The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,021
    valyrian dildo
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,076
    Thought worm was still packing they just chopped his bollucks off?

Nobody gunna fight for a dude that cuts off your piece.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 26
    White Shadow is the most knowledgeable poster on SRK period. Guy is an encyclopedia, it's impressive.

Back to the topic: MY BODY IS READY FOR THE NEXT SEASON!!!!

My mancrush Jon Snow gonna ruin everyone's shit with his man pretty! (No homo)
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 26
    I know for the sake of drama that Cersei's ambitions to rule won't be entirely ineffectual, but apart from her army, zombie Knight, and presumably more wildfire how is she so confident that she'll be able to face what is to come? Is she that far gone now?
    Sacr3D wrote: »
    crucades wrote: »
    Thought worm was still packing they just chopped his bollucks off?

Nobody gunna fight for a dude that cuts off your piece.

There are 3 methods of castration. One is where they chop off their penis but leave their testicles because they still needed them to have testosterone to fight or guard a harem (Grey Worm's case).

Next were eunuchs whose testes were cut off to make them more timid and subservient, and finally there was full castration- where both testes and penis were completely severed. This was usually done to captured soldiers or affiliates as an extreme form of humiliation, or to common men who fornicated with a noble/ royal's wife, mistress or female relatives. Varys might be either the second or third case.

Full castration was very popular in ancient China, and sadly it was practiced even into the 20th century.

Why the fuck do you know so much about this ...

I try to read, well... everything.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    welp, the game of theories is on as well.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,724
    Look, we've all known for years that this whole thing was just going to end with Jon and Dany hooking up, lol.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,021
    Grey worms grey worm will finally be in missandeis balck hole.

Btw is sansa having sex with someone from dorne?
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,584
    Its time to bump this thread up
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,778
    finally getting around to actually watching this show instead of just hearing spoilers. It kinda sucks that i know so many of the major events that will take place but at the same time it let's me really appreciate the smallest details of foreshadowing that are littered around
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • RodimusRodimus Im just 1 of the 5! Joined: Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Starting strong lol
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,471
    Ed Sheeran!?
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,584
    Arya is the goat
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    gonna watch it in a bit... feed back later.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ed sheeran cameo was really cringe

Like which executive producer owed him a Illuminati-level favor to get such a forced sequence? It totally took me out of story and was completely unnecessary.

I also found the obvious grrl power BS written in to placate feminist reviewers even more cringe. Lyanna Mormont was great character last season for her bravery, sense of honor, and boldness, but using the character to push agendas hollows her out quite a bit, especially if they persist on this path. I really want to see how they're going to convincingly depict a 12 year old girl (or girls for that matter) in a melee with the army of the undead if it doesn't entail being strategic backup (e.g., pouring wildfire from castle walls/ wildfire archery). But the implication of the dialogue it seems the plan is to use preteens in direct combat. OK...

The sad part is, the cold open with Arya was so strong already all they had to do was use that as a platform for female strength and competency, not this tripe.

The montage with Samwell also felt very un-GOT-like. It reminded me of standard '90s TV filmmaking. It totally pulled me out of the GOT vibe I'm used to.

But on a more positive note, Sandor coming to terms with the consequences of his own actions and his full understanding of the coming threat was great. I also liked the scene with Euron and Cersei; her smirk at his evil eagerness shows that she's fully gone to the dark side. She sees the pure darkness within him but still likes what she sees, because she can relate with his evil ambition. Their future dealings is probably the most interesting plot thread at the moment because is can lead anywhere. *cough* dragon horn *cough*
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man i thought Arya was gonna waste Lannister Ed and co... but oh well. Yeah the Sandor bits were great.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,461
    well they really are building things up to surpass the previous episodes
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Member when Arya completely forgot the waif was after her? The t1000 chase was great too. Great writing.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 17
    The Hound is the grave digger confirmed! Maybe he'll be back in the books, maybe not. Very glad he came back in the show.
    That was a really profound moment they must have known about since they decided he should stay in the show.
    I wonder where he will go! So cool that Sandor sees the army of the dead in the fire.

And then what about Arya. Is she no one? Is she Arya? Is she no one who uses Arya? Who will she attempt to kill besides Cersei? Will she cross paths with Jon, Bran, and Salsa? Will she die in her attempts to kill those on her list? Phew, look forward to it.

So when Bran comes back and tells Jon and everyone he's a Targaryan, does Salsa have a revelation, like "hmm, so you're my cousin not my brother... hmm" scootches closer. Jon's maybe got a thing for red heads. Littlefinger wouldn't see that coming.
    Who wouldn't want to get a little closer to Kit Harrington?

Also, is Sam going to create some horcruxes?
    Seriously though, Sam is correct. How come no one is taking the dead army seriously in the south? I would think some Maesters would be all over this chance to "study" the white walkers and the dead army. Real, living, verifiable proof that dragon glass and Valyrian steel kill white walkers. Fire burns reanimated dead. But fire doesn't help very much against the White Walkers. (I dunno, maybe if they like capture one in a pit and burned oil, it might kill a White, but Whites don't seem to get caught in traps)

Also, so far, White Walkers have been ahead on strategy and tactics. Sam killed one because it underestimated humans. Jon killed one because they probably just then learned that there are some special steel swords will not break from their magic ice weapons. Valyrian steel didn't exist the last time they came. But overall they're accomplishing their goals. Take the head off the Nights Watch. Build an army at Hardhome. Break into the Three Eyed Raven's home.

I'm looking to see what happens when a concerted effort goes into figuring out how to out think and defeat the White Walkers.

Or maybe just "dragons = win"
    Member when Arya completely forgot the waif was after her? The t1000 chase was great too. Great writing.

That was awful writing. Could have easily accomplished it with Arya "expecting" the Waif, but the Waif out thinking Arya and setting up her own trap so that Arya gets some cuts and goes on the run. The whole chase scene should have been one extended scene.

One of the few times I felt like air time was being filled in this entire series. With the wealth of content, last season had some of those boring scenes, e.g. Tyrion and friends who don't drink. Even though the Dorne bad pussies was awful writing, I didn't think it was filler.

Oh and fuck the person who thought it would be OK to stab Arya in the gut, have her swim through disgusting water, and that she'd end up just fine. Arya should have died from an infection. If she got cut, it would be plausible for her to get stitches and be ok. Arya knew about fire cleaning wounds with the Hound. But stabbed deep into the gut, multiple times, that's definitely gonna get infected and worse.
    GreyFoxx wrote: »
    Never party hard with Arya...she might take you out. Or feed you some humble pie.
    So that's a big question for the next episode.

I was actually kind of fearing of attempted rape or bloodbath was going to come when Arya shows up to the Lannisters, but it ended up being a wholesome scene. She saw their swords, but still she decided not to engage.

Was that a tactical decision? Are Ed and friends going to wake up to surprise penetration?

Or will Arya gain some sympathy for regular people.
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,725
    Wow so many of you guys have plot points of this show go right over your heads.

Arya is cold bitch, she was trying to bait those Lannister soldiers to attack her the whole time. Especially when she said "I'm going to kill the Queen" then just stared at them.

Their kindness caught her off guard and likely saved their lives.

Also anyone thinking the Cercei/Jamie and Sansa/John scenes were pointless then.....LOL.

So many parellels and foreshadowing on this show that lazy people overlook.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 81
    A girl of 17 just took down an entire house by herself. Ok. Jaime Lannister is a lobotomized idiot, a far cry from the badass in the books. What is character development? Ed Sheeran cameo, because why not. Dialouge was terrible, as usual. Euron is still lame. The hound scenes were the only ones who were decent.

Winds of winter can't come soon enough.
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    THE NORTH REMEMBERS

between this an db super power tourney, saturday and sunday are gonna delight for weeks to come
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
    edited July 17
    Reason4U wrote: »
    Wow so many of you guys have plot points of this show go right over your heads.

Arya is cold bitch, she was trying to bait those Lannister soldiers to attack her the whole time. Especially when she said "I'm going to kill the Queen" then just stared at them.

Just because someone finds a setting to be hackneyed and forced doesn't mean they don't understand what is being portrayed. There are better ways to drive a narrative that doesn't involve some fantasy version of a '50s street gang Doo-wopping over a burning trashcan, featuring Ed Sheeran. Felt like some overpriced Superbowl promotional.

edited July 17
    Reason4U wrote: »

That was the tension in the scene. Is Arya going to kill some Lannisters?

Still, that's what I'm wondering. Is she still going to murder them sometime before next episode. Like, she rides away on her horse saying something nice, but the camera pans out to reveal a very dead Ed with a hole in his eye. Or will she really just be on her way.

If she kills them all in the night, which is more a faceless man's skill set, what does that tell the audience about her? She's now really a cold mother fucker who will kill everyone. So we'd have a hard time to find sympathy for this confirmed indiscriminate, cold blooded killer.

Anyways, I think she lets them live so the audience can see she has some humanity left, but I'm probably wrong.
    edited July 17

Just because someone finds a setting to be hackneyed and forced doesn't mean they don't understand what is being portrayed. There are better ways to drive a narrative that doesn't involve some fantasy version of a '50s street gang Doo-wopping over a burning trashcan, featuring Ed Sheeran. Felt like some overpriced Superbowl promotional.

The Ed Sheeran part was forced but not a big deal. Arya's actor is a fangirl of the guy and got him in herself.

Him being there doesn't take away from the tension of the scene and the interesting things they are setting up with Arya's character. She is now in a scenerio where if she keeps her beliefs of killing all Lannisters she will be making a full heel turn. Becoming the monster or not going full serial killer and joining her family.

Letting some guest who barely had any lines ruin a cool plot set up for you is misguided.
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
  • AjilAjil clumpete flast fy master Joined: Posts: 255 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I didn't know Ed Shereen was going to have a cameo, so I didn't know it was him in that scene and it didn't seem horribly out of place. It sounds like yall weren't going to like any scene with him in it. Solid season premiere, can't wait for next week.
    mvc3: ironman, taskmaster, tron
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Okay episode, just the Frey lot dying and that's it. King's Landing scenes were kinda boring and so were the Old Town ones. Clegane finding his humanity and the discovery of the dragon glass over in Dragonstone we're great scenes.

Prior to the season premiere, I watched the recap episode "Game of Thrones - The Story So Far" with some bits having members of the cast sharing their thoughts. One thing I noticed was that the main cast was NOT part of the episode and only featured actors whose characters had died or been written out of the story.

Among them were Finn Jones (Ser Loras), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark) and Kristian Nairn (Hodor).
    Curiously, Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) was there also which means he will perish soon enough, maybe within the season.

Last scene of the episode was nicely done, looking forward to next week.
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,566
    My only complaint about the Sheeran thing (not knowing it was him before I read up on the episode after having watched it) is the sound mixing.

They made the singing sound like a backing soundtrack, not guys singing in the woods. I seriously thought it was just a backing track for some reason until the soldiers appeared.
    edited July 18
    tataa8P wrote: »
    Prior to the season premiere, I watched the recap episode "Game of Thrones - The Story So Far" with some bits having members of the cast sharing their thoughts. One thing I noticed was that the main cast was NOT part of the episode and only featured actors whose characters had died or been written out of the story.

Among them were Finn Jones (Ser Loras), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark) and Kristian Nairn (Hodor).
    On the special features, they provide an after season interview with characters who died that season, e.g. after season 4 you get Shae and Tywin actors. I wish they were able to spend more time with them, it's always so entertaining to see them reflect on their time.

Shae and Tywin's first days on set were under particularly brutal conditions.
    MCP wrote: »
    On the special features, they provide an after season interview with characters who died that season, e.g. after season 4 you get Shae and Tywin actors. I wish they were able to spend more time with them, it's always so entertaining to see them reflect on their time.

Shae and Tywin's first days on set were under particularly brutal conditions.

this was a TV special on Sky 1 leading up to the first episode of this season. there were non-GoT people/fans among the talking bits but it was the part i had pointed out that stood for me since this was surely not going to be a part of the DVD/bluray set they always release when a season wraps up.

i'm calling it already then.
    grey worm kicks the bucket but MAAAYBE he gets to pork missandei. how he's going to do that is anybody's guess and/or filthy imagination lolololol
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,076
    This show is fucked up enough to let Worm tap out without getting that ass, hell I even kinda expect it.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Whatever happened to the Dothraki soldiers that were loyal to Daenerys? I recall season 2 (or 3) in where she was like in some pyramid in where one of the Dothraki soldiers was trying to protect her from the undead. They just disappeared the moment Daenerys meets the masters of the unsullied... unless i missed an episode that explains what happened to them.
    Any bets on who dies in episode 2?

There are so many choices and ways this episode could go. Especially since the 1st was more set up.
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Bounce Man Joined: Posts: 3,119
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,139
    SF09ers wrote: »
    I dont listen to garbage pop music so I had no clue who the hell ed sheeren was. He just looked like some regular ugly ass dude dont see what the big deal is.

Ed Sheeran isn't garbage tho....
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 819
    Iduno wrote: »
    I dont listen to garbage pop music so I had no clue who the hell ed sheeren was. He just looked like some regular ugly ass dude dont see what the big deal is.

Nah fuck that guy, radio station we have on at work spammed the shit out of him at the start of this year, fuck hearing him at least 4 times a day, especially when one of his fucking songs is just the same as one of his others but with someone rapping over it.

And if that wasn't enough the news kept fucking talking about the fucker and his tours or whatever bullshit it was too, fucker was the Roman Reigns of the radio.

Damn, if his character shows up again it better be a fucking death scene.

Damn that sucks. Proud to say I don't know a single ed sheeren song.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,139
    Iduno wrote: »

Nah fuck that guy, radio station we have on at work spammed the shit out of him at the start of this year, fuck hearing him at least 4 times a day, especially when one of his fucking songs is just the same as one of his others but with someone rapping over it.

And if that wasn't enough the news kept fucking talking about the fucker and his tours or whatever bullshit it was too, fucker was the Roman Reigns of the radio.

Damn, if his character shows up again it better be a fucking death scene.

None of that has anything to do with the quality of his music, but ok lol

Didn't know the guy had that much hatred coming his way.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective