cared about could have left at any time with no worries. Abercrombie's reach exceeded his grasp, but due to inexperience rather than incompetence.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    I'm a mod, not an admin.
    Spoiler tags are back [/spoilers
    Problem with feast is that it NEVER should have happened in the first place. It was supposed to be one book, but it was broken up into two: Feast for crows and Dance with dragons, as a result of there being too much material. And unfortunately, Feast ended up with mostly low tier characters that nobody cared about. The editor should have just said: "yo brah, but nobody wants to read a POV about Brienne of Tarth and a bunch of random characters. they're not interesting enough in their own right. yeah sure a lot of your fans are fat nerds, but a hot steamy sex scene where a fat nerd gets his jollies off while cool, doesn't warrant an entire POV. we all just wanna see Dany return and rape everyone"

Still, seeing Cersei get pwned (LOL at the part where she asks that one dude to "take care" of Bronn and the hilarious end result) and the Sansa Stark story arc conclusion (Lysa: "IM A CRAZY BITCH" Petyr: "I only ever loved Catelyn" -> crouching fierce -> HYPER COMBO FINISH!!!! -> guardbreak on singer -> ROM infinite) made the book worth it. the cheesy Brienne cliffhanger ending with the "one word" (WHAT COULD THE WORD BE?) was lame though.
    Problem with feast is that it NEVER should have happened in the first place. It was supposed to be one book, but it was broken up into two: Feast for crows and Dance with dragons, as a result of there being too much material. And unfortunately, Feast ended up with mostly low tier characters that nobody cared about. The editor should have just said: "yo brah, but nobody wants to read a POV about Brienne of Tarth and a bunch of random characters. they're not interesting enough in their own right. yeah sure a lot of your fans are fat nerds, but a hot steamy sex scene where a fat nerd gets his jollies off while cool, doesn't warrant an entire POV. we all just wanna see Dany return and rape everyone"

Still, seeing Cersei get pwned (LOL at the part where she asks that one dude to "take care" of Bronn and the hilarious end result) and the Sansa Stark story arc conclusion (Lysa: "IM A CRAZY BITCH" Petyr: "I only ever loved Catelyn" -> crouching fierce -> HYPER COMBO FINISH!!!! -> guardbreak on singer -> ROM infinite) made the book worth it. the cheesy Brienne cliffhanger ending with the "one word" (WHAT COULD THE WORD BE?) was lame though.

Littlefinger giving Lysa the middle finger was at the end of Storm - the good book.

Further
    Feast/Dance was meant to be told in retrospective, originally, during the original Dance manuscript. Martin allegedly found he couldn't make it work in the dialogue. More than likely, however, his publishers got a dose of Jordanitis, and told him to rewrite it and stretch it out, and thus he spent over 5 years "working on it/novellas, card games, comic books, figurines, the HBO series.

Littlefinger giving Lysa the middle finger was at the end of Storm - the good book.

wait it was? oh damn, never mind. god there were so many good scenes in storm of swords.

other favorites include (totally spoiler free)

Dornish dude: YOU RAPED MY SISTER! SAY IT!
    Sandor: Yeah I raped her TROLOLOL! SHINYUUUUUUUUKEN!

Shae: MMMMMM you so big
    Tyrion: FUCK YOU WHORE!!!! SHORYUREPPA!!!

... a few seconds later ....

Tywin: You STILL tripping about that wife of yours that I turned into a whore?
    Tyrion: FUCK YOU DADDY!!!!! PROTON CANNON!!!!