The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,402 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Arya getting saved by Theon
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,599
    Reticently wrote: »
    When it became clear that the Faceless Men would force Arya to abandon her goals and identity entirely I thought- well what's the point of even telling her story then? She'll just become a generic could-have-been-anybody background character. It doesn't really matter who an assassin is when they don't even have goals of their own.

It's not like any of the FM are without personality. Look at Jaqen versus the Waif. Definite characters. They blend in, but they're still themselves. They still make decisions (like Jaqen giving Arya the coin).

Even if the FM do go through with making Arya one of them, underneath, Arya would still be a character, just transformed. And it's clear through the whole thing that she's adamant about keeping part of herself at the core, even as she gets further and further desensitized.

A character transformation can be a hell of a thing to witness. It's what made Walter White so memorable.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,048
    edited June 2016
    That's the thing with the Faceless Men storyline. It has to have some kind of point, and we haven't reached that point yet.

Another comment elsewhere pointed out a couple of things that may mean that it wasn't actually Arya getting stabbed. For one thing, different hair and a weird way to walk. For another, she kept throwing money with her RIGHT hand, when she's left-handed.

I can buy that it was actually Jaqen getting stabbed. And that the Waif is going to get punished for doing gut-stabs rather than a simple slit throat.

I'd toss the money righthanded too.

I'd want my money maker on Needle.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    Fun with Jaime and Bronn in the riverlands:

https://fat.gfycat.com/CrazyEmptyIchthyostega.webm
    http://i.imgur.com/tFe0pwX.webm

Rock: Braavos and Volantis are a pretty good distance away though. I like the Jaquen-is-a-girl theory but it really wouldn't explain why "Arya" was so scared of everybody after coming out of the canal.

This is also interesting from the Arya scene:

http://imgur.com/E7tjTxx

Check out "Oysters, Clams and Cockels" girl on the left.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,360
    that really is 2 Arya's....

how the fack did i miss that
    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Distance or time?
    This is offensive.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,402 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Distance or time?

Both really.

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,834
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Distance or time?

Both really.

At least if you're Littlefinger anyway.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,258
    LivewireX wrote: »
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Distance or time?

Both really.

At least if you're Littlefinger anyway.

He does have a resemblance to Dr. Strange. Distance means nothing to the Sorcerer Supreme.
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    voodazz wrote: »
    On a side note, why does Daynaras or however the hell you spell her name want to reclaim the iron throne?

Seems like she's got a pretty good thing going on in Essos: Multiple cities under her leadership, big ass fucking army, including the entire Dothraki horde and of course, dragons.

It's a pretty stupid tactic to risk all that to invade Westeros in the middle of winter with an army that has never seen a snowflake before. I don't think all those bare chested blood riders would last very long against armored opponents in 10 feet of snow.

Nah, chick should just continue leveling up in Essos and revive the old Valarian Empire. Fuck Westeros and their cold ass, wight walker infested, primitive asses.

Dany is the fire in song of ice and fire, the name of the book series. She needs to conquer westeros cause she can. DUH. she and jon (the ice in song of ice and fire) are the only invincible characters, at least until they've accomplished the main goal grrm has in mind. aka destroy the white walkers

potentially tyrion is the third head of the dragon because he's not actually tywin's son but rather mad king's bastard, which is why tywin kept shitting on him
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • BadMojoBadMojo Joined: Posts: 2,552
    Tyrion being a secret Targaryen would ruin one of the best character relationships in the series. Tywin shitted on all of his kids, not just Tyrion. Doubt that theory turns out true, especially on the show. I rank it about as plausible as Euron=Daario and Bolt-On.
    BadMojo wrote: »
    Tyrion being a secret Targaryen would ruin one of the best character relationships in the series. Tywin shitted on all of his kids, not just Tyrion. Doubt that theory turns out true, especially on the show. I rank it about as plausible as Euron=Daario and Bolt-On.

I feel kind of like Tywin shit on Jaime the least? Or...at least we didn't see it happening nearly as much? Like, there was the one scene about "a 1 handed swordsman with no family" but I feel like that was about it.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    Ol' Sandor Clegane back in action, gonna go on some Rambo rampage. I can't wait to see the maelstrom of blood that will flow! Oh yes, there will be blood!

Stuff I noticed:

-Arya! I thought you'd have a bit more presence of mind when you betrayed an assassin's guild. I was hopingwhen fake granny was approaching Arya was gonna be like, "Gotcha bitch!" tumblr_m7fm76vgKl1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

-Lady Mormont aka Punky Brewster got some hutzpah, I think she'll make a good leader once she matures. At least her men seem to be honorable and trustworthy.

-So they Yara Greyjoy a lesbian or bisexual for the show? I read that she had different male lovers in the books and takes special birth control, so I guess they're switching it up.

-Sansa is so impulsive and dumb, that letter will likely cause huge problems. I bet that raven carrying her message is going to be intercepted by the Boltons and they will know about the gathering of men.

-It's amazing how the screams of slayed peasants were somehow missed by Sandor, was he miles deep in that forest?

-I might be in the minority, but in the very beginning of this ep, due to the cold open and the primitive clothing of the people, I actually thought we were witnessing the past, showing Bran the Builder laying the foundations for what would be The Wall while it was still summer. But I guess The Hound is so beloved he deserved the special intro.

thing is that the assassin guild can't decide to kill her. Only the god can choose to, or somebody offer payment. I think the waif bitch acted on her own and now she's gonna get rekt

______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

This shit is about to hit the fan... ser strong in action!! revenge of the hound!!
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    Ol' Sandor Clegane back in action, gonna go on some Rambo rampage. I can't wait to see the maelstrom of blood that will flow! Oh yes, there will be blood!

Stuff I noticed:

-Arya! I thought you'd have a bit more presence of mind when you betrayed an assassin's guild. I was hopingwhen fake granny was approaching Arya was gonna be like, "Gotcha bitch!" tumblr_m7fm76vgKl1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

-Lady Mormont aka Punky Brewster got some hutzpah, I think she'll make a good leader once she matures. At least her men seem to be honorable and trustworthy.

-So they Yara Greyjoy a lesbian or bisexual for the show? I read that she had different male lovers in the books and takes special birth control, so I guess they're switching it up.

-Sansa is so impulsive and dumb, that letter will likely cause huge problems. I bet that raven carrying her message is going to be intercepted by the Boltons and they will know about the gathering of men.

-It's amazing how the screams of slayed peasants were somehow missed by Sandor, was he miles deep in that forest?

-I might be in the minority, but in the very beginning of this ep, due to the cold open and the primitive clothing of the people, I actually thought we were witnessing the past, showing Bran the Builder laying the foundations for what would be The Wall while it was still summer. But I guess The Hound is so beloved he deserved the special intro.

thing is that the assassin guild can't decide to kill her. Only the god can choose to, or somebody offer payment. I think the waif bitch acted on her own and now she's gonna get rekt

She got permission from faceless dude last episode.
    This is offensive.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,699
    edited June 2016
    Pretty sure Arya's jumping off of the side of the building getting ready to fuck Waif-bitch up in that preview. Always confirm your kills folks.

Also, surprising amount of fucks not given in that town. People just getting stabbed and walking around bleeding and nobody cares. What the hell?
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    Pretty sure Arya's jumping off of the side of the building getting ready to fuck Waif-bitch up in that preview. Always confirm your kills folks.

Also, surprising amount of fucks not given in that town. People just getting stabbed and walking around bleeding and nobody cares. What the hell?

Braavos is crazy. People kill each other in the streets most nights.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Braavos is home to a death cult and rich merchants, so it wouldn't surprise me if bystanders just see her as either a wounded thief, or a fated victim of the Faceless Men.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,847
    Yeah, the show forgot to cover it, but in the books Bravos is kind of famous for its duels to the death in the streets.
    I hate to have to point this out, but:

Why Arya?

It seems to have been an awful lot of trouble for Jaq to have gone through just to get one measely recruit.

Methinks Arya has Braavosi Prophesy plot armor.

"Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

I don't think he's going through a lot of trouble.

Something happened with Ayra where he owed her the lives of a few people. She then blackmailed him to help train her or she'd order him to kill himself. He would have had to do it due to his beliefs or some shit.

He only truly let her fuck up once and then punished her for it. This time, she fucked up again and the waif asked him for permission to kill her. He implied yes.

Ain't that complicated.
    This is offensive.
  • AlkipotAlkipot Speeches are for campaigning... now is the time for action! Joined: Posts: 1,857
    edited June 2016
    Faceless dude did tell the waif to make sure she didn't suffer though. Gut stabs aren't exactly that, so I wonder if he'll make her pay for it.

Cersi rapeface smirk in that preview... You know zombie is gonna get deep in some ass!
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible SFV/Injustice2 play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,847
    edited June 2016
    Why Arya? Because she's actually a good recruit for it.

She's young, has physical aptitude, and is mostly comfortable with killing people.

She's got warg blood, and while magic goes explicitly unexplained in GoT there's very much a magic-begets-magic thing going on, so she's probably a good fit for Faceless Man hoodoo.

Maybe most importantly, she managed to casually befriend a Faceless Man even after learning what he is. That probably almost never happens in Braavos between the fact that they normally don't stick around after completing their job, and the fact that the locals are all in awe or terrified of them.
    Post edited by Reticently on
    I don't think he's going through a lot of trouble.

Something happened with Ayra where he owed her the lives of a few people. She then blackmailed him to help train her or she'd order him to kill himself. He would have had to do it due to his beliefs or some shit.

He only truly let her fuck up once and then punished her for it. This time, she fucked up again and the waif asked him for permission to kill her. He implied yes.

Ain't that complicated.

Sure it is.

Or are you one of those people who genuinely believes that Jaq "got put into" that situation?

Really?

This isn't even taking into account any of the Syrio stuff.

What situation are we talking about? Where he owed her the favors?

Dude is good but he's not a god. He's bound to fuck up.
    This is offensive.
    What situation are we talking about? Where he owed her the favors?

Dude is good but he's not a god. He's bound to fuck up.

Where he was a "prisoner" headed to The Wall in the first place.

I just don't think he is so godlike he could escape capture. He's only human.
    This is offensive.
    edited June 2016
    I just don't think he is so godlike he could escape capture. He's only human.

Dude can wave his hand down his face and become someone new.

I think he's a bit more than a normal expert high-level assassin, even... whatever that is.

Magic makes everything deadlier.

Especially on GoT.

Mix religion into it, and gods help your foe.

• rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,350
    Yeah next episode you see Arya jumping from the ledge with different clothes on & no signs of being shanked...So my guess the one who got stabbed is Jaqen, he decides to give his life for Arya...I think Jaqen is possibly Syrio the dancing swordsman. They developed a nice teacher student relationship & Syrio witnessing what happened to the Starks decides to train Aria to become the perfect assassin to get her revenge.

Other theory is Jaqen is not Syrio but is still obligated to Arya because she save him in Season 2.

Arya=waif im not feeling
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    pedoviejo wrote: »

Stuff I noticed:

She got permission from faceless dude last episode.

I have to re-watch the episode because e probably skipped that part
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I hope Littlefinger pulls a "The Prestige" and has a twin walking around.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Speaking of Littlefinger, was I the only one that figured Sansa grudgingly sent that letter she wrote to him?
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    I hope Littlefinger pulls a "The Prestige" and has a twin walking around.

Why?

He's still alive, on the show, right?

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,258
    Speaking of Littlefinger, was I the only one that figured Sansa grudgingly sent that letter she wrote to him?

No, she's clearly requesting his aid to bolster the numbers of their army.
  • MIRACLEARROWMIRACLEARROW Kendoka Joined: Posts: 1,997

No, she's clearly requesting his aid to bolster the numbers of their army.

Im assuming shes trying to send dat shiz to blackfish but then the army of siegeing lannisters gonna get ahold of dat?

Check Out my Evil Ryu Combo/Mixup Video!!
    2012 Main: Evil Ryu and Ryu
    Retired: Guile - *Shades*, Makoto
    PSN - TojiSake