The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• StabbyStabby 北丐 Joined: Posts: 4,146
    It is legit.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    Yeah right. Wouldn't trust a recipe from that one. Snake venom. "Eye of Newt."
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • HFXHFX forgotten abel Joined: Posts: 4,742
    oh man that was a good finale imo

im only like 150 pages into the first book but i guess i have all the time in the world to finish readin it and the other books before next season starts.
    Malaysia / Kuching FGC | Twitter @ abelity_ | Facebook @ facebook.com/showmeyourabelity | Youtube @ youtube.com/c/ShowMeYourAbelity
  • MonteMonte Well-Known Member (2 ur mom) Joined: Posts: 2,807
    spring 2012?! that's like forever from now QQ
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wake me up when Spring 2012 comes.

The finale was great. I've been reading the books on my tablet.

GODLIKE.

LONG LIVE LORD EDDARD STARK.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • akumachanakumachan The haters have arrived Joined: Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    OMFG.... its achan... sweet mercy where the hell have u been????
    Hey koopy :)
    Life is keeping me busy. Eventually I always come back, even if its just for a couple of hours.

I hope life is treating you well :)

Re: game of thrones, someone asked if the ending is the same as in the books. Actually the series has deviated very little from the books. Even down to the dialogue. Which is as it should be.

-ac
    Here and gone again
    I love a guy with a HUGE vocabulary.
  • MonteMonte Well-Known Member (2 ur mom) Joined: Posts: 2,807
    dude shoulda went to go fight with his brohams. they're all going to get executed as traitors if they lose so what will he have left to protect against the white walkers anyways. him and his band of misfits wouldn't even be able to fight a group of them either.
  • daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    sick first season!

does the 1st book end the same way? anywho that last shot was great. I heart the cinematography in this show

Pretty much, except she's bald from the flames plus shes breast feeding the dragons.

I think some of the stuff they showed in episode 10 is the beginning of book 2. The stuff with Rob and them proclaiming him King of The North.
    im really curious whats gonna happen to arya and roberts bastard son.... dont spoil me though, i got the books..
    Malaysia / Kuching FGC | Twitter @ abelity_ | Facebook @ facebook.com/showmeyourabelity | Youtube @ youtube.com/c/ShowMeYourAbelity
  • benben king of wishful thinking Joined: Posts: 1,147
    In the book did Arya meet up with the other king's bastard son as well? The blacksmith's apprentice? I thought he was barely mentioned in the book or whatever.
    ?
    it happens, but in the second book. same with the cersei cousincest.
    Didn't Aemon also say that he was a Targareyan to Sam in that one? I'm sure it was way later than book 1.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    King of the North stuff was in first book as well.
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • Sheng-LongSheng-Long Joined: Posts: 1,419
    Catatonic zombie (now thoroughly dead) Drogo still better than the entire season of Walking Dead. REAL TALK!

That scene when the drunken Bannermen proclaim Robb as the king of the North is pretty much how I imagine Canada was founded.

lol @ Tywin Lannister saying "whoo-er" like he's from the East Coast.

Too long of a wait for next season :(

Good thing Breaking Bad premiere is almost here.
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I thought some more heavy shit was gonna go down in this episode but it was more of a preview of whats to come. Ep 10 could have been ep 1 of Season 2.

And howcome we aint get no good battle scenes? theres a fucking war going on! HBO doesnt have the budget for some good ol battlefield action?!

Questions/Comments:
    1. <3 Danaeyrus, glad to see them titties one last time, its gonna be crazy to see where her part of the story goes now that shes hatched the dragons and is apparently fireproof lol
    - But I find it odd that the Dothraki didnt appear to want to kill her, im also confused about who those people are she is with? Are those the prisoners? Why would the Dothraki let her take their prisoners?
    2. I thought Drogo was going to become a Zombie like the one that showed up at the wall

3.Geoffrey is one ruthless mofo hes gotta go next season!
    4. The youngest daughter looks nothing like a boy even with the short hair lmao.
    5.I wonder if Robbs boy is gonna turn on him, he just has that traitor look to him.
    6. Cant Cersei get dick outside of the family?!
    7. Are we to Assume that Cyrio has been killed or may he pop up in the future?
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,321 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ahhhhhhhh shhiiiiit. why do i gotta wait so long for the story. i just wanna know bout the sword girl lol. aka the orphan boy.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    This season already cost $50m. If they can find a way to get that budget under control, they might show some battles.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah. Completely epic ending to the season. Spring 2012 is a future away.

I'm always pleased when both villians and heroes make sensible actions that you can see their thought process. Tywin being angry at Joffery for killing Ned is rather logical and really makes the character better.

Joffery's behavior and taunting of Sansa doesn't make any kind of sense, though. Even an inbred idiot like him should think that it's not wise to rub your future wife's dead family in her face. She'll have more than ample opportunities for revenge, as this episode showed.

But yeah, fantasy epic TV is REALLY expensive to do right. I mean, they're basically working with a story on par with LOTR, only they have to produce 10 hours a year! The final payoff just isn't worth it sometimes.

That was the main problem with Rome, was that it cost about 110$ million for the first season.

And if you remember, they didn't show huge battles in that show, either.
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Joffrey is an arrogant dumbass because win-cest Cersei spoils the fuck out of him and coddles the fucker. Parents should take notice - this is what happens when you spoil your children. So I think its plausible that he'd be a dick to Sansa. "LULZ I FUCKED YOUR DAD AND NOW I'M A FUCK YOU TOO BITCH"
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • bp amocobp amoco In your head. Joined: Posts: 1,153
    Ahhh three mfing d's that season ending was so good.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Epic last season episode!!!
    1 Joffrey is bitch made!
    2 naked girl + dragon assist = win :)
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,321 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i thought hbo was crazy when they signed the show to a second season after 1 episode....but man i totally get it.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • TheEvilChinaManTheEvilChinaMan I think english! Joined: Posts: 1,160
    So fucked up that
    Papa Stark got offed by his own sword, Ice. The Stark Bros, Rob and Snow are for sure going to show their awesome side next season. Totally digged the ending, we got dragons and zombies in his show. Season 2 will have a lot of hype surrounding it.
  • BananaWeedBananaWeed Virtual Hobo Joined: Posts: 1,833
    How far did Season 1 get into the first book? I thought each season was supposed to cover an entire book.
    Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me
    PSN = BananaWeed
  • BananaWeedBananaWeed Virtual Hobo Joined: Posts: 1,833
    How far did Season 1 get into the first book? I thought each season was supposed to cover an entire book.
    Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me
    PSN = BananaWeed
  • Spooty WhiteboySpooty Whiteboy I must break you! Joined: Posts: 2,774
    They got through the first book.
    Live Tag: Spootz
    PSN: SPTwhte

"There's a complicated answer to that question. You see, I think we could all know Batman in our hearts, if we just intensely and obsessively study all of his comics, tv shows, movies...and..
    No. I don't really know Batman." - Dr. McNinja
  • BshidoHEATBshidoHEAT The Ninja Super Hero! Joined: Posts: 3,094
    Never read the books but now I've seen this I'm really tempted. This is absolutely one of my favorite shows.
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ: BushidoHEAT
    Fighting games and Music www.youtube.com/bushidoheat/
    Music I make www.soundcloud.com/benacosta
    Music others make but I play www.mixcloud.com/benacosta

• thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,604 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    my only complaint about the season was that i wish there were a few more semi-forced sex scenes between drago and daeneryns.
    also is it clear in the book whether or not the witch poisoned drago's wound or not? if not, that's a pretty strong hubris biting you in the ass moment.

either way, i look forward to those dragons growing up and fucking shit up
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    my only complaint about the season was that i wish there were a few more semi-forced sex scenes between drago and daeneryns.
    also is it clear in the book whether or not the witch poisoned drago's wound or not? if not, that's a pretty strong hubris biting you in the ass moment.

either way, i look forward to those dragons growing up and fucking shit up

I haven't watched the series but here's what happens in the book...
    Khal Drogo curbstomps this enemy tribe and gets wounded in the process. Dany finds one of the witches, FROM THE TRIBE, to create a poultice for the wound. Drogo is pwned. Later, Dany asks to bring him back from the dead. Witch is like, OK. After zombie Drogo awakens, witch is basically like LULZ YOU GOT TROLLED!

cause seriously Dany... wtf were you thinking, asking an enemy witch to help the person who just murdered your whole tribe? so stupid.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • BshidoHEATBshidoHEAT The Ninja Super Hero! Joined: Posts: 3,094
    BTW the guy who played Drago in GoT is the new Connan the Barbarian.
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ: BushidoHEAT
    Fighting games and Music www.youtube.com/bushidoheat/
    Music I make www.soundcloud.com/benacosta
    Music others make but I play www.mixcloud.com/benacosta

• Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,641 mod
    Sean Bean references that Episode 9 freakout video, hahaha.

They killed my nigga Ned. Fuck the blond man.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • ViciousSLASHViciousSLASH Game Time Jones Joined: Posts: 7,500
    Ha, my nigga ned.

I want more Syrio. God I hope he didn't die. Dunno why all the critics were like "This show is confusing" The only thing really confusing is their fantasy fun time names, but by the last episode you kinda have them all down.

I guess because it had a multiple storylines and did it well? The wire must have been the most confusing show ever made when it was starting out if that's the case.

The dwarf and the Arya are my favorite characters. I like dragonblonde too. "I'm not going to scream" Ha, that witch LIED.
    http://michaelpfeffer.blogspot.com I don't even update this, who cares
    GoT has the best child actors on TV.

The made-up scenes are silly. Anyone curious about the viewers can check this out. There'll probably be a huge jump in viewership by the start of the next season. Here's hoping for a premiere that breaks 4m.
    Matriarch...Cook?
    --WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • AlphaDragoonAlphaDragoon ._. Joined: Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Yeah, it's so awesome that he actually saw the video. :rofl:
    Dany's gonna whoop some ass with baby dragon assist next season. The black and red one was already like "fuck you, I'm a dragon" with his wings outstretched just minutes after being hatched.
    Spirit Juice on a new SE game:
    "If it's not Xenogears Episode IV I don't give a fuck what Square-Enix does."
  • DaDesiCanadianDaDesiCanadian orangecat av! Joined: Posts: 6,901
    Gendry wasn't a huge role, but he was definitely important for Arya in the books. He's definitely not a "barely mentioned" character.
    Originally Posted by Mihai
    LOL Also, 99% implies there are at least 100 people that know me you tard. You really should invest in a proper education instead of being a bum.
  • WaInutWaInut Loli dunkin ftw Joined: Posts: 1,293
    I haven't watched the series but here's what happens in the book...
    Khal Drogo curbstomps this enemy tribe and gets wounded in the process. Dany finds one of the witches, FROM THE TRIBE, to create a poultice for the wound. Drogo is pwned. Later, Dany asks to bring him back from the dead. Witch is like, OK. After zombie Drogo awakens, witch is basically like LULZ YOU GOT TROLLED!

cause seriously Dany... wtf were you thinking, asking an enemy witch to help the person who just murdered your whole tribe? so stupid.
    Actually Drogo had ripped off the poultice because it was itchy and just had it dressed normally. So I don't think the witch was planning anything until Daenarys had requested the blood magic be done.
    He's like this American Hero type character, then he's the fuckin main character in the movie. I always related Ryu and Ken as kinda those "secondary twin characters" similar to Phil and Lil.
  • Spooty WhiteboySpooty Whiteboy I must break you! Joined: Posts: 2,774
    That's something that I didn't like. In the book, Drago is gentle with Daenerys when they have sex (as gentle as a brute can be), but the show makes it look like he is straight raping her.
    Live Tag: Spootz
    PSN: SPTwhte

"There's a complicated answer to that question. You see, I think we could all know Batman in our hearts, if we just intensely and obsessively study all of his comics, tv shows, movies...and..
    No. I don't really know Batman." - Dr. McNinja
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,604 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    it's all G since the only "no" were coming from him lol
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    Actually Drogo had ripped off the poultice because it was itchy and just had it dressed normally. So I don't think the witch was planning anything until Daenarys had requested the blood magic be done.
    he ripped the poultice off because it felt wrong. it was too late by then. i'll have to re-read the book, but i'm pretty sure it was poisoned. the actual wound he suffered in battle was minor, it would not have killed him. its not explicitly stated, its implied, since the witch later rages about how her tribe was destroyed.
    i thought it was made pretty obvious that she planned it from the very moment she had the chance (fixing up drogo)... i mean, sure we didnt know when it first happened, but she did later confess to everything, no?
    yeah that's how i read it as well

in that article is an interesting link speculating on Jon's true parents. It contains some minor spoilers on the later books (it mentions scenes with various characters, so you know who George doesn't brutally slaughter ... yet.... lawls):
    http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/mlarchives/faq/jon.html

I definitely didn't do a deep reading on the book like that, but damn the theory that Jon may not be Ned's son makes a lot of sense. Seems so obvious now in retrospect.