The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,578
    WTF WAS THAT
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,221
    DAAAAAAAAAAAMN
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • RodimusRodimus Are you feeling me yo!? Joined: Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The hound on the move!!!! Lol
  • RodimusRodimus Are you feeling me yo!? Joined: Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Last place you want yo face is in the grasp of the mountain and zombie mountain yea fuuuuuuuck that
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,369
    Dat Hound! Full blown erection. :bee:
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • kylebrkylebr Casually competitive Joined: Posts: 990
    OK-ish episode imo. Good scenes, but feels more like a set-up for the next one.
    CFN: kylebr92, Fightcade: kylebr, Steam: kylebr92.
    SFV: Guile, Karin.
    GG Rev 2: Ky, Johnny.
    SSB4: Mario, Marth, Cloud.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,853
    Yara Greyjoy best character.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Good, Starks keep dying. Get them out of here. The Hound gonna start putting people in infinite combos with that axe. Best part of show is Bron being back.
    This is offensive.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    WTF the hound is back?? the hound is gonna chop them fools up... Arya aint dead come on now....
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    edited June 2016
    Bronn.

And Arya isn't dying yet.
    Reticently wrote: »
    Yara Greyjoy best character.

They don't make asses like that on the iron islands.
    crucades wrote: »
    Dat Hound! Full blown erection. :bee:

I legit jumped up and started dancing around the room.

But it doesn't look like he's on the path to be the Faith's Champion. His beef is with the Lightning Lord right now. Maybe he makes it to the capital...
    gl hf dd ka.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    damn it, i was so hype when i saw Ian McShane. dead in the same episode :mad:

best voice

Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,369
    Oh man Warpath Hound got me hype as fuck now, shiat I thought the brotherhood were meant to be good guys as well :rofl:

Hope they lvled up their resurrection and flaming sword techniques.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,930
    Faith's champion is loras.

Dude was one of the best swordsman in Westoros.

Still gonna get his ass beat by that mutant though.

In the book he is already immobilized by hot grease from the walls of dragonstone. He'll be a non factor either way.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    On a side note, why does Daynaras or however the hell you spell her name want to reclaim the iron throne?

Seems like she's got a pretty good thing going on in Essos: Multiple cities under her leadership, big ass fucking army, including the entire Dothraki horde and of course, dragons.

It's a pretty stupid tactic to risk all that to invade Westeros in the middle of winter with an army that has never seen a snowflake before. I don't think all those bare chested blood riders would last very long against armored opponents in 10 feet of snow.

Nah, chick should just continue leveling up in Essos and revive the old Valarian Empire. Fuck Westeros and their cold ass, wight walker infested, primitive asses.
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
    voodazz wrote: »
    On a side note, why does Daynaras or however the hell you spell her name want to reclaim the iron throne?

Seems like she's got a pretty good thing going on in Essos: Multiple cities under her leadership, big ass fucking army, including the entire Dothraki horde and of course, dragons.

It's a pretty stupid tactic to risk all that to invade Westeros in the middle of winter with an army that has never seen a snowflake before. I don't think all those bare chested blood riders would last very long against armored opponents in 10 feet of snow.

Nah, chick should just continue leveling up in Essos and revive the old Valarian Empire. Fuck Westeros and their cold ass, wight walker infested, primitive asses.

It's hers by right.

And she isn't smart. Daario said it last week: You're not a ruler, you're a conqueror.

I also think it should be snowing in KL at this point. Winter is fuckin comin y'all.
    damn it, i was so hype when i saw Ian McShane. dead in the same episode :mad:

I haven't seen Deadwood but I love HBO's loyalty to some of their actors. I recognized Ian from the Deadwood commercial and I know that Omar was in Boardwalk Empire.

Also Littlefinger.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,930
    Waiting for Omar to show up on GoT. One of those bad ass archers from the summer isle.

"I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • BadMojoBadMojo Joined: Posts: 2,552
    voodazz wrote: »

GRRM created Dany based on his own childhood experiences. His family used to be wealthy dock owners in New Jersey but lost it during the Great Depression and he grew up wondering why they couldn't reclaim their wealth and status again.

The Targaryen's conquered and ruled Westeros for three centuries and everything Dany knows about her family's history she learned from Viserys. Obviously Viserys was going to embellish a lot of things and talk about how great the Targaryen's were and that they are the rightful rulers and how evil the Baratheons/Starks/Lannisters/Arryns, etc are for rebelling against them. She didn't even know her father was the Mad King and the real reason why the rebellion happened until Barristan told her.
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    Dany's story has been shit for the last two seasons, and the writers have given her so much plot armor that it never feels like it matters whenever she runs into a difficult situation. Because hey, Dues Ex Machina to the rescue to save the Breaker of Chains, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, rightful ruler of Westeros, widow of the benevolent Khal Drogo, daughter of the noble King Aerys, sister to noble kidnapper and war starter Rhaegar, (and whatever other titles she adds to her name) who clearly deserves to rule...just because. She can't even rule a single city, how the fuck is she ever going to be able to rule Westeros? She's essentially a foreigner to Westrosi peoples. But she thinks everyone will just welcome her, a Dothraki horde, an army of unsullied, and three dragons with open arms. And it just so happens that Euron happens to come along out of the blue to give all of his fucking ships to her, because hey, why should Dany ever have to work for anything when she's been given everything that she's got?

But fuck that, Sandor Clegane is back, that's the main thing that matters.

WHAT IS HYPE MAY NEVER DIE
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,836

In the book he is already immobilized by hot grease from the walls of dragonstone. He'll be a non factor either way.

Pretty sure that bit in the book is just a cover story, to be honest.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    Ol' Sandor Clegane back in action, gonna go on some Rambo rampage. I can't wait to see the maelstrom of blood that will flow! Oh yes, there will be blood!

Stuff I noticed:

-Arya! I thought you'd have a bit more presence of mind when you betrayed an assassin's guild. I was hopingwhen fake granny was approaching Arya was gonna be like, "Gotcha bitch!" tumblr_m7fm76vgKl1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

-Lady Mormont aka Punky Brewster got some hutzpah, I think she'll make a good leader once she matures. At least her men seem to be honorable and trustworthy.

-So they Yara Greyjoy a lesbian or bisexual for the show? I read that she had different male lovers in the books and takes special birth control, so I guess they're switching it up.

-Sansa is so impulsive and dumb, that letter will likely cause huge problems. I bet that raven carrying her message is going to be intercepted by the Boltons and they will know about the gathering of men.

-It's amazing how the screams of slayed peasants were somehow missed by Sandor, was he miles deep in that forest?

-I might be in the minority, but in the very beginning of this ep, due to the cold open and the primitive clothing of the people, I actually thought we were witnessing the past, showing Bran the Builder laying the foundations for what would be The Wall while it was still summer. But I guess The Hound is so beloved he deserved the special intro.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Waiting for Omar to show up on GoT. One of those bad ass archers from the summer isle.

This is offensive.
    -So they Yara Greyjoy a lesbian or bisexual for the show? I read that she had different male lovers in the books and takes special birth control, so I guess they're switching it up.

FWIW, I don't think the books ever said she wasn't bisexual. I don't think it ever came up. I know the scene was just gratuitous, but I'm not complaining anyway. At least it was a character I like in a gratuitous and relatively happy scene for a change.
    -It's amazing how the screams of slayed peasants were somehow missed by Sandor, was he miles deep in that forest?

The Hound's ears aren't in the best shape any more, at least externally.
    edited June 2016
    I'm sort of surprised the Bros w/o Banners are such dicks.

I thought they were generally decent to the smallfolk, despite their religious differences.

I like that the main one of the trio was wearing his lemon colored cloak.
    Post edited by Exodus. on
    gl hf dd ka.
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,362
    Arya is one tough lil lady. Anyone else taking a stabbing like that and they woulda been shishkabob.
    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
    LivewireX wrote: »

Pretty sure that bit in the book is just a cover story, to be honest.

It did seem like one, but its been so long I don't even know anymore.
    Also, I wasn't under the impression "Oh the Hound missed hearing the sounds of everyone dying and they happened to be dead when he was back". It seemed to me like he ran back BECAUSE he heard screaming and didn't get there in time.
    Thing is, the scene was badly constructed. It just seems implausible that the Hound could have been in earshot for that and not have made it back before all those people were stone cold dead.

Might have worked better if he got there just as the attackers were riding off, but even then they should have been sticking around a while to loot the place, which was the whole point of attacking.

Probably would have worked best if they just made it clear the Hound was far away, didn't hear anything, and just found the encampment like that when he returned.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Yeah, that scene made little sense but I ignored it because he now has an axe.

And now he's just gotta grind it! Okay...that was bad.
    Hound went up against the Brotherhood before and lost. I don't think any of them really worship the Lord of Light like old dude did but if they do and are like him well he's gonna be properly fucked.
    This is offensive.
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,599
    crucades wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Yeah, that scene made little sense but I ignored it because he now has an axe.

This! Whole episode was Hound trying to get his head around being a real person again, getting comfortable then having it all snatched away forever cementing his hatred of the gods, then he sets out for vengence like a fucking boss.

It was basically all the best parts of the star wars franchise condensed into 8 minutes of screen time without the child abuse the intro to a Chuck Norris/Steven Seagal movie.

Fixed it for you.

The Hound even LOOKS like an amalgam of Chuck and Steven with extra facial burns.
    The Arya story is being played disappointingly straight. I don't WANT Arya to be done with the Faceless. Arya as a slowly developing monster is far more interesting than this Arya who's just kind of a clever thief who clearly didn't learn shit from them as far as awareness goes.

I'm still crossing my fingers that she's back in there next time we see her.
    Yeah, going way back I was happy with the idea of Arya developing into a badass waterdancing swordswoman.

When the Faceless Men were introduced, I thought having Arya develop into a mystical assassin was a little too much for the story- what's the game in Game of Thrones if the Starks have an unbeatable alpha assassin looking after their interests?

When it became clear that the Faceless Men would force Arya to abandon her goals and identity entirely I thought- well what's the point of even telling her story then? She'll just become a generic could-have-been-anybody background character. It doesn't really matter who an assassin is when they don't even have goals of their own.

Now that she's even bailed out on that I'm more convinced than ever her entire story has been a waste of time. I mean, I like the character, and lots of her POV chapters in the books are quite good, but she's interacting with no one important, contributing nothing to the greater plot, and hasn't gained much in the way of character or skill development from it all.
    That's the thing with the Faceless Men storyline. It has to have some kind of point, and we haven't reached that point yet.

Another comment elsewhere pointed out a couple of things that may mean that it wasn't actually Arya getting stabbed. For one thing, different hair and a weird way to walk. For another, she kept throwing money with her RIGHT hand, when she's left-handed.

I can buy that it was actually Jaqen getting stabbed. And that the Waif is going to get punished for doing gut-stabs rather than a simple slit throat.