The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,313 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • HFXHFX out of practice abel Joined: Posts: 4,739
    My friend posted these on Facebook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM&feature
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOoA1OtcNjM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Black people take Game of Thrones seriously :rofl:

lol i posted both of those links to my fb, though i dont think im on your list lol
    Kanagawa/Malaysia - Team FRB Japan 2012 Til Infinity
    https://twitter.com/abelity_
  • CLU 2CLU 2 Capcom's gonna get sued for that ass. Joined: Posts: 5,710
    Sean Bean always dies.
    Ever since Patriot Games, its "Bean: never bet on taking the black."

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    "Terribad FG." ~ Hatred Edge, on Soul Calibur V

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DID THEY SERIOUSLY END IT LIKE THAT? OMFG I NEVER THOUGHT THEY WOULD OFF HIM

i haven't watched the show, but this post made me LOL hard
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
    i haven't watched the show, but this post made me LOL hard

After watching those videos, I cannot WAIT to heart about all of the Game of Thrones rage quitters to come, lol.

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
    people would really quit watching because characters they like got killed off? smh
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Bounce Man Joined: Posts: 3,116
    this show is awesome though lol
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LMAO at the dude freaking out on youtube!

• WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    how the hell did that guy have a youtube page up reviewing game of thrones and not a single asshole pm'd him the spoiler before this? that's pretty miraculous imo
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
    the only reason i started reading ice and fire was years ago, i was reading Dragon magazine (a D&D magazine), and they did a whole D&D campaign setting based on Westeros as it existed during the Game of Thrones. And as I was reading the spoilers, I was like damn, this sounds like an epic story. So then I read it. And the whole time I was thinking, nah, no way they're gonna off him like that, even though I had already read the spoilers. I just refused to believe it. And then it happened.

Later, I was googling and came across a Stormfront thread (nazis like ice and fire) discussing the red wedding, so I got that spoiled. But as I was reading the book, I was like, nah, no way they're gonna off them like that, even though the nazis had already spoiled it. And then they did. And then there were zombies. lulz.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i actually hadn't been spoiled at all, i literally just grabbed AGOT off a bookshelf in the library for a random fantasy novel to read. bran getting chucked, i was like oh damn! and was hooked. then we had the other stuff happen and each time i was totally taken by surprise.

the red wedding got me the worst tho, i literally had to put the book down in disgust. i felt sick to my stomach. it was like dread building the entire time and then your worst fears come true

to anyone reading this, absolutely do not go trying to spoil yourself at random. if you really can't wait until the seasons start again, just read the books. the intensity of things coming at you makes them 10x greater, i can't imagine how crappy it would have been to already know this stuff was going to happen
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    omg stop talking about this red wedding business, it sounds epic!
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    Dear fucking God. I just read up on that...Wow (No, I really don't care about getting spoiled).
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • SousukeSousuke Chinese Electric Batman Joined: Posts: 781
    HALF MAN! HALF MAN! HALF MAN!
    風林火山

"the answer lies in the heart of battle!" ~Ryu
  • hanzohattori1hanzohattori1 Dust to Dust, Amen Joined: Posts: 941
    Cold game. A little off-topic, but am I mistaken or is Drogo playing Conan as well?
    same actor, seems like a good cast hehehe
    Dear fucking God. I just read up on that...Wow (No, I really don't care about getting spoiled).

It was that much worse, having had several years and almost three books worth of heart and soul invested, trust me, Gui.

Even Martin himself said that he had to stop, put down the pen, compose himself, and force himself to start writing that scene again, another day.

Several.fucking.times.

• StabbyStabby 北丐 Joined: Posts: 4,146
    I never actually read it. I hated Catelyn so much that I stopped reading her chapters, just read her first and last pages of them. So I found out about what happened basically around the time everyone else did.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    Yeah right. Wouldn't trust a recipe from that one. Snake venom. "Eye of Newt."
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • MorphiendMorphiend Your game is pretty good: Joined: Posts: 1,611
    what a great episode! everything about it was awesome. tyrion and shae were awesome, capturing jamie was awesome, and even the big swerve was indeed awesome. can't wait for the final scene in the first book to end the season.

i'm about 60% done with feast for crows and it truly blows. i'm so bored i've started skipping the chapters of characters they haven't introduced before and even with the characters i know that i don't like i am skimming though them. i heard there are a couple cliffhangers though so i'll probably finish it just for that and to get hype for the next book in july.
  • Sheng-LongSheng-Long Joined: Posts: 1,419
    WOW
    Boromir Sidequest OVAHHHHH! Dothraki Dave Navarro looks like he's gone too and probably the khaleesi! His horse definitely is dead. Gone so fast...it was only last week that he was demonstrating what a Dothraki necktie was about.

Fantastic casting in this show, that Joffrey kid has such a punchable incest face.

Yeah normally I enjoy reading books where good triumphs over evil, and everyone lives happily ever after. But I just love how Martin fleshes out three dimensional characters that you care about, and then punches you in the gut by having them die in the most brutal way ever. They don't even die valiantly, no they just get massacred. Emotionally powerful stuff!
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sean Bean
    ALWAYS DIES!

He didn't even betray anyone this time!

Fuck that

[Gossip] Sean Bean Gets Stabbed in Bar Fight

So much over so small a thing...

Sean Bean helped out a friend and ended up getting stabbed in a bar fight.

Someone made some comments about his model friend, April Summers' topless photos, and he defended her. The stranger left, but came back later and a fight broke out. Bean was punched in the face and then stabbed in the arm with broken glass.

Bean refused medical attention and instead took the first aid kit from the bar staff and ordered another drink.

Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,541 mod
    Game of Thrones is a gang show. Aka an otherworldy The Wire. The hood is in disarray.
    I thought Eddard would've died by denying Joffery. But w/e. You know something is good when you allign yourself with characters so fiercely.

Fuckthe Blonde man!!!
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
    Game of Thrones is a gang show. Aka an otherworldy The Wire. The hood is in disarray.
    I thought Eddard would've died by denying Joffery. But w/e. You know something is good when you allign yourself with characters so fiercely.

Fuckthe Blonde man!!!

Nah. You know something is good when
    two books later, you are sympathizing with and rooting for the blonde man who said "the things I do for love" (with loathing), parallel with your rooting for the northern wolves.

• Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,541 mod
    Yeah I was told by a friend that he eventually becomes "lovable". He better do something crazy.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• MonteMonte Well-Known Member (2 ur mom) Joined: Posts: 2,807
    man how did i miss this thread? i guess i figured black people wouldn't care about this show.

yeah that's pretty much me right now. some ol bullshiz!
    OK, I think it's time to stop reeling and move forward. I see cats still stuck on Ned's death but we gotta keep going. Look @ Robb. Big things poppin' and little things stoppin you know. Gotta send these whippersnappers to bed ASAP on some Direwolf swag. Stop worrying.
    tumblr_lmqfh8XU0M1qkdqyao1_500.gif
    I feel so blind not knowing what's gonna happen. I usually know the source material in these cases, haha.

OK, I think it's time to stop reeling and move forward. I see cats still stuck on Ned's death but we gotta keep going. Look @ Robb. Big things poppin' and little things stoppin you know. Gotta send these whippersnappers to bed ASAP on some Direwolf swag. Stop worrying.
    tumblr_lmqfh8XU0M1qkdqyao1_500.gif
    I feel so blind not knowing what's gonna happen. I usually know the source material in these cases, haha.

umm syke have you read the books?
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

• ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    umm syke have you read the books?
    nope.

Umm dont get to attached to anyone bro.

i'm almost afraid to read dances with dragons

first cause it might not be as epic as storm of swords and be more like crows

second cause it might be as epic as storm of swords, and since a large number of my favorite characters are in this new book, i am scurred some might not make it
    Umm dont get to attached to anyone bro.
    I hear. Things flip and change, and snakes come out. Friends betray, and enemies become heroes. Only person I'm down with forever (as of now) is Jon.

• EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    Yeah I was told by a friend that he eventually becomes "lovable". He better do something crazy.

He fucked his sister. I will never root for anyone who willingly fucks his sister.
    He fucked his sister. I will never root for anyone who willingly fucks his sister.

I particularly like the position he fucks his sister in, during A Feast For Crows. ;)

It's about the only highlight of that steaming pile wasted breath.

I particularly like the position he fucks his sister in, during A Feast For Crows. ;)

It's about the only highlight of that steaming pile wasted breath.

i must have missed that. i'm a little more than halfway through the book. are you talking about when they were in the church?
    Fuck that

[Gossip] Sean Bean Gets Stabbed in Bar Fight
    "model friend april summers"....she's a model like jenna jamison is a model? if it's that april summers then that's lolz.
  • BananaWeedBananaWeed Virtual Hobo Joined: Posts: 1,833
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDD

*brain asplodes*
    Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me
    PSN = BananaWeed
  • AlphaDragoonAlphaDragoon ._. Joined: Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

This shit was so fucking hilarious.

"So apparently...they killed Larry nigga Ned. And...he mad." :rofl:
    Spirit Juice on a new SE game:
    "If it's not Xenogears Episode IV I don't give a fuck what Square-Enix does."
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i must have missed that. i'm a little more than halfway through the book. are you talking about when they were in the church?
    lol this show is a purely doggie style show lol.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • ixismiffyixiixismiffyixi -SW SMITH- Joined: Posts: 258
    After watching the series, I must say I need to read the book now after what had happen at the end of episode 9!
    PROGRESSIVE TRANCE|HOUSE|BREAKS

MATTHEW ZOHAR - ELECTRIC DAISY CARNIVAL CHICAGO 2013 MIXSET
  • akumachanakumachan The haters have arrived Joined: Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LOL. Listening to people who never read the books is awesome.

Anyway, so far, I think they have done a great job with the TV series. I think they appropriately cut out nonessential items and overall made it fit the format very well.

casting has been done very well especially for Arya and Tyrion. They are my two favs from the books and I was worried that they would be mis-cast.

Can't wait for a Dance with Dragons.

Looking forward to the finale tonight.

-ac
    then I can cancel HBO
    I love a guy with a HUGE vocabulary.
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    LOL. Listening to people who never read the books is awesome.

Anyway, so far, I think they have done a great job with the TV series. I think they appropriately cut out nonessential items and overall made it fit the format very well.

casting has been done very well especially for Arya and Tyrion. They are my two favs from the books and I was worried that they would be mis-cast.

Can't wait for a Dance with Dragons.

Looking forward to the finale tonight.

-ac
    then I can cancel HBO

OMFG.... its achan... sweet mercy where the hell have u been????
    Respected... simple as that.
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Half hour awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... shits gonna go doooown tonight!!!!!

Dis nigga Drogo
    They made him veggies then fucking earthed him
    WOOOOOW. Not to mention I came in 20 min. late.

sick first season!

does the 1st book end the same way? anywho that last shot was great. I heart the cinematography in this show
    sick first season!

does the 1st book end the same way? anywho that last shot was great. I heart the cinematography in this show
    yeah that's how the first book ends. pretty fucking epic imo. the cgi in the last scene looked legit. it was definitely one of the scenes i was looking forward to the most and they did it extremely well.
  • Spooty WhiteboySpooty Whiteboy I must break you! Joined: Posts: 2,772
    sick first season!

I haven't watched the end of the first season, but...I think...
    If I remember correctly, the first book ends with Daenerys feeding the dragons that hatched on Drogo's funeral pyre.
    Live Tag: Spootz
    PSN: SPTwhte

"There's a complicated answer to that question. You see, I think we could all know Batman in our hearts, if we just intensely and obsessively study all of his comics, tv shows, movies...and..
    No. I don't really know Batman." - Dr. McNinja
    In the book did Arya meet up with the other king's bastard son as well? The blacksmith's apprentice? I thought he was barely mentioned in the book or whatever.
    ?