The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,616
    Azure wrote: »
    Reticently wrote: »
    SF09ers wrote: »
    It would look suspicious as fuck if Cat didn't treat Jon like shit.

I don't know about that. Plenty of people in GoT would be relatively cool about their spouse's bastard children.

I think Ned not telling her is just down to Ned being 'serious business all the time', rather than there being some actual need for Jon to be treated like shit at home to protect the secret.

Can't take the Cat Tully out of Cat Tully Stark.

That's who she was known to be.

How would it look if her intractible ass was going soft?

Cat was kind of soft as a kid though. Didn't really get that hard-ass rep until Jon was already in the picture and she was Lady of Winterfell.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,021
    edited July 2016
    Sorry for not being a GOT pro but how can the tyrells starve out kings landing? Are all the fking crops that are grown in westeros only on a small patch of land owened by the tyrells? Ie. Is the only arable land in tyrell town?
  • LilBarlogLilBarlog Joined: Posts: 97
    In the books Olenna already starves them out when the mad dash for the Throne occurs after King Bobby Baratheon's death. They were allied with Renly and wanted him to become king. Renly get's taken out so they just say fuck it. She ends the embargo on food and just settles for an alliance with the Lannister's. Cersei should have just taken The Faith out the old fashioned way with Lannister soldiers and sellswords. Olenna wouldn't have given a fuck because it didn't seem like she was too crazy about those religious fanatics either.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,048

I don't know about that. Plenty of people in GoT would be relatively cool about their spouse's bastard children.

I think Ned not telling her is just down to Ned being 'serious business all the time', rather than there being some actual need for Jon to be treated like shit at home to protect the secret.

Cat was kind of soft as a kid though. Didn't really get that hard-ass rep until Jon was already in the picture and she was Lady of Winterfell.

She wasn't that soft.

She basically let Brandon bitch-slap Petyr up and down Riverrun, until he was nearly dead, before intervening.

Cat was ALWAYS about Place & Duty, first and foremost.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,090
    Maybe Cat knew and thats why she acted the way of the scorned bitch, to take all the suspicion to herself instead of being that one happy cucked bitch that is happy to raise another bitches kids?
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time

Cat was ALWAYS about Place & Duty, first and foremost.

Eh, she was also about eating lemon cakes, kissing practice with Petyr, and feeding him mud pies before she was betrothed. She let Brandon wipe the floor with Petyr, but also stepped in to save his life at the end. Brandon dying and then marrying Ned kind of solidified that edge in her.

I don't know. Just think given the circumstances if Ned had shared the truth with her it wouldn't have changed anything except being a quality of life improvement for Jon. For Cat too really, took her a long time to let go after thinking Ned had been unfaithful.
  • GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    Hadn't Ned just met and married Cat before the war started? They barely knew each other, so how was Ned going to trust her 100% with a secret that big?
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
    Cat would never expect Ned to be faithful tho, if the story theme keeps true to the gist of medieval history then warriors on the road were 100% expected to bang on the road and it was acceptable. Even for christian knights let alone this hillbilly nonsense.

crucades wrote: »
    Cat would never expect Ned to be faithful tho, if the story theme keeps true to the gist of medieval history then warriors on the road were 100% expected to bang on the road and it was acceptable. Even for christian knights let alone this hillbilly nonsense.

Nah, the books let you know she was pretty pissed about it.
    Hadn't Ned just met and married Cat before the war started? They barely knew each other, so how was Ned going to trust her 100% with a secret that big?

Yeah, but at some point they did eventually know each other perfectly well.
    Oh shit forgot to mention I was in a bar in Glasgow tonight, they had a black chick behind the bar that sounded exactly like the new ms moneypenny from James Bond...
    sony-2015091409585143.jpg

But actually looked a lot more like Fleur...
    8K9WdTWg.jpg

I know what your thinking, posting the same bitch twice right? Naw man negros. They get everything wrong but when they dont get something right on the offshot, it is glorious :tup:

Gonna need to hit this place up more often, stalker mode must commence.

• LilBarlogLilBarlog Joined: Posts: 97
    You from the UK or you were just visiting?
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i can see more of this in cersei's kings landing future...

LilBarlog wrote: »

Just visiting I guess?

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,623

It looks like he's moving there now. =)
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 820
    Maybe Cat knew and thats why she acted the way of the scorned bitch, to take all the suspicion to herself instead of being that one happy cucked bitch that is happy to raise another bitches kids?

The books are in POV format in Cat's chapters she clearly fucking hates Jon.
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    Jimbo13 wrote: »
    My bad, I always thought Benjen told Jon, "We'll talk about your mother when I return". Imagined 3 words not actually there. It's not alluded Benjen knew. It makes more sense if Ned told no one.

Ned had a similar quote, "I'll tell you about your mother next time I see you." Or we meet or whatever.

Robert treated his bastards pretty awesome.

Fair play, but they also had 4 fuckin legitimate kids...

(maybe he thought it was too late to go... oh, you know that kid you've treated like shit for x years like shit because you thought he was my kid with another woman? ...he's actually my beloved sister's son by the deposed prince... )

And NOW I realize why he didn't tell her.

Just visiting I guess?

Wait... did you guys leave?
    gl hf dd ka.
    So they were talking about what might happen on season 7 and mentioned Gendry. I had to song n icepedia that mofo to know who the hell theyre talking about. Lol up until this point I thougjt Gendry and Podrick was the same person.
    They should have just leave Gendry alone at this rate. It's been so long now and it feels like the story only needed him in order to move Davos' and Stannis' stories along.

Sooo... season 7 cant soon enough. While we wait, who do yall think will end up on the iron throne.
  • bekeballerbekeballer Joined: Posts: 33
    I hope you are content with waiting a year lol. I think the whitewalkers will win and no one will end up on the throne, kind of like the dreams that dany had of the iron throne all snowy and wrecked. Flashforward maybe? Lets be real Jon doesn't have the army to fight the whitewarlkers and the families of Westeross would never ban together for one common cause
    edited July 2016
    Dany on throne, Imp as hand, Jon as danys fktoy/auntcest lover/husband but also head of the queens guars. Varys as Varys. Jamie dies killing whitewalkers after giving the honourable option of joining and looking at the bigger picture.

Dragons destroy alot of whitewalkers. Dothraki and unsullied drown in sea on way to westtown so wont be as easy for Dany as people think. Otherwise bitch will be OP as fk. Dothraki, unsillied, ironborne, tyrell army, dornish fighters, Tyrion fking lannister as military strategist AND fking 3 huge asa dragons.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bekeballer wrote: »
    I hope you are content with waiting a year lol. I think the whitewalkers will win and no one will end up on the throne, kind of like the dreams that dany had of the iron throne all snowy and wrecked. Flashforward maybe? Lets be real Jon doesn't have the army to fight the whitewarlkers and the families of Westeross would never ban together for one common cause

My brother filled me in on the theory of the Ice Dragons...pretty interesting if true

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bekeballer wrote: »

The iron Throne scene with all if that falling snow is a bit of foreshadowing that a northerner will be sitting on it. Enter Jon Snow, er, targaryaen. Ba-dum, tsh...
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    GoT is ending after season 8, spinoff is up in the air: http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/game-of-thrones-final-season-1.3702161

Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    A spinoff would be very deep down the well of whatthefuckery.
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I bet they try and do a prequel and create gaping plot holes all over the place.

Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • Jimbo13Jimbo13 Trans-Randy Savage My pronouns are Oh and Yea Joined: Posts: 1,662

Dunk & Egg and Valeria's doom are the two prime candidates for a spinoff, neither would mess with the main series.

When GOT goes there is going to be a bunch of shows trying to fill the gap.

The biggest FU in the history of humanity.
    Jimbo13 wrote: »

Dunk & Egg and Valeria's doom are the two prime candidates for a spinoff, neither would mess with the main series.

When GOT goes there is going to be a bunch of shows trying to fill the gap.

Dunk and Egg is good, but it's not that much material and kind of outside HBO's wheelhouse of soap-opera-y intrigue.

It would be neat to see Valeria's Doom, but it is kind of lacks a plot for a series. The only groups that survived the Doom either moved away just before it happened (Targyarens and allies), or weren't actually in Valeria, just on the outskirts.
    There is plenty of material for a spinoff. Or for a prequel, at the very least.

Fuck that when are we gnna get spartacus season 4?
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I would love to see the Aegon the Conqueror saga OR the entire Targaryen 300 year history.

Cuz dragons and shit.
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,551
    1.5hr movie adaptation of the entirety of Game of Thrones when?
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    mowr wrote: »

when scientists discover how to bend the space time continuum to somehow fit this much material into 90 minutes

e$ports
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,344
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg There's the truth of time and the truth of legend. Joined: Posts: 3,791
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    mowr wrote: »

when scientists discover how to bend the space time continuum to somehow fit this much material into 90 minutes

Just have Zack Snyder make it.
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
    hype..

• GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,353
    I just want GRRM to finish winds of winter.

Trailer looks nice though.
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Daenery's is an evil bitch.
    This bitch fed a random dude to a dragon with no evidence. Doesn't that go against what her character is supposed to be? They also killed Barristan when he's actually got POV stuff coming up in the next book. I'm really disappointed in a shit they've been doing in the show. It just doesn't add up in a lot of cases and doesn't have the same consistency as the books.
    CFN ScootMagee
    They missed the shot of Littlefinger winning it all in the end

e$ports
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,461
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    They missed the shot of Littlefinger winning it all in the end

nah, assholes like that get their downfall eventually.
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
    Littlefinger is the only true hero tho, hes a working class hero who by using intelligence and cunning has manoeuvred all these rich and privildged assholes into position for a trololol coup de grace.

• affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,461
    Littlefinger is the only true hero tho, hes a working class hero who by using intelligence and cunning has manoeuvred all these rich and privildged assholes into position for a trololol coup de grace.

so then why Sansa reject him then? do you think his love for her to be truly legit, or she's just a pawn to him? Was everything Littlefinger done for her or himself or both?
    Well maybe Sansa will do a 180 upcoming season and marry him after all.
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
    Everyone is a pawn when you're playing the game of thrones, Littlefinger knows this.

e$ports
    I need a trailer so bad. With like three months to go, it has to be coming soon, right?

• a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,589
    It feels so weird not having thrones in the month of april
    NEW TRAILER!!

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,402 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm just wondering about the logicistics of that...
    Missandei x Grey (no) Worm sex scene. Did the Lord of Light bless him with a new member or is this all tongue and finger action?
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!