The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• CLU 2CLU 2 Capcom's gonna get sued for that ass. Joined: Posts: 5,710
    wait it was? oh damn, never mind. god there were so many good scenes in storm of swords.

other favorites include (totally spoiler free)

Dornish dude: YOU RAPED MY SISTER! SAY IT!
    Sandor: Yeah I raped her TROLOLOL! SHINYUUUUUUUUKEN!

Shae: MMMMMM you so big
    Tyrion: FUCK YOU WHORE!!!! SHORYUREPPA!!!

... a few seconds later ....

Tywin: You STILL tripping about that wife of yours that I turned into a whore?
    Tyrion: FUCK YOU DADDY!!!!! PROTON CANNON!!!!

Lol.

Fixed that for ya, fish.
    "Terribad FG." ~ Hatred Edge, on Soul Calibur V

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hey how'd you do that? also, man my stuff was kept intentionally vague. PROTON CANNON could mean anything.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
    hey how'd you do that? also, man my stuff was kept intentionally vague. PROTON CANNON could mean anything.
    [/ spoiler]
    Only in MvC3.

And even there, it strongly implies an assist ;)

As for hubcapsignstop, trying to respond to anything he says is like having your OS ask "Delete C:\ and mass-rape orphans? Y/Y?" ~ ThePurpleBunny
    oh that works again?
    Sooooooooo is she dead or did her magic little word save her?
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • StabbyStabby 北丐 Joined: Posts: 4,146
    Yeah, valaris fixed it.

Be sure to PM him if you get an infractions too
    Matriarch...Cook?
    Yeah right. Wouldn't trust a recipe from that one. Snake venom. "Eye of Newt."
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    better yet, i'll make a thread with a video in it, and then make a thread asking why my video thread got closed, and THEN pm him asking why i got an infraction.
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    I'm gonna rape you in your sleep.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    oh that works again?
    Sooooooooo is she dead or did her magic little word save her?
    Being from SRK, I'm of the "pics, or it didn't happen" school of thought

• daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    Not to be a bastard, but how come so many in here are not compelled to actually READ the story, as well?
    Short attention span.
    I did just finish the audio book though on my commute to work, the whole thing is 33 hours long and the narrator does a good job. Maybe I'll buy the books and keep them at work and read em slowly.
    Valaris, bring back spoiler tags. This thread needs them.

FFC was boring, but it wasn't mean to be exciting, it was building for a new major conflict and showing the fallout of the shit that had been happening in books 1 - 3. Major focus was on a certain cunt that no one likes, a bunch of new characters from places we hadn't seen, and boring characters from previous books.

CLU, you finish first law trilogy? I read it back when it was still coming out in the UK, so I'm not sure about the spoilers.
    First law did some new things with fantasy, had some very interesting characters, but so much of it was made pointless by itself. The ending of book 2 pissed me off, and the siege of that one city felt pointless when the only character you cared about could have left at any time with no worries. Abercrombie's reach exceeded his grasp, but due to inexperience rather than incompetence.

I'm in book two, but I already saw the semi-spoiler coming a mile off.

Methinks you underestimate Abercrombie, and precisely what he is doing with the character of Sand dan Glokta.

"Why do I do this?" ~ Sand dan Glokta

I am willing to bet that whatever happens, happens precisely because of this i.e. Sand is Sand i.e. the point of the character is the character; to define the character by his character, even down to what ought be an inevitable fate.

Either that, or I'm totally off, and Abercrombie drops it.

• Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,641 mod
    DAMN. Why did sister fucker have to do young Starks like that?
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever

Where have you been?

That was at the beginning.

And to answer your question - mostly for character development/destiny.

That and fucking tends to lead to other things.

Little things that kill that are not best nor win.

• CaliburCalibur Paying off debts one scrub at a time. Joined: Posts: 583
    Meh, not a fan. :/
    "People don't recognize true greatness until some higher authority confirms it."

Calvin and Hobbes.

"Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth" :blue:

As long as there is a system of competition that exists, there will always be a large group of people devoted to breaking it.

lulz

don't worry, sister fucker isn't going to get away it. shit people do in this book always has a way of coming back to bite them in the ass.
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Awww yeaaa shit is gonna hit the fan in tonights ep. Cant wait.
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I haven't really read the thread, b/c I've seen people already discussing the books. Since this thread was made for the TV show, (and not everyone has read the books nor wants to) shouldn't discussion be catered towards that and not chock full of spoiler tags?

I really like this show.

Poor Ned, though. Over and over, him making the morally "right" decision bites him in the ass. I'm wondering why they didn't respect his right as lord protector though? Seemed a bit odd to me.
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    I haven't really read the thread, b/c I've seen people already discussing the books. Since this thread was made for the TV show, (and not everyone has read the books nor wants to) shouldn't discussion be catered towards that and not chock full of spoiler tags?

I really like this show.

Poor Ned, though. Over and over, him making the morally "right" decision bites him in the ass. I'm wondering why they didn't respect his right as lord protector though? Seemed a bit odd to me.
    No.

Because not only do some people happen to be doing both, but it's more if a fan thread - regardless of whence your fandom arises.

It would be rather assholish to exclude some fans from the discussion simply because they are O.G. GOT fans, don't you think?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

• StabbyStabby 北丐 Joined: Posts: 4,146
    Book discussion won't happen much until late July when the next book comes out. Most of the people in this thread are for the show.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    Yeah right. Wouldn't trust a recipe from that one. Snake venom. "Eye of Newt."
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
    I don't mind if book stuff is talked about up to the point of the current episode, but having a spoiler tagfest between a couple people doesn't serve much purpose in any thread.

Looking forward to tonight's episode, and I'm currently listening to Book 2 "A Clash of Kings"
    I dig it all
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Also, spoiler tags don't work in tapatalk.

Tonight's was good. Tyrian returns, but i wanted a bit more about aylas escape.

Drogo is so badass it hurts. Who in the hell fucks with that guy?
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Drogo is so badass it hurts. Who in the hell fucks with that guy?

Ain't a man alive, what could kill him.

Ain't a man alive, what could kill him.
    You never know Clu, since some things have changed.;):wgrin:
    New smileys fucking suck.
  • SMBSMB Crackin' some NUTS! Joined: Posts: 1,725
    Watching Drogo rip out that guys tongue was awesome.

With only two episodes left they're really meaning to jam a lot of fucked up shit into them. I can't wait until this series is over and on DVD so I can cancel HBO - this channel fucking sucks. Crappy summer blockbusters they repeat way too frequently, and 7,000 different HBO-produced programs but only one worth watching.
    You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, its about a shark that throws up so many people... they have to open a beach.

Thanks de BLOO.
  • SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    Kal Drogo had two kills worthy of "Fatality". Is it just me or is the fastest hour in television? It's over so quick.....
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,321 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    holy crap....love this show. drogo is gonna be a secret mortal kombat character in the next game...watch
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Bounce Man Joined: Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DID THEY SERIOUSLY END IT LIKE THAT? OMFG I NEVER THOUGHT THEY WOULD OFF HIM

Pm me.

I'm at my dad's house, and haven't been keeping up.
    Ned the head or Drogo the slow go?

• HFXHFX forgotten abel Joined: Posts: 4,742
    man, only one episode left... :(

i enjoyed episode 9 greatly. didnt disappoint me at all, although i have to say i wasnt really surprised at some of the "twists" though maybe because i was spoiled regarding the author of the series being not afraid to kill off his characters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOoA1OtcNjM

lmao. what a silly, OTT reaction.
    Malaysia / Kuching FGC | Twitter @ abelity_ | Facebook @ facebook.com/showmeyourabelity | Youtube @ youtube.com/c/ShowMeYourAbelity
    It ain't over, but he deserved that with his half measures.
    I do think the guy who plays Ilyn Payne sucks, they should have had somebody else. He doesn't look scary at at all, just old. pretty much everybody else is cast perfect.

People that read the book, what do you think about some of the changes?
    Some are dumb ass fucks, like Sandore being burned on the wrong side of his face, that one I can't forgive because it makes no fucking sense.
    The ages I'm fine with.
    Some stuff is sped through, or put in at different times.

I do not like how they played the Imp out like a bitch in the battle, he actually participated in the book. That makes him look cheap, the way they did that.
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    Sean Bean
    ALWAYS DIES!

He didn't even betray anyone this time!
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,402 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My friend posted these on Facebook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM&feature
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOoA1OtcNjM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Black people take Game of Thrones seriously :rofl:

lol i posted both of those links to my fb, though i dont think im on your list lol
    Malaysia / Kuching FGC | Twitter @ abelity_ | Facebook @ facebook.com/showmeyourabelity | Youtube @ youtube.com/c/ShowMeYourAbelity
    Sean Bean always dies.
    Ever since Patriot Games, its "Bean: never bet on taking the black."

i haven't watched the show, but this post made me LOL hard
    i haven't watched the show, but this post made me LOL hard

After watching those videos, I cannot WAIT to heart about all of the Game of Thrones rage quitters to come, lol.

people would really quit watching because characters they like got killed off? smh
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Bounce Man Joined: Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    this show is awesome though lol
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LMAO at the dude freaking out on youtube!
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    how the hell did that guy have a youtube page up reviewing game of thrones and not a single asshole pm'd him the spoiler before this? that's pretty miraculous imo
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
    the only reason i started reading ice and fire was years ago, i was reading Dragon magazine (a D&D magazine), and they did a whole D&D campaign setting based on Westeros as it existed during the Game of Thrones. And as I was reading the spoilers, I was like damn, this sounds like an epic story. So then I read it. And the whole time I was thinking, nah, no way they're gonna off him like that, even though I had already read the spoilers. I just refused to believe it. And then it happened.

Later, I was googling and came across a Stormfront thread (nazis like ice and fire) discussing the red wedding, so I got that spoiled. But as I was reading the book, I was like, nah, no way they're gonna off them like that, even though the nazis had already spoiled it. And then they did. And then there were zombies. lulz.